Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:55 AM

Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos (6491 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Gombe After Parents Refuse Choice Of Wife (graphic Pic) / Vulcanizer Commits Suicide In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by itiswell1(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2011
A police officer reportedly committed suicide right inside the station, in Lagos last weekend.
Police officers at Adeniji Adele Division and the Federal Special Anti- Robbery Squad (FSARS), Adeniji Adele Annex Headquarters, Lagos, were shocked when Corporal Emmanuel Nduka (force number 394199), attached to the Division, shot himself.

Emma, as he was fondly called, was said to have killed himself with a gun assigned to him. The deceased was found lying in the pool of his own blood while the AK 47 rifle he used laid beside him.
People, who wanted to catch a glimpse of the deceased, besieged the police station and FSARS office.
One of his colleagues (name withheld) claimed that the deceased was behaving very funny, as he was very restless shortly before he killed himself.

The source claimed that he asked what the problem was from him and he disclosed that he had a financial problem.
“Emma was behaving very funny on the fateful day and I inquired what the problem was, he said nothing at first. I persuaded him to reveal the secret he disclosed that he had a financial problem. He was shaking his head continually and biting his fingers until I heard the sound of gunshot,” he alleged.
Another of his colleagues, who pleaded anonymity, condemned his action, alleging that the victim probably had a family problem at home.
The policemen attached to the Division had moved the body to Isolo General Hospital morgue while investigations into the case were ongoing.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Samuel Jinadu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police could not be reached on phone to confirm the story.
In another development, the police authority had demobbed 1, 000 Mobile Force Policemen (MPF) attached to MOPOL 20 and 22 Squadrons.

MOPOL 20 had about eight units demobbed. Each unit contains 63 men. Two units each were deployed to Ekiti, Kogi, Eket and Aba. Over 450 were demobbed from MOPOL 22
The authority, according to investigation, was obeying the directives of the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim, who ordered that only 650 policemen should remain in each squadron in the country.
Meanwhile, the police had also introduced more Inspectorate ranks. Now there would be inspector on probation to hang only one bar, after which the officer would be elevated to confirmed inspector and would hang one bar and one miniature.

The next rank is senior inspector, which will be identified with two bars while principal inspector will have two bars and one miniature. assistant chief inspector will hang three bars while deputy chief inspector will hang three bars and one miniature, while chief inspector will hang four bars.
A police source disclosed that those that would be mostly affected by the ranking system were the senior inspectors who failed their examinations to the rank of assistant superintendent of police (ASP).
A police source in Abuja disclosed if such an officer fails his examination, he would only be promoted to a senior inspector instead of ASP.
Daily Sun also learnt that such an officer would be given the second chance and if he could not pass the examination, he would pass through the ranks until he succeeds to become a chief inspector.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/24/national-24-08-2011-005.html
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by slex(m): 7:29am On Aug 24, 2011
better themselves than innocent people they kill everyday angry
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by violent(m): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2011
Woe betide this country!  . . . .where police aren't well compensated and left exposed to depressing financial mishaps!
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by debedebe(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2011
This is a curse,they shall surely pay 4 d ransome of d 2
naira d collect frm innocent pple.
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by strangest(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2011
Law of Karma.,.,.,.,
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by ebogentle(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2011
How insensitive of you guys. I know that the police may have given us a raw deal in Nigeria but the rank and file are as much victims as you and I are. Where is your empathy? For God's sake some one commited suicide. Haba!!!!!
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Tjluv: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2011
violent:

Woe betide this country!  . . . .where police aren't well compensated and left exposed to depressing financial mishaps!

Better renumeration is never a solution to depressing financial problems. May his soul R.I.P
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by itiswell1(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2011
R.I.P Corporal Emmanuel Nduka.
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by itiswell1(m): 8:18am On Aug 24, 2011
I won't be surprised if it is later discovered that this man did not commit suicide. This type of suicide would have better with pistol rather than AK 47. Well, it is well
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by hajifaty: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2011
may he rest in peace but only if he has never killed an innocent soul becos of 20naira. Pple dey suffer for nigeria ooo. i don tired for this naija
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by komek(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2011
He who kills by the gun dies by d gun, who knows. What kind of financial problem does he have dat wil make him take his life that he did not create. Abi na nemesis don catch up with am. Shey they have other ways of making money apart frm their salaries. Thank God he killed himself and not another person. RIP
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Yeske2(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2011
So sad. RIP
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2011
karma is a b.itch,divine retributive justice,
Nigerian Police men often die horrid deaths,is it because of the injustice,the merciless killings,the inhumanity.?
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by logica(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2011
it is well:

I won't be surprised if it is later discovered that this man did not commit suicide. This type of suicide would have better with pistol rather than AK 47. Well, it is well
My exact thought. But it would probably never be discovered. Our cases in Nigeria are always "Open and Shut". Things are always as they seem. No investigation.
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by marcus1234: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by doctokwus: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2011
Case of accidental discharge
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by candylips(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2011
lol
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by cgift(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2011
doctokwus:

Case of accidental discharge

o bad gan
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by cicero(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2011
ebogentle:

How insensitive of you guys. I know that the police may have given us a raw deal in Nigeria but the rank and file are as much victims as you and I are. Where is your empathy? For God's sake some one commited suicide. Haba!!!!!

Agreed and besides, a lot of us behave like the police in our various offices proving that the police problem is not isolated but part of the decay in the society. Look at the behaviour of people in authority in government, oil companies like SPDC, private businesses etc. Imagine that these people start wearing police uniform and carry AK47s ?
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by beespak7(m): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2011
lwkmd other bad eggs in the force should please immitate the guy and follow his example
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by ogbongzky(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2011
Na wa ooo, no matter what, we still suppose to feel for this man oo. Anyway, RIP Oga police
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2011
Investigate, Na DPO kill am. Not easy to commit suicide with AK47 without ppl around coming to the rescue.
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by maxtop(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2011
ebogentle:

[b]Empathy[/b] ko, Storm ni , did you know how many people have turn to motherless and orphan. and when nemesis came dangling, we tends to show more remorse from nowhere. He who kill by the sword die by the sword.

debedebe:

This is a curse,they shall surely pay 4 d ransome of d 2
naira d collect frm innocent pple.

2nded jare ,
ehie:

karma is a b.itch,divine retributive justice,
Nigerian Police men often die horrid deaths,is it because of the injustice,the merciless killings,the inhumanity.?

That is the koko my broda form another mother.
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2011
hmmmm, this could easily have been murder but since they never investigate am sure they will just say suicide and close the case. I know we are supposed to feel some compassion but honestly its hard to feel anything but disdain for men in uniform in this Country. I certainly wouldn't mind if all the evil policemen and soldiers can start to follow him one by one
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by lexicon(m): 10:15am On Aug 24, 2011
sledjama:

Investigate, Na DPO kill am. Not easy to commit suicide with AK47 without ppl around coming to the rescue.

Exactly what am about to say. Its not too easy to commit suicide with AK47 considering the length. Only God know
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2011
Even if a motherf ucker commits suicide, there should be some empathy. More or less a policeman??
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Gluckdude(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2011
thank God the bastard is not on patrol, he might have shot few civilians before committing the supposed suicide, at least, not proven yet, cuz i wonder why person go use AK47 commit sucide instead of pistol, i confuss oo
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by zmurda(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2011
who de believe police?

dude was killed over money plain and simps. The Police Station should be investigated. I know there are no proper forensics in Naija, but let us see the picture of the dead man. where did the bullet enter and exit through? trajectory? fingerprints?

If we had proper journalists, they will follow up on this. . .
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by TPS360: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2011
Remember the these when we all use to joke that no nigerian will ever commit suicide? You can throw that outta window. Its becoming rampant these days.Even the faithfuls have limits!!!!
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by itiswell1(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2011
I still stand my ground. There is more to this. Suicide with AK 47? Na wa o
Re: Cop Commits Suicide In Lagos by Geomel: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2011
Lord Jesus save your children from any form of suicide and problems in Jesus name.AMEN
www.geomelgroup.org

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Kwara High Court Main Building / Phone Thief Beaten And Stripped Naked In Benin / Ogun Police Arrest 116 Suspected Gang Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.