Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! (4899 Views)

Adamawa State Governor--Murtala Nyako has not Resigned / Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt / Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by henry101(m): 5:13am On Aug 20, 2011
By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief
There was, yesterday, a hoax over the resignation of the Coordinating Minister of the Economy and the Minister Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who was sworn-in by President Goodluck Jonathan just on Wednesday.

Text messages conveying the rumoured resignation of the minister were passed round at about noon, yesterday precipitating several frantic calls to officials of the presidency as well as, those of the Ministry of Finance to confirm the story which also appeared on an online news site.

But the office of the minister dismissed the story, saying that it was the handiwork of evil and corrupt people who were afraid of Dr. Okonjo-Iweala’s position against corruption.

Her Special Adviser, on Information and Communication, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, said in a swift reaction that the information was completely false and a calculated attempt to distract the minister but that the objective would not be achieved.

His words, “it has been brought to our notice that an online website is alleging that Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, has resigned her position.

“The information is completely false and without foundation.

“We are aware that the baseless falsehood is part of the ongoing orchestrated campaign by entrenched interests and corrupt groups working against more transparent and improved governance in the country.

“The obvious intention is to distract Dr Okonjo-Iweala from contributing to the realisation of the vision of President Goodluck Jonathan and his administration for sustainable economic growth in Nigeria.

“This intention will not be achieved because Dr Okonjo-Iweala will not be distracted”.

Some interests, indeed, appeared to be bent on discouraging Dr. Okonjo-Iweala from serving in the Jonathan administration as they have been sponsoring publications that she would not return to Nigeria.

Even before the Senate clearing session, there were stories that the woman wouldn’t return on the ground that she had turned down the offer of Mr. President to serve in the cabinet.

By Thursday, there was a rumoured clash between her and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi over the nationalization of the three banks only a week before her arrival.

Besides, when she returned to the Washington, United States of America, after the clearing by the Senate, another story broke out to the effect that she had made up her mind not to serve because she demanded to be paid in dollar and requested to be given a free hand to pick members of her National Economic Management Team.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/i-have-not-resigned-okonjo-iweala/
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Odunnu: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2011
Online website = Nairaland abi? Our voice is counting!
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by henry101(m): 5:53am On Aug 20, 2011
Cabal against Okonjo, lol.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by OAM4J: 6:14am On Aug 20, 2011
It was posted on jokes section of Nairaland and it is also obvious that its a joke on WAZOBIAREPORTERS's site. Looks like many people dont appreciate satire in this country.

Why are government officials making a big issue out of it claiming it's a calculated attempt to distract the minister? Abeg make them chill jor, cant we enjoy some jokes again?
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2011
i hope our idiots in the sss and FG will not start to harass wazobiareporters

i can see the gej dunce brigade defending them if they do  embarassed embarassed tongue

“The information is completely false and without foundation.

“We are aware that the baseless falsehood is part of the ongoing orchestrated campaign by entrenched interests and corrupt groups working against more transparent and improved governance in the country.

“The obvious intention is to distract Dr Okonjo-Iweala from contributing to the realisation of the vision of President Goodluck Jonathan and his administration for sustainable economic growth in Nigeria.

“This intention will not be achieved because Dr Okonjo-Iweala will not be distracted”.

Some interests, indeed, appeared to be bent on discouraging Dr. Okonjo-Iweala from serving in the Jonathan administration as they have been sponsoring publications that she would not return to Nigeria.

sounds like the sort of brain dead, they are out to get gej sheet that team gej spams the board with on a regular basis embarassed embarassed embarassed cheesy cheesy
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by SisiKill1: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2011
Jeeedus! Trust naija people to bring "EVIL" into a simple joke.

Seriously, where's our collective sense of humor gone?
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by stormm: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2011
henry101:

But the office of the minister dismissed the story, saying that it was the handiwork of evil and corrupt people who were afraid of Dr. Okonjo-Iweala’s position against corruption.
Her Special Adviser, on Information and Communication, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, said in a swift reaction that the information was completely false and a[b] calculated attempt to distract the minister but that the objective would not be achieved.[/b]

Even before the Senate clearing session, there were stories that the woman wouldn’t return on the ground that she had turned down the offer of Mr. President to serve in the cabinet.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/i-have-not-resigned-okonjo-iweala/

Madam Finance Minister fall my hand. See World Bank former MD, na wao
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by musiwa48: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2011
Nigerian self.

Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Donmeca(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2011
But that was meant to be a simple joke! What's hapnin in dis country? Y is everyone sooo serious without achievin a thing? We all need all d dozes of laughter we can get in dis very worrisome country.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by musiwa48: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
Here are the pictures of the debt cancellation.  Look President George Bush, Tony Blair etc attended the meeting.

Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by DonJoey(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2011
Kai, naija with thier tory
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Donmeca(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2011
His words, “it has been brought to our notice that an online website is alleging that Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, has resigned her position.

Of course, websites work better online cheesy cheesy
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
[size=15pt]In my humble Opinion, Okonjo Iweala is no different from the other corrupt Nigerian elites who have ruined our nation. It's even better if she resigns now because she has not made any worthy contribution of note ever since OBJ recruited her.[/size]
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2011
Brand_new:

[size=15pt]In my humble Opinion, Okonjo Iweala is no different from the other corrupt Nigerian elites who have ruined our nation. It's even better if she resigns now because she has not made any worthy contribution of note ever since OBJ recruited her.[/size]
bad belle on the move grin grin
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by DonCmos: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2011
9ja make we dey investigate first before we post oooooo!!!!!

GOD HELP OUR RULERS,  Dr. Ngozi go on and fish them out we see their moves here in ABJ.
GOD pass them!! grin grin grin grin!

We are watching them,  cool cool cool
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by goggs(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2011
the media aide is itching to prove his stupidity. a simple check of the website would have revealed it not worthy of commenting on. its a joke mister. but no. the man must prove to okonjo that he is the man to keep. so, he overeaches himself by adding a dose of 'enermies after okonjo's head'. i was embarrassed to read the release.

Nigerian love pointing fingers for the flimsiest of reasons
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by okadaman2: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
{repost For blackberry brains }

What kind of country is this where so called educated officials don't understand satire. Even when the writer and publisher clearly stated it. I tire for una o. What are they teaching in those universities these days? Aristorism and twitterring abi na BBing?

Do they still require Logic and comprehension courses for undergraduates? Abi na electives now?

It's time they start encouraging more reading and better literacy in this country. Africa Magic and Blackberry don injure una brains  finish

See them blaming "detractors" and "enemies" of progress. SMH

Is it WAZOBIAreporter's fault that most of us are borderline illiterates with no sense of humor or finesse to grasp the essence of satire and the nuances of finer writings.

Even my fellow Okadamen got the joke
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Daiquiri: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2011
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by awuf2008: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2011
Brand_new:

[/quote

Mr.so call Brand New, you ought to have been call Old Brand, because it seems to have lost touch with reality of life, how dare u say such an ugly thing about that good woman. You must be out of ur mind. the truth is that she had really help Nigerian economy and she is woman of substance and honour. No sentiment attach here, because i am not an ibo man but a typical Yoruba Man of note.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by cold(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2011
Dayum!I can't believe anybody took that story seriously shocked shocked angry I am shocked beyond words!It was a joke for goodness sakes!This simply goes to show the class of elites we call 'leaders'.Buncha idiotas!
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2011
As long as Sanusi remains the governor of CBN, I doubt Okonji Iweala making any headway
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Beaf: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
cold:

Dayum!I can't believe anybody took that story seriously shocked shocked angry I am shocked beyond words!It was a joke for goodness sakes!This simply goes to show the class of elites we call 'leaders'.Buncha idiotas!

Unfortunately, in todays Nigeria there are many running around looking for sensational rumours to blow out of proportion. Just like there are many who feel Iweala would be a block on their dubious ways of sucking the country dry. It is easy to find out who these sad folk are; just trace the sources of bad/false adverts, rumours and actions against Bart Nnaji, Deziani Allison Madueke, Okonjo-Iweala and GEJ.

There are many who are very bitter at the thought of reform.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by swiftycool(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2011
Oh my goodness! So we actually had to open a new thread with a boldened heading to educate d bulk of half baked brains who couldn't just get d joke! Na wah o, upon all our efforts to douse d tension in the original spoof thread. It goes to show y many Nigerians are unemployable graduates, they don't take time to read, assimilate and analyse in context b4 opening smelly mouths to respond, Blockheads all a dem   angry
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Sarahluv(f): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2011

Donmeca:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by stormm: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2011
Beaf:

sensational rumours to blow out of proportion. It is easy to find out who these sad folk are; just trace the sources of bad/false adverts, rumours and actions against Bart Nnaji, Deziani Allison Madueke, Okonjo-Iweala and GEJ.

There are many who are very bitter at the thought of reform.

I trust grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by musiwa48: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2011
Beaf, do you call destroying of 800 companies and lose of Jobs  a reform??  why should you care, when 30 of the banks and 500 of the associated companies were own by yoruba people.  I forgot in your books Yoruba people are half human.

For God sake tell me how does merging banks reform?  any economy that lose 800 companies just because they want 10 Banks, so that Ngozi Iweala can put on her resume " Big bank" . Is silly.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by sley4life(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2011
why such distractions. Let he be allowed to do her job. She is the best for that post
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by Beaf: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
musiwa.,.:

Beaf, do you call destroying of 800 companies and lose of Jobs a reform?? why should you care, when 30 of the banks and 500 of the associated companies were own by yoruba people. I forgot in your books Yoruba people are half human.

For God sake tell me how does merging banks reform? any economy that lose 800 companies just because they want 10 Banks, so that Ngozi Iweala can put on her resume " Big bank" . Is silly.

Damn!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Broda, no fex! But my doctor said I should avoid dis kain Enggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiisssssss wen yu de sprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreak here o! grin
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by marcus1234: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2011
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by manny4life(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2011
musiwa.,.:

Beaf, do you call destroying of 800 companies and lose of Jobs  a reform??  why should you care, when 30 of the banks and 500 of the associated companies were own by yoruba people.  I forgot in your books Yoruba people are half human.

For God sake tell me how does merging banks reform?  any economy that lose 800 companies just because they want 10 Banks, so that Ngozi Iweala can put on her resume " Big bank" . Is silly.

What is your beaf with this woman? Besides, what is it with you and your theory about her destroying 800 companies and banks in the name of reform? Merger and Acquisition in finance is a separate topic; companies merge for different reasons, it could be for far reaching financing goals and objectives, moral and corporate support or harnessing resources from one another,  it could be for Research and Development, it could be to eliminate competition, growth strategy and expansion, it could be ANYTHING . Companies have consolidated and most have great track record of success. In this case, a reform for 30 banks who merge as 1 banks have greater resources than 1 bank that has limited or no resources at all. I don't know how many of these "800 companies" you keep referring to and how much in $$$ or NNN value have they contributed to the economy. Though they created jobs at one point in time, something led to their consolidation, period.
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by intelligen(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2011
Donmeca:

mr man,u fall my hand wt ds post, abeg get lost jare,bad belle
Re: I Have Not Resigned – Okonjo-iweala! by cold(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
^^huh well with the missing letter in your NL handle,need I say more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Uduaghan Speak On Okada Ban (video) / Buhari Once Again Proved Critics, TonyeBarcanista And Others Wrong / I Love To Slaughther People Nnamdi Kanu Confessed VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.