Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 PM

I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo (267 Views)

Osinbajo Says, “i'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”, / BOOM: FG Can Seize Assets From Any Nigerian – Osinbajo / PMB At ICC: Proud To Be Nigerian By Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
Today is one of those days when I am extra proud to be a Nigerian,” Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has said, commending the feat attained by Bowen University in the deployment of the first and currently the only equatorial low-latitude SuperDARN – a network of High Frequency radars in the world.

He called the atmospheric observatory situated in Iwo, Osun State, an “amazing achievement,” which will impact many aspects of life and commerce in Nigeria and beyond.

Prof. Osinbajo disclosed this Friday at the university in Iwo, while commissioning the Virginia Tech.- Nigerian Bowen Equatorial Aeronomy Radar (VT-NigerBEAR) - the 36th Super Dual Auroral Radar Network (SuperDARN) in the world, but first in the low-latitude part of the globe.

The SuperDarn is a network of High Frequency (HF) radars (atmospheric observatory) that look into Earth's upper atmosphere. The radars operate round the clock and they observe the motion of charged particles (plasma) in the ionosphere and other effects that provide scientists with information on Earth's space environment. Their work provides insights into space weather hazards, among others.

VT-NigerBEAR was developed by a team of scientists led from Bowen University and the Virginia Tech University, USA.

According to the VP, “… congratulations to this great citadel of learning and research -the Bowen University for this amazing achievement and for making us all so proud.

“We are all extremely proud of Bowen University and the team that has worked on this project, placing Nigeria on the SuperDARN global map and in the network of nations that play host to the international scientific radar network.”

Speaking on the significance of the deployment of the technology, the Vice President said “…it is the first and currently the only deployment of an equatorial-low-latitude SuperDARN anywhere in the world. This is a major leap forward in finding solutions to degradations of HF and GPS signals and will directly impact so many aspects of life and commerce.”

“The extensive experience of the SuperDARN creates opportunities for Nigeria to leverage existing expertise, information, and data as she joins a global network with experience spanning decades,” the VP added.

The Vice President also noted that the project “can radically transform communications-infrastructure, space research, equipment design, geo-mapping, forecasting and prediction of atmospheric, climatic and oceanic conditions within Nigeria and the near low latitudes.”

Most significantly, Prof. Osinbajo said the project “could be useful for offshore oil exploration activities. It could also support the activities of the Navy by measuring ocean wave heights, surface currents, and surface wind directions over vast, remote areas on our waterways.”

For government agencies, the VP said “the data obtained from the VT-NigerBEAR will be useful in the design of resilient equipment for Nigeria’s communications industry, and for the work of Government agencies such as the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) and Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).

“The data will also be useful for forecasting and prediction purposes for equipment manufacturers, because Nigeria’s growth in technology will also leave us vulnerable to space weather effects.”

The Vice President urged stakeholders in the public and private sectors to “take advantage of the data collected by SuperDARN worldwide, utilizing the data obtained and in collaboration with the network to contribute to the understanding of space weather and its impact on operations such as radio and satellite communications, oil pipelines and power grids.”

He noted that “the success of this project will serve as a template for other high-level research and scientific collaborations between Nigerian and international partner institutions by connecting results to industry and converting data to useful information for commercial and social good projects.”

Earlier, Osun State Governor, Isiaka Oyetola and top officials of Bowen University had welcomed the VP on arrival at the higher institution in Iwo from where the Vice President first proceeded to the palace of the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, Telu I, for a courtesy call.

He later commissioned the project at Bowen University accompanied by the State Governor; the Visitor to the University who is also President of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, Rev Dr Israel Akanji, and the institution’s Vice Chancellor, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, among others.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
4th November 2022

Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
I'm also proud and prouder to be a Nigerian
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by SmartPolician: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
Why won't you be?

We have a country with very weak institutions where politicians without morals come in, empty the treasury and get away with it.

As the Vice President of that country that couldn't strengthen the weak institutions even though you are a Senior Advocate of the country, you should be proud.

Despite losing out on the presidential race, you must have looted enough money that will serve your unborn generation.

1 Like

Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
Why won't you be, you dey chop 2m+ per day.

Even Nnamdi Kanu and Tinubu will be proud to be if they were in your shoes

Atiku is coming
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by Urheadmaster(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
Who wouldn't be proud of a country where is from.

Aside that APC has ruined the country
and makes it unliveable tongue undecided
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by BossGerald: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
There's no politician that has had their filthy hands on our national cake who isn't proud to be a Nigerian...they can easily afford and travel wherever they like while their agbado online urchins can't even feed without their owo mida proceeds.

Until you travel interstate and get kidnapped or your relation maimed or raped at the farm by the fulani herdsmen...come back and tell us another story.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by INDOMIE9090(f): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
Thinkam:

[/b]Atiku is coming[b]
cummin back to adamawa
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by youngscholar(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2022
Okay sir
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by okefranci: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2022
The data obtained from the VT-NigerBEAR will be useful in the design of resilient equipment for Nigeria’s communications industry, and for the work of Government agencies such as the National Space Research and Development Agency.
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by Arda1000(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
abeg remove NK he isn’t after money
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by BiafraAburi: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Why won't you be proud and extra proud, when you have stolen the zoo blind?
Re: I'm Extra Proud To Be A Nigerian”,- Osinbajo by Zeemam: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
Omo oko

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Is The Answer / 2023: Fire Destroys 65,000 Uncollected PVC At INEC Office Ogun State / 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.