Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick (1761 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / How I Got Two Employment Letters Simultaneously Yesterday In A Twinkle Of An Eye / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
A quick info into my background, I am a graduate of a biological science course with a good grade, always had passion for tech. So i thought my self and I love it.

Now I recently got a job in one of the top fintechs companies as a graduate trainee(as an infrastructure engineer) where I have resumed, It is also a remote role and I am loving it here. Before i got the offer I had been making applications to so many places.

Now I got invited for a banks exams and interview I made it through and got an offer letter a couple of days ago. During the interview they mentioned they would consider posting me to their I.T dept based on my cv, but there is no assurance. I talked to some staffs at the bank they said its possible to switch departments but it can be cumbersome some times especially for I.T.

Here comes the problem, the fintech graduate trainee is just a 12 month training program where they said they would try their best to retain us. And it is remote and not stressful at all the pay is average(above 100k) for now, but if they finally keep you on permanent basis after the graduate trainee programme your salary would jump by over 200%. But the permanent role after the 12 months is not assured.

The bank that is assured the issue is the department. Their Hr guys said because of my first degree it might be a bit difficult.
If the fintech were to offer me a permanent contract today ill leave the bank.

So here is what I'm planning to do, To juggle the two jobs for like the next 8 months to see what the fintech has to offer since its not stressful and it is remote. Now the issue is that can I do this, is it illegal? the two companies are full time pensionable jobs. Or which in your opinion should I drop

Advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mods please help push to fp advice needed in a dire situation cry
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by swagguElite(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2022
A job in a fintech company pommels your CV into a higher class as you progress with them. It gives you more credence. Same CV you can get a better job offer in a bank any year you wish. Joggle the two for now, get paid twice and when there is a clash of schedules, pick the Company and respectfully quit the Bank.

6 Likes

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by merit455(m): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mention names of the companies..so we could help you with our little Knowledge.

Hope you will vote for Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
merit455:

Your Obi is not an option Nwanne

1 Like

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
swagguElite:
A job in a fintech company pommels your CV into a higher class as you progress with them. It gives you more credence. Same CV you can get a better job offer in a bank any year you wish. Joggle the two for now, get paid twice and when there is a clash of schedules, pick the Company and respectfully quit the Bank.

Yh that's my plan, thanks, but the issue is that is there anything against getting pensions from two companies into ur pfa acct?
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Aremson14(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
swagguElite:

Op, u have made the right call already. What I don't know is about the legality, if I were in ur shoes I'll probably do same
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by pheelhip(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
It's illegal to juggle together job offers from both firms
If they get to know, you might get to forfeit both offers

I can't directly say this is which you should go for but Pick one and let go of the other firm. Don't be greedy.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by akinyeleaa: 3:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Lemme give you the kinda advice I would have taken if I was in your shoes. It is actually illegal to take up 2 pensionable jobs but try and work around it this way, try and pend the registration for pension at one of the jobs for as long as possible, keep posting them whenever they ask you to enrol for pension, dey use style and some excuses delay, at least till you can't anymore. Another thing I can advise you is to try and take into confidence one sure person at your pension fund administrator and seek his professional advice about how you can work around having 2 pensions. If you have not even done data capturing, you might even be lucky, just use 2 different pension fund administrators i.e ARM and Stanbic, when everything later settle maybe after a few years, you'll just move the 2 different pensions to another pension administrator(at different times o) and then run your biometrics.
Goodluck baba

5 Likes

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by phemmyfour: 5:48am On Oct 28, 2022
Einterest:
A quick info into my background, I am a graduate of a biological science course with a good grade, always had passion for tech. So i thought my self and I love it.

Now I recently got a job in one of the top fintechs companies as a graduate trainee(as an infrastructure engineer) where I have resumed, It is also a remote role and I am loving it here. Before i got the offer I had been making applications to so many places.

Now I got invited for a banks exams and interview I made it through and got an offer letter a couple of days ago. During the interview they mentioned they would consider posting me to their I.T dept based on my cv, but there is no assurance. I talked to some staffs at the bank they said its possible to switch departments but it can be cumbersome some times especially for I.T.

Here comes the problem, the fintech graduate trainee is just a 12 month training program where they said they would try their best to retain us. And it is remote and not stressful at all the pay is average(above 100k) for now, but if they finally keep you on permanent basis after the graduate trainee programme your salary would jump by over 200%. But the permanent role after the 12 months is not assured.

The bank that is assured the issue is the department. Their Hr guys said because of my first degree it might be a bit difficult.
If the fintech were to offer me a permanent contract today ill leave the bank.

So here is what I'm planning to do, To juggle the two jobs for like the next 8 months to see what the fintech has to offer since its not stressful and it is remote. Now the issue is that can I do this, is it illegal? the two companies are full time pensionable jobs. Or which in your opinion should I drop

Advice would be highly appreciated.
Wetin engineer dey find for bank.

You want to box yourself into a boring monotonous routine. Stay in your field, gain relevant experience and expand
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by chrispapi11(m): 6:43am On Oct 28, 2022
phemmyfour:
Wetin engineer dey find for bank.

You want to box yourself into a boring monotonous routine. Stay on your field, gain relevant experience and expand

Infrastructure Engineer in IT no be building Engineer grin
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Odignity: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
merit455:

I need a job.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2022
akinyeleaa:
Lemme give you the kinda advice I would have taken if I was in your shoes. It is actually illegal to take up 2 pensionable jobs but try and work around it this way, try and pend the registration for pension at one of the jobs for as long as possible, keep posting them whenever they ask you to enrol for pension, dey use style and some excuses delay, at least till you can't anymore. Another thing I can advise you is to try and take into confidence one sure person at your pension fund administrator and seek his professional advice about how you can work around having 2 pensions. If you have not even done data capturing, you might even be lucky, just use 2 different pension fund administrators i.e ARM and Stanbic, when everything later settle maybe after a few years, you'll just move the 2 different pensions to another pension administrator(at different times o) and then run your biometrics.
Goodluck baba
Thanks very much for this, I decided to Email stanbic they confirmed two organisations can remit into my pfa acct.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by dahmie2013: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2022
Congratulations Op, but why do you want to rub Peter to pay Paul? Please be decisive. You can't have your cake & eat it. Don't you think juggling between 2 jobs can affect your performance on both & you then lose both. Maybe they didn't tell you how demanding bank jobs are.

The HR officer of the bank is right, your first degree might pose an impediment to getting into the IT department of the bank.

If you're a Christian, ask for God's guidance. I will suggest you remain in the fintech company because that is were your passion is.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2022
dahmie2013:
Congratulations Op, but why do you want to rub Peter to pay Paul? Please be decisive. You can't have your cake & eat it. Don't you think juggling between 2 jobs can affect your performance on both & you then lose both. Maybe they didn't tell you how demanding bank jobs are.

The HR officer of the bank is right, your first degree might pose an impediment to getting into the IT department of the bank.

If you're a Christian, ask for God's guidance. I will suggest you remain in the fintech company because that is were your passion is.

Thanks for this, I also understand where ur coming from, but the fintech is not assured...
You know how difficult it is to get an employment in Nigeria. What I even went through to get this one was not as easy. what if after 12 months da don't offer another contract that is my biggest fear. Then I go jobless again ?...
I want to see if the bank can place me in their I.T team as they can't give me any assurance, if they don't I would most likely drop them and if its too stressful I'll do same. Im just looking to be in the bank for like 2 to 3 months.

Since graduation I've got nobody there for me, no connection nothing. That's why I have to try to be as smart as possible
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by dahmie2013: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
Einterest:

Thanks for this, I also understand where ur coming from, but the fintech is not assured...
You know how difficult it is to get an employment in Nigeria. What I even went through to get this one was not as easy. what if after 12 months da don't offer another contract that is my biggest fear. Then I go jobless again ?...
I want to see if the bank can place me in their I.T team as they can't give me any assurance, if they don't I would most likely drop them and if its too stressful I'll do same. Im just looking to be in the bank for like 2 to 3 months.

Since graduation I've got nobody there for me, no connection nothing. That's why I have to try to be as smart as possible
Alright OP, most importantly seek God's guidance.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by BelovedN(f): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
Dear OP,

Whatever you do, try to be as straightforward as possible. It will help you now and in the future. In addition to that, a bank is not an organisation where you try to outsmart the management. Integrity is key. Any liitle taint on your integrity, you're out, especially if you are a new hire and you haven't been confirmed yet. This can actually also hinder you from getting a job with other financial institutions in the future.

As to your question, I'll advise you go for the fintech since getting an I.T related role in the bank isn't guaranteed. Even if you are not retained in the Fintech organization after one year, I believe you would have gained enough experience to even land a better role. Trust me, tech guys are in high demand right now. Gain as much experience as you can for one year, if you're retained, fine, if not, you will definitely get a good job if you know your onions. There are tech vacancies everywhere these days. Don't have the mindset that it's difficult to get a job in Nigeria. People are changing jobs everyday.

May God guide you to make the right decision.

3 Likes

Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by akinyeleaa: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Einterest:

Thanks very much for this, I decided to Email stanbic they confirmed two organisations can remit into my pfa acct.
Oh good, enjoy baba
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by swagguElite(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
Einterest:

Don't mind him. I have been your position before. It's stressful. I hit a some loads of caffeine anytime I feel tired to the bones. And I wake up prepared again. I get too many calls. Some impromptu jobs will clash. So I got used to some many excuses. Diarrhea, Stuck in traffic. E.t.c. so. Its all for money and posterity sakes.

So I saw the advice of one person saying stalling the pension reg. of one first. THAT'S COOL. Eventhough you can receive two in an account. Bank records will show and God forbid someone blows a lead on you. There will be solid evidence in court that you can't erase with br"b".

So this leads me to my second advice. Be discreet. Keep this information to yourself only Of course this platform is faceless, this your best medium of communication. Trust me. Corporate world; whether finance or tech is hard ball game. Don't be sloppy and don't too much. This is a quick fix, not permanent solution to your financial encumbrance.
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by Einterest: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Thanks guys, respectfully dropped the bank last week, sticking with the fintech.... Hopefully works out for the best
Re: Got Two Full Time Jobs At The Same Time Which Should I Pick by emtech100: 5:26pm On Jan 22
Einterest:
Thanks guys, respectfully dropped the bank last week, sticking with the fintech.... Hopefully works out for the best

Hi. What's the situation now. Hope you're still with the fintech. Or got a better offer

(1) (Reply)

How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer / Wallthorpe Vacancies / British Council Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.