Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) (27109 Views)

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Toks2008(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shadysen:
stay off igbo soup, i repeat, stay off igbo soup! They will use all the ingredients in this world, still, that soup will have no taste, i am talking with a lot of experiences and as a traveller, they can only good in making stew.

Yadayadayada.

Igbo soups are tasty... Infact it is that stew that they are not good at.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Alexiiydon: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Nigeria is blessed with lots of delicacies, this soup is one of them.
This video is an easy to follow steps on how to cook Ofe Owerri, it's sumptuous and so delicious.

Ingredients:

Beef
Shaki (Tripe)
Snails
Stock Fish
Dry Fish
Kpomo
Crayfish
Ede (Cocoyam)
Okazi Leaves
Ugu (Pumpkin Leaves)
Palm Oil
Yellow Scent Pepper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfZZQS0T71s

STEPS:

I cook the cocoyam till tender.
Season the beef, shaki, snails, kpomo, stock fish with seasoning cubes and salt and cover to cook.
Add water after 10 minutes and allow to cook till tender.
Check and pound the cocoyam if its soft already.
If the chewables are tender enough, add palm oil, pepper and crayfish.
Cook till the cocoyam dissolves.
Check your seasoning and salt and adjust if need be.
Add in washed dry fish.
Add in Okazi leaves.
Add in Ugu leaves.
Cook for 5 minutes considering Okazi is a tough vegetable.
Serve and enjoy your soup with eba, pounded yam, akpu, semo, etc.
All details in the video.
so all this food you cook and put online without giving us share I hope you know God is not happy with it
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shadysen:
stay off igbo soup, i repeat, stay off igbo soup! They will use all the ingredients in this world, still, that soup will have no taste, i am talking with a lot of experiences and as a traveller, they can only good in making stew.

Then you know not what you are saying. Igbos are better in making soup. They flop in stew, especially with the addition of tin tomato unnecessarily. Mr Traveller, brush your tongue well and use a little Listerine.

Probz:

Everyone’s entitled an opinion. You don’t like it, I’m afraid that’s not my problem.

How would it be offensive when I wasn’t talking about the original poster’s take on Ofe Owerri (which I even said was commendable) but the soup in-general and the confusion in vegetable-nomenclature pertaining to it?

The hype about Ofe Owerri isn’t entirely about its taste. Anyone that says it is just about the taste doesn’t know history. The hype is about the ingredients used and the fact that it is meant to be eaten ONCE. Ofe Owerri wasn’t originally meant to be refrigerated. Just sink all your money into a pot of soup and eat it on the spot! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Paracetamol01: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2022
Look like something that will cause dysentery
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by brain54(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2022
doggedfighter:
Looks like it's same with our onugbu and ora soups . The difference is just in the vegetables used.

Have heard so much about this soup . Was thinking the process will be hard and tedious.

Now I know it's something I can make.

Yummy !

I ate it one time I went to anambra state.

The soup makes a whole lot of sense!

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by skukimania(f): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Zonefree here we come, lunch is served.

Mariahangel, Ofe Owerri on today's menu.

I hope you like it.

Pls, is okazi the same as Uziza?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Franking: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
If u don't have money u won't eat ofe owerri. Ask Dr Sir Warrior.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Shadysen: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Yadayadayada.

guy, have you tasted akwa ibom woman soup before?
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Shadysen: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Yadayadayada.

guy, have you tasted akwa ibom woman soup before? Those guys are too good in cooking.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Toks2008(m): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shadysen:
guy, have you tasted akwa ibom woman soup before?

The good thing is that i make akwa ibom soups so well.

Afang
Okazi
Edikankong

Akwa Ibom has the best delicacies in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Bluntemperor: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Zonefree here we come, lunch is served.
Mariahangel, Ofe Owerri on today's menu.
I hope you like it.

Very lovely.
This epitomises the rich Nigerian food recipes that no other Countries can get!
But have you seen and taste - Gbegiri and Ewedu- with Orisirisi? That was when Martin Street and Marina,in Lagos were in their originality,early 80's,90's but cannot say of now! Sweet and delicious
You take Gbegiri everyday,you just have a fat to your bones!

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Afang
Okazi
Edikankong

Okazi is an Igbo soup. Don’t give our soup to Ibibio/Efik people mbok.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Idaytesj29(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Nigeria is blessed with lots of delicacies, this soup is one of them.
This video is an easy to follow steps on how to cook Ofe Owerri, it's sumptuous and so delicious.

Ingredients:

Beef
Shaki (Tripe)
Snails
Stock Fish
Dry Fish
Kpomo
Crayfish
Ede (Cocoyam)
Okazi Leaves
Ugu (Pumpkin Leaves)
Palm Oil
Yellow Scent Pepper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfZZQS0T71s

STEPS:

I cook the cocoyam till tender.
Season the beef, shaki, snails, kpomo, stock fish with seasoning cubes and salt and cover to cook.
Add water after 10 minutes and allow to cook till tender.
Check and pound the cocoyam if its soft already.
If the chewables are tender enough, add palm oil, pepper and crayfish.
Cook till the cocoyam dissolves.
Check your seasoning and salt and adjust if need be.
Add in washed dry fish.
Add in Okazi leaves.
Add in Ugu leaves.
Cook for 5 minutes considering Okazi is a tough vegetable.
Serve and enjoy your soup with eba, pounded yam, akpu, semo, etc.
All details in the video.

Looks like babies early morning shits tue! This is not ofe Owerri, it ofe igbe ikoko
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Ravenna: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
Sweet mama

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Shadysen: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Afang
Okazi
Edikankong

who teach you?
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Heterodox(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2022
What in God's name is this
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by sircatherine45(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2022
Zonefree:
The mother of all soups is here.

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

Nice one Glory. This soup don dey make me go marry cry

Onye na ejighi ego, ejila erila Ofe Owerri.

Mariahangel, oya bring fufu come abeg.

So you dey speak owerri like this?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
sircatherine45:

So you dey speak owerri like this?
I be Owerri man na

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Haydens: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
mariahAngel:
Nne, sharp sharp? cheesy
I admire your energy and consistency.
Well done.
I know. Onye usa. tongue
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Afang
Okazi
Edikankong

Okazi is Igbo soup. There's a community in Owerri that celebrates Okazi day. Emii community.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by SaturnNick(m): 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2022
Good one � gloryhomemaker
But that yellow pepper dey very harsh ooo embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by sircatherine45(m): 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Zonefree:
I be Owerri man na
Wow. My respect for you don increase x10.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Beremx(f): 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Zonefree:

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

potential wife indeed. Na your fellow man go cook ofe owerri for you. Nonsense
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
sircatherine45:

Wow. My respect for you don increase x10.
grin
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Beremx:
potential wife indeed. Na your fellow man go cook ofe owerri for you. Nonsense
grin cheesy

No, my wife will cook it for me and there's nothing you or anyone will do about it. grin
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by sylve11: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
Zonefree:

As a man, you have to be careful with that okra soup. cool
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
sylve11:

As a man, you have to be careful with that okra soup. cool
I got no jazz on my body, so, there's nothing to be careful about.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by sonety2k(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2022
Following
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Octopusssy(f): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2022
ogologoamu:
I don remember Amaka my Owerri beautiful girl friend of those days.

Chiamaka, ogologoAmu won't forget you. grin
What does this mean?
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by okoroemeka(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You are correct, same process but different vegetables and no Ogiri igbo added.

The soup na senior man, it has a song dedicated to it sef.
what then is used as the local seasoning?dawadawa?ogiri okpehi?because no Igbo soup is complete without a local seasoning before kitchen glory,Maggi and co

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Toks2008(m): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shadysen:
who teach you?

Remember I wrote that I have a masterchef at home.

She is a magician in the kitchen.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Toks2008(m): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
doggedfighter:
Looks like it's same with our onugbu and ora soups . The difference is just in the vegetables used.

Have heard so much about this soup . Was thinking the process will be hard and tedious.

Now I know it's something I can make.

Yummy !

Very easy to make and very tasty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Complete Preparation Of A Mouth-Watering Monitor Lizard (Photos) / How To Make Dough Braids For Breakfast (pictures & video) / Make Ofada Sauce In 5 Minutes|how To Make Ofada Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.