Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard (10741 Views)

Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram / Can GTB Naira Mastercard Make Online Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
Please I need someone who has successfully carried out the transaction to reply.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Greenpro: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
This is a good question, you can contact the customer care of your issuer bank for full and concise detail.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
I have done that but the reply given to me is skeptical. Here it is, what do you think?

Dear Bleep Bleep,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Cardservices.

In response to your mail, if you are able to do forex trading with your Naira Mastercard, you should be able to receive credit with the same card.

Thank you.

Bukola Oluitan
Card Services, E-Business and Card Services Group
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2011
Hello, sure u can, but it must be connectd to you DOM account.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^
Problem is gtb has refused to issue a card for my dorm
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Fhemmmy: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2011
blink182:

^^^
Problem is gtb has refused to issue a card for my dorm

Have you asked them why?
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Have you asked them why?
I did and here's their response

Dear xxxo,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank’s Cardservices.

We are in receipt of your response and thank you for your continued interest in our dollar cards.
We would like to advice that the issuance of the GTBank dollar card is based on certain criteria’s that are system based and so we are currently unable to oblige your request for the issuance of a dollar card.

We thank you and are appreciative of your interest and request

Thank you for banking with GTBank.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Fhemmmy: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^ You might wanna walk into the bank and talk to your Bank Manager.
Let him/her explain to you what those criteria are and how come you dont meet them, what you have to do cos you need it, else you will be forced to move your business elsewhere . . . .I am sure that would make them to sit up
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^
My brother I did o and I was advised to go elsewhere. I was so shocked.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
Nigeria is just too omitted by international payment processors sometimes I just feel like packing and going elsewhere to conquer online undecided
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nairaplus(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2011
blink182:

Nigeria is just too omitted by international payment processors sometimes I just feel like packing and going elsewhere to conquer online undecided

You are not alone in that. I also have been looking for a way to migrate to the US and conquer this discrimination that has been brought upon us by corrupt leaders and citizens.

1 Like

Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by nkem123(m): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
i have not done that before maybe i will contact the customer and give you a feedback
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
blink182:

^^^
My brother I did o and I was advised to go elsewhere. I was so shocked.

You kidding me . . . When are we gonna find a better way to treat our customers and know that they are the reason why we are in business
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by harpo(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
Please is there anybody in the house that can supply directly (no middle men) industrial marine electrical materials in Lagos at very competitive prices. below are samples of some of the materials that could be needed.

- HOSE CLAMP, 1/2", WORM GEAR, STAINLESS STEEL, FOR OXYGEN HOSE.
- HOSE, OXYGEN AND ACETYLENE HOSE, 1 ROLL PER EACH
- STRIKER, SPARK (LIGHTER) 3-WAY FLINT, SHURLITE P/N 4501
- TEE,6" WELD ON, SCH 80,SAND BLASTED AND DIMET COATED.
- TEE,1-1/2" ,WELD ON, COLLAR TYPE, SCH 80,SAND BLASTED AND DIMET COATED.
- ELBOW,1-1/2" , WELD ON, COLLAR TYPE, SCH 80,SAND BLASTED AND DIMET COATED
- DISC, CUTTING 4-1/2"OD, NORTON P/N 66252830435 13580 MAX RPM ,THREADED GROOVE SCN: 00227261
- ELBOW, 90 DEG, 1" 6000 PSI, UNTHREADED SOCKET - WELD, FROM MCMASTER-CARR 108 CATALOG, PAGE 32 SCN: CC012209
- ELBOW,2'' X 90 DEGREE, 6000PSI, UNTHREADED WELD SCH.80, RATE-6000PSI SCN: CC014475
- ELBOW,45 DEG, 2" WELDED SCH 60 SCN: CC011745
- CABLE: 50MM WATER PROOF CABLE, FLEX CORE CABLE WITH FOUR CORE

Call 08099451540
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You kidding me . . . When are we gonna find a better way to treat our customers and know that they are the reason why we are in business
Welcome to Nigeria grin
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by stagger: 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
You cannot receive money to either your GTB Naira or Dollar Mastercard. I have tried it before without success. In contrast, I can receive money to my Payoneer Mastercard in three simple steps, and it is processed in 48 hours.

We have a very long way to go in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
stagger:

You cannot receive money to either your GTB Naira or Dollar Mastercard. I have tried it before without success. In contrast, I can receive money to my Payoneer Mastercard in three simple steps, and it is processed in 48 hours.

Will payoneer accept/make payment to an online gaming site. If so, can I process it freely?
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by yamakuza: 5:41am On Aug 23, 2011
stagger:

Well, technically, if you can receive refunds on your card, then your card can receive payments.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Fhemmmy: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
stagger:

Never heard of that one, could you please explain and is this with a Bank?
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by yamakuza: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
@blink:
for local payments, ATMs and Interswitch webpay or GTpay can handle card to card xfers.

For intl payments, u need a merchant account. 2co and paypal support payoneer, while alertpay can wire to your dorm.

To receive intl to ur visacard, Vpay can work. For mastercard, its their MoneySend product, but I dont think thats available in Nigeria yet.

@phemmy :

www.naijatechguide..com/2008/12/send-money-online-to-nigeria-visa-v.html

www.allnigeria.info/index.php?topic=468.0;wap2

www.strictlyonlinebiz.com/blog/nigerians-fund-withdraw-paypal-payoneer-mastercard/1111/

www.multidox.net/blog/3/messages/48.html

www.multidox.net/blog/3/messages/61.html

www.mastercard.com/in/personal/en/moneysend/faq.html#2

https://www.entropay.com/collect-money-entropay

www.google.com/m?q=vpay+nigeria
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by 9to5365(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
The basic answer is no. You need a card issued outside Nigeria for that. There are many of such cards.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Ndyoo(m): 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2011
Stagger i need 2 talk 2 u on article writting,mail me
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by geniusauthor(m): 12:56am On Sep 04, 2011
I buy things with my GTB Naira mastercard online,but I have not try using it to recieve money.
If you can have a refund on it(a friend of mine did) then you should be able to recieve money on it na? Abi?
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by yamakuza: 1:54am On Sep 04, 2011
^ refunds are possible, but card to card xfers are only possible if ur bank is Mastercard MoneySend enabled.

Visa Vpay cards in Nigeria can do card to card xfers and receive money, and might be a local alternative.

Getting a Payoneer Mastercard from 2co is not a bad idea. The accompanying merchant account will be more than useful.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Kingsonly: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
pls how could i convert airtime to cash
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by modath(f): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2011
I did tax refund when I went to the UK and I got cash refund for all my purchases but for the shirts I bought at TM Lewin cos the figure on the form was altered by the sales personnel.
The refund Company officials were sceptical and wanted to make enquiries first and I was asked to provide a credit no which I did with great reluctance cos I taught that was the end of my money since my GTB Naira mastercard is a "DEBIT SAVINGS" card and its clearly stated that that the card must be a credit card.
Lo and behold my acc
ount was creditted and the alert I got read "POS MERCHANT REFUND" a week after my return.
Re: Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
modath:

I did tax refund when I went to the UK and I got cash refund for all my purchases but for the shirts I bought at TM Lewin cos the figure on the form was altered by the sales personnel.
The refund Company officials were sceptical and wanted to make enquiries first and I was asked to provide a credit no which I did with great reluctance cos I taught that was the end of my money since my GTB Naira mastercard is a "DEBIT SAVINGS" card and its clearly stated that that the card must be a credit card.
Lo and behold my acc
ount was creditted and the alert I got read "POS MERCHANT REFUND" a week after my return.
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trailer Or Tipper/dump Truck Which One Is More Lucrative? / Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies / Plastic ID Card Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.