Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC (2248 Views)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Anonymous0001: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2022
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

This is to notify us all that life refused to be easy after NYSC and as such, Am using this medium to reach out to everyone who in his various capacities, links, and connection to assist me in anyway to get any job to be doing instead of me staying at home all day please any offer you have within ur possession relate to me. It's really hard on us right now. I will be forever grateful fams. I AM AN EXPERT IN FISH FARMING. I LIVE IN ABUJA, LUGBE
Just a DM fams. Am hoping to receiving a positive response from you all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by mrvitalis(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

This is to notify us all that life refused to be easy after NYSC and as such, Am using this medium to reach out to everyone who in his various capacities, links, and connection to assist me in anyway to get any job to be doing instead of me staying at home all day please any offer you have within ur possession relate to me. It's really hard on us right now. I will be forever grateful fams.
Sorry gp can't help you here . How many languages do you know that's the Koko

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by SuperWriter(f): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2022
You better go and learn Software Engineering or data science.

By the way, in case anyone need a quality content writer for blog, kindly check my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by dheilaw1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
You go still see shege

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by sreamsense: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

This is to notify us all that life refused to be easy after NYSC and as such, Am using this medium to reach out to everyone who in his various capacities, links, and connection to assist me in anyway to get any job to be doing instead of me staying at home all day please any offer you have within ur possession relate to me. It's really hard on us right now. I will be forever grateful fams.
Now, that you are through with your NYSC, remove your tye, bend down and focus on having practical skill. You can't be jobless as computer science student if you are loaded with relevant skills and ideas. You must forget about program to solve quadratic equation, matrices and average of numbers that you were taught in school that some ASSU lecturers don't even know how to teach very well before turning them to assignments when those simple programs refuse to run. Learn mobile app development and release your own apps on play store, apple store and Hawaii/China store or many more stores pending the time you get lucrative jobs. However, you may be lucky as one of your apps can fetch you billions if well done and you may forget looking for job. You can also engage in web designing, desktop app, embedded apps and web app.

If you are only good at salary job, check up to forty vacancies advertized in Nigeria on daily/weekly basis via daily news paper, internet and many more.channels, look at current professional certifications requests of companies among those 40 you gathered in your area of speciallty. Go and do relevant practical training of some major professional certifications companies are majorly demanding and go for its exam. Once you pass, it will boost your chance of getting jobs. Also, try to be verse, never limits yourself only to one area of computing.

Being verse will boost your chance of getting good jobs because organizations are looking for someone that can add values through multi-tasking skills and not just to become liability who only waits for monthly alert. Remember that if you are rightly loaded with relevant idea, you will surely be needed somewhere, someday. Alternatively, do online professional training in line with area you can offer remote services and begin to get job or offer from all over the world. You can also register with upwork or related site like that so you can go and bid for services you can do fast to make online legitimate money.

However, bedrock of all these I mentioned is to get relevant skills and get yourself loaded with relevant ideas. Never depend on your certificate alone, get relevant skills first through rigorous practical training. Remember that brilliant minds are many in computing world, you must bend down to compete with hardwork, smartness and patience. I wish you well as you begin to climb ladder of success to reach you goal.

More than first ten richest men in the world are from computer directly or indirectly, if you remove laziness out of your way by thinking outside the box; you can turn the table of first ten richest men in the world to include you in shortest period than expected. The list is waiting for you and i to alter to include our names. Stand-up and work without duping anybody or involves in any form of illegality, you can make it with clean hands through hard work and prayer

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Tolexander: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

With this written up, it shows you are not employable.

If you are employable, there are some things you would have included in the post to sell yourself, definitely not the CGPA.

Tell me what makes you different from a CRS or History graduate of similar CGPA in your post?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by RZArecta(m): 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Dedicate six months to cybersecurity or programming courses and certifications, join focus groups to interact and make connections. Come back next year with your testimony

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by TheSameGuy(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Think outside box!
What problem can you solve in our environment. That's how to make money

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by eteebanky1: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
No go hustle

Dy find white collar job upanda

You no get connection, you dy find white collar job for this country

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Olachase(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

This is to notify us all that life refused to be easy after NYSC and as such, Am using this medium to reach out to everyone who in his various capacities, links, and connection to assist me in anyway to get any job to be doing instead of me staying at home all day please any offer you have within ur possession relate to me. It's really hard on us right now. I will be forever grateful fams.n
you fit work for Computer Village ikeja? Street hustle, you won buy you won sell? You fit day see #2,500 in a day na wetin me and my guys self they take hold body

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by honour7: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

How can you get a job when you still see yourself as a student and not a graduate, change your mentality first to that of a job seeker and you will get one.

Secondly being a graduate of computer science is very lucrative presently all around the world but depending on what you can do either as a data scientist, software programmer etc, you have to go for extra training to learn these things maybe with NIIT or any strong computer institute with international recognition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by PastorOku: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
Entitlement mentality. Kontunu dey shout G.P upandan.. Na hunger go kee u.. Nor go hustle grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by BigYash: 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
Learn skill,learn kill. Na empty pocket he wan use learn the skill? Give him job first,even if its filling station manager or a car for bolt. From there,he can raise money for acquisition of skill. The only person wen don advice this nigga here since,na the computer village #2500 buy or sell ,holding body guy. Make una help the guy.. No be to speak oyinbo full ground.. Op make u sef ,keep ur certificate one side.. Enter real life hustle.. You can use the certificate later

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Ay04z(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
Huzle like a drop out bro..... Dat the situation of d country... Ur certificate will be useful later.. Cheers
Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Flora2Sweet: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
I know someone who graduated since 2018 wit 2.1 upper division, driving a school bus in lekki..

And he's comfortable while praying for something better ...

Nd u are a computer science student Still saying ur joblesss... i no fit laf

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by olola4(m): 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
Olachase:
you fit work for Computer Village ikeja? Street hustle, you won buy you won sell? You fit day see #2,500 in a day na wetin me and my guys self they take hold body

grin this was exactly the business idea I told my neighbour last night after complaining to me of the landlord disturbing him for house rent, I was like from this house to Computer Village is trekkable why don't u just go and enter computer village and be doing u wan buy, swap or sell instead of sitting down at home

"Olachase God go bless your hustle o.

For the op...it's very unfortunate and surprising that Computer Science graduate don't know how to code, I always imagine that what then are you taught then History of Computer or PHY AND MAT like what others have said, you have to go and learn a skill.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by AgentGoat: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
You no Sabi all these multiple IT skills and you be computer science graduate. Enter programming section and see guys wey no read computer science for school. Transforming their lives. They there dey shout geepee tank. Skilless modafuvka...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by silibaba: 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

You may have gotten that grade by sorting lectures, using your body, or girrafing during tests and exams.

Am not moved by the grade.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Bukola94: 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

SETUP A CAFE OR BIZ CENTRE,GET PRINTER,PHOTOCOPY MACHINE,LAMINATION MACHINE,DESKTOP COMPUTER/LAPTOP,MODEM FOR ONLINE REG,WRITING MATERIALS & BOOKS E.T.C START FROM SOMETHING & BE PATIENCE,IT WILL SURELY GROW

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Tokskob2008: 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
Lol... If na by GPA a lot people go don hammer since but seriously this country is really a depressing place to grow up and live.

While growing up everyone will be breathing down your neck that you must go to school, get good grades so you can get a job and live fine but right now that's all changed. Even with the good grades and all you will still get blamed if you don't go further to learn a trade or something and I'm wondering why not go for the learning in the first place instead of running after the degrees
Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by FriendsAndFans(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
RZArecta:
Dedicate six months to cybersecurity or programming courses and certifications, join focus groups to interact and make connections. Come back next year with your testimony

What will he be eating during that 6 months??

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Olachase(m): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
olola4:

grin this was exactly the business idea I told my neighbour last night after complaining to me of the landlord disturbing him for house rent, I was like from this house to Computer Village is trekkable why don't u just go and enter computer village and be doing u wan buy, swap or sell instead of sitting down at home

"Olachase God go bless your hustle o.

For the op...it's very unfortunate and surprising that Computer Science graduate don't know how to code, I always imagine that what then are you taught then History of Computer or PHY AND MAT like what others have said, you have to go and learn a skill.
lol thanks man tho I started the street job 2016 till I got. Better job around 2018 I'm currently working for a company with a gud pay, buh the spirit of ikeja no won leave my body so I do go only on Saturday to go and greet my guys, buh I no day come back home empty handed I fit see like 5k, that money I just day take ham flex and carry olosho for PamPam hotel grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by sammirano: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nig universities don't really add value, how will a CS graduate lack coding skills, When most lecturers are still using curriculum of 70s, fortan etc. Op you still have edge over many learning tech skills cos you already know basics

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by AndroidAI(m): 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
GP that you got after numerous sorting abi? You don't even know the difference between 'I'm' and 'Am'? Keep staying at home till you wise!

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by gabemuyi: 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
Computer Science with coding skills? U still have 6 months to go get urself a Lappy learn something on frontend add phyton apply for jobs online it's not going to be easy sha unless u have money for maintenance. But dat is d right direction.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by moblazer: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
A great place to start is with internships. As you know in this Nigeria you need experience on your resume or CV. Some banks are currently running paid internships, other than banks, there are also companies running similar internships. That is a start if you're looking for experience and an almost stable opportunity to set yourself up and gain some money.
After this, you can look into learning some digital skills, or even learning a programming language if you don't know one(i strongly recommend python).
If you maybe can't afford udemy courses just go join Udemy King's Discussion on Telegram, they provide free courses on almost anything you want to learn.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by tuzle(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
A computer science graduate with 4.3cgp that didn't even list a single language as something he knows.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by CyberHustle: 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
So what can you do? Assume you come face to face with Dangote and he asks you that question. Post the reply here.
Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Umunede(m): 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
How can I get your CV? 2.1 computer science is needed somewhere. Where are you?
Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anonymous0001:
Good day fams.
How are we all doing?

This is to notify us all that life refused to be easy after NYSC and as such, Am using this medium to reach out to everyone who in his various capacities, links, and connection to assist me in anyway to get any job to be doing instead of me staying at home all day please any offer you have within ur possession relate to me. It's really hard on us right now. I will be forever grateful fams. I AM AN EXPERT IN FISH FARMING
imagine, if this guy use his knowledge of computer to go Hushpuppy way, they will say crime doesn't pay, now na porverty pay? Nigeria itself na scam
Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by sageb: 12:14am On Nov 09, 2022
BigYash:
Learn skill,learn kill. Na empty pocket he wan use learn the skill? Give him job first,even if its filling station manager or a car for bolt. From there,he can raise money for acquisition of skill. The only person wen don advice this nigga here since,na the computer village #2500 buy or sell ,holding body guy. Make una help the guy.. No be to speak oyinbo full ground.. Op make u sef ,keep ur certificate one side.. Enter real life hustle.. You can use the certificate later

Well said, Bro.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Computer Science Student With 4.3CGP Is Jobless After NYSC by Joseph1505(m): 1:00am On Nov 09, 2022
Alright, if only you could be interested in online jobs like affiliate marketing or free lancing, then I can help

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Group Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 / Nicon Graduate Trainee Result Is Out! / Nlng Test Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.