Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent (33984 Views)

I'm Happy Tinubu Increased Fuel Price, It Has Reduced Number Of Visitors - Buhar / The Arise-Tv Debate Would Be Airing Every Sunday For The Meantime / Festus Keyamo Vs Segun Sowunmi Channels TV Debate Ends Abruptly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by BlackMan6969(m): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2022
We where actually waiting for the idiot that will defend BAT's absence and you finally showed up. Welcome Saa...

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Lekozy(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
Me am voting for peter obi if u like it or..not...
But let tinubu win... Quote me..una go see shege...u neva see anything...
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by ElSudani: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
Happy Tinubu did not go there. It was a farce.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Nwachinemere1: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
I have no problem with the op opinion. What I have a problem with is that the Admin saw it fit for frontpage. It shows the level of thought the admins here have. It is sacrilegious to defend a presidential hopeful absence in a platform where he can showcase his plan, and even more disappointing is that some people deemed it fit to defend it and publish the defence.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by EmmyDJourno: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
swuftz:
As I watched the Live Townhall meeting organized by the Arise TV , I couldn't but be glad Tinubu was absent at the meeting.

I couldn't imagine the person of Tunubu being treated to the shoddy organisation and unprofessional presentation by the Anchor Reuben Abati.

I think Atiku deliberately sent his running mate Okowa. This type of debate is so local. It's only meant for deputies or House of Reps members to attend.

Peter Obi tried to outdo himself in most of his response especially about the security because he wanted to score cheap point but end up talking like local government chairmanship aspirant. I have to Port to another channel quick quick.

Wasted school fees
Better luck to your kids, hopefully this level of stupidity is not hereditary
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Konjiboii: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
After the elections,you go tender evidence of who you vote for before I fit help/assist anybody for this country, I can't be sharing this jungle with this dolts when dey reason like chimps.

God bless every LP supporters, God no go shame us.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Cromagnon: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
FactBoyz:
This Arise Tv town hall meeting/debate is not compulsory! Any Candidate can decide to not attend! So also is job interview. When a Candidate refused to show up for a job interview, do you employ such Candidate? Vote wisely Nigerians!!!
the whole election is the job interview. Do you disqualify a qualified candidate for 1 or 2 hiccups

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by victorsola: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
swuftz:
As I watched the Live Townhall meeting organized by the Arise TV , I couldn't but be glad Tinubu was absent at the meeting.

I couldn't imagine the person of Tunubu being treated to the shoddy organisation and unprofessional presentation by the Anchor Reuben Abati.

I think Atiku deliberately sent his running mate Okowa. This type of debate is so local. It's only meant for deputies or House of Reps members to attend.

Peter Obi tried to outdo himself in most of his response especially about the security because he wanted to score cheap point but end up talking like local government chairmanship aspirant. I have to Port to another channel quick quick.
. I swear I just said the same thing , so jagajaga. The second person that was meant to do the second part is talking from online . Which kain yeye debate .

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by BigIyanga: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
IamNat:
It is well, the debate is meant mostly for the elites and the literates, it has very little effect on the people on the street, reason why you won't see Tinubu at places like this, he knows his support base won't increase no matter how hard he tries at the debate talkless of when he knows he won't even perform well

No problem. Their base stands a lot to lose .last 8 yrs have been tougher on their base. If middle class and elite purses and finances are hurting… there wont be help, alms, donations, destiny helper.. Elites and literates control policies and finances, so there wont be pay raises, bonuses, promotions etc.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Theunbothered: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
Princess80:
Dont let tribalism cloud ur judgement.

A man who cant make himself available to u as a candidate, he wont make himself available too as a president.

Vote someone who is answerable to ur problems

These fools think they are hurting us by voting along tribal lines, they are only hurting themselves.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by jessylaurel(f): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
swuftz:

He obviously can't compose a sentence
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Sammy5413(m): 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2022
Hehehe cowards! They can't stand the questions to be thrown at them that's why they exempted themselves. Grandpa's that's got nothing to offer.
Psychopaths seeking our votes
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
swuftz:

APC has no regard for Nigerians. Just silly aloofness that will lead to their unavoidable defeat and embarrassment in 2023
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by benjaminlawson(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Let emilokan and his men continue to be arrogant, if they have any programme, they would have been happy to present at any media, in as much as some electorate are viewers, but they claimed it is local therefore, their candidate can't go there. They failed to know that pride goes before destruction. They are seeking appointment but don't want to attend job interview. They have nothing to offer that is the basic truth.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Goodnigga: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
LegendHero:
Jagaban do not attend irrelevant gatherings that won’t guarantee votes.

Arise TV always trying to make statement with Tinubu name and the man always show them that they are learners.

Even Atiku understood this simple game which made him snub the event and leave the stage for baby politicians like Obi Pandora.

By tomorrow, Jagaban will be addressing farmers across Niger state and communicate directly with people with the vote.

God bless Jagaban!
and which one has he attended that is not organized by him?
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by paramakina202: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
Tinubu can only attend gathering where he will speak to his supporters any live debate he will run away.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by bibe(m): 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
Erickymania:
I totally agree with you OP. Honestly, this debate/ town hall meeting or whatever they call it is not worth it at all. How can you orgernize such a shoddy program and expect our main presidential candidates of a whole Nigeria to participate? This is the biggest county in Africa for God's sake. I don't blame Tinubu & Atiku at all. They are bigger than this nonsense Arise TV is doing. This is suppose to be debate for Peter Obi and other presidential candidates looking for cheap validation.

They are bigger than the citizenry? Bigger than the people they are asking for employment? Bigger than the large population that tuned in and looking to see them defend what they have on their CV?
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Blaze14k: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2022
zacks001:
ASIWAJU is there target and they will continue to miss target, GOD BLESS JAGABAN OUR INCOMING PRESIDENT INSHA'ALLAH!

Clearly what u r sayin is ppl that invited all the presidential candidates are all enemies of tinubu right? Ogun go kill all of una way no get brain for dis kontri. See as dey don use u dey play chess u dey nak ur head up nd down like agama lizard. Dis hardship everybody dey suffer e no go escape ur family. Bloody nonentity
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Nchenches: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
donphilopus:
Why would Tinubu be there?

To be honest, Tinubu got people everywhere. Ordinarily he would have sent his running mate but after getting an intel., he had to ask his running mate to stay back.

Atiku isn't sharp reason his running mate got embarrassed this evening.

Na so una most Shophistiwretched Intel in 2014/2015 gave us Muhammadu Buhari as president, and we are today in a Nigeria harboring the largest number of poor, hungry and most terrorised people on earth.
Every US presidential aspirant seizes every opportunity like this to convince voters.
Make una continue with una political shophischication, alliance formation, etc.
Well, the advanced countries are shifting emphasis from fossil fuels. But Nigeria's presidential election fights are more about who controls revenue from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger Delta, than about who can improve the lot of Nigerians. If una like, tell Tinubu not to bother to tell Nigerians anything about how he can preside over Nigeria if he wins the next presidential election.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Chetas81(m): 12:07am On Nov 07, 2022
LegendHero:

Arise TV always trying to make statement with Tinubu name and the man always show them that they are learners.

Even Atiku understood this simple game which made him snub the event and leave the stage for baby politicians like Obi Pandora.

By tomorrow, Jagaban will be addressing farmers across Niger state and communicate directly with people with the vote.

God bless Jagaban!
modern day slave is allowed any day any night ELERIBURUKU CITIZENS
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by OdefaGirl(f): 12:15am On Nov 07, 2022
swuftz:

When people accuse most of Tinubu supporters of being very stupid, I tend to disagree but you guys keep proving me wrong.... Most of you are more than stupid.
Who do your candidate think he is before Nigerians? Is Tinubu bigger than the country he is fighting tooth and nail to rule?

You know he would have messed up himself and given you guys cleaning job for the week cz you keep cleaning and cleaning the mess.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Fotamart: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
I swear. I am the most happy guy right now that Tinubu did not attend this rubbish town hall meeting
U mean u embarrassed by his cowardice
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Thinkbetter(m): 12:29am On Nov 07, 2022
I think a wise person will just fold arms and ignored the BATified supporters because they have been bought by emilokan, but only time will tell just like 2015 most of die hard fan of Buhari that I knew are out of job today because the company they worked have either folded up or downsized due to bad policies of this present Government. The truth of the matter is that the effect of bad government doesn't know who supported or against them during election we will all pay the price.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by gabicon: 12:33am On Nov 07, 2022
socialmediaman:
The same hypocrites talking trash about debates tune in closely to their TVs for American presidential debates.

Who takes Tinubu supporters seriously except them them

What is the purpose of a presidential debate?

A presidential debate targeted at winning over undecided voters. In Nigeria we have turned it into a ploy to embarrass a candidate, and we sincerely hope that our candidates opponents messes up. We did it for Jonathan in 2011, we did it for Buhari in 2015 and now it's Tinubu and Atiku, to what end?

The results of the presidential elections debate you watch on TV is a product of extensive preparation by both political parties, it's not wake up and show up in the studio. I make bold to claim that the candidates already know the questions they will be asked already

Secondly, who should organise a presidential debate?

The US presidential debat used to be controlled by civil society organisations butas a result of differences it didn't work out.

As of today presidential debates are controlled by a commission of presidential debate whose members are the two most dominant political parties in America.

CNN or fox news doesn't conduct presidential debate. The reason being that they are favourably disposed to a candidate or party. It's not an open secret that Arise TV and it's anchor Ruben Abati is favourably disposed to a candidate.

If I were a candidate I will boycott, because the whole show is just like that university lecturer that has vowed you won't pass his module, even if I get an A he will down grade it to D.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by nkemjacob2(m): 12:56am On Nov 07, 2022
This was how buhari was absent in most debate and here we found ourselves. Nigerians Una no wan learn
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by franudi: 1:33am On Nov 07, 2022
Foolish talk.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by ATLIEN2027: 1:45am On Nov 07, 2022
It was a total disaster.

1 Like

Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by ElSudani: 1:52am On Nov 07, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
It was a total disaster.

It was, Obi's behavior towards Melaye is equally appalling. What is he going to do next, punch someone in the face?
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Jnkay: 1:55am On Nov 07, 2022
That was how you were happy that Buhari was absent during presidential debate. What happened last last, but a half baked president.
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by Favourchris(f): 1:59am On Nov 07, 2022
LegendHero:

God bless Jagaban!

Is so painful how u people give this men excuses.... I gave up on this nation....
Re: Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent by jimmynauty: 2:04am On Nov 07, 2022
FactBoyz:
This Arise Tv town hall meeting/debate is not compulsory! Any Candidate can decide to not attend! So also is job interview. When a Candidate refused to show up for a job interview, do you employ such Candidate? Vote wisely Nigerians!!!

Spot-on..share on twitter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PREMIUM TIMES Writes UK Govt, Seeks Clarification Over Peter Obi’s Arrest / ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) / Reno Omokri Has This To Say About Tinubu As Akpabio Defects To APC From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.