Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? (347 Views)

Looking For Where To Buy Baby Doge Coin before it burns two zeros. Enter here. / Earning At Least N200,000 as Side Income Isn't that Bad. Learn How I Do it / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? by fortunez1(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Why isn't the CBN using the pattern India, Ghana and Egypt etc used to fight corruption and increase the value of there currencies?
Like #1000 notes turning to #100 and #100 becoming #10 and #10 then turns to #1 and #1 = 1kobo
Need experts to explain this but my view is that maybe it's because of our high debt rate $98b+ forgive if I'm wrong with my statistics.
Maybe the CBN govr most have thought of it then those whom we are indebted to refused .
That's my take sha , but will appreciate responses and contributions from everyone's point of view. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? by optimistcandyboy(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2022
we like to know too

Solar Inverter for homes/offices, see my siggy.

Re: Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? by fortunez1(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2022
optimistcandyboy:
we like to know too
yes bro because that would have crowned the anti-corruption fight against all those who have buried all our naira.
Re: Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? by optimistcandyboy(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2022
But I'm not sure physically changing the notes can stop laundring, it can help fish out the ones already laundered or the laundrer forfiets their loots by keeping it where they kept it.
fortunez1:
yes bro because that would have crowned the anti-corruption fight against all those who have buried all our naira.
Re: Why Isn't CBN Changing Zeros In Naira ? by Kobicove(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
fortunez1:
Why isn't the CBN using the pattern India, Ghana and Egypt etc used to fight corruption and increase the value of there currencies?
Like #1000 notes turning to #100 and #100 becoming #10 and #10 then turns to #1 and #1 = 1kobo
Need experts to explain this but my view is that maybe it's because of our high debt rate $98b+ forgive if I'm wrong with my statistics.
Maybe the CBN govr most have thought of it then those whom we are indebted to refused .
That's my take sha , but will appreciate responses and contributions from everyone's point of view. Thanks

What the CBN is doing is redesigning NOT re-denomination, they are two very different things!

The depreciation of the Naira has not reached Zimbabwean level to warrant a re-denomination of the currency undecided

(1) (Reply)

£1 = N942 Naira / Ayodeji Saba Emerges Nigeria’s Next Generation Banker’s Award Winner / High Interest Rates: UBA Charged 28.5% For Loans In Q3 As Customers Groan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.