Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry (27620 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ogbonti: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
when Henry won the world Cup,pls remind who was France highest goal scorer in the tournament? So a player that scored the highest goals for the country is not key right? This is what I was saying most people are using Internet to pass judgement while some of us watched this guys playing days live and direct, I'm sure you just learnt today that Henry was France highest goal scorer are the tournament,behind folks like bastistuta and Davor suker of Croatia grin cheesy

if english comprehension is your problem- please go enroll in a class - i never said he wasn’t the highest scorer- i said important goals

France highest level at the world cup before they won it in 1998 was Semi Finals in Mexico 86 when they had the greats like Michel Platini and Jean Tigana —// so that was their best outing before 1998 —-// so when France defeated Croatia in that same Semi Final stage, who scored the 2 “IMPORTANT GOALS” to make them break that semi finals jinx? it was not Thiery Henry, I remember clearly because I was almost a graduate in the university when France 98 was played and i watched it live so you are the internet analyst here - it was Lilian Thuram that scored both goals - a defensive midfielder- so stop talking rubbish - even in the finals - which was the first time France played at that level and they beat Brazil 3-0 … it was Zidan and Guivarch (i think) who scored the IMPORTANT goals which won the world cup for France - i watched it live so stop talking nonesense bro

IMPORTANT GOALS not Most goals
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Fuckyoumod: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2022
engrchykae:
Etoo does things when the world watches
In finals,Etoo is wicked
lol.... See junkie analysis and reason for rating The goal machine of English premiership to one local Cameroon player.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

if english comprehension is your problem- please go enroll in a class - i never said he wasn’t the highest scorer- i said important goals

France highest level at the world cup before they won it in 1998 was Semi Finals in Mexico 86 when they had the greats like Michel Platini and Jean Tirana —// so that was their best outing —-// so when when France defeated Croatia in that same Semi Final stage, who scored the 2 “IMPORTANT GOALS” to make them break that semi finals jinx? it was not Thiery Henry, I was almost a graduate in the university when France 98 was played and i watched it live so you are the internet analyst here - it was Lilian Thuram that scored both goals - a defensive midfielder- so stop talking rubbish - even in the finals - which was the first time France played at level and they beat Brazil 3-0 … it was Zidan and Guivarch (i think) who scored the IMPORTANT goals - i watched it live do stop talking nonesense bro

you not making ANY SENSE sir with all due respect,how there you say France highest goal scorer of all time and highest goal scorer at a tournament is not a key player, you sound like the real Internet analyst, just read what you posted,haba make una de try de talk true,you think is by fluk he topple Michel Platini's long standing record? Kaiiiii you very funny and unbelievable at same time,trust me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Kayyy: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
Why is this arguement even getting to page 2-3 let alone page 8, those arguing Henry was shifted to the right for Eto, when Inter Milan won their champions League and in that 2009/10 season Eto played many times on the wings to accommodate Milito as the striker what about that ? Does that make Milito a better striker ? Henry was a far better player/footballer compared to Eto

4 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

France highest level at the world cup before they won it in 1998 was Semi Finals in Mexico 86 when they had the greats like Michel Platini and Jean Tigana —// so that was their best outing before 1998 —-// so when when France defeated Croatia in that same Semi Final stage, who scored the 2 “IMPORTANT GOALS” to make them break that semi finals jinx? it was not Thiery Henry, I remember clearly because I was almost a graduate in the university when France 98 was played and i watched it live so you are the internet analyst here - it was Lilian Thuram that scored both goals - a defensive midfielder- so stop talking rubbish - even in the finals - which was the first time France played at that level and they beat Brazil 3-0 … it was Zidan and Guivarch (i think) who scored the IMPORTANT goals which won the world cup for France - i watched it live so stop talking nonesense bro

and let me remind you also that is NOT A MUST to score in every key matches to be key player in a team,haba what are you even saying...Oga grin
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ogbonti: 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
you not making ANY SENSE sir with all due respect,how there you say France highest goal scorer of all time and highest goal scorer at a tournament is not a key player, you sound like the real Internet analyst, just read what you posted,haba make una de try de talk true,you think is by fluk he topple Michel Platini's long standing record? Kaiiiii you very funny and unbelievable at same time,trust me. grin

when next you go into an exam hall - kindly answer the question differently - when asked to state the difference between IMPORTANT and MOST - just use most to answer important and come tell me the result - yeye fawo grin
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

when next you go into an exam hall - kindly answer the question differently - when asked to state the difference between IMPORTANT and MOST - just use most to answer important and come tell me the result - yeye fawo grin
as important and Cr7 and Messi are,why are they yet to win the world cup sir? Why is it difficult for some of you to give credit where it is due,no be everything be sentiments and rivalry, see I'm a responsible football fan,a player mustn't come from the team I support or like to admit such a player is good and deserves all the credit,that same Henry you typing gibberish about also played a key role in France winning the euros 2 year later(even scored in the competition),see ehhh when you are ready to keep emotions and sentiments aside you will see better,I can bet it with you if Henry was a player that played for your team or the side you like or support,you won't type those jokes you typed up there,any player that makes the final list of any national team world cup squad,and even plays in the games,not to talk of topping the team scoring chart is not just a key player in that team but a VERY IMPORTANT KEY PLAYER undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Derry213: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Aswear

After playing as top 9 with some of the best at club level, Eto no touch one European Golden Boot.

In Spain, how many Pinchichi/La liga top scorer him win?

What of La liga Player of the Year?

During Arsenal unbeaten in 2003/2004, Henry topped goals and assists chart.

Henry voted PFA Player of the Year twice
Premier League Top Scorer 4 good times
Twice nominated for FIFA World Best

And him get mind say Henry no dey him level

Well, he’s right cos Henry is bigger and better

No dey cap boss Etoo was better than thiery Henry even blind man know because of etoo dem move Henry go wing when he go Barcelona don't play
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Jokerman(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2022
DeLaRue:
Till today, whether Ronaldo or Messi, I have still not seen any player that played football so elegantly and graciously as Henry.

Henry was also remarkably unselfish. If he had been like some ýof the current crop of strikers - particularly Ronaldo, he would have scored even more. Henry would be in a certain goal-scoring position, and he would still pass to a team mate out of generosity.

He was a more skillful and complete player, whereas Etoo was mostly an excellent goal scorer.

The only striker in the class of Henry in the past 30 years is the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Henry retired years before Etoo, but when that name, Thiery Henry, is mentioned today, one immediately thinks greatness. If you hear Etoo's name, you just think...yeah, fantastic goal scorer.

Etoo is almost forgotten. No one talks about him. He talks about himself and makes controversial statements to get attention.

Ronaldo has more career assists than Henry.

Ronaldo is not a pure striker.... He's a winger...
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Jokerman(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
Pinterest:

Messi does more than dribbling btw

What is it that Messi can do that Ronaldo cannot do?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ogbonti: 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
as important and Cr7 and Messi are,why are they yet to win the world cup sir? Why is it difficult for some of you to give credit where it is due,no be everything be sentiments and rivalry, see I'm a responsible football fan,a player mustn't come from the team I support or like to admit such a player is good and deserves all the credit,that same Henry you typing gibberish about also played a key role in France winning the euros 2 year later(even scored in the competition),see ehhh when you are ready to keep emotions and sentiments aside you will see better,I can bet it with you if Henry was a player that played for your team or the side you like or support,you won't type those jokes you typed up there,any player that makes the final list of any national team world cup squad,and even plays in the games,not to talk of topping the team scoring chart is not just a key player in that team but a VERY IMPORTANT KEY PLAYER undecided undecided

Those who administer world football - those who control the game - the rules and everything about it makes decisions and you, an unknown and irrelevant internet spectator is here discussing emotionally - let me not even go into the distant past - when Germany won the world cup in 2014, who was the Ballon D’Or a German player ? When France won the world Cup in 2018, who was the Ballon D’Or a French Player ? you see how myopic you are ? In world football analysis, is winning the world cup a yardstick to measure a player’s overall importance? yes for team recognition it’s great to win the world cup but individually if you win the world cup - you must be dominant in that tournament to be fully and duly recognized - by scoring very IMPORTANT goals - like what Ronaldo Nazario de Lima did in 2002 by scoring 2 goals in the world cup finals to win the world cup for Brazil beating Germany 2-0

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ogbonti: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
and let me remind you also that is NOT A MUST to score in every key matches to be key player in a team,haba what are you even saying...Oga grin

Ronaldo Nazario de Lima won the world cup in 2002 and dominated - scoring 2 important goals

Zidane did same in 1998 world cup finals scoring 2

Maradona did same in Mexico 86

These are the examples am talking about!
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

Those who administer world football - those who control the game - the rules and everything about it makes decisions and you, an unknown and irrelevant internet spectator is here discussing emotionally - let me not even go into the distant past - when Germany won the world cup in 2014, who was the Ballon D’Or a German player ? When France won the world Cup in 2018, who was the Ballon D’Or a French Player ? you see how myopic you are ? In world football analysis, is winning the world cup a yardstick to measure a player’s overall importance? yes for team recognition it’s great to win the world cup but individually if you win the world cup - you must be dominant in that tournament to be fully and duly recognized - by scoring very IMPORTANT goals - like what Ronaldo Nazario de Lima did in 2002 by scoring 2 goals in the world cup finals to win the world cup for Brazil beating Germany 2-0
the more you post ,the more of joke you look,you said a player that makes his national teams world cup squad and top scoring chart,also played two years later to help his team to win the euros,top his national team all time goal scorer,yet not a key or important player to such a team? I doubt the age you claim to be,you now beginning to sound like a toddler, pls don't make me regret replying you o,when you said 1998 you were almost a uni graduate trust me you raised my expectations I was like aha see one elder stateman,but your choice of words and points raised I'm highly disappointed, no offence intended, but I expected more to be honest cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Pinterest: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
Jokerman:

What is it that Messi can do that Ronaldo cannot do?

Jokerman rest. Make I regain access to my Snapchat account, I go lecture you wella.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

Ronaldo Nazario de Lima won the world cup in 2002 and dominated - scoring 2 important goals

Zidane did same in 1998 world cup finals scoring 2

Maradona did same in Mexico 86 Henry is not a good player,Eto is far better than him,even our very own yakubu is better,pardon me,you know we internet analyst don't know anything about football no vex grin grin

These are the examples am talking about!
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

ok wait let’s go that route

Eto has 2 African Nations Cup trophy
Euro is bigger and better than 5 AFCON
Eto has One Olympic gold medal
Can't be compared to Confederations Cup. Henry score and won against his country.
Took Mallorca from Relegation zone to Euro
In1998, Henry led Monaco to UCL semi final by scoring 7 goals.
Eto has3 Champions League Win
World is bigger than UCL.
Eto has Pichichi wins
Eto won just 1 pinchichi compare to the 2 European Golden and 4 EPL Top Scorer Henry won
Eto won a Treble twice at Barcelona
Eto won a Treble once at Inter milan
Treble = Champions League, League FA Cup
Just so you know, Henry won treble too but treble is not an achievement. Man City has won treble without UCL so its useless.
EVEN Henry once said
Eto won Champions league with 2 clubs
Henry could not make Arsenal win one
He had to come to Barca at their peak to win it[/quote] Your argument is flawed. Every single trophy Arsenal won during Henry's time, Henry led the team or competition with goals but we can't say the same for Eto. In 2005/2006 season, Ronaldinho led Barcelona to win UCL with 7 goals. In 2008/2009 season, Messi and Henry led Barcelona. Eto contributed 4goals while Henry that operated from flanked throughout the tournament scored 5. At Inter, It was Milito and then Sneijder contributed too.
Even Thierry Henry once said, “If Eto’s name was Etodinho, that is if Eto was Brazilian- he would have won the Ballon D’Or” ….. because Eto was playing quality football that was out of this world at his peak!
You don't even the difference between Balon D'or & FIFA World Best then. In 2003 & 2004, Henry was nominated for FIFA World Best and he finished second twice.
Although Eto didn’t win the world cup does not mean, individually he was not an excellent player and among the world immortals of the beautiful game - Or because Messi didn’t win the world cup you want to conclude Fernando Torres who won the world cup with spain is a better player than Messi ? The comparison doesn’t work that way …
World Cup or not, Eto is a step below Henry.
If Thierry Henry had played International football for Guadeloupe where his parents are from originally, will he single handedly be able win the world cup for Guadeloupe ? so let’s stop rating Eto less because of Cameroun’s inability to win the world cup like France….
Leave World Cup cos you don begin make excuses for Cameroon. At Eto's peak, Barcelona was arguably the best club and strongest club in Europe. I want to know why he failed to win European Golden Boot after several attempts. Arsenal was not even the best in England but Henry won it twice.

When Henry won the the world cup in 1998, was he an outstanding player who scored important goals to win that tournament ? nope

it was the likes of Zinedine Zidane (Zizou) Stefan Guivarch, Lilian Thurman, Christian Karenbeau and others including Henry that shared the goals on their way to win the world cup
This comment shows you dont know football. does Inconsequential players end up as their country's top scorer in major tournaments like the World Cup, Euro and Confederations Cup? Let me school you alittle cos its obvious you don't know football. In France 98, Henry topped goal chart for France. In Euro 2000, he was top scorer for France. Confederations Cup in 2003, he also finished as top scorer and was voted Player of the Tournament. Before i forget, he scored the winning goal against Eto's Cameroon. [/quote] please respect your own African brother Eto[/quote] I should ignore facts because of respect?
Even Didier Drogba was better than Thiery
You sound very ridiculous.
If he played in France National Teeam, Drogba at his peak will bench Henry at his peak
OMG!!
If Eto played for France at his peak he will bench Henry at his peak
Football no be for you. just go watch hockey.
Anelka was a better player - na stubbornness na him destroy him career - any black man signed by Real Madrid as a striker is not an ordinary person and when you are given regular play time as a black man playing that forward role at Madrid, you are a very very special player - and that was Nicolas Anelka
Even Giroud better pass Henry.

know this and know peace![/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
2 times UCL winner too

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?

Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?

Etoo is an Olympics and 2 times Afcon winner. He is also the highest goal scorer in Afcon history

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Euro is bigger and better than 5 AFCON Can't be compared to Confederations Cup. Henry score and won against his country. In1998, Henry led Monaco to UCL semi final by scoring 7 goals. World is bigger than UCL. Eto won just 1 pinchichi compare to the 2 European Golden and 4 EPL Top Scorer Henry won Just so you know, Henry won treble too but treble is not an achievement. Man City has won treble without UCL so its useless.
EVEN Henry once said
Eto won Champions league with 2 clubs
Henry could not make Arsenal win one
He had to come to Barca at their peak to win it Your argument is flawed. Every single trophy Arsenal won during Henry's time, Henry led the team or competition with goals but we can't say the same for Eto. In 2005/2006 season, Ronaldinho led Barcelona to win UCL with 7 goals. In 2008/2009 season, Messi and Henry led Barcelona. Eto contributed 4goals while Henry that operated from flanked throughout the tournament scored 5. At Inter, It was Milito and then Sneijder contributed too. Even Thierry Henry once said, “If Eto’s name was Etodinho, that is if Eto was Brazilian- he would have won the Ballon D’Or” ….. because Eto was playing quality football that was out of this world at his peak! You don't even the difference between Balon D'or & FIFA World Best then. In 2003 & 2004, Henry was nominated for FIFA World Best and he finished second twice. Although Eto didn’t win the world cup does not mean, individually he was not an excellent player and among the world immortals of the beautiful game - Or because Messi didn’t win the world cup you want to conclude Fernando Torres who won the world cup with spain is a better player than Messi ? The comparison doesn’t work that way … World Cup or not, Eto is a step below Henry. If Thierry Henry had played International football for Guadeloupe where his parents are from originally, will he single handedly be able win the world cup for Guadeloupe ? so let’s stop rating Eto less because of Cameroun’s inability to win the world cup like France…. Leave World Cup cos you don begin make excuses for Cameroon. At Eto's peak, Barcelona was arguably the best club and strongest club in Europe. I want to know why he failed to win European Golden Boot after several attempts. Arsenal was not even the best in England but Henry won it twice.

When Henry won the the world cup in 1998, was he an outstanding player who scored important goals to win that tournament ? nope

it was the likes of Zinedine Zidane (Zizou) Stefan Guivarch, Lilian Thurman, Christian Karenbeau and others including Henry that shared the goals on their way to win the world cup This comment shows you dont know football. does Inconsequential players end up as their country's top scorer in major tournaments like the World Cup, Euro and Confederations Cup? Let me school you alittle cos its obvious you don't know football. In France 98, Henry topped goal chart for France. In Euro 2000, he was top scorer for France. Confederations Cup in 2003, he also finished as top scorer and was voted Player of the Tournament. Before i forget, he scored the winning goal against Eto's Cameroon. please respect your own African brother Eto I should ignore facts because of respect? Even Didier Drogba was better than Thiery You sound very ridiculous. If he played in France National Teeam, Drogba at his peak will bench Henry at his peak OMG!! If Eto played for France at his peak he will bench Henry at his peak Football no be for you. just go watch hockey. Anelka was a better player - na stubbornness na him destroy him career - any black man signed by Real Madrid as a striker is not an ordinary person and when you are given regular play time as a black man playing that forward role at Madrid, you are a very very special player - and that was Nicolas Anelka Even Giroud better pass Henry.

know this and know peace!
my brother I gave up on that brother o,I promised never to reply him again o,it was a mistake from me and a miscalculation...hehehehehehe. cheesy
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
2 times UCL winner too

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?

Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?

Does Pedro and ibrahimovich play at the same position?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by buckeyemedia: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
BannedLarge:

Henry better than Etoo you just be smoking ijebu garri. Do you realize that Etoo is a 3 time champions league winner and scored at 2 finals?? Infact, it’s only Fenomeno that was better than etoo in the last 30 years
George Oppong Weah the African phenomenon was way better than Samuel Etoo.

He should have been world player of the year back to back if not for prejudice, but as it is known, gravity cannot keep a good man down.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Jokerman(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
Pinterest:

Jokerman rest. Make I regain access to my Snapchat account, I go lecture you wella.

Lol.... no dey follow people abuse una selves.. we dey here to enjoy ourselves... grin
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
maestroferddi:
Eto'o is just an attention-seekiing ex-footballer.

Despite his ridiculous statement, how many UCL goals did he score in his career?

He was just an elite footballer. Period.

He scored 2 in 2 separate champions league final Henry didn’t even score 1. In addition to that, he won Afcon and Olympics for a below average cameroun side. You should put ETOo in that France team and see if he won’t score in a World Cup final. When it comes to complete pure strikers in the last 30 years, only fenomeno is above Etoo

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
BannedLarge:

Does Pedro and ibrahimovich play at the same position?
read and understand why I under Pedro and Ibra in that context. No dey ask me this kind question abeg
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
uchaymart:

Cappings!! Are you saying Victor Valdez is better than Van Der Ser as much trophies are involved?
Okay! Henry has World cup title to his name which Eto'o never had...

Are we clear now??

You must be drinking Sapele water do you expect Etoo to win a World Cup with a below average Cameroonian team when Henry is playing alongside Zidane
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
my brother I gave up on that brother o,I promised never to reply him again o,it was a mistake from me and a miscalculation...hehehehehehe. cheesy
I no go reply am again cos I no know if na the same football all of us dey watch

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

I watched Eto at his prime. Despite having Ronaldinho, Xavi, Deco and young Messi for support and playing for the best team in Spain then, he was still outscored by Valencia's David Villa and Villareal's Diego Forlan for pichichi. Put 2002 - 2004 prime Henry in that same Barca side, he would be European golden boot winner all through.

All that mattered was that he scored on all important games I.e Champions league final, Afcon final, Olympics Final. Honestly, you guys don’t know football

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2022
BannedLarge:

Etoo is an Olympics and 2 times Afcon winner. He is also the highest goal scorer in Afcon history
and Olympics & AFCON big pass World Cup, Euro and Confederations Cup right?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Many of you here are Arguing in IGNORANCE! sad

Nicholas Anelka won the EPL Golden Boot in 1997/1998 season as a Young Unknown 18 Year old Boy!

U Guys think its an Easy feat

The Next 1998/1999 season, He scored 15+goals and Real Madrid Bought him for a Huge Fee!

Amelia wasn’t better than Henry let’s be partial

At Real Madrid, Raul and Fernando Morienties Ganged up against him and another Young Black Striker (Samuel Eto).

Dats Y Eto hated Real Madrid till and was Scoring against them in Real Mallorca!
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by engrchykae(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
lol.... See junkie analysis and reason for rating The goal machine of English premiership to one local Cameroon player.

your village man analysis
A Samuel Etoo that played Central forward for Barca is the person you refer to as a local Cameroonian?
That position is played by the best of the best.
From the time of
Kluivert
Geovanni
Etoo
Suarez
Lewandoski
The least person to play that position is aubameyang.
Etoo is in the league of gods.
If you think rijkaard is stupid to play Etoo cf ahead of Henry
Is Pep also stupid?
As far as striking is concerned,Etoo is second only the Ronaldo de Lima

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
Derry213:

No dey cap boss Etoo was better than thiery Henry even blind man know because of etoo dem move Henry go wing when he go Barcelona don't play
thats because u don’t know football

If you understand football, you go know why Henry operated from flank.

First, Henry was past his prime when he joined Barcelona.
Secondly, he plays same position with Eto who has been in the club for many year. Not like Eto dropped form…. You just expect Barcelona to bench Eto for Henry? Barcelona had to look for a way to accommodate both that why Henry played from flank not because Eto was better.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by BannedLarge: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

The Henry that Eto played with in Barca was already past his prime. He barely scored 12 goals in his last season in the EPL before moving to Barca. Eto'o cannot measure up to Henry of 2001 - 2006 especially the 2002 - 2004 version.

It's like comparing Harry Kane and Pendu of this season. When you compare players you focus on their prime and longevity to be objective.

Even when etoo was past his prime, he still scored massively at inter Milan

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Many of you here are Arguing in IGNORANCE! sad

Nicholas Anelka won the EPL Golden Boot in 1997/1998 season as a Young Unknown 18 Year old Boy!

U Guys think its an Easy feat

The Next 1998/1999 season, He scored 15+goals and Real Madrid Bought him for a Huge Fee!

At Real Madrid, Raul and Fernando Morienties Ganged up against him and another Young Black Striker (Samuel Eto).

Dats Y Eto hated Real Madrid till and was Scoring against them in Real Mallorca!
kaiii are you sure bros?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Caught In Twitter 'Copy And Paste' / Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves: Federations Cup Final (5 - 4) On Pens - 15th Sept 2013 / PSG Offer Mbappe £4m Monthly Salary, Others In Desperate Bid To Keep Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.