Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice (29501 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / Letter Of Rejection From An Applicant / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Mercury12(m): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2022
Joystic:
An apprentice once barbed me in 7 minutes, I was shocked. Something that took his boss 45 minutes at least.
The funniest part is I couldn't tell a difference.. he did good
yep some are good.

2 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Thegracefulness: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
sloo1:

You are correct. However, there is a word called "barbered" which is past tense of "barber". It is correct to say " he barbered my hair"

Barbered was not the word in contention. It was in fact, the word “barbed”.

You could reread it and see. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by DeluxebyOVA: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2022
Ikr.

Well, I had this barber I used then. His apprentice is a fine young boy - I found sth different in him after he gave me a cut with a perfect trimming when his Oga [my guy] wasn't around.

Omo, after then I find myself wanting the apprentice more because he got better than his boss. I mean, it's okay to get better than your boss without showing off, right?

4 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by WantsandMore: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
sloo1:

Barb and barbed are also not correct. The correct words are "barber" and "barbered"
Lol. Ok.
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by WantsandMore: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
Thegracefulness:

Actually there’s nothing like “barbed”. You say “cut”. The verb is to cut one's hair.

“Barb” does not mean to have a haircut; it means to fit barbed wires (electric metal lines) on a fence. The verb used for cutting hair is “barber,” as in, “he barbers for a living”.
haa...lol.. ook oooh.
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by chukwuma89w: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
He should start with children. He should start with children....
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by WilsonBright935: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
Tailor apprentice dey see shege too grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Dioceseofoyo: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
akwesenana:
I always love to give my hair to apprentice to barb.
But last month, one boy wan put me for high tension.
Took 3 hours to barb rubbish on my hair
Doesn't even know how to trim.
If I didn't tell him to stop cutting the hair, I'm sure he would have continued till the next day.
SMH undecided

Even boss was once an apprentice... grin Thank you for giving him a chance.

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Charismatic107: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
one apprentice shaved my beards yesterday,you need to see the condition of my cheeks right now, the guy left clipper cut on my cheeks almost looking like tribal marks

5 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by 77star: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
Joystic:
An apprentice once barbed me in 7 minutes, I was shocked. Something that takes his boss 45 minutes at least.
i was forced to comment with dis ur post
reason is i appreciate talent a lot

bro pls advise the guy, dat thing might b his way and life changing career.

funny enough, he might not know

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Rexymania(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
Believe me, I dey like make apprentice barb my hair pass oga
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Badbishop15(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Joystic:
An apprentice once barbed me in 7 minutes, I was shocked. Something that takes his boss 45 minutes at least.

Na freedom remain!

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by ElectGINeer(m): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
There was a time I met an apprentice, I wanted to have faith and told him I wanted Afro. I saw the guy putting powder in his hand, I was like "Afro o not shaving o", he said yes, I had to leave and come back for his oga ���

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by wiseone28: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
Tomorrow na the apprentice everybody go follow

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Pickmycall: 1:31am On Nov 07, 2022
Joystic:
45min ke! You wan finish him petrol on-top #300?
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Pickmycall: 1:33am On Nov 07, 2022
Thegracefulness:

Actually there’s nothing like “barbed”. You say “cut”. The verb is to cut one's hair.

“Barb” does not mean to have a haircut; it means to fit barbed wires (electric metal lines) on a fence. The verb used for cutting hair is “barber,” as in, “he barbers for a living”.
Barbershop nko?
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Joystic: 5:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Mercury12:
yep some are good.

True. Some grin
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Joystic: 5:53am On Nov 07, 2022
77star:

i was forced to comment with dis ur post
reason is i appreciate talent a lot

bro pls advise the guy, dat thing might b his way and life changing career.

funny enough, he might not know

I tell you bro, imagine you have to rush somewhere and have just a few minutes to spare, that barber would be invaluable in such situation. Although the thing is most people actually enjoy the barber taking long time to barb them.

3 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Joystic: 5:55am On Nov 07, 2022
Pickmycall:
45min ke! You wan finish him petrol on-top #300?

grin
Some dey take one hour sef on top 200 naira

2 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Haymus007(m): 10:22am On Nov 07, 2022
Charismatic107:
one apprentice shaved my beards yesterday,you need to see the condition of my cheeks right now, the guy left clipper cut on my cheeks almost looking like tribal marks
grin grin
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Haymus007(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2022
I no believe you! angry
Rexymania:
Believe me, I dey like make apprentice barb my hair pass oga

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by MeaslesMumpsRub: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
Lol
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by ruffDiamond: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
vickyfrancis1:
I can relate...but the apprentice should at least shine with small children's hair na...from there he will graduate to old papa Dem before teenagers and young adults...na stages Sha grin
na so bros cheesy
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Kobicove(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
Stephen2324:
No body faces rejection like the barbers apprentice

No be lie you talk! grin
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Khastro(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
vickyfrancis1:
I can relate...but the apprentice should at least shine with small children's hair na...from there he will graduate to old papa Dem before teenagers and young adults...na stages Sha grin
But they hardly ever do like that. Dem go just jump to tamper with bear bear
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by emmykk(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
illicit:
But las las na apprentice ashawo dey sweet pass sha

tongue

Baddest

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Khastro(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
Stephen2324:
No body faces rejection like the barbers apprentice
Especially when overconfidence carry them go where bear bear dey.
I fit morder apprentice for that LOL

1 Like

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Khastro(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
illicit:
But las las na apprentice ashawo dey sweet pass sha
tongue
Ashawo get apprentice? Never heard that b4, lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by dinkyicon: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
No reject them oooo until dey spoil ur hair
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by adecz: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
Who wan be guinea pig or
lab specimen❗️❗️☺️

2 Likes

Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by abobote: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
Yes, you are right
Re: No Body Faces Rejection Like The Barbers Apprentice by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
From experience, a lot of those apprentices have redesigned and destroyed the hairlines of many young guys!

The glaring lack of confidence seen in most of them is more than a warning sign to customers to wait longer for the main barber! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do They Really Sell Employment Slots In Nigeria / United States Consulate General Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / How Not To Spend Your Salary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.