Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden (72291 Views)

I Turned Bush Clearing Into SNAIL HUNTING / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by xiitu(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:

Ilorin
Kwara State

can I visit please?
to have a fresh view
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by XMZolanski: 10:48am On Nov 11, 2022
Na Eve remain
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by oyinda1599(f): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2022
YeyeGbami:

The best thing is to go and learn the business if na 6months , that way if you employ person sef he/she can’t tell you cock and bull story cos you sef sabi the biz
You very right.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Streetmovement(m): 10:52am On Nov 11, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Looks yummy
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by budaatum: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2022
opera1:

My thoughts initially until I got to Edo state where they are planting paw-paw in large quantities for commercial purpose.

A truck / cabster is sold at 350k to 400k.

That's what we don't do, plant in quantity. And that's because we lack knowledge, instead preferring to farm like our great great great grandparents farmed.

I have a friend who worked mango farms in Australia. Their trees are 3 years old and less than 2m tall, but the amount of fruit they produce is mind boggling.

I tell you, what ytdivine is producing on his farm can not be produced by some on 100 acres.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by madridguy(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2022
Impressive.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Chris2863(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
My little girl planted and harvested this yam
pretty and hardworking too. See how she is smiling. Op, that your land abi compound is blessed! Omooo, see as orange full everywhere. If garden of Eden was this fertile, Adam wouldn’t have left it ooo no matter wetin God won do grin
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2022
Beautiful
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Godmind2022(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2022
I really envy you, I have three trees of coconut in my house:I pray they all fruits like yours. Cheers!

ytdivine:
The biggest asset one can get is land. Nigeria is blessed with this but unfortunately this potential is under utilized. I converted every space within my compound to garden with variety of vegetables, fruits, crops and tubers.

I can't remember when last I buy oranges, pears, banana, plantain, sour sops, pawpaw, ugu, oha etc from market as I have all this within my home some in commercial quantity.

This thread is to encourage everyone to go back to agriculture in small available space within your disposal.
I will be posting pictures to support my claims.
Please share your opinion on this
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2022
stormborn28:

You remind of "born2fuck and born2breed.
.whatabiut born2winmorepussys born2winxxx
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Unityp: 11:24am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
This is pawpaw
Pls can you guild me on the best way to cultivate pawpaw?I have been trying to plant it in my compound but it refused to germinate.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Lovelydaisies: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2022
Nigerian Songhai Farms! cheesy

I hope to do something like this when I get my own piece of land. At least, food crops like yams, potatoes, tomatoes, pepper and fruit trees.

I have a special respect for farmers; they listen to the earth, treat it (one of the most difficult things to treat for me, apart from babies, mental patients, and animals), till it and give her what she wants and mother earth gives them all she's got.

Nice one, OP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by kelmicheal: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2022
You are a real farmer you really tried make sure to fumigate your environment against Reptiles
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by RichAbujaGuy: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2022
@ytdivine ... You are truly divinity here on earth. They say the angels walk amongst us and I think that you are one.
Kudos, thanks for sharing the productive pics, and continued blessings to you and your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Advocate500: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2022
budaatum:

Can you see the op is producing food and income instead of sitting on his lazy ass blaming leaders?

Those too busy wailing at buhari do not sow.
joker, only those engaged in subsistence farming are regarded as hard working in zombie and buhari dictionary.buhari love agriculture so much so he rely on imported goods to meet his household needs? I am yet to see you or buhari encourage those with resources to go into farming.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by kelmicheal: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2022
kelmicheal:
You are a real farmer you really tried make sure to fumigate your environment against Reptiles no let serpents form habitat for your garden of Eden
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by nesphil(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2022
This is good bro, keep it up!
I and my immediate younger brother started planting economic trees when we were still small.

I planted local Apples, Avocados, Mangoes, Coconuts, Palm Raffia, Bush Mango, Plantains, and Bananas.
My brother planted Africa Pea, Palm Raffia, Mango, Guavas, Plantains, and Bananas.

And almost all these plants are still yielding to this day, if not for the fact that some of these trees were cut down, and buildings erected on those portions of land.

ytdivine:
The biggest asset one can get is land. Nigeria is blessed with this but unfortunately this potential is under utilized. I converted every space within my compound to garden with variety of vegetables, fruits, crops and tubers.

I can't remember when last I buy oranges, pears, banana, plantain, sour sops, pawpaw, ugu, oha etc from market as I have all this within my home some in commercial quantity.

This thread is to encourage everyone to go back to agriculture in small available space within your disposal.
I will be posting pictures to support my claims.
Please share your opinion on this

2 Likes

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by pat077: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
Harvested plantain
how many plots is the land?
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by tafabaloo(m): 11:48am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
That piece of land you own, tell me why it should be lying idle?

Please make something out of it

This is stark encouragement !
Thanks and God bless you OP for opening our eyes to this gold mine called agriculture.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2022
THERE'S JOY IN FARMING !

1 Like

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by zed7: 11:57am On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
Beautiful job, you're teaching her how to grow into a hardworking lady. She wouldn't go about begging for 2k from men.

1 Like

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by DessyCompton12: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
Born2conquer:

I sincerely have over 300 acres spread about various locations. I've not done anything on any of them
I can help you plan cultivation on it, I’m An Agriculture Economist.., I would be glad to work with you

1 Like

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by God2man2again(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nigeria is blessed. We have the capacity in this country to be the envy of the earth but we are yet to see it, not to even talk of utilizing the enormous land God has bestowed on us.
I have posted an idea like this before but the only difference here is that this seems to look like subsistence farming which is not so because you sell these agricultural products.
Now , imagine one Governor of a state in Nigeria with vast resources of hectares of land to begin mechanized farming with industrial capacity of the highest standard, the state would have turned to heaven on earth.

We don't need to import any agricultural products. Everything is here. Cow, rice, pig, beans, fruits, vegetables and so on. Just name them.
They are plenty inside the land of Nigerian but hidden, only a good leader can see it.

Raw materials for manufacturing industries are here.

By divine and God's program, Nigeria is supposed to be the richest country on Earth.

Forget about attack from fulani herdsmen, forget about kidnapping, forget about armed robbery.

When we get to where God has designed us to be, all this malaise will stop.

Come to think of it, what caused the kidnapping, ritualism and all other bad menace in Nigeria, it is poverty.
Poverty of ideas, poverty of good leader, poverty of money and poverty of good people to stop the bad people.

We don't need to travel to any county.
We don't need to japa.

Everything dey for Nigeria.

I see a new Nigeria.

Amen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by DLivingAncestor: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2022
Enjoying the fruit of your hands
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
How do you cope with pigpen in your place of residence? I am so interested in this cause the stench of pigpen my bane, and I would love to owe one.
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Freshgrace4life(f): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2022
You're doing well sir ..
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by ghettochild(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
Catch em young...
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by ghettochild(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:
Pawpaw trees
This species is tall ooo
Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by SeriouslySense(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2022
You have such a wonderful home garden, because its very productive, you dont need to spend so much on food, just imagine if more people begin to grow their food, food prizes will also come down.

I just imagine if you double triple your land and maybe even grow more varieties like rice, it means you can create a shop and you also dont need to buy any food. Because you can also get better and even go advanced.

1 Like

Re: I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden by Munzy14(m): 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
ytdivine:

4 plots of 100ft by 50ft
That's massive..Kudos! I am inspired to do this from next year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Agricultural farmLand For Sale In Ogun State / Diary Of My Grasscutter Colony / Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.