Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense (28928 Views)

US Survey Declares Nigerian Men 8th Sexiest In The World / Best Dressed Nigerian Men In 2013 By MODE Men Magazine.. You Agree? / Who Said Nigerian Men Dont Have Swag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
A small group of us had an argument about the topic in question.
about 7 or 8 of the 10 girls feel Nigerian men lack proper dress sense.

What kind of men are you guys looking at?
In my experience, Nigerian men are the most diligent and firm dressers. Cloth starching, ironing, bleaching, etc. Even the men with not-so-many dress choices make sure their clothes match and they keep them neat.

What matters is, you still love us either way, so no sweat. I just felt like mentioning it.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
They try too hard

and can you do me a favor and tell your brethen to stop wearing sun shades at night. Sunshades isnt going to change them from being ugly. With and without the same monkey face still dey there.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol, oh my you are kidding me. so it's true that's what most of you ladies think.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by coolminded(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
They copy cat other countries like UK,

Why wearing winter jackets when d weather is damn HOT? grin

Y wearing sun glasses in d dark?Some needs to grow up,
cry
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by daprince: 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
I think it's just the stupid ones that ain't got good dress sense!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by JeSoul(f): 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

They try too hard

and can you do me a favor and tell your brethen to stop wearing sun shades at night. Sunshades isnt going to change them from being ugly. With and without the same monkey face still dey there.

cool-you mean like this? lol, girl thats funny!

I agree wearing sunglasses at night is so ridiculous,
   and while I do think naija men def try too hard when they dress, most of the ones I know and see are pretty okay dressers.
   Now Nigerian women generally go waaaay overboard when they dress, to much action going on with the whole outfit and especially with the excessive make-up. But I digress off topic.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2007
the same way nigerian guys fool themselves that tehir jaundice eyes will go away with sunglasses, the girls too use abnormal amounts of makeup to cover the mismatched color of their faces.

As you can see it goes hand in hand
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by coolminded(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol, Too much jokes while on holiday 2 naija,
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by phenomenon(m): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
k0be:

A small group of us had an argument about the topic in question.
about 7 or 8 of the 10 girls feel Nigerian men lack proper dress sense.

What kind of men are you guys looking at?
In my experience, Nigerian men are the most diligent and firm dressers. Cloth starching, ironing, bleaching, etc. Even the men with not-so-many dress choices make sure their clothes match and they keep them neat.

What matters is, you still love us either way, so no sweat. I just felt like mentioning it.

Well said k0be. Please when next are you gonna have such a gathering so we can start an arguement over
the Nigerian woman!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by daprince: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ TOH,
I agree with you, but with the way you are bashing them naija dudes, might I ask if you've ever dated a naija dude and if you were satisfied with his dress sense.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2007
Nigerian men are cool.
I can't stand the heavy jewelry though.
The thick bracelets and chains are a turn off.
It screams OMATA (Onitsha amalgamated traders association)
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
yes JeSoul, Naija girls(most) definitely overdress.  It is too much, you pepople need to tone it down! akanpo.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2007
the topic is on nigerian men don't change it
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by tpia: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2007
my pet peeve is

please do not argue over the bill, when we eat out.

its very annoying.

Tip as necessary. Its the norm.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by coolminded(m): 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol@baby
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by JeSoul(f): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
phenomenon:

Well said k0be. Please when next are you going to have such a gathering so we can start an arguement over
the Nigerian woman!

hmmm you wan start katakata, shey na trouble you dey find? don't awaken the women oh! grin This will quickly escalate into a full fledged battle! lol,

babyosisi:

Nigerian men are cool.
I can't stand the heavy jewelry though.
The thick bracelets and chains are a turn off.
It screams OMATA (Onitsha amalgamated traders association)

LOL grin that is so true! I forgot about the way they wear so much jewelry.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by chiogo(f): 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2007
Yes, naija men do have a poor dress-sense. OMG, where do i start from?? d sunglasses thin', yup, makes no sense whatsoever. One person i actually do notice who has a poor dress-sense is Emeka Ike, damn!!, that dude is always wearin' this red sneakers with every clothe in all d movies i seen him in. wow, infact, that's what i use to recognize him. It's better to just wear a plain color like white/black. They both go with any color but this dude is always wearin' this brightly-colored red sneakers, dat's too Childish, dude wearin' colorful stuff.Idk d rest, though but most naija dudes do have poor dress-sense. lipsrsealed
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2007
so much jewelry and talking so loudly on the phone in public.
You can spot a Nigerian man anywhere by these 2 attributes.

and the other annoying thing is trying to speak like an oyinbo
that is sooooooo irritating
trying to speak americana with thick Igbo or Yoruba accents.

I still love our men though.
I married one of them smiley
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by JeSoul(f): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
k0be:

yes JeSoul, Naija girls(most) definitely overdress.  It is too much, you pepople need to tone it down! akanpo.
  lol, yeah I can't front, naija women need to look at themselves too. But ehm, may we not stray too far from the topic smiley else a battle might ensue.
 I think naija is so heavily influenced by western cultures when it comes to dressing, and unfortunately some people cannot pull it off as well as others. I do think naija men are generally still okay, its other african countries I might say generally lack a good dress sense,
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by chiogo(f): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
his_grace:

as usual - talking out of point - the question or topic is noy about wearing glasses, its about general dress sense. Sometimes I wonder, when will any sensible discussion be made on Nairaland?
sorry, i gotta comment on this but u just proved urself wrong. Since, u know it's about "general" dress sense, what do u think "general" means?? It has to do with every bit of it---Dressin' i mean. So, mentionin' sunglasses is not digressin' from d topic.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by phenomenon(m): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
JeSoul:

hmmm you wan start katakata, shey na trouble you dey find? don't awaken the women oh! grin This will quickly escalate into a full fledged battle! lol,

LOL grin that is so true! I forgot about the way they wear so much jewelry.

grin

I apologise if i offended the women

grin grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
phenomenon:

grin

grin grin

we forgive you
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
we are talking about nigerian men and how they wear white shoes with suits and tie
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by JeSoul(f): 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
phenomenon:

grin

grin grin

lol, how cute. We ain't sweatin' you jare. You must be one of the naija men with a good dress sense  grin.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by JeSoul(f): 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2007
his_grace:

lets see how y'all dress - put a picture of u here and lets judge.
you first!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2007
how about those who wear baseball caps with longsleeves
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Iman3(m): 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2007
What about the atrocities Nigerian women commit against fashion  grin  grin They have a reputation for appalling dress sense  grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2007
are you wearing a skirt? grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2007
I-man:

What about the atrocities Nigerian women commit against fashion  grin  grin They have a reputation for appalling dress sense  grin

that's not true.
Nigerian women rock!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by bluesky4(f): 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
I have to agree that Naija men have poor dress sense, they try to hard to copy the american style 'over-sized' clothes, but when the naija guys wear it, it just looks cheap. Not only this, but it is not good seeing a guy wearing tight jeans lipsrsealed

And its also not good seeing guys wear denim shirts, ewww!

ToH
sooo true sunglassess to cover up their jaundice red eyes.

However, when Naija men are wearing the native atire, damn do they look hottt!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
his_grace:

good to criticise when u are actually the worst dresser humanly possible.

I'm just kidding.
I dress real good.
If you've seen Halle Berry and Tyra Banks,you've seen me
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by bluesky4(f): 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol babyossissi your too funny. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.