Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria (48507 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by kristonium(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/seven-major-causes-of-divorce-in-nigeria/

Balderdash!!

Where is lack of money in all of these?

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Moniya4Real(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
The number one factor, as far as I am concerned is the issue of money.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by bonnyhope: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by muyico(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by MITCHELL96: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Savedday:
Why do I always feel sorry for any guy marrying a 9ja girl?

9ja girls don't love and dey will never love.

They are nothing but useless and evil. All of them...

Lol, calm down bro, Not all of them, you just haven't met the good ones yet.

The white people know how to love but their reasons for divorce are petty things that is not worth it at all. Have you heard of a woman that divorced her husband just because he pressed the toothpaste from the middle instead of the bottom?

Did you also hear about the woman that divorced her husband just because he was 5 minutes late to pick their children from school?

When you hear things like this, you'll ask yourself if this women really loved you right from the start. Just appreciate the little you have and can afford.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lack of Kudi, Ego, Owo a.k.a money grin
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by sparko1(m): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by alimiadedayo1: 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Lol, calm down bro, Not all of them, you just haven't met the good ones yet.

The white people know how to love but their reasons for divorce are petty things that is not worth it at all. Have you heard of a woman that divorced her husband just because he pressed the toothpaste from the middle instead of the bottom?

Did you also hear about the woman that divorced her husband just because he was 5 minutes late to pick their children from school?

When you hear things like this, you'll ask yourself if this women really loved you right from the start. Just appreciate the little you have and can afford.
it was the society that allow such things to happen
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Chockerdoll:
When Africans (Nigerians) Starts to copy the White's, they get to mis-use anything copied... The rate at which Divorce gonna be much by 2030 ehhn!! Watch out
The copy oneside that favours lady and leave the part that will benefit guys. Lol
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Exceed15:
8. Family Interference
God bless you especially from the ladies

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Toredola: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Mouth odour and vag*na odour goes a long way in wrecking a marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Nehyooh(m): 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Slynation:
The issue of unforgiveness depends on what he or she did, personally, there is nothing on earth that would make me take bath a cheating wife, even if the whole Nigerians knee and beg me... angry
grin
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Slynation(m): 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
I know say u de lie, I swear
You think so...
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by nnamdi640: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
DenreleDave:
You missed some points actually

1. Ego: lack of respect may cause divorce.

2. Greediness and love for money: some women are not contented with what their husband can provide. Some men are not satisfied with their wife also.
The two still fall on lack of love, if one really love his or her partner, he or she will respect him or her. There is no place for greed if truly both love themselves.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by awakmfon03(m): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
In addition. LACK OF WISDOM

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Finance no dey Incomplete list
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by kutashi: 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
Omihanifa:
SAPA should also be on the list. Most women are only there when there’s something to gain. Either financially, materially, or connect. The moment these things are no longer available, they move on to another person.
What of you? Aren't you preparing to SAPA or already 'SAPAed' because nothing for you gain here!
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by nnamdi640: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
All the 7 points Op mentioned still fall on lack of love. Most marriage nowadays is not built on love. Some people just marry just because others are doing it, some marry because of pressure from relatives and so no, by the time they see the reality of marriage, they tend to separate.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by franchasofficia: 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
This op is a joker sha, he even forgot the number one reason; money, owo, ego, kudi.

Kudi ya zo mata ya zo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ini Edo was my crush in those days. I was always saying in my mind that whoever married her would be such a lucky guy. How I got to know she couldn't conceive was shocking to me. The husband left her as a result but I found it hard to believe. She too said it was a rumour. Until a day she said she's going for surrogacy.

But I can understand. All these pretty gals are always in the eyes of the money bags and politicians. Dem go don do her shege.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by IamMobisola(f): 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok all you said is right according to the standard of the world but in accordance with the will of God who hate divorce, both parties should do everything to avoid divorce through the power of love and forgiveness..the next person u will get married to might even be more troublesome than the one u want to divorce...human being without the spirit of love,discipline and mercy are essentially the same...my only concern now is the fact that Tinubu eldest child is 61 why the father is 70years old nine years older than the daughter..the implication is that the man started making money as young as 5years and got married at the age of 8 years and became a father at 9years ..everything about Tinubu is lies upon lies ..a mysterious creator of lagos and everything in it..let me no talk about the age of the mother of the 61 years old daughter..probably she was six years old when she gave birth to her...hahaha APC is the most dangerous party in the world

The same “God hates divorce” is the reason why the Late Osinachi died of domestic violence and tons of other women.
Mtchww

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by bal4real: 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Jeffyblaq:

I used to doubt dis until it happened to me....

I blame myself...
I've seen many guys say this. Pls can u share ur story/experience, if u won't? Some guys here might learn from it.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Moniya4Real(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
Myaffair:
Add present Buhari Economy to it.
���
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by IamMobisola(f): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Which one is no sin is too great to be pardoned? So, seeing another man banging your beloved wife on your matrimonial bad, you'll pardon her
But you men want your wives to forgive you when you sleep around with anything. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by yusufmurry: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
A Nigerian girl doesn't love. Marriage is poverty alleviation for them. Na who can feed them and ready they move to. No love

Your money determines their love -pretence

They are ever-ready even before puberty. No preparedness, entitlement mentality, full of insecurity, always thinking of what they can gain than what they can offer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Smoothcom: 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
PrinceSammy02:
Yeah, that's true.

Another cause of divorce is; spiritual partner.

This is a very common thing, but still many people don't like to talk about it or even believe it exists.

The case of one having a spiritual husband/wife is a great marriage k.i.l.l.e.r which attention needs to be paid to. I myself have witnessed smiliar cases. Even a case of a man who got married to 6 women and all ended in divorce. He got really depressed that he almost took his own life. But after he discovered himself and did the necessary rituals, he is currently 6 years old married with 2 children happily.

There is a misconception that this is a women issue, but this can equally affect men too. This issue has ruined the lives, careers, businesses, and families of so many great people without them realizing that this is the reason behind their predicament. SOME of this marriages clashing today are related to this too.

It is very essential that everyone check themselves and their partner before signing that lifetime contract of togetherness. If you nor your partner happens to have a spiritual partner, some rituals can be done (according to your religion) to prevent having marital problems later on.
ur very collect

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by deltateam: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/seven-major-causes-of-divorce-in-nigeria/

Nonsense. They didn't even mention finance and inlaw interference.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by merits(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Which one is no sin is too great to be pardoned? So, seeing another man banging your beloved wife on your matrimonial bad, you'll pardon her

Don't mind the jobless folly mumu man.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by ObalendeCMS: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
Only a very foolish and simpLE guy will propose and marry a naija girl who is not a virgin or from a wealthy home. Only a big fool will do this.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Basiljoe: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
7 Real Causes of Divorce all over the world.

1) Gynocentricism
2) Female Solipsism
3) Feminism
4) Hypergamy
5) Gender Equality bullshit
6) Bluepilled Beta Males
7) Once again. Unfeltered Feminine Hypergamy.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
placeofallure:

If you won't pardon her, take gun and shoot her na. Who's stopping you? If it's the other way round now, you'll expect to be pardoned abi? Murasi!

bit how much is it exactly?
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by BABANGBALI: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Please what is the difference between infertility and infidelity?

Only girls from 18 to 25 want a handsome and tall guys ..those from 28 - 30 want anything that is breathing
��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.