Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) (21884 Views)

Khadijah Iliya: Damagum Daughter's Wedding Fatiha (Pictures) / Wedding Fatiha Of Bashir El-Rufai And Halima Kazaure / Shekau Reads Boko Haram Ideology, Recites Nigeria’s National Pledge In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Tflex01: 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
jaxxy:
Totally unnecessary. what is the purpose?

Sense of belonging. Peaceful coexistence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by LegendHero(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
jaxxy:
Totally unnecessary. what is the purpose?

They prayed in Christian and islamic way at the event.

The muslims prayed with the Christian and vice versa. That is why Sano-Olu recited the Fathia with them.

What is unnecessary in that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by bhella10: 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:
This is what of the shows that is making Tinubu politically blind.. He believes that Yorubas are religioiously interwoven despite MURIC's madness in dividing Yorubas along religious lines..
Tinubu sees Nigeria politics as SW politics where religion plays little role in politics hence his Muslim Muslim ticket..

Apart from SW, No other region in Nigeria is not conscious of their religion as it stands today due to obvious reasons especially Christians ..

SS,SE,NE,NW and NC always lay much emphasis on their religion in all aspect.. The aformentioned regions place religion ahead of evething except SW that place culture ahead of other things ..

Let Tinubu continue seeing Nigeria politics with Yoruba eyes..

I hope he has a shock absorber that will help in Feb undecided

So much tears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by LegendHero(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
chigator2:

Please there is nothing like Igbo Muslim, keep your trash over there. We don't need your peculiar madness

Have you killed all the Ibo muslims?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Ayodeoba: 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
chigator2:

Please there is nothing like Igbo Muslim, keep your trash over there. We don't need your peculiar madness
that's why you killed that igbo imam?you re not different from boko haram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by ATLIEN2027: 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:
This is one of the shows that is making Tinubu politically blind.. He believes that Yorubas are religioiously interwoven despite MURIC's madness in dividing Yorubas along religious lines..
Tinubu sees Nigeria politics as SW politics where religion plays little role in politics hence his Muslim Muslim ticket..

Apart from SW, No other region in Nigeria is not conscious of their religion as it stands today due to obvious reasons especially Christians ..

SS,SE,NE,NW and NC always lay much emphasis on their religion in all aspect.. The aformentioned regions place religion ahead of evething except SW that place culture ahead of other things ..

Topical brainwashed religious fanatical ipob terrorist Zombidient monkey. STFU.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Chukazu: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
godwon01:
He is surrounded by Muslim and probably attended Muslim primary school in Lagos. In those days , if you attended such a school, in respective of your religion background, you expected to know those surat off head. Those surat don't go from your memory.

You don't need to attend Muslim school. they do that in public schools. I attended a public school in Lagos and saw it myself, the problem is using it to win election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Starboytwo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
trutharena:

No, it is only normal within people who have developed completely as human beings.

Not all those who still behave as sub-human by fighting their brothers over religion.
blood and flesh did not reveal this. I don’t count it as anything. Very very normal like pure water.

My dad = Christian
Mum= Muslim
Sister= devout Redeemer
Me= Chris-mus
Brother= mus-Chris
Uncles= traditional/Muslim/Christian

Wetin consine me if you be Muslim or Christian

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by ATLIEN2027: 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
We in Yoruba land have both Muslims in Christians in most families. It's easy to accommodate others of different religion when your cousins, brothers, sisters or uncle are of different religion.
I'm a Muslim but I grew up going to church with others such as friends and even members of my family. It never changed my mind about my religion.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by VEHINTOLAR: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
In the Yoruba land of South West,we are Yoruba first before being Muslims,Christians or even Nigerians ! This has always been a source of worry and confusion for all our adversaries,especially those BIG HEADS from alaigbo !

Iwa l'esin n'ile Odua;no religion is greater than good characters !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
trutharena:

No, it is only normal within people who have developed completely as human beings.

Not all those who still behave as sub-human by fighting their brothers over religion.

Spot on !!! Yorubas are evolved and sophisticated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by badoh(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:
This is one of the shows that is making Tinubu politically blind.. He believes that Yorubas are religioiously interwoven despite MURIC's madness in dividing Yorubas along religious lines..

Even if Tinubu picks Pastor Adeboye as running mate, you people will still not vote for him, so leave him with his politics calculation. We in the southwest(Christians and Muslims) are okay with his choice of shettima. Competence takes priority over religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Invest4growth: 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
Religion should not be a problem in the south west. My belief is that no south westerners can boast with full chest that all his immediate and extended families belong to one religion. It is impossible. My mother was married as a Moslem. My sister is married to a Moslem. The imam of the mosque opposite my house claimed his senior brother is a pastor in a popular pentecostal church and he led the prayer on the day of his ordination. Every year I look forward to big sallah holiday because of plenty rice and meat that fliws. South west zone should have no problem with religion. Religious bigots should stop creating tension among us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
chigator2:

Hope you know religious intolerance is another form of repellent bigotry.

You can glorify in your backwardness but we have to be more tolerant if society must evolve progressively.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Pray(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
Political Recitation.... Awon ode..............
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by BananaPeel(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZyXYT3lCs

Source: https://twitter.com/deeoneayekooto/status/1588090483485687808?s=46&t=SduE7c79Hb8chcSBiNVepw

In the 90s we recite it on the assembly ground with the Muslim students on Fridays,then on Wednesdays they pray with us on fellowship days. But later on it was stopped. To your tent oh Israel and every Moslem to their kettles on Friday.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Danisaint112(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good forbid bad thing. I thank God the Igbo land reject this religion of peace and is still rejecting them.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Arijude(m): 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
LegendHero:

Abia governor that do not take orders, what has he achieved for 8 years?

Even local government in Lagos perform better than a whole Abia state.

iragbiji nko? Where do you place it?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by irunoko(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
vastolord4:
I just know his doing a good job but still takes unnecessary orders. Ask ambode
he learnt a hard lesson from ambode.i feel he's a good leader but he's handcuffed and limited

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Svoboda(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
This will tell you how liberal and open minded Yoruba Christians are , but Yoruba Muslim think otherwise..

In fact, they even threatened not to vote for Yoruba Christian if they contest for presidency hence the humiliation they gave pastor Osibanjo who is a Yoruba Christian..

They will tell you that muric man is on his own , yet they will go secretly and be supporting him.. If MURIC is on his own like they made us to believe, do you think he would remain consistent all these years knowing fully well that nobody is supporting him ?... The answer is No...

Yoruba Christian please wake up!!!

It's only on nairaland i hear of the yoruba christian/yoruba Muslim binary.

In reality, it doesnt exist. The yoruba society is so interwoven that religion is basically not a faultline but a product of diversity.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by babzo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:
This is one of the shows that is making Tinubu politically blind..

SS,SE,NE,NW and NC always lay much emphasis on their religion in all aspect..

Hmmm. You are a real political analyst!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Ventura1: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
I still visit my cousins every year to celebrate sallah, that was how we were brought up. My blood brother is a traditionalist, while I'm a Christian.

Religious tolerance is a norm in SW, fanatic pentecostal christians and northern Muslims are the one creating the divide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by IgboSomalia: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
chigator2:

Confused people. Double loss

Look at this Nyamuri. I hope your parents do sign of the cross before drinking kerosene.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
badoh:

Even if Tinubu picks Pastor Adeboye as running mate, you people will still not vote for him, so leave him with his politics calculation. We in the southwest(Christians and Muslims) are okay with his choice of shettima. Competence takes priority over religion.

Indeed. The other thing is that Tinubu has set a good precedence for Nigeria going forward. We can all remember prejudice in the past that led America's to segregate blacks and refuse them the power to vote.

Positive development in my opinion but I am Yoruba and so was never raised to be radical or intolerant over religion.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Sedonxavi: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:

I hope he has a shock absorber that will help in Feb undecided Listen to this idiot that think everything in his life revolve on religion. The western are not committed to religion the way the black brain African does and are still the best in human race

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by donforeign: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
vastolord4:
I just know his doing a good job but still takes unnecessary orders. Ask ambode
he's not doing any job
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by karnafiu03(m): 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ezeama400:

You are a fool!!.... In a sane manner, religions should be practiced the SW practices it. You clowns will claim religious but do worse things.
Every other candidates should see religion same way Tinubu sees it cos what we want is a better Nigeria and not a religious Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Ayomide002: 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
It is compulsory to learn it and recite it during prayers on the assembly every Friday if you attend public schools in Lagos and other Yoruba states.
That was how many of us learnt it; from school.

There is no religious division; we recite it together on Fridays while Mondays to Thursdays are for praying in Christian way.

These values help you to take your all-round education serious, be tolerant, have the fear of God/Allah and remain humble; ethos of Omoluabi.

That is why the Yoruba hardly send their wards to other regions to get education; from primary school to secondary to even tertiary education,we have the best educational system others can learn from. Education is serious business and competition in Yorubaland o so don't toy with your education here or you and your family will get mocked.
check my signature for free stuffs!
I was a good assembly boy back then in my basic and high schools days, we never recited any Quranic prayers. Also, I went to a public school throughout.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video) by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ayomide002:

I was a good assembly boy back then in my basic and high schools days, we never recited any Quranic prayers. Also, I went to a public school throughout.

If true, that will be a very rare exception .What school and probably what year will help me confirm. It was a govt policy and probably still compulsory till date. In my public school, we had school 2 & school 3 and our assemblies were stone throws from one another so it is an open policy. Not only do we say the prayers loudly in the morning assembly, our brothers and sisters take some break for prayers on Fridays too and all public schools observe it probably except your own school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo APC Governorship Primary: Voting Begins / Defections: The Drama, The Facts / Osun Government Begins Food Distribution To Vulnerable And Elderly Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.