Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja (91369 Views)

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Big Hippopotamus Killed In Jebba. / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
huntax:

Oh, people now live in the river?
So you think Hypos live in the rivers?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by NaBanga: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
I don't like this. cry
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
Snitch24:
Killed for what purpose
when e dy threaten people life....na to kill
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Zenret84: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:
The Animal cruelty going on in Kogi state is alarming.

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..
Was
Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by FarmTech(m): 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..

Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.
Don't pray to meet a hippo in the wild. If the government t is serious, they shud be put in protected areas.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Zenret84: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:

Was
report to www.nesrea.gov.ng with all the supporting pictures
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Mcreloaded(m): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
The most dangerous animal on earth still remains the one and only undisputed champion= HUMANS
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by jeromestarks: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
OceanRed:

HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIND VIRGIN FOR MARRIAGE IN THIS AGE?
You want to find a virgin?
Read this:
https://www.nairaland.com/7345496/places-find-virgin-woman
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Zenret84: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:

report to nesrea.gov.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by kenx1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
foooooooooooooooooools

We have a long way to go!
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Iamlakexide(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Well said. But do you know that this particular animal is going extinction really .. Nobody stop anyone fishing but for some specific animals are going extinction worldwide due to climate change. Let's protect this last species. We need them in our world.
erico2k2:

Nigeria has great potential, if our only or major source of income wa wildlife, we would have developed ours more than the Kenyans. Let me quickly draw you to places like Australia, u think Kenya have half the wildlife Oz has? No but they focus more on Gold and Iron.
In all, what Im trying to say is simple, leave Africans to live African ways don't make mockery of it just cos you are copying some western way of life, these guys dey go back dey laugh us wey we chose that school of thought trust me, I don live with them for 23 years. The Australian Govt gave special licence to the Aboriginals who are the real owners of Oz to live thier life as they once lived, the covers hunting, farming etc. So if these people can recognise that certain things need being left as it was who be we wey they try to forcefully adapt thier own way of life?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Segzy19: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mad people!

May something bad befall the killers
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by MrBONE2(m): 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Meanwhile, over here in Germany.

You mistakenly hit or kill any animal, you go to prison for some period of time embarassed

Africa is a zoo tongue.
grin
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Sagefromtheeast: 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
souldeep:
And what makes you think whatever the white man adopt as a way of life is best for everybody around the globe?

Don't mind stupid people with NO self-esteem

2 Likes

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by MrBONE2(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
lilvicky68:
Nice one

we need to start having more variety of meats available
And variety of Bones grin
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Thebigheart: 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
Oh Africans, who do us this things.
What other Government will conserve for money.

Africans will kill them for food.

Any ways wetin i dey talk self.

Hunger bad.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Alanzazani: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
For UK here kill rabbit, pigeon or seagull web dey play for your front na £1k o and possible time
In jail
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by rickleye: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
Which Authorities.
Tonite!, we eat Hippo Meat !!! Yeah
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by tctrills: 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Meanwhile, over here in Germany.

You mistakenly hit or kill any animal, you go to prison for some period of time embarassed

Africa is a zoo tongue.
You know very little about the world. In America and Australia hurting is a sport. In Africa we hurt for food who is justified.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by tctrills: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
Snitch24:
Killed for what purpose
food. Is there anything wrong with hunting? Or must we all be vegetarians
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Ofemmanu1: 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Snitch24:
Killed for what purpose
Killed for better Kponmo
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by alizma: 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2022
Zoharariel:
And why is this woman putting her child on the Hippo? She wants to snap photo abi?

Na wa for Nigerians ooo. If the Hippo growls now and the child somersaults, dem go talk say Hippo wicked. grin
That baby don get rank more than you when it comes to issue of hippopotamus dead or alive. Have you ever seen any? No, that child is sitting on one which makes him/her more knowledgeable about what hippopotamus is and look like.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by SOLACY: 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Iamlakexide:
I think i mentioned kenya In my last quote.. Oh kenya na African country chief. Besides you said our own ideology.. Kindly point to me in a sentence what you are proud of in the vision less action? Same animal that you mortgage
future on as a game reserve and keep cashing out dollars as revenue, you kill and eat for just a week max... Slavery mentality.
*DIESEL IS AVAILABLE FOR SUPPLY HERE IN LAGOS. 10K METRIC TONNES MINIMUM PURCHASE. 08059560593*
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Funflipper: 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
lilvicky68:
Nice one

we need to start having more variety of meats available

The meat will be too tough for humans to eat.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
Midastorch:

You're a fool, Do you even know the meaning of poacherHippopotamus is a very dangerous animal, you'll like it to kill human beings than it get killed itself??You're an Animal in human form

Ur p*p* and m*m* na f**ls
Animal that didn’t cross it’s natural habitat go kill human? Or u think it was killed in a residential area? Try buy sense
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Grandmeister:

Why not just avoid it’s area of habitation then? Why do we have to kill it? By your wise reasoning we should kill off every lion, elephant, tigers, wolves etc. After all they can kill humans.

His reasoning was myopic, why I didn’t bother to respond
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
I’m not disputing this, but if you don’t cross to it’s habitat will it attack you?

ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
even in documentary on NAT Geo wild. It kill more human than Lion
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Father4all: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:

arrest wetin? This hunger no reach your place cool
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
FarmTech:

Don't pray to meet a hippo in the wild. If the government t is serious, they shud be put in protected areas.

Wetin u Dey even find go wild?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Zenret84:
report to www.nesrea.gov.ng with all the supporting pictures

Thank u so much
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by pinkyz: 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hunger in d land….
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Thecoverman: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
Who told you op that hippo is on the brink of extinction?? Abeg suffery dey lie

Fyi, hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive animals out there and it kills humans more than lions do. If it's not killed, it will definitely kill humans in that location.

But they are not in human resident, let the sleeping dog lie they say, if you don't go after them they won't go after you, killing the hippo was wrong Don't try to justify the killing

Just to let you know, hippo are venerable, there population as really decrease,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Drone Spotted At Ojota Bus Stop This Afternoon(Photos) / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.