Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization (465 Views)

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. / Is The Ghana Cedi Stronger Than The Naira? / The Effect Of Stabilization Clause In Petroleum Contracts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:11am On Nov 12, 2022
‘We Prophesy to the Cedi, Let the Cedi Stabilize’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams leads prayers

Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams, founder of Ghanaian church, Action Chapel International, has taken the woes of the Ghana cedi into prayer.

The local currency has become a major victim of an economic downturn that has been epitomized by massive depreciation against the US dollar, galloping inflation (currently at over 40%, with unofficial estimates as high as 142%), and the general rise in cost of living.

The cedi was recently ranked the world's worst performing currency of 2022.

The 'Papa' as he is known, however, believes that prayer is a good means of arresting and stabilizing the fast tumbling currency, aside from economic and political interventions.

in a recent video posted on his official twitter handle, Duncan-Williams implored his congregation to open their mouths and pray for the stability of the cedi. ''All things are possible to him that believes. I say all things are possible to him that believes. We speak to the cedi. We prophesy to the cedi. Let the cedi stabilize.''

''Open your mouths, Put your hands together. Speak to the cedi.. Open your mouths...Speak to the cedi. Stabilize it in prayer, in the name of Jesus'', the bishop bawled, in his sermon.

See video here:

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/We-prophesy-to-the-cedi-let-the-cedi-stabilize-Duncan-Williams-leads-prayers-1659776

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2022
Africans! cry cry cry

Speechless.....

I think God has a reason why he doesn't listen to our prayers, despite the fact that we worship him the most!

We always ask for stupid things!
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:16am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Africans! cry cry cry

Speechless.....

I think God has a reason why he doesn't listen to our prayers, despite the fact that we worship him the most!

We always ask for stupid things!

What's your problem?

The man is a bishop.

What other solution do you want him to suggest apart from prayer?

Did he tell you he was an economist or financial expert?

Abeg swerve. wink

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

What's your problem? The man is a bishop. What other solution do you want him to suggest apart from prayer?

Did he tell you he was an economist or financial expert?

Abeg swerve.

You just buttressed my point!

Praying for currency stabilization!

Where has that worked in the entire world?

What do you want God to do? Increase the value?

Even when God had giving you lots brains to take action, you still demand the most stupid things

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by omowolewa: 5:18am On Nov 12, 2022
Cedi needs prayers truly

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You just buttressed my point!

Praying for currency stabilization!

Where has that worked in the entire world?

What do you want God to do? Increase the value?

Even when God had giving you lots brains to take action, you still demand the most stupid things

Stop talking rubbish.

How does one bishop in Ghana represent all 1.2 billion ''AFRICANS''?

Get rid of your anti-African prejudice, or get lost from here.

I've not time for self-haters like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

Stop talking rubbish.

How does one bishop in Ghana represent all ''AFRICANS''?

Please don't go there!

Africans are known to be very foolish with religion, and it is not a contestable fact!
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:23am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Please don't go there!

Africans are known to be very foolish with religion, and it is not a contestable fact!

Europeans and Arabs slaughtered millions of people over religion. Ever heard of the Crusades and the Inquisition and the Jihads?

Africans are still learners where it concerns religious foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

Europeans and Arabs slaughtered millions of people over religion. Ever heard of the Crusades and the Inquisition and the Jihads?

Africans are still learners where it concerns religious stupidity.

So now you have to refer to 1050 CE?

Let me accept that happened, and is that why we are still stock in those dark ages?

If Africans are learners, which other continent surpasses them?

This lots will ask God for anything! They spend more time praying that critically thinking and why you will observe that they always fall into same ditch. Repetitive ditches
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by QuotaSystem: 5:29am On Nov 12, 2022
40% inflation. 140% unofficial. My goodness.

The global economic headwinds touched everybody.

A clear message to self-deprecating Nigeria/Buhari bashers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:35am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

So now you have to refer to 1050 CE?

Oh, ok, let's get more recent then.

George W Bush was quoted as saying that the christian god told him to invade Iraq and kill a million people:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-6262644.html

Now tell me what is crazier and more foolish - a bishop praying for currency stabilization, or a president killing a million people on the alleged orders of God.

This lots will ask God for anything! They spend more time praying that critically thinking and why you will observe that they always fall into same ditch. Repetitive ditches

Just shut your little trap spilling worthless trash.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

Oh, ok, let's get more recent then.

George W Bush was quoted as saying that the christian god told him to invade Iraq and kill a million people:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-6262644.html

Now tell me what is crazier and more foolish - a bishop praying for currency stabilization, or a president killing a million people on the alleged orders of God.

Just shut your little trap spilling worthless trash.

Stop spewing beer parlour gibberish here, you are talking to an enlightened person!

Did God tell the 100 members of the US senate?

Did Bush solely declare war, or at the approval and backing of senate? You stated like he claimed God told him and he started the war!

Americans can never be that foolish! They deliberate on issues and reach conclusion! Its a democracy in USA for crying out loud!
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:43am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Stop spewing beer parlour gibberish here, you are talking to an enlightened person!

Did God tell the 100 members of the US senate?

Did Bush solely declare war, or at the approval and backing of senate? You stated like he claimed God told him and he started the war!

Americans can never be that foolish! They deliberate on issues and reach conclusion! Its a democracy in USA for crying out loud!

Dude, is you head correct at all?

You said Africans are foolish over religion, so I just showed you a white US president saying that God told him to kill a million people in Iraq, and you're talking rubbish about the senate. What senate? They were lied to by Bush and his henchmen, that Sadaam Hussein possessed WMDs. So of course they supported the enterprise.

Mumu with slave mentality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

Dude, is you head correct at all?

You said Africans are foolish over religions I just showed you the US president saying that God told him to kill a million people in Iraq, and you're talking rubbish about the senate. What senate?

Mumu with slave mentality.

Seems you have a problem with English language!

I am telling you that, was he stupid to have used conviction to go into a war even though he claimed to have heard from God?

That's the difference between Africans and the rest of the world when it comes to religion!

They worship God too and same time critically think!

Not Africa where they ask everything from God as if their brains are switched off!
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:51am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Seems you have a problem with English language!

I am telling you that, was he stupid to have used conviction to go into a war even though he claimed to have heard from God?

That's the difference between Africans and the rest of the world when it comes to religion!

They worship God too and same time critically think!

Not Africa where they ask everything from God as if their brains are switched off!

You are a mumu and a slave of the first order to somehow find a way to make mass murderers who slaughtered 1 million people in cold blood the ''critical thinkers'', with their ''brains switched on''.

So Bush spoke to God who asked him to kill 1 million people, and then he retreated into the White House to ''critically'' organise with his ''switched on brain'' the mass slaughter.

You must be Hitler's grandson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

You are a mumu and a slave of the first order to somehow find a way to make mass murderers who slaughtered 1 million people in cold blood the ''critical thinkers''.

So Bush spoke to God who asked him to kill 1 million people, and then he retreated into the White House to ''critically'' organise the mass slaughter.

You have a big problem with English language and not able to comprehend and decode my point!

Where did I support the war in Iraq? Can you please outline?

You lack the skills to debate as you cannot isolate subject matter in our discussion.

What was I pointing out and where are you going to?

Is English your first language?

Seems you spent years in the village before moving to the city, cos I can tell you have a foundation problem with English language.
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:57am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You have a big problem with English language and not able to comprehend and decode my point!

Where did I support the war in Iraq? Can you please outline?

You lack the skills to debate as you cannot isolate subject matter in our discussion.

What was I pointing out and where are you going to?

Is English your first language?

Seems you spent years in the village before moving to the city, cos I can tell you have a foundation problem with English language.

Funny bloke. Is this how you react when you've been made to look an ass? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 5:59am On Nov 12, 2022
QuotaSystem:
40% inflation. 140% unofficial. My goodness.

The global economic headwinds touched everybody.

A clear message to self-deprecating Nigeria/Buhari bashers.

I bet many Nigerians in Ghana have started returning to the 'zoo' to avoid starving there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:01am On Nov 12, 2022
Napata77:

You are a mumu and a slave of the first order to somehow find a way to make mass murderers who slaughtered 1 million people in cold blood the ''critical thinkers'', with their ''brains switched on''.

So Bush spoke to God who asked him to kill 1 million people, and then he retreated into the White House to ''critically'' organise with his ''switched on brain'' the mass slaughter.

Lol

Please avoid that clown with his slave mentality

He has been brainwashed to believe the western world are everything

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Napata77: 6:05am On Nov 12, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Lol

Please avoid that clown with his slave mentality

He has been brainwashed to believe the western world are everything

The sad thing is there are so many like him. They don't even think through their subservience. It's reflexive. Whatever the whites do is ok and what blacks do is always bad. Their heads have been wired that way. smiley
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Okoroawusa: 6:06am On Nov 12, 2022
Religion is a scam
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by Righthussle: 6:11am On Nov 12, 2022
Ignorance na bad thing oo.
Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by JoeNL22(m): 6:12am On Nov 12, 2022
Peter Omoluabi n bọ
Peter Obi na-abia
Peter Ahmed yana zuwa
Peter Obi arrive
Peter Obi dey cum
Peter Obi is cumin

Re: Ghanaian Archbishop Orders Congregation To Pray For Cedi Stabilization by techWriter1: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2022
Cedi must blessings truly

(1) (Reply)

7 Dropshipping Business Ideas (dropshipping Ideas To Try In 2023) / Tax Clearance Certificate Now Easy To Obtain — FIRS / Court Awards Honeywell N‎72.2 Billion Damages Against Ecobank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.