Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira (39508 Views)

Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime / Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by phoneport(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2022
Pastor Enoch Adeboye has reacted to plan by the Central Bank of Nigeria to redesign the N200, N500, and N1,000 notes in spite of devaluing value of the currency and rising inflation in the country.

Adeboye who is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), one of the largest Christian group in the country spoke at the end monthly Holy Ghost Congress of the Church.
While declaring his support for the CBN action, President Muhammadu Buhari said the redesign of the naira notes will help in reduction of inflation, currency counterfeiting and reduce the excess cash in circulation in the country.

However, speaking during RCCG’s Holy Service on Friday, Adeboye lamented that while the value of naira is on rapid fall, with many unable to afford the essentials of life, the government of thinking of ‘beautifying it’

He said, “You know what’s going on in our country. It doesn’t even make sense anymore. Our naira now is not even worth the paper it is printed on.

“And while people are hungry, trying to find enough money to buy bread to eat, our bosses are thinking of making the naira more beautiful, even if it can’t buy bread, at least, it will look beautiful. Oh Lord, have mercy,” he said.

He, however advised Nigerians to learn to take the problems besetting the country in their strides so as not to develop hypertension: “We have problems in the land now. Things seem to be getting funnier and funnier. If you don’t learn to laugh in Nigeria now, you will develop hypertension.

On 2023, Adeboye said God has not told him yet whether there will be an election in Nigeria as scheduled.

“Do you know that up till now, and this is November, up till now, Daddy (God) hasn’t told me yet that there is going to be an election next year?

“We continue of course as if there is going to be. I am saying that Adeboye, I am not talking of other people, God has not told me yet. The yet must be in capital (letters). He may tell me tomorrow; I don’t know but as of this moment, he hasn’t told whether or not there will be an election next year,” he said.

“I am not trying to frighten you. I am not a prophet, I am just a pastor,” he added.

But he said he will pray for any politician who comes to him for prayers as his duty is to pray, but only God answers.

Pastor Adeboye also announced a fast and prayer programme for Nigeria that will hold between November 26 and December 2, 2022.

“We will praise God for His patience over us and over our nation. Then, we will confess our sins, the sins of all of us who are called Christians…And then prayer point number three, we will ask Him (God) for mercy,” Adeboye said
Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/11/05/pastor-adeboye-tackles-fg-over-plan-to-redesign-naira/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Timigeo: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
If they don't speak out, they will Ne criticized, and if they do na problem.

What do people want?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by asuraking: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
God please let election hold and let peter obi win.Amen

251 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by WibusJaga: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022

Daddy G.O should Pls leave that matter for Economic Eggheads to debate on.

“Do you know that up till now, and this is November, up till now, Daddy (God) hasn’t told me yet that there is going to be an election next year?
shocked

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by seunaj: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Have you seen what has happened to naira since the announcement?
Naira in free fall from 740 to about 900. The best emefiele could do was to use EFCC to harass the BDc's. Even if it's not ill meaninged, the timing can make it all wrong. Plus you cannot just trust this evil government to do such a thing as this 4 months to the general elections outside political reasons.
Emefielenomics and Buharinomics is the worse combination Nigeria could ever have. Two dummbass!

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by FalseProphet1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
I have no prophecy concerning this matter. Thanks for your understanding.

This I have seen.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Brendaniel: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by premierlead: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
“Do you know that up till now, and this is November, up till now, Daddy (God) hasn’t told me yet that there is going to be an election next year? - Adeboye

Who is his daddy here when his apparatuses are all in the present government? One of his pastors is deputising this lifeless guy now in power. Adeboye benefited and is still benefitting in Buhari's administration no doubt about that. The body peeing old guy's wife, Remi Tinubu is a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria she is a pastor in the church which he (Adeboye) is presiding over

This man, Adeboye in connivance with thiefnu.bu also lent hand in bringing in this dictator that is happening to Nigeria today

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Pwettylinda(f): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thiefnubuu should be taken to the high sea and thrown in for sharks to feed on.

No pitty for looter undecided

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by MonkeyMods(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
This man should please concentrate on his tithes and seed money

He helped Tinubu bring calamity to Nigeria and now...

He's pretending to be touched by the woes Nigerians are suffering

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by jojothaiv(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pa Adeboye is no economist but a mathematician and seasoned man of God, I believe his mathematical skills could help with the numbers and reasons why the redesign of the Naira notes is not needed at this time...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by BossGerald: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Tinubu brought this present Apc disastrous government...

The agbado regional candidate even plans to continue from where buhari stops, he has no idea of his own.

Affliction must never be allowed to rise a second time dear Nigerians.

Vote wisely

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by ogologoamu: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin

It is a welcome development because of Thifnubu and his agbado thugs.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
As I watched the service last night, I just knew front page won't miss this part!

Waiting for you dumb hungry bloggers to lie and twist the great man's words for views and likes!

Anyone still supporting this government and ruling party is dumber than sheep!

A Dollar is on a sure course to hitting #1000 before the year ends! Prices of goods are jumping to keep pace... Yet, it's okay to campaign for those who helped create these problems!

Many of una go suffer for this life and the one beyond! Just continue!!!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Raymond0008(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Shey baba really know why they are redesigning the naira?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Cmanforall: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Let him share the ones he has grin

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by MrMcJay(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Both sides for and against the redesign of the Naira actually have compelling arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by RZArecta(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
The wild dogs who couldn't say anything when Gumi complained about the redesign strictly on how it would affect bandits will surely find their voice now that it's pastor Adeboye. The only way to show love and patriotism in Nigeria today is to attack Igbos and pastors instead of solving real problems. Anyways, this November is a critical period for the world especially the next two weeks cool

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by karnafiu03(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lol.....Baba don think of how to change billion of naira cash they av collected as offering.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by BABANGBALI: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Baba don keep raw cash for house

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by utenwuson: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
Funny man....
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Coolbreeze1988(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
Maybe after the "Beautification" the Naira will have value. Redesigning something that doesn't have value with lots of Billions

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by MICearn: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
Timigeo:
If they don't speak out, they will Ne criticized, and if they do na problem.

What do people want?

Nothing, they don't want anything! They just hate people who God has lifted. For others, they just hate their lives so they push that on everyone else

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Komolafe89: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Educated illiterate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by MrBroke(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pastor nigga mind your business or you gat cash stashed too??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Eriokanmi: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
That has really affected naira value now. A dollar is now 850 naira but the APC met it at 250 naira and protested. I wonder what they'd convince people with next year to vote them.again.

Wait oooo!

Where's the 3m jobs yearly which tinubu said buhari-led administration would provide in 2015?

Where's the improved electricity?

Where's the improved economy?

Where's the improved security?

Where's the improved governance and curb in corruption?

Tinubu is at it again with his fake manifesto

If you fall for it. Ę ti gbe! Urgent 2k no dey pay again cos people wey dey give don lose their jobs due to the apc bad econimic policy, l'obatan. Ordinary Benin Republic cefa has overtaken naira in value.

So, think deep before you cast that vote.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Pells: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
It will spoil your plans of the old offering notes stored in your house abi undecided lipsrsealed embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? / Rain Destroys Canopies Of Ekiti APC Primaries Election (Photos) / Federal Government Special Works Programme Has Started Payment Of ₦20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.