Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. (3982 Views)

Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. / Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) / GLO 4G MIFI + Sim + Data Bonus 12months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
I'm so really sad now undecided bought 2k sub on the mifi, used it within 24hrs. Bought 1k twice now it did not last me even 1hr angry
Note that I turned off all auto updates etc angry angry angry
I have destroyed the sim forever! Nounsense people.

3 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by doggedfighter(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin

Hahahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by gracealonev: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin
Funnily, MTN is slow and unreliable but less fraudulent.

6 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by doggedfighter(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin

Hahahahahaha.

I can't help but laugh even though it's not funny..

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
doggedfighter:
grin

Hahahahahaha.

I can't help but laugh even though it's not funny..
Sis, e no funny at all! I'm so disappointed with myself right now sad
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by doggedfighter(f): 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jeffy1206:

Something similar happened to me. My friends were hyping Airtel and bonus they give to new numbers. I rushed to buy, removed the old Airtel number in my phone that I inherited from my late dad. Only to discover it's all nonsense.

The annoying thing is that I lost my dad's SIM in the process.

I have stuck to my MTN since then. I understand them better.

Sorry about your experience !

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by lordm(m): 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
I hope you know windows 10 does not defer update. Even if you try all you can it will still download it
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by matrixme(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hahahahahahaha... Op you're funny oo. You no know say mifi na internet machine? You bought 1000 and 2000 naira data, for what exactly? The basic mifi data sub for airtel starts with 5000 naira. How about your NIN linked on the destroyed sim?
You should put the sim on your phone to avoid this issue. The rate data finishes on wifi is very much different from mobile data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Deicide: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Get Glo 4G they would not hear, they would rather listen to people who haven't used it b4 saying it's slow.

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by osmobil5(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jeffy1206:
I'm so really sad now undecided bought 2k sub on the mifi, used it within 24hrs. Bought 1k twice now it did not last me even 1hr angry
And I de plan to buy the mifi next week....guy wetin be there problem gan gan

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 1:49am On Oct 28, 2022
osmobil5:

they will give you 5gb but it's just about 800mb but the worst is they also charge you like that from your main subscription. If you sub 25gb just know that it's about 5gb you might get. I'm using my old sim in the mifi now. Just that glo has been shitty lately if not... undecided

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 1:56am On Oct 28, 2022
matrixme:
Hahahahahahaha... Op you're funny oo. You no know say mifi na internet machine? You bought 1000 and 2000 naira data, for what exactly? The basic mifi data sub for airtel starts with 5000 naira. How about your NIN linked on the destroyed sim?
You should put the sim on your phone to avoid this issue. The rate data finishes on wifi is very much different from mobile data.
maybe you forgot the part that I said all auto updates on WiFi were restricted. The reason I got the mifi was only for efootball game I play online... My main data sim is Glo. The fact that their sub starts at 5k doesn't justify them triple charging customers. That's stealing! The 2k subs gives 4.5gb and the 1k = 1.5gb. I only use it online for gaming which can last me months with other networks. Nb: if I needed to download large files, I use glo night plans. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 2:01am On Oct 28, 2022
Deicide:
Get Glo 4G they would not hear, they would rather listen to people who haven't used it b4 saying it's slow.
glo actually is slow these days... I struggle with consistent speed. Glo can't even stream live matches for me again while airtel and mtn stream seamlessly without buffering... I'm sorry to say this, glo has again reverted to their old title as the 'Snail' wink
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 2:03am On Oct 28, 2022
lordm:
I hope you know windows 10 does not defer update. Even if you try all you can it will still download it
I don't use it on computer or desktop.
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 2:06am On Oct 28, 2022
osmobil5:

you can buy o but don't ever use the follow come sim else you go open book of lamentation like me grin cheesy grin
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Deicide: 2:48am On Oct 28, 2022
Jeffy1206:
glo actually is slow these days... I struggle with consistent speed. Glo can't even stream live matches for me again while airtel and mtn stream seamlessly without buffering... I'm sorry to say this, glo has again reverted to their old title as the 'Snail' wink
I am getting 7MB/s on my Glo consistently everyday
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by eventainment(m): 3:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Jeffy1206:
Dash me the mifi please
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jimmythewise: 5:20am On Oct 28, 2022
Buy bigger amounts.

Small amounts were "designed by the elite to destroy the poor".

grin

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by falcon01: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2022
Jeffy1206:
lol why not try 10k subs once?
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Codepain: 6:32am On Oct 28, 2022
I have similar issue to yours even the 25gb that comes with it didn't work.
Airtel need to do better
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Jeffy1206(m): 6:39am On Oct 28, 2022
Deicide:
I am getting 7MB/s on my Glo consistently everyday
lucky you. Only get close to that at night sad glo that I use to do 500h for 3gb *2 fa during weekends. Now I can't finish 500mb cos of shitty network
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Jeffy1206:
So sorry, access my condolences, even I never mistake with that most useless network before, I knew they're fraudulent
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2022
Deicide:
so that you go reverse back to 1945 abi, just because you are in a location where you Still get network, until you are on a journey, you can't access your bank app to withdraw money because of glo network, you will understand

3 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Brokeloser: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Airtel is the most crooked network I've ever used.They will NEVER give you the full data you bought I've confirmed this on numerous occasions.Use that yahoo network at your own peril.

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Louisfrank(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
gracealonev:
grin
Funnily, MTN is slow and unreliable but less fraudulent.

yh I'm using mtn 4G mifi and it's less data consuming, just their sudden switch is connectivity in some vicinity can be the problem

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Louisfrank(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Deicide:

I would never recommend glo mifi to anyone, that network fluctuates with location, in some part of Ekiti and Ondo that mifi connectivity will disappoint you even in Ogun, but mtn still tries to pull through in all locations, if glo never show you shege I believe you have not travelled far

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Kaido: 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hahaha
You won't be able to detect
I dumped mine months back. I don't even think know where I dropped it.
Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by osmobil5(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jeffy1206:
they will give you 5gb but it's just about 800mb but the worst is they also charge you like that from your main subscription. If you sub 25gb just know that it's about 5gb you might get. I'm using my old sim in the mifi now. Just that glo has been shitty lately if not... undecided
Ohboy.... grin..
..is there a universal mifi that can accommodate different networks?

If there is, I go look that way oo

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Tombrown3(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
doggedfighter:

Something similar happened to me. My friends were hyping Airtel and bonus they give to new numbers. I rushed to buy, removed the old Airtel number in my phone that I inherited from my late dad. Only to discover it's all nonsense.

The annoying thing is that I lost my dad's SIM in the process.

I have stuck to my MTN since then. I understand them better.

Sorry about your experience !

But I dumped my MTN for Airtel 3k 20gb sub. MTN was giving me 13gb for same amount.

The thing is, we tend to forget how technology has advanced. We now have HTML5 web contents, most web takes about 5mb to complete loading front page, now imagine what 30 minutes on surfing will do to your data.

WhatsApp alone can eat up 1gb in a day if you view status alot. Let me not mention the rest you probably already know.

The point is, everything we do with data has gone high quality.

It's unfortunate for us because we are not giving unlimited data sub like on some other countries.

A friend had to sub 3 months 400gb for 50k MTN. He was tired of exactly what the op was going through.

3 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Rich4god(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2022
Not just the SIM... Even the small WiFi device itself is like that

Data consumption is so fast. Even when u aren't using much. I am regretting why I bought the device sef.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by BlaqFaze: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
Tombrown3:

But I dumped my MTN for Airtel 3k 20gb sub. MTN was giving me 13gb for same amount.

The thing is, we tend to forget how technology has advanced. We now have HTML5 web contents, most web takes about 5mb to complete loading front page, now imagine what 30 minutes on surfing will do to your data.

WhatsApp alone can eat up 1gb in a day if you view status alot. Let me not mention the rest you probably already know.

The point is, everything we do with data has gone high quality.

It's unfortunate for us because we are not giving unlimited data sub like on some other countries.

A friend had to sub 3 months 400gb for 50k MTN. He was tired of exactly what the op was going through.
Lol... people still find way to defend Airtel...Airtel data is terribly weak and it has nothing to do with Html5 and whatsapp status

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
osmobil5:

Buy am

Na the mifi I dey use...

Nor mind the op

The minimum subscription for Airtel mifi start at 5k and it's 20gb and it last me for a month despite the streaming from phone and laptop

(1) (2) (Reply)

Win Free Airtime In The Smirnoff Promo / Get 4.5GB Data For As Low As 1500naira On Airtel / How To Borrow Money From MTN And Pay Later Using MTN Xtracash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.