Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment (27982 Views)

Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC / Resident Doctors to Ngige: We deserve the right to ask for salary increment / FG Begs Doctors, Nurses To Remain In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by baby124: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2022
sucess001:
When they be giving visas to Nigerian Nurses and Health Care givers ...they should be ready for Nigeria type problems. grin grin
Exactly. They have gone there to start spreading the idea of strikes. Lmao. Their usual solution to all problems in Nigeria. Everybody is a union. Employers will soon start employing only non-union nurses. They will learn.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2022
Onyeigbo10000:
I think say na only Nigeria unions Sabi go strike...

First strike in history for nurses. Johesu go on strike anytime they feel like
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Angelfrost(m): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
sebi you ignoramus ppl think its paradise lmao . hand go touch everybody grin grin grin grin
everybody eye done dey clear small small. another guyman sell hin house japa with wife and kids to uk. they say money done finish baba is homeless in the uk and sleeping inside library while wife and pikins are being helped by charity

I'm sorry, who exactly are you calling an ignoramus?!!

Where in my post did I mention moving to UK or show any interest in UK?!!! I merely criticized them based on their clearly flawed immigration policies... What's my business with those immigrating and those forming Patriot by staying back or unable to migrate.

It's every man's right to choose his path in life... If it ends badly, that's his own fault.

How many Nigerians living in Nigeria are currently doing well?!! How many even have hope of the next meal?!! You think we don't have homeless or near homeless people all over Nigeria?!!

Guy, we have no control over what people do with their lives... In any case, why would anyone be desperate to leave his country if he knows he can succeed there?!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Panda7(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2022
are the uk government not printing enough currency to pay them??
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by chukel(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2022
Nigerian nurses have dominated that sector and now corrupting the system. Soon you will hear the doctors in UK going on strike. The president of their association is a Nigerian.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by BreconHills(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Benrosaria:
The high cost of living now is drawn at pushing so many blacks back home too.

Everything na reverse eventually

They won't come back. But yes,things are tough all over the world. Na only our own we dey see.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by chukel(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2022
theforemost:
Nigerian nurses has gone to teach them how to strike
have not has
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by sukkot: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

I'm sorry, who exactly are you calling an ignoramus?!!

Where in my post did I mention moving to UK or show any interest in UK?!!! I merely criticized them based on their clearly flawed immigration policies... What's my business with those immigrating and those forming Patriot by staying back or unable to migrate.

It's every man's right to choose his path in life... If it ends badly, that's his own fault.

How many Nigerians living in Nigeria are currently doing well?!! How many even have hope of the next meal?!! You think we don't have homeless or near homeless people all over Nigeria?!!

Guy, we have no control over what people do with their lives... In any case, why would anyone be desperate to leave his country if he knows he can succeed there?!!
no mind me i was being sensational. anyway the point is sapa dey everywhere. the west is collapsing . the BRIC nations are orchestrating a downfall of the west by steering the global economy away from the west. the wests only recourse is to fight them. this why usa is using ukraine to provoke russia and using taiwan to provoke china to ww3. cuz they have to go down peacefully or go down fighting. but they have chosen to go down fighting. so ww3 is inevitable

2 Likes

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by BreconHills(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
chukel:
Nigerian nurses have dominated that sector and now corrupting the system. Soon you will hear the doctors in UK going on strike. The president of their association is a Nigerian.

This is completely untrue.
In what way is Pat Cullen a Nigerian? Haba take it easy na!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehignett/2022/11/06/british-nurses-vote-to-strike-over-pay-reports/amp/
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by grandstar(m): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
The NHS needs to pay their nurses more. This was a priority even before the fiscal and monetary excesses that sparked the present inflationary spiral.

Britain should pay her nurses more. I think increasing the VAT rate to 22% and payroll taxes by another 2% should provide enough funds to increase wages and also inject more cash into the underfunded NHS.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by saintrow1: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
4lorunsho:

Read to understand first before you say rubbish. Is rail sector mentioned in my discussion ?

Try dey think small naa

You are a fool, I used rail sector as an example to further educate reality to the gullible fellow.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by godofuck231: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
Headache oooo, Nigerians don reach there oooo
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

are they not better than us in terms of infrastructure and health care? if we have the infrastructure they have in all sectors I am very sure non sector will go on strike in Nigeria because we Nigerians are contented unlike whites that wants everything..if you discover the reason why most union in abroad go on strike if you meet their union you will slap the person because their demands is substantial and silly.
pls don't compare Nigeria with the western countries.. do we receive social services? Did the government pay the students loan? many platforms have been put in place to achieve your dream there.. infact the black man are the most dogged, resilient, robust, patient, intelligent in the world in spite of the unfavorable environment and atmosphere we still stand up
And can eat 2 square meals a day of severely malnourished, unbalanced diet of agbado and cassava and still be smiling at you. haba!

I reject it IJN.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by sharpwriter(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
sebi you ignoramus ppl think its paradise lmao . hand go touch everybody grin grin grin grin
everybody eye done dey clear small small. another guyman sell hin house japa with wife and kids to uk. they say money done finish baba is homeless in the uk and sleeping inside library while wife and pikins are being helped by charity
Lol... Baba, you were once there, do you mean you like your lasgidi naija compared to the place? I once asked you this question but you didn't give straight answer.

1 Like

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by fxexperts: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
BreconHills:

They won't come back. But yes,things are tough all over the world. Na only our own we dey see.
You can imagine these guys. a fly trying to measure wings with an eagle. If wind blow and the eagle wings shake, a fly will also say its own wing shake too when the wind blows.

Panda7:
are the uk government not printing enough currency to pay them??
Do you think the UK government is filled with agbado Urchins like yours.

Angelfrost:
So, these idiots can't properly pay their staff, yet they are pulling numbers from African nations...!

UK is beginning to seriously decline in leadership, especially in the areas of Economic management! It's embarrassing!
Imagine people whose brain has been bastardized with poverty talking.

sukkot:
Baba stop consoling yourself. I can see you are already use to poverty.

saintrow1:

Ignorance, go and ask the UK rail sector and see how the strike is going on and off. You think western countries are paradise abi.
Baba they are paradise, don't let anyone deceive you.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by omonnakoda: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
fxexperts:
You can imagine these guys. a fly trying to measure wings with an eagle. If wind blow and the eagle wings shake, a fly will also say its own wing shake too when the wind blows.

Do you think the UK government is filled with agbado Urchins like yours.

Imagine people whose brain has been bastardized with poverty talking.

Baba stop consoling yourself. I can see you are already use to poverty.

Baba they are paradise, don't let anyone deceive you.
Whether or not they are paradise

Nigeria us definitely hell
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by pocohantas(f): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
They actually do need to pay their nurses and professionals more. I believe they can do better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Salis2020: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
Wahooo this is interesting.... Recruit Nigerians and have Nigeria problems. Most we show our self everywhere we go.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by fxexperts: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
grandstar:
The NHS needs to pay their nurses more. This was a priority even before the fiscal and monetary excesses that sparked the present inflationary spiral.

Britain should pay her nurses more. I think increasing the VAT rate to 22% and payroll taxes by another 2% should provide enough funds to increase wages and also inject more cash into the underfunded NHS.

Look t who is talking, the truth is no human is 100% satiable, they will always demand more. why dont you ask your government to increase salary of your own nurses and doctors to prevent them from running to these developed countries. lets do the maths.
A nurse in the UK earn a minimum of 3000 pound while his counterpart in your sithole earns a maximum of N100,000 per month oo
Now convert at the rate of 3000x900 = N2,700,000 per month for a nurse in the UK compare to your shithole where they earn maximum of N100,000 some even earn N25,000. and you are saying they are underpaid, my friend you are sick.

pocohantas:
They actually do need to pay their nurses and professionals more. I believe they can do better.
Imagine a Begger trying to tell a wealthy man how to pay his employees. Refer to my analysis above.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Benrosaria(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
BreconHills:

We are the ones making things hard for ourselves, not like the things around us are depleting. Humans are dying more than the natural resources that should be consumed by humans to be conserved and preserved

This is absurd.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by pocohantas(f): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
fxexperts:
Look t who is talking, the truth is no human is 100% satiable, they will always demand more. why dont you ask your government to increase salary of your own nurses and doctors to prevent them from running to these developed countries. lets do the maths.
A nurse in the UK earn a minimum of 3000 pound while his counterpart in your sithole earns a maximum of N100,000 per month oo
Now convert at the rate of 3000x900 = N2,700,000 per month for a nurse in the UK compare to your shithole where they earn maximum of N100,000 some even earn N25,000. and you are saying they are underpaid, my friend you are sick.

Imagine a Begger trying to tell a wealthy man how to pay his employees. Refer to my analysis above.

Except anyone has begged you for money here, I am curious as to where your begger title is coming from.

Your analysis above doesn’t put you off as an enlightened or intelligent person. It is only people with zero knowledge of economics that are quick to convert foreign currency to Naira, even when the subject is spending it in a foreign currency.

Now that we have agreed that you are not a very smart one, I still insist the salaries of professionals in the UK should be adjusted to fit economic times in the UK. This is not to say that Nigerian professionals are treated any better.

Thank you!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by phorget(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
When you have over inflows of Nigerians there's definitely going to be what I call ”THE NIGERIAN FACTOR”.

Recently we've had Nigerians moving into the UK and things like bribery and corruption would definitely be in the increase and now we are about to have STRIKE one of Nigeria hallmark been exported to the UK.

Dont quote me please as I woke up with malaria this morning.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by fxexperts: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Except anyone has begged you for money here, I am curious as to where your begger title is coming from.

Your analysis above doesn’t put you off as an enlightened or intelligent person. It is only people with zero knowledge of economics that are quick to convert foreign currency to Naira, even when the subject is spending it in a foreign currency.

Now that we have agreed that you are not a very smart one, I still insist the salaries of professionals in the UK should be adjusted to fit economic times in the UK. This is not to say that Nigerian professionals are treated any better.

Thank you!
Your country is a shithole, and a begging nation, that is why i used that term on you. and you are just too dumb to think you can advice people in a developed nation, while you are from a shithole country. I have people who are currently working as nurses and doctors in the UK and i now very well how much they use to earn here and how much they are earning there. they are practically living large, and they still have enough savings to build mansion over there in Nigeria. So don't tell me what you don't know.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by grandstar(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
fxexperts:

Do you have to resort to insults to make your point? Let's be civil here. I was probably only focusing on nurses at the bottom rung of the ladder. I never knew there was a much higher pay scale.

I was in England in 2014 and 2020. I was at Charingcross in 2014 and another near Fulham, the Chelsea and Westminster hospital in 2020. I personally did not use the hospital. I came back to Nigeria 2 days before the British lock down started on March 23.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
fxexperts:
Your country is a shithole, and a begging nation, that is why i used that term on you. and you are just too dumb to think you can advice people in a developed nation, while you are from a shithole country. I have people who are currently working as nurses and doctors in the UK and i now very well how much they use to earn here and how much they are earning there. they are practically living large, and they still have enough savings to build mansion over there in Nigeria. So don't tell me what you don't know.

In your quiet time, read my post again and be educated. Regards

4 Likes

Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Segzy19: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
Na WA o

abc115:
grin grin angry
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by fxexperts: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
phorget:
When you have over inflows of Nigerians there's definitely going to be what I call ”THE NIGERIAN FACTOR”.

Recently we've had Nigerians moving into the UK and things like bribery and corruption would definitely be in the increase and now we are about to have STRIKE one of Nigeria hallmark been exported to the UK.

Dont quote me please as I woke up with malaria this morning.
You are very correct, Nigerians with their shithole mentality just like Pocohantis above. That is all they know how to do. Recently i heard about some Nigerians in the UK bypassing electricity meter, just like they do in Nigeria. They don't want to pay their bills.

pocohantas:

In your quiet time, read my post again and be educated. Regards
I am very sure the people who orchestrated this strike in the UK are people with your kind of mentality. period. Typical Nigerians.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by alimiadedayo1: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

And can eat 2 square meals a day of severely malnourished, unbalanced diet of agbado and cassava and still be smiling at you. haba!

I reject it IJN.
I don't think you can go far in life if you cannot decipher my points
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by bluefilm: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
This is what happens when ASUU members migrate to become nurses in the UK.
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by cliqtips: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
Benrosaria:
Sorry it’s immigrant causing this as a result of karma metted on your colonial masters
I have that feelings too. Maybe na Naija people sef dey ginger dem for back door. grin grin grin
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by ngadaAwo: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Moh247:
Sapa everywhere
shatap what do you know
Re: UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment by Stanleyq: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
abc115:
grin grin angry
ɨʀʀɛʟɛʋaռt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report / 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital / Lady Trapped Inside Baby's Body: A Must Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.