Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other (11849 Views)

IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol / Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others / Nobody Can Force Us Out Of South-West – Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by ifatimaidris45: 1:22am On Oct 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZtikJMBinY

The Catholic Archbishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah has urged Christians to make wise decisions in electing a new crop of political leaders in 2023.

Kukah made the comment in Yola at the 2022 Church Leaders Summit.

He also asked the Christian community not to worry about the choices made by political parties in fielding their presidential candidates as power rests with the electorates.

“We have to all make the right calculations and not be swayed by emotions,” he said.

“Because after all we’ve been through in Nigeria, we must avoid a mentality of ‘us versus them’.

“Nobody is going to force you as a Christian to vote one way or the other.

“And as I said, I’m moving away from this binary view of Christians and Muslims. That’s not who we are as Nigerians. That’s not what happens in the marketplace or across the country. There are no Christian roads, no Christian thieves or Muslim saints.

“For me, I don’t see how any Christian – I’m sorry to say – should be worried about the choice that a political party has made. Whatever decision any politician makes, they will live with the consequences.”

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by ovundaelijah200: 1:23am On Oct 30, 2022
My lordship, but you know that common sense is not common in Nigeria anymore. Politicians has dealt with some people's brain that they can make wise decision anymore

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by ayubakassa2022: 1:23am On Oct 30, 2022
By wise decision, he meant Tinubu but couldn't say it out because of the political party called CAN.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by aishatui6630: 1:24am On Oct 30, 2022
Every responsible Nigerian knows that Peter Obi is the best candidate among all only the money mongers will support Tinubu and Atiku because they are doing it for what they will get today

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by jibrinyahaya355: 1:25am On Oct 30, 2022
We get the gist. Emotion and unnecessary sentiment should be jettison to have the right candidate. Someone with visible track records.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Treasure17(m): 1:58am On Oct 30, 2022
aishatui6630:
Every responsible Nigerian knows that Peter Obi is the best candidate among all only the money mongers will support Tinubu and Atiku because they are doing it for what they will get today
Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you. We miss in 2023 and we doomed for another eight years.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by OgaTheTop2: 1:58am On Oct 30, 2022
ayubakassa2022:
By wise decision, he meant Tinubu but couldn't say it out because of the political party called CAN.
Who in his right senses would choose Tinubu as wise decision? A druggie, liar, thieve, desperado, arrogant. Hands dey shake, legs dey shake...that one na your own wise decision?

Ogbeni, the only wise decision, best decision, devine decision.... is Peter Obi.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by mcmurphy132(m): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2022
God bless Tinubu

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by LegendHero(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
I told people Bishop Kukah is supporting Tinubu some people think I’m kidding.

As vocal as the bishop have been until now, he should have been in the news criticizing Tinubu openly but the reverse is the case. He even invited him to his birthday and Asiwaju in his tight schedule visited.

Below is his statement.

We have to all make the right calculations and not be swayed by emotions because after all we’ve been through in Nigeria, we must avoid a mentality of ‘us versus them’. Nobody is going to force you as a Christian to vote one way or the other.

And as I said, I’m moving away from this binary view of Christians and Muslims. That’s not who we are as Nigerians. That’s not what happens in the marketplace or across the country. There are no Christian roads, no Christian thieves or Muslim saints

For me, I don’t see how any Christian – I’m sorry to say – should be worried about the choice that a political party has made

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by OgaTheTop2: 5:17am On Oct 31, 2022
Vote wisely, vote your conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by ipobarethieves: 5:17am On Oct 31, 2022
cool Nah so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by moscow007: 5:18am On Oct 31, 2022
Please don't listen to Urchins when they tell u President Peter Obi can't win, this election is different from any election you've ever seen in Nigerian.

BVAS is Thiefnibu and Atiku's biggest undoings
Urchin will try everything possible to down play what happened in Osun State, despite inducing voters with billions Thiefnibu's cousin still lost...a sitting Governor oo

Let's face the facts, in Nigeria second tenure is almost guaranteed for any sitting Governor...even Hope Uzodinma is hoping on second tenure in Imo State, now imagine a sitting Governor who is Thiefnibu's cousin...with all his "I made Buhari President" "I'm the Jagaban of Nigeria" he still couldn't deliver his cousin.

Thiefnibu lost in his home state and he will still loose in Lagos and every other state in Nigerian no matter d amount of billions he spends...mark my words!

Naija wake up, President Obi will return elected come 2023.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Moh247: 5:18am On Oct 31, 2022
cool

Shame on CAN

*Educated Eminence Bishop Kukah has spoken,

*Baba Adeboye has spoken

#Constitutional role of the Vice President is the Chairman National Economic Council, the Vice President oversees the Countries Economy

1: Obasanjo chose Atiku a Crooked Custum officer with zero knowledge of economics as Vice President heading National Economic Council

2: Yaradua picked A Zoologist Jonathan as his Vice President

3: Jonathan picked Sambo an Architect to head the National Economic Council and Vice Presidency

4: Buhari picked a Constitutional Lawyer to head the National Economic Council and Vice Presidency

For the first time in the history of Nigeria a Vice President Kashim Shetima was picked because he has a degree in Economics, and worked many years as an economics lecturer before joining banking industry, rising to become a director in Zenith bank

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Alwaysready(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2022
You can say that again sir.

Kindly check our link below to buy/sell today,thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Lumig: 5:23am On Oct 31, 2022
Brilliantly said Rev Kukah .
A word is enough for only the wise that can read between the lines cheesy > grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by TechW: 5:24am On Oct 31, 2022
“For me, I don’t see how any Christian – I’m sorry to say – should be worried about the choice that a political party has made. Whatever decision any politician makes, they will live with the consequences.”

The message is clear, As you make your bed, so shall you lay on it. when an individual thinks that his ambition is more important than the stability of the country, he will live with consequences of his choice and besides, even if he wins, with the present distrust in the society, every of his actions would be viewed with religeous sentiment and his health is his greatest weakness to follow up with every happenings in society, yeah, one would say, What are the ministers for? and the answer is Buhari also has ministers?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Latidoh1: 5:24am On Oct 31, 2022
Thank you Sir. The intimidation they are planning will fail before their very eyes.

6 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 31, 2022
Hmmn. Kukah is low key supporting Bourdillon. He should stop going through the corner

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Scammerr(m): 5:25am On Oct 31, 2022
Alright
Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 31, 2022
ayubakassa2022:
Lol. My problem is not really with the Muslim Muslim ticket. I really don’t care. I understand Tinubu made the choice because he knew he needed to pick a Northern Muslim for northerners to vote for him. It’s his choice and that’s valid.

But why are you guys attacking CAN and others that are against the same faith ticket when you know fully well that you and your brothers wouldn’t vote a Northerner who isn’t a Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket. Why?

Before the primaries, Muric said they wanted a “Muslim” from the Southwest, why didn’t you call them a political party?

This hypocrisy/selfishness is the reason Nigeria is where it is today. A leader is a reflection of the people. We’ve had bad leaders because the people are bad. Bad people like you who only support something when it favours them.

18 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by RaptObserver: 5:27am On Oct 31, 2022
Nigeria needs an active president not an absentee president like the current one.

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by JoeNL22(m): 5:28am On Oct 31, 2022
Peter Omoluabi Ahmed Obi is Cumin!

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Akinsete19(m): 5:29am On Oct 31, 2022
Yes, I am who I am and I know who to vote for.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by DadaHammed: 5:29am On Oct 31, 2022
LegendHero:

As vocal as the bishop have been until now, he should have been in the news criticizing Tinubu openly but the reverse is the case. He even invited him to his birthday and Asiwaju in his tight schedule visited.

Below is his statement.

Bwahahahaha! Bishop is cryptically telling Christians. 'You all know what to do at the polls, you don't expect me to tell you to vote, the political party who sidelined you should be made to live with the consequences, don't fret'.

You come say he dey support Thiefnubuu. Mugu. grin

You dull no be small, if you can't read between the lines. . grin

18 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:30am On Oct 31, 2022
Absolutely

No sane person take Obi and his inconsequential running mate serious

Not even the mad man at upper iweaka who happened to be his special adviser

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by mu2sa2: 5:35am On Oct 31, 2022
Peter Obi's integrity is "verified" indeed, having admitted the devastating disclosure in Pandora papers that he's keeping $500m he took from Nigeria in a secret offshore account for his wife and 2 children. Ole, barawo, onye oshi combined.

4 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Tochi3(m): 5:35am On Oct 31, 2022
We must fearlessly reject the MU- MU ticket from APCshit...Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Bobloco: 5:36am On Oct 31, 2022
shocked
Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by arewaboy01(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2022
ayubakassa2022:
you gerrit bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Bobloco: 5:39am On Oct 31, 2022

The Emilokan drug lord will live with the consequences of his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket

12 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Kinddetective: 5:39am On Oct 31, 2022
LegendHero:

Below is his statement.
What a stretch of your imagination! If he had said otherwise, you would have tagged him a political bishop and called him unprintable names. He has tried to be diplomatic and boom, he is supporting Tinubu. You should know the difference between being civil and supporting someone. Tinubu has been running from pillar to post looking for Christians validation since he went for a M/M ticket. A very corrupt man that thinks that money can fix everything. May God save Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2022
ovundaelijah200:
My lordship, but you know that common sense is not common in Nigeria anymore. Politicians has dealt with some people's brain that they can make wise decision anymore

Maybe in the south.

Northern Christians know what it's like to be killed left and right by Muslims.

They know the murderers will be further emboldened by having both President and VP being Muslims.

It will be almost impossible to see a single Christian in the North voting APC, or even PDP, for that matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun LP: Okupe Mishandled ₦‎20 Million Mobilisation Fees For Oyo Rally / Festus Keyamo Sues Atiku And Others / FG Launches Amnesty Programme For Ondo Militants (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.