Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) (62926 Views)

Please Help Me, MTN Is Milking Me. Pictures Updated / Pls Help! This Numbers Has Been Flashing Me Since Yesterday Night / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by gommez: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2022
priceactionx:
They are scammers. It is called one ring, where they call numbers and immediately disconnect with hopes that curious people will return the call. The scammers use phone numbers bought on the dark web that they use to ring other numbers.
The aim of the scam is to encourage those who get a missed call to ring the number, after which they will be ripped off as the call will be re-routed to premium rate number overseas & will be subsequently billed exorbitant sums for listening to pre-recorded messages.
Then they get heavily paid as a commission for referring people to a premium call rates that likely pinch adverts to the listeners.
i wil like to know, if they flash me n i cal back , what is really going to happen to my airtime on d phone, can they wipe out my money from d bank
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2022
gommez:
i wil like to know, if they flash me n i cal back , what is really going to happen to my airtime on d phone, can they wipe out my money from d bank
Nothing can happen to your bank account as long you don't unconsciously install a malware to your phone or laptop.
I have picked their calls several times when it's coincidence especially if I am pressing the phone and their calls enter. but me I never call back.
But for your airtime, sorry ooo. You will likely loose it. Your credit will be routed to a software that will convert it to trick the advertisers that they are advertising to a potential customer. The person that calls you get commission in foreign currency.
Think about it this way, you know that there are many services you can use to convert your airtime to cash back. Then you will understand its possible. Its all dark web. That's how I understand.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Mercury12(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2022
Hmmm scammers everywhere with different tactics
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by ambitiouschap17: 8:42am On Nov 13, 2022
Same here.
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2022
Mine have been from Serbia mostly
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2022
One even flashed me last night
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Goahead(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2022
It's a scam called One Ring Scam
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by AdemolaA2: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Same thing happens to me …
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Kobicove(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2022
It's probably from scammers
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by GorillaApp(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
EbukaTheDrugLor:
Nothing at all..

When I joined, in order to maximize the number of referrals, I ran an advert online..so I got over 500 people from different countries...these people now try to reach me to ask how far about PunkPanda, so when the call doesn't go through, it drops a flash for me.

How did I know this? The number I used to register with PunkPanda is the number I use for subscription only..so I have not been receiving calls on it until I started this PunkPanda thing
What's the punkpanda all about bro
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
Celebrityblog:
Please help!! Foreign numbers from Algeria, Mozambique, Serbia, Benin, Angola, and several other countries keep flashing me. Different numbers oooo.

If i block them, another will flash after some days.
What do they really want?

Who has experienced this before pls?

Don't you want to be a celebrity anymore?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by owobokiri(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
priceactionx:
They are scammers. It is called "one ring", where they call numbers and immediately disconnect with hopes that curious people will return the call. The scammers use phone numbers bought on the dark web that they use to call other numbers.
The aim of the scam is to encourage those who get a missed call to call the number, after which they will be ripped off as the call will be re-routed to premium rate number overseas & will be subsequently billed exorbitant sums for listening to pre-recorded messages.
Then they get heavily paid as a commission for referring people to a premium call rates that likely pinch adverts to the listeners.

Oh Chim ooo

2 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Itisallright: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
Scammer everywhere.... your credit balance will be wiped off if you try to call back

3 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
Put your phone in a microwave and steam for 2 minutes. It will activate auto block on your phone
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by BannedUser: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
You shouldn't complain if you're a member of crypto, money making or investment Telegram groups.

1 Like

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by odimbannamdi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
EbukaTheDrugLor:
Nothing at all..

When I joined, in order to maximize the number of referrals, I ran an advert online..so I got over 500 people from different countries...these people now try to reach me to ask how far about PunkPanda, so when the call doesn't go through, it drops a flash for me.

How did I know this? The number I used to register with PunkPanda is the number I use for subscription only..so I have not been receiving calls on it until I started this PunkPanda thing

What is PunkPanda?

Aaaaaaah! I forgot Google is my friend! Let me speak with my friend. But I will still appreciate your response though.

Thanks
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by nedekid: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
Those are premium rate numbers. You can get one online. Fix your price eg $2.50 per minute.
Once someone calls the number he pays 2.50 per minute. The telecoms company shares it with you.
The idea then is to attract calls to that line.
So the scammer flashes so many people and when they call back he makes money the longer he keeps you online.
That is why when you call the number your hear teleprompter etc.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Lightorder: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Oga , why US no dey flash you??

1 Like

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Treasuredgift(f): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Imagine fa
Sha, december is here.....and money must be made. They are on aggressive scamming spree now, so they can travel to their villages to show off during Christmas.
No matter what folks, don't return those calls.

I blocked one yesterday, when he tried convincing me to send money for a helpless child, so he can in return credit me 50k. The scammer shock me.
Habah, oga scammer, respect my age.
How can I send money to you, so you can inturn send a bigger amount to me. Why dont you just credit the supposed account directly.

They must really think that everyone in Nigeria is a foo*l.

NB: well, I can't blame people who fall into scam. Even in my mind, I was already making plans for the 50k, he promised to credit me with. (I done enter market in my mind sef, dey price tins and tins) Until I suddenly remembered that I was suppose to credit his account first to get mine.

I am still in a perhaps mood lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

8 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Interesting thread
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by odimbannamdi(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
priceactionx:
They are scammers. It is called "one ring", where they call numbers and immediately disconnect with hopes that curious people will return the call. The scammers use phone numbers bought on the dark web that they use to call other numbers.
The aim of the scam is to encourage those who get a missed call to call the number, after which they will be ripped off as the call will be re-routed to premium rate number overseas & will be subsequently billed exorbitant sums for listening to pre-recorded messages.

Interesting!

5 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by ufuosman(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
Same here
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2022
Na Slawomirr, the Damn Niggarrr dey call you so.

If you know, you know.

4 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Akpacha(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
I thought I am the only victim of that.

1 Like

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by FLYFIRE(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
nedekid:
Those are premium rate numbers. You can get one online. Fix you price eg $2.50 per minute.
Once someone calls the number he pays 2.50 per minute. The telecoms company shares it with you.
The idea then is to attract calls to that line.
So the scarmer flashes so many people and when they call back he makes money the longer he keeps you online.
That is why when you call the number your hear teleprompter etc.
Hmm, this is a brilliant exposure bro, thank you

10 Likes

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by TUTU147: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
The most annoying thing is the late night flash,is very very annoying.

1 Like

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by ybalogs(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2022
Japa calling
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Fut9ure: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
Look at the comments above it is obvious most nairaland members nor know anything.

They too dull

Those things are a result of network problems
Okay
Na glo dey do am pass
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by kwasoly(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
Celebrityblog:
Please help!! Foreign numbers from Algeria, Mozambique, Serbia, Benin, Angola, and several other countries keep flashing me. Different numbers oooo.

Scammers
Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by 2Radii: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
Even me self, especially on my old MTN sim

1 Like

Re: All These Foreign Numbers That Keep Flashing Me!!!!! (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
Celebrityblog:

Mesef don tire ooo. So difrent nos dey flash me ooo. What do you think could be their intent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Phones Under N90,000 In Nigeria (February 2020) / MTN Just Won't Stop. (screenshot) / Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.