Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Arise TV MD, Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arise TV MD, Resigns (4400 Views)

Photos From President Buhari Interview With Arise TV That Got Nigerians Talking / Buba Galadima Wears APC Shirt To Arise TV Interview (photo) / Peter Obi Replies El-rufai On Arise Tv Live Interview (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arise TV MD, Resigns by jimfarayola(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2022
Ijeoma Nwaogwugwu, the Managing Director of Arise TV, has resigned.

Nwaogwugwu, an influential journalist, it was gathered, resigned on Wednesday over some undisclosed issues.

Sources who confirmed her resignation on Thursday did not disclose the reason for her decision.

This is as attempts to speak with her were unsuccessful.

Nwaogwugwu edited all the titles of Thisday Newspapers. She was the Group Business Editor from where she rose to become the Saturday Editor, Sunday Editor and ultimately the Daily Editor.

In all, she was Editor for 11 years.

Ijeoma left Thisday as Daily Editor to become the Managing Director of Arise TV in 2018.

Arise TV and Thisday are owned by Nduka Obaigbena.

Under Ijeoma’s headship, Arise TV came into prominence.

Ijeoma, a graduate of Accounting from the University of Lagos, was listed as one of the Top 25 Most Powerful Women In Nigerian Media in 2020.

Source: witnessngr.com

4 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by RZArecta(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2022
Best wishes in all her future endeavours cool
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Bantu10: 10:51am On Nov 03, 2022
The kind of neck pressing Arise TV gave APC is currently being studied by urchins

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by BSdetective: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2022
Igbo propaganda media.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by iwaeda: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2022
jimfarayola:

Nwaogwugwu, an influential journalist, it was gathered, resigned on Wednesday over some undisclosed issues.

Sources who confirmed her resignation on Thursday did not disclose the reason for her decision.

Nwaogwugwu edited all the titles of Thisday Newspapers. She was the Group Business Editor from where she rose to become the Saturday Editor, Sunday Editor and ultimately the Daily Editor.

Ijeoma left Thisday as Daily Editor to become the Managing Director of Arise TV in 2018.

Ijeoma, a graduate of Accounting from the University of Lagos, was listed as one of the Top 25 Most Powerful Women In Nigerian Media in 2020.

We no where the pressure is coming from. Won ti luuu leeeeee gbiiiii grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nlfpmod grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by festacman(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
Time to be her own boss.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by taretoofine(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2022
BSdetective:
Igbo propaganda media.
abati is from where

open mouth waaaaaaaah

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by BSdetective: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2022
taretoofine:
abati is from where

open mouth waaaaaaaah

Abati can be from anywhere..... doesn't change the fact that arise and thisday are Igbo propaganda media funded with looted funds.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Racoon(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2022
Arise TV is the only TV station practicing true investigative journalism in Nigeria today.They will literally and really fry your ass. Waiting for the day Tinubu will be on air there with Rufai Oseni.

24 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by MonkeyMods(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2022
Tinubu will fail woefully

1 Like

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Penguin2: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2022
Maybe Lai Mohammed has threatened Nduka to sack her or they will withdraw Arise TV license.

I won’t be surprised if I Rufai has resigned too.

Time for Arise TV to become pro-Tinubu.

But they will still fail.

2 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Afamed: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2022
Bantu10:
The kind of neck pressing Arise TV gave APC is currently being studied by urchins

Na person wey s dey seek for attention, dey rush go meet camera. these days na Arise dey rush Apc for interview.

See the sleeping Arise Tv crew on duty

Gari no need advertisement na your Pandora fraud dey beg for introduction

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Octopusssy(f): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2022
Racoon:
Arise TV is the only TV station practicing true investigative journalism in Nigeria today.They will literally and really fry your ass. Waiting for the day Tinubu will be on air there with Rufai Oseni.
I doubt this will ever happen

1 Like

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by slivertongue: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2022
Hope not 2023 issues?
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Innocentman86: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2022
Left the same way lalasticlala was sacked.
Something fishy going on, embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Armaggedon: 11:41am On Nov 03, 2022
BSdetective:
Igbo propaganda media.
Arise and channels are the only two main television channels owned by career journalists. Others are owned by Government and polititians aka criminals in power

7 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by GamalNasser: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2022
The quest for Tinubus dollars has consumed this one ....TV stations will always prefer dollars to the the truth

1 Like

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Isokiscool(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2022
BSdetective:
Igbo propaganda media.
because the don't worship Tinubu like TVC and Channels abi?? continue

4 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Sonyboom: 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
Best wishes for a fool bigotry as ruined...lol

RZArecta:
Best wishes in all her future endeavours cool
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Sonyboom: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
No wonder they never askedthe Pandora kleptomaniac criminal about his loot in Gabrielle Pandora account or ask him any question about the N250 million cash he was caught looting monthly from Anambra coffers

Racoon:
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by GloriousGbola: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
Octopusssy:

I doubt this will ever happen

after that Rufais one way saga where all of LASG twitter came out to put Rufai on blast - if tinubu make mistake enter that studio - it will be hard talk to level 3 - the revenge of Mr Oseni grin
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by RZArecta(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
Sonyboom:
Best wishes for a fool bigotry as ruined...lol

get lost you this ídiot
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by FreeStuffsNG: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
jimfarayola:

Hmmm. Probably politics related. She has reached her peak and can move on to greater achievements. Brilliant Greatest Akokite, here is wishing you the best!
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by ibechris(m): 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Arise TV that made channels TV look like AIT.

The only string still holding that channels TV is Seun. The day he leaves,channels would be like DBN of those days.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by kayusely70(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
BSdetective:

Abati can be from anywhere..... doesn't change the fact that arise and thisday are Igbo propaganda media funded with looted funds.
Yes ooo! You're really on spot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Alwaysready(m): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Time for Mass resigning,defection and alignment.

I will not be surprised ,this could be all for PO

Check my signature.
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by buckeyemedia: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Racoon:
Jagaban has his own TVC Station, so why go and give free ratings to Arise TV, or make money for Nduka Obaigbena, when he can keep his expenditure in house, and still get as much publicity?
Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by buckeyemedia: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
Alwaysready:
Time for Mass resigning,defection and alignment.

I will not be surprised ,this could be all for PO

Check my signature.
No Obidient will check your signature, separate businesss from politics, if you are truly serious in making ends meet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by buckeyemedia: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
ibechris:
Arise TV that made channels TV look like AIT.

The only string still holding that channels TV is Seun. The day he leaves,channels would be like DBN of those days.
Ipobians and their one track mindset, because politics today is the only program on Channels Tv?

The main guy before Seun that left, that now works for CGTN did not shake channels, actually they became better.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Emergingnation3(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Ipobians and their one track mindset, because politics today is the only program on Channels Tv?
This AbOki that can't imagine his pathetic life without Ndigbo will always masturbates about IPOB with his uncircumcised genital...

2 Likes

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by ibechris(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
buckeyemedia:

The main guy before Seun that left, that now works for CGTN did not shake channels, actually they became better.

U are a tribalist.
I think I am one person that don't bring tribalism to the fore front of my discussion on nairaland except I am pushed to do so.

I was born in Lagos,grew up there,in fact my mum was born in Ibadan. Then I wonder how u feel relaxed to abuse people and still feel good. Is it that it runs in your blood or what?
Can't u stay a day without abusing people?

It is this kind of hate that has kept u jobless and redundant because, if u are busy and working like others,u won't abuse people and their tribe online.

U are here abusing people and their tribe...but if u meet me in person I am so sure u can't look me in the eye and say this.

May God help u to find your senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arise TV MD, Resigns by Alwaysready(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
buckeyemedia:
No Obidient will check your signature, separate businesss from politics, if you are truly serious in making ends meet.

I am an Obidient.

I am neutral and non- partisan in my comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Presidency: The Disrespect From Other African Countries Have Started / Meet The 8 Labour Party Senators Who Won With Obi Influence / Peter Obi Visits Charly Boy Over Prostate Cancer Battle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.