Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: (8198 Views)

Harsh Truths I Know At 47 I Wish Knew At 27: / Video Of The Young Couple Who Got Married At 21 / Is She Extremely Desperate At 31? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
1. Stop buying dumb shit. If you do, make it rare and inexpensive.

2. Life isn't fair. Stop trying to make it fair. Make it unfair to your advantages instead.

3. Your employer does not care about you. If you can make money elsewhere, do it.

4. Introverts aren't anti-social, they just hate drama, stupidity, and fake people.

5. Invest early and often so work becomes optional sooner.

6. Successful people aren't special. 99% of them just never gave up.

7. Alcohol has 0 benefit. It makes you poorer, dumber, and fatter.

8. There is little value in caring about things you cannot control.

9. Accountability and maturity are the same thing.

10. Avoid high interest debt at all costs.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
Stay tuned and share yours too. More coming soon...

5 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Dshocker(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
You forgot to add that one should avoid bet9ja

34 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by JOACHINpedro: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
Having Multiple body counts is never an achievement.

45 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by CivilEngineer90: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
Alcohol doesn't make you dumber, depends on the one you are taking.

16 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by qtguru(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
Cinema4d:

2. Life isn't fair. Stop trying to make it fair. Make it unfair to your advantages instead.

3. Your employer does not care about you. If you can make money elsewhere, do it.

4. Introverts aren't anti-social, they just hate drama, stupidity, and fake people.

Facts except No 7. I'm even holding bottle typing this. angry Lol great list sir.

10 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by qtguru(m): 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
Some alcohol are just heavenly esp with tonic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by qtguru(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
11. Pay attention to the Global Market and understanding of money.
12. Invest in more personal skills and self development.
13. Network with professionals

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Reminderz: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
qtguru:

Facts except No 7. I'm even holding bottle typing this. angry Lol great list sir.
of course it won't be the truth when it's about you... better stop it.

5 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by nicerod(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Stedygrowth: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2022
14. Discover yourself before you chose a course to study
15. Date yourself first, before you date anyone.
16. Read everyday, at least one page a day.
17. In every decision you take, make sure it propells you to your goal. If it doesn't, leave it.
18. Never fall in love with someone you don't know, no matter how you feel about him or her. If you want to love him/her, start by knowing him or her (friendship)
19. If you don't like something don't think about it, if you think about it so much, you give it life and it becomes your reality.
20. Put aside something everyday, even if it is one naira.
21. Always proof read before you summit your write up, no matter how sure you are.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Highorbit7O16: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
Bet9ja/1xbet etc is and can never be a business. Stop wasting your time trying to beat their system

10 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by zed7: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
My own message is for young men, never commit if you aren't ready for marriage. Hang out, have fun and generally get to know women without any strings attached. You don't need that drama, what you need is focus.

When you want to eventually get married, look very well before you decide to date. Dating is for marriage. Without the prospect of marriage, dating is a waste of time for young men.

Focus, focus and focus on your future. You don't need that drama and fake love at that point in your life.

Luckily for me, I practiced this same theory many years ago without the Internet to learn from or all the YouTube coaching videos. I'm a much better man today.

38 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by LogicBomb8: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
Pansophist

3 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by jeromestarks: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
Cinema4d:

Do not live to impress a girl. Pvssy is not all there's to life.

11 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by SPAMBOX7: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
All on point except number 7.
How the fvck you expect me to calm nerves and forget all the worries I go through a day even if it's just for a few minutes if I don't consume some quality alcohol. Ko possible na

7 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Medianna(f): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Forgive,No matter the gravity of the offense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by uniqueuser(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
zed7:
My own message is for young nen, never commit if you aren't ready for marriage. Hang out, have fun and generally get to know women without any strings attached. You don't need that drama, what you need is focus.

When you want to eventually get married, look very well before you decide to date. Dating is for marriage. Without the prospect of marriage, dating is a waste of time for young men.

Focus, focus and focus on your future. You don't need that drama and fake love at that point in your life.

Luckily for me, I practiced this same theory many years ago without the Internet to learn from or all the YouTube coaching videos. I'm a much better man today.

God bless you brother!

3 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by minasu190: 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
It is not too late to learn, fool at 40 is fool forever grin

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by uniqueuser(m): 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
All on point except number 7.
How the fvck you expect me to calm nerves and forget all the worries I go through a day even if it's just for a few minutes if I don't consume some quality alcohol. Ko possible na

Music! Music is my alcohol. Good quality music.

3 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by SPAMBOX7: 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2022
uniqueuser:

Music! Music is my alcohol. Good quality music.
You never depress befoe lol

2 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
1. If I magically become a twenty-year-old again, I will never go to a traditional university, I will instead, go to NOUN (national open university of Nigeria) or study online in a free online university (''uopeople'' is a good one) so I will have a lot of free time, then start a business along the way, make all the mistakes necessary and succeed in it. This way, I kill two birds with one stone. A degree and a career that sets me up for life and makes me attractive and respected in my 30s. And it's cheaper too, without the distraction of strikes, cultism, too expensive, the temptation of prostitution, etc. 

2. If you want to understand human nature, politics, women, society, and how power structures work, study the animal jungle. Animals will reveal to you the true nature of humans without the mask of laws, civility, and democracy (lol). 

3. By default, trust no one. And if they give you reasons not to trust them, believe them. If you come to trust them through proven track records that span a reasonable amount of time, still make sure you have a safe landing if things go bad. 

4. Everybody is trying to capture your mind. Guard it with your life. Your mind is like an engine or a computer OS, if it is corrupt, the whole system will be. An example of a captured mind is he who cannot think for himself. 

5. You should know that you are paying a very dangerous price if you refuse to man up, get your shit together, and put in the work. The world is very unforgivable to weak people who prefer comfort, and your refusal to work hard will sink you at the bottom of the food chain, of which you would have been older, fatter, maybe smarter due to experiences, but poorer, and irrelevant. 

6.  Your 20's will only be the time you will be free. From your 30s, society will not be soft on you the way you are soft on yourself. If you are broke, girls will ignore you, friends will not respect you, and your esteem will be low. And other successful people will rent your life to advance their interests. And it will only go worse from there. And as a man, by default, you are on your own. 

7. The earlier you start to run, the quicker you reach the finish line, rest, and enjoy. if your parents are still sponsoring you in your 20s, it is not an excuse to be lazy. Face life as a man, because it gets harder as you grow older. 

8. Look for a woman you hate with a passion, then buy a house for her, a car, and maintain the house until you die. This is the pain that awaits you if you marry a woman who lies, manipulates, and is a deceiver because the body is what attracts you instead of the character. 

9. Your biggest enemies will always be those in your inner circle. It is difficult to be envious of someone you don't know, who didn't watch grow from zero to hero. haters are harmless idiots who hate from afar, but envy is within. More people have been killed and backstabbed by those who know them than by strangers. 

10. In anything you do, make sure that you are able to look at yourself in the mirror and have peace within. You might get away with treating people wrongly, but nothing will torment the soul more than your conscience. Conversely, nothing will burn your soul more than allowing injustice to be done to you because you have no teeth. Grow some teeth, and make sure you can use them, and that single act of deterrence will scare the dangers of this world away from you. 

11. You have to be awake to outsmart women. Women by nature are next level' more socially aware than men, so it takes a conscious effort for most men to see themselves through the eyes of women. You will probably spend your life permanently with one, so it is worth spending time (and resources) to know them.

12. Have a war mindset, because whether you like it or not, you are in a fight by default. Life is a battle. If some people are living their best life, it is either because they come from a good background, or country, or put in the work themselves. In any case, someone has gone to war with himself, and paid the price, for him or his family or country to live better.

107 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Brownshoe: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2022
Don't always trust or expect favour from people, they are all scumbag

5 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by YourLandMyLand: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
You may need crime to Excel in life but always know when to pull out

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by KennethIbe59(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
Boss abeg talk
pansophist:
Make I talk? grin
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by BobbieZion(m): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
-Trust God with all your heart.
-Keep your circle small.
-Your closest ally is the most likely to sell you (Keep an eye on him)
-Be wary of people who talk too much (They tell a lot of lies)
-Make money you can't spend, and more money.
-Never spend your energy on Women.
-When someone takes a cheap shot at you, do not be afraid to fire back.
-When you make a blunder in public, make it seem like it's nothing.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Offpoint1: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
- Not all plans will work out your way.

- Listen more and speak less... For when you speak, you only say things you know and when you listen you learn more than you know.

- Celebrate little winnings and give yourself a treat.

- Whatever tense situation you find yourself in, stay calm... There's a way out of every situation.

- Love is an illusion, state your terms.

- Car, house, wife, house is isn't an achievement, any idiot can own them... Find your true purpose.

- Don't underestimate the power of giving, it's the greatest universal secrets to inner peace.

- Don't be afraid to make mistakes, they help improved your risk assessment level.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2022
Below Is my own Contribution. Visit The Thread and your life will never remain the same..

https://www.nairaland.com/6445859/phase-2-charming-cunning-tactics#up

6 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Littlechild(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
Medianna:
Forgive,No matter the gravity of the offense.

1. Forgive people but let them go.
2. Don't forgive or accept a devil back into your life. Just walk away from them. I repeat, forgive but disconnect from them.

A devil is a devil. Even a snake, however he changes its skin, he remain a snake.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
jeromestarks:

Do not live to impress a girl. Pvssy is not all there's to life.
grin this can never be overemphasized

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Dioceseofoyo: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
Thank you for this!

As regards the No.10, what about the wealthy folks that take huge sums from banks to run their businesses?

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
qtguru:

You gotta stop chief. Trust me it has zero benefits

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(hillarious photo) When guys Finally Buy a Boxer After Long Complaint Frm Gf / Guys Only: Answer These Questions / Over 10,000 Women Protest Naked For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.