Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church (436 Views)

Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Pastor Stopped From Conducting Naming Ceremony In Ondo Over Coronavirus / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by berbs: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
Good day to us all. I got a gist that they do not conduct Burial ceremony in Pentecostal churches. Is that true? If yes, why? Also, why do churches bill the children or family of the dead Thanks.
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
berbs:
Good day to us all. I got a gist that they do not conduct Burial ceremony in Pentecostal churches. Is that true? If yes, why? Also, why do churches bill the children or family of the dead Thanks.
These churches are businesses that offer their services to you for a price - they are run by men- so expect to pay if you want to take advantage of services offered. undecided
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by berbs: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
These churches are businesses that offer their services to you for a price - they are run by men- so expect to pay if you want to take advantage of services offered. undecided

But does it not make sense to come out clean and name price instead of dilly dallying
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
berbs:
But does it not make sense to come out clean and name price instead of dilly dallying
There are no set legal business rules in these things. undecided
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by Richy4(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
I don't understand what you mean by conduct burial ceremony in Pentecostal churches...

If you mean bringing the corpse inside the church premises, then yes..
Based on my experiences, some churches don't allow it... But they usually help in conducting funeral services at the deceased resident...
The Church I dislike so much in the way they treat the dead is Winners Chapel..
<<You will see a valued member of the church, probably a chorister or a sanctuary keeper...

<< When the individual dies, u will hardly know.. they will totally hide everything about that as if people don't die... they will just send a junior pastor to go and officiate the funeral... Some times they deliberately schedule pastors meeting on that day as an excuse not to show up... As if to say, yea, he/ she is dead and of no use to us anymore..

<< What I typed here was what I witnessed as a member Wayback in my University days while in Nigeria.. it was heart wrenching..
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by berbs: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
Richy4:
I don't understand what you mean by conduct burial ceremony in Pentecostal churches...

If you mean bringing the corpse inside the church premises, then yes..
Based on my experiences, some churches don't allow it... But they usually help in conducting funeral services at the deceased resident...
The Church I dislike so much in the way they treat the dead is Winners Chapel..
<<You will see a valued member of the church, probably a chorister or a sanctuary keeper...

<< When the individual dies, u will hardly know.. they will totally hide everything about that as if people don't die... they will just send a junior pastor to go and officiate the funeral... Some times they deliberately schedule pastors meeting on that day as an excuse not to show up... As if to say, yea, he/ she is dead and of no use to us anymore..

<< What I typed here was what I witnessed as a member Wayback in my University days while in Nigeria.. it was heart wrenching..

This is really disturbing. We all must die someday because it's a debt we must all pay.
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
berbs:
This is really disturbing. We all must die someday because it's a debt we must all pay.
No be only churches dey offer burial service now. So why pretend say church matter na do or die abeg? undecided
Re: Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
berbs:

The day Jesus of Nazareth died on the torture stake he has paid for all obedient mankind so we are anticipating that day when God's Kingdom will come and bring an end to death {Isaiah 25:8} by that time whoever believes in Jesus and is still alive will never have to die at all {John 11:25-26} when God's Kingdom comes pain, death, mourning and outcry will be no more! Revelations 21:3-4

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Love Are Of God / 5 Lifestyle Habits of Abundant People / Jesus IS God If You Are Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.