Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One (1579 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
now if a choice was placed to you. 1 million dollars cash to remain in nigeria or 5000 dollars a ticket and visa to japa to the UK or cANADA. which would you choose ?
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
The $1m of course
Stupid question

Naija is only bad if you don't have money.
With 1m you can build a fortress in Naija and vacation as u wish, plus you'd chop life

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sleek214(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dumb question from a dumb person. Go and hustle, nobody will give you $1 to remain in Nigeria or travel outta Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:
The $1m of course
Stupid question

Naija is only bad if you don't have money.
With 1m you can build a fortress in Naija and vacation as u wish, plus you'd chop life

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2022
sleek214:
Dumb question from a dumb person. Go and hustle, nobody will give you $1 to remain in Nigeria or travel outta Nigeria

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 1:20am On Nov 07, 2022
[quote author=sukkot post=118181180][/quote]

Plus japa no guarantee anything. You may get there and end up broke - or worse!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by AnitaofEurope: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Plus japa no guarantee anything. You may get there and end up broke - or worse!

Remaining in Nigeria too does not guarantee you anything you go just grow old and die miserableness without a penny

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Remaining in Nigeria too does not guarantee you anything you go just grow old and die miserableness without a penny

But you'd at least have $1m
$1m in Naija, play your cards reasonably well, you'd NEVER be broke again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But you'd at least have $1m
$1m in Naija, play your cards reasonably well, you'd NEVER be broke again
its like these people dot understand that 1m dollars is like 800 million naira. you can buy yourself a great house for 150 million naira. then buy 3 rental properties at 50 million each. then you still have 500 million. keep 400 million into a high interest account in london. now you have 100 million left. just keep that one in your safe. see the enjoyment ? some fools would rather wash dead bodies just so they can be in the uk

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
its like these people dot understand that 1m dollars is like 800 million naira. you can buy yourself a great house for 150 million naira. then buy 3 rental properties at 50 million each. then you still have 500 million. keep 400 million into a high interest account in london. now you have 100 million left. just keep that one in your safe. see the enjoyment ? some fools would rather wash dead bodies just so they can be in the uk

No mind them
They don't understand the $5000 will quickly disappear and you'll end up living stressful paycheck to paycheck like everyone else. They think all these Nigerians abroad who end up into scams do so by choice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

No mind them
They don't understand the $5000 will quickly disappear and you'll end up living stressful paycheck to paycheck like everyone else. They think all these Nigerians abroad who end up into scams do so by choice
$5000 that is only 3 months rent in london grin

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
$5000 that is only 3 months rent in london grin

And you haven't added exorbitant electric bill, phone bill, transportation, etc. They think you'll paying your bills in naira!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

And you haven't added exorbitant electric bill, phone bill, transportation, etc. They think you'll paying your bills in naira!
exactly bro lol. bills bills bills and mo bills grin
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:

They think those japa countries have higher suicide rates for no reason. There are pros and cons everywhere.

Many frustrated Nigerians abroad will relocate back home sharp sharp if you gave them $10k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:

I created a thread off this. Check it out:

https://www.nairaland.com/7421487/abroad-guys-given-40k-relocate#118196631

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I created a thread off this. Check it out:

https://www.nairaland.com/7421487/abroad-guys-given-40k-relocate#118196631
nice one bro cheesy cheesy let me check it out

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by adecz: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2022
If you have one Billion naira cash, wetin
you dey Japa for❓

A very stuuuupid question☹️☹️☹️

You buy house 50m, 2 reasonable
cars for 10m & put yourselfon monthly
stipend of 500k. Change 500m to US$
300m fixed account and be trading or
doing business with the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
adecz:

If you have one Billion naira cash, wetin
you dey Japa for❓

A very stuuuupid question☹️☹️☹️

You buy house 50m, 2 reasonable
cars for 10m & put yourselfon monthly
stipend of 500k. Change 500m to US$
300m fixed account and be trading or
doing business with the rest.

sukkot:

I find it comical how limited the average guy's knowledge of finance:
No mention of stocks, bonds, annuities, money market funds, cryptos, forex, etc.

All we know is real estate, trading, or bank account grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

No mention of stocks, bonds, annuities, money market funds, cryptos, forex, etc.

all those things are not for everybody. many lose all their money doing forex and crypto and stocks. if all you have is 1 million dollars you would be stupid to invest in those things. those thigs are for people who have an extra 1 million that they will not miss if they lose it . meaing you are worth at least 5 million dollars. thats the big boy field. if all you have is 1 million dollars you are not quaifiied. they wiill eat all your money

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
all those things are not for everybody. many lose all their money doing forex and crypto and stocks. if all you have is 1 million dollars you would be stupid to invest in those things. those thigs are for people who have an extra 1 million that they will not miss if they lose it . meaing you are worth at least 5 million dollars. thats the big boy field. if all you have is 1 million dollars you are not quaifiied. they wiill eat all your money

Na lie. All we lack is financial education. Imagine having $1m and not being in the stock market. Ridiculous! People with $5k play the market.
Then in a place like Nigeria you'd easily get inside information from crooked officials
Just imagine if you knew in advance Naira was going to be redesigned. You can make billions from just that info
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Na lie. All we lack is financial education. Imagine having $1m and not being in the stock market. Ridiculous! People with $5k play the market.
Then in a place like Nigeria you'd easily get inside information from crooked officials
Just imagine if you knew in advance Naira was going to be redesigned. You can make billions from just that info
well different strokes for different folks. live and let live. if thats what you do ? do you
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
well different strokes for different folks. live and let live. if thats what you do ? do you

It is dealing with money itself instead of things that lead to money (real estate, trading, etc)
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by Yhn1: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
If the 5k comes with a canada PR or US greencard or Australia PR or Japan citizenship I will take it . To hell with nigeria
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by sukkot: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=118199888]

It is dealing with money itself instead of things that lead to money (real estate, trading, etc)[/quote hey i dont care. people who end up looking for quick investmets always end up losing all their money. MMM comes to mind. i dont do shady investmets like forex ctyptos etc. its just not me. if thats you ? do you
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by adecz: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

If you Japa sef, there is no how you
are going to save $1m in 20 years, doing
regular, comfortable jobs which pay
about $5k per month. Taxes, rent, bills,
transportation, vehicle maintenance, kids, sending something back home ( even if na $200 monthly).

You can hardly save $1k a month.
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2022
adecz:

transportation, vehicle maintenance, kids, sending something back home ( even if na $200 monthly).

Very true
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by AnitaofEurope: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2022
adecz:

Can you comfortably save 500k in a month in Nigeria ?
I don’t know what is you guys obbession with guys abroad
Why don’t you mother fuckers face torn Nigeria and leave people abroad with their lives alone.
Abi una Dey jealous?
Or pained they left?
Cos i’m Not understanding this obsession about abroad
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by adecz: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Why don’t you mother fuckers face torn Nigeria and leave people abroad with their lives alone.
Abi una Dey jealous?
Or pained they left?
Cos i’m Not understanding this obsession about abroad

❌❌Read this your comment or quote
again and see whether it makes sense
in the context of the topic in question.

Better stop sniffing or smoking the
stuff you are obsessed in or addicted to,
it won't help your ministry... ☹️☹️

I come in peace✌️✌️✌️
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by PoliteActivist: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Abi una Dey jealous?
Or pained they left?
Cos i’m Not understanding this obsession about abroad sukkot
Well you already have $1m.
The comparison is either have $1m in Nigeria or $5k abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by Angrygoat: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Poverty is affecting your brain, ode
Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by Vietnaminfo(m): 4:25am On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
now if a choice was placed to you. 1 million dollars cash to remain in nigeria or 5000 dollars a ticket and visa to japa to the UK or cANADA. which would you choose ?

Do you know what is 1 million dollars? With $50,000 I will remain in Nigeria. What do you guys even think abroad is? If you don't work in abroad nothing for you. It is 100% easier to survive in Nigeria than in abroad. Only thing good abroad are the basics amenities and nothing more. Life in abroad is stressful. If you have not travelled you wouldn't understand. Let no one deceive you about abroad life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One by Lushbaby: 5:29am On Nov 10, 2022
I hope the security of this country will allow you to spend the 1million in peace... Japa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Change Naira To Ghana Cedis / Does Anybody Know Document Needed For Uk Partner Visa / An Elderly Couple Refuse To Move As A Road Is Built Around Their Apartment They

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.