Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby (29399 Views)

Christmas Package A Mother-In-Law Gifted To Her Daughter-In-Law (Photos) / 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by alphonsojaybaz: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Surogate : Grandmother, 56, gives birth to her son and daughter-in-law’s baby

A grandmother from Utah was a gestational carrier for her son and daughter-in-law and she gave birth to her granddaughter named Hannah.

Hannah’s mom, Cambria Hauck, told TODAY Parents back in September that she could not carry another pregnancy after previously delivering two sets of twins.

After Cambria’s last delivery, she developed placenta increta (when the placenta remains in the uterus) and had an emergency hysterectomy.

Cambria and Jeff had planned to use their stored embryos from past fertility treatments for another baby, but as Cambria didn’t want to risk her life.

That’s when her husband, Jeff’s 56-year-old mother Nancy Hauck stepped in.

Nancy, a mother-of-five, told TODAY Parents: “I could just feel this calling to offer to carry for them.

Grandmother, 56, gives birth to her son and daughter-in-law

“I knew I was too old. I knew it wasn’t going to be possible, even though that’s exactly what’s happened. I just felt I needed to tell them I would be willing to do it.”

In October 2021, Nancy made a generous proposal to her son and daughter-in-law.

“When Nancy came to us, I know most people would probably be like, ‘Oh my gosh, that’s crazy,’ but it didn’t feel like that,” Cambria told TODAY Parents.

“There was just so much peace around the whole conversation and around the whole experience.”

After medical evaluations, doctors determined Nancy was a “good candidate” despite her age.

She became pregnant after an embryo transfer and delivered Hannah on Nov. 2, 2022.

“She is here and my heart could explode,” Hannah’s mom, Cambria Hauck, wrote on Instagram Friday, Nov. 4, sharing a video of her mother-in-law Nancy Hauck giving birth while surrounded by family. “She is perfect in every way.”

Grandmother, 56, gives birth to her son and daughter-in-law

Nancy told People that she was in labor for nine hours.

When Hannah arrived, she weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.

“Everything went perfectly and we are feeling so blessed to have her in our family,” she said, adding that she is “facing new emotions of having a baby, but not bringing the baby home with me afterwards.”

Cambria called Hannah’s birthday “sacred” because she arrived during Día de los Muertos (aka, Day of the Dead), a holiday widely celebrated in Mexico by people as a way to celebrate their deceased family members.

“And her ancestors on both sides had a HUGE part in getting her here,” Cambria wrote on Instagram.

“Not only that, but she was carried and brought into the world by her sweet nana, her ancestor. Nothing is a coincidence, and her birth date is not a coincidence either.” Cambria added that Nancy is “amazing in every way.”
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/11/grandmother-56-gives-birth-to-her-son-and-daughter-in-laws-baby.html

7 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Righthussle: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
This story no cleear

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Shalommy(f): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Wow!!.. Oyibo no dey carry last. Chaii

12 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by MrNice04(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
factually there a more better reasons to say no to APC and Tinubu regardless of whoever they field...

Atiku is coming

7 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by LiveWithIt: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Science at its finest

Tinubu is coming

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by nairalee(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
The West is now the land of absurdities. Infact its so abnormal now that if you're normal you'll be canceled.

If u talk against homosexuality
If u insist there are only 2 genders
If u say a man is the head

Just kiss your career goodbye

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by ecolime(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
56 years? shocked

That's an high-risk pregnancy.

Thank God it ended well. Congrats to the family.

Nancy told People that she was in labor for nine hours. When Hannah arrived, she weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.

Weight in Kilograms= 3.51kg

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by toprealman: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Righthussle:
This story no cleear
That's the beauty of science.Thank God for wisdom.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by oluwaseyi0: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Tech is life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Surrogacy everywhere

nawa ooo

meanwhile.....

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Image123(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hmmm, that's complicated. Omo omoo literally to the power of 2.
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by AyubaMasta(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Wow
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by hortidag: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Nawa oh
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Pelaiye2703(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Omoh!
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by floss(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Dipjoke: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
LiveWithIt:
Science at its finest

Tinubu is coming
God forbid BAThings

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Gantata01(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
Omoor
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by LiveWithIt: 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Dipjoke:
long live tinubu grin

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by FireUpNow(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
So why can't Nigerian couples who are finding it hard to have thier kids go for IVF? Is that too stressful and costly? I know of a very wealthy woman but has no kids of her own, I to told her to go for IVF. She said her husband lacks erection and have tried all means. Can the man expel viable sperm for her? Please experienced peeps the floor is open

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by bid4rich(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Record breaker grandma.

Guinness Book of Record should consider this

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Psoul(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2022
Cheaper with better peace of mind.
The woman loves her son and daughter inlaw so much.

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by seandurse(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2022
Inside life

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Eriokanmi: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Funke Akindele can now smile and shame her attackers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Kudos to that old woman. If to say, it happened in Africa, many would have criticised that woman tired. She stood up for her son, and that’s act of pure love. In Africa , that lady would been push out of her matrimony home, due to barrenness. I like pure minded thinking. Since her son didn’t impregnated her, their eggs was put in the woman. She helped them carried it. May God bless that woman. Because marrying another lady can bring disunited to the family.

Live and Let Live

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mad o shocked
Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by yusluvad(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
The power of science...

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by Neddstark: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thank you Grandma

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby by appliedscience(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
nairalee:
The West is now the land of absurdities. Infact its so abnormal now that if you're normal you'll be canceled.

If u talk against homosexuality
If u insist there are only 2 genders
If u say a man is the head

Just kiss your career goodbye
A new normal has been established

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love / Couple Celebrate 82 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.