Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? (23115 Views)

Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / ‘I Mistakenly Cheated On My Wife With Her Kid Sister’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Kingsean(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

I write this with a cloud of confusion over my head.

I have a kid sister, our last born who stays with my parents, she is well taken care of in every possible way, but appear to be the black sheep of the house, as she is extremely sturbbon and rebellious, need i say she is the last born of the family, which places her in the state of not wanting or lacking anything at all.

Anyways I will try my best in making this as brief as I can, my sister is notorious for being too trusty, emotional, a social media maniac ......I mean on several occasions she had been saved from ill fate of being kidnapped by ritualists, these episodes cants be shared here cos they are numerous, we as her family realizing these trend about her, placed a restriction on her movement, which implies she is not allowed seeing anyone we do not know or her making friends or visiting them without our knowing who they are.

Just on Saturday which is two days ago, she told us her girl friend ,(someone about 7 years older than she is, a single mother) is siçk, she seek visiting her, we okayed that, only to find out she had played us in other to visit someone she had met on Facebook far far away, she did came back same Saturday very late though.

Before then my mom had confronted the supposed sick lady only to find out all was a ....

Upon her return she was scolded......only for her to pick few of her stuffs and run away on Sunday, then we discovered , that somehow her girl friend to give us the phone number of the boy she had visited, she tipped us into believing she must have encouraged her to run away or maybe away of the stranger my sister might have ran to.

WE INTEND PICKING THE GIRL THIS MORNING WITH POLICE FOR QUESTIONING, BUT SOME OF MY SIBLINGS ARE INSISTING WE ALLOW MY SISTER BE AS SHE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR FREEDOM FOR LONG, INSISTING SHE WILL RUN AWAY SOMEDAY.

AM CONFUSED PLEASE, COS THIS IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING A DENT ON MY FAMILY

must you people control her life? A 24yr old has the right to choose her path in life. let her choose and make her understand that she must be ready to face the consequences on her own. it's simple. we have too many control freaks in Africa. haba!!! she is not an object or a steering wheel. at this stage of her life, she has the right to move away. she has blood rushing through her veins just like you. whoever would be bad would be bad. whoever would explore would still do it. you guys have frustrated the girl too much. if she was having peace of mind, running away from home wouldn't be her first option. you should have acted as a confidant. that way, she would take your advice. I have a very stubborn female cousin. she had issues with most of our family members except me and that's cos she sees me as a confidant. she tells me everything that she does. then I use that opportunity to redirect her steps. you can't use the same method for children on adults. get close to her and show her your human side. it may be too late already though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Exceed15: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

24? She's an adult however leave jare n let her learn in a hard way she'll soon come back like prodigal son . U v done your best .

1 Like

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nelbless(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

I have a kid sister, our last born who stays with my parents, she is well taken care of in every possible way, but appear to be the black sheep of the house, as she is extremely sturbbon and rebellious, need i say she is the last born of the family, which places her in the state of not wanting or lacking anything at all.

Anyways I will try my best in making this as brief as I can, my sister is notorious for being too trusty, emotional, a social media maniac ......I mean on several occasions she had been saved from ill fate of being kidnapped by ritualists, these episodes cants be shared here cos they are numerous, we as her family realizing these trend about her, placed a restriction on her movement, which implies she is not allowed seeing anyone we do not know or her making friends or visiting them without our knowing who they are.

Just on Saturday which is two days ago, she told us her girl friend ,(someone about 7 years older than she is, a single mother) is siçk, she seek visiting her, we okayed that, only to find out she had played us in other to visit someone she had met on Facebook far far away, she did came back same Saturday very late though.

Before then my mom had confronted the supposed sick lady only to find out all was a ....

Upon her return she was scolded......only for her to pick few of her stuffs and run away on Sunday, then we discovered , that somehow her girl friend to give us the phone number of the boy she had visited, she tipped us into believing she must have encouraged her to run away or maybe away of the stranger my sister might have ran to.

WE INTEND PICKING THE GIRL THIS MORNING WITH POLICE FOR QUESTIONING, BUT SOME OF MY SIBLINGS ARE INSISTING WE ALLOW MY SISTER BE AS SHE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR FREEDOM FOR LONG, INSISTING SHE WILL RUN AWAY SOMEDAY.

UPDATE :

I had taken my time to read divers comments here and must say a very big thank you to everyone here that had contributed 'CONSTRUCTIVELY' may none of you experience this episode, sure some may turn judgemental of this, but I pray no one experience this, cos we may be accused of spoiling her, neglecting her, over protecting her, not knowing the personality or full pictures....etc

SURE IT MAY APPEAR WEIRED PLACING A RESTRICTION ON A 24 YEAR OLD, BUT WHAT IS FAMILY FOR? SHE HAD BEEN RAPED, SHE HAD FALLEN INTO THE DEN OF KIDNAPPERS ON FOUR OCCASIONS ONLY FOR GOD TO INTERVANE...ON EACH OCCASSION AS THOUGH SHE IS MARKED FOR ....

ANYWAYS I HAD INVITED THE GIRL TO OUR FAMILY HOME, SHE CAME (COS MY LITTLE SISTER HAD BLACK LISTED THE NUMBERS OF EVERY MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY), AND SO RIGHT BEFORE US, HER FRIEND CALLED HER, ONLY FOR HER TO TELL HER THAT SHE HAD RAN LAST NIGHT, ITS A VERY LONG TALE, AND A VERY DIRTY ONE TO GO INTO...BUT I DO HAVE ONE ADVICE TO GIVE EVERYONE HERE, PARENTS OR SIBLINGS ....COS THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM HERE IS HER ADDICTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA, WHERE SHE MEETS FOLKS WHO SWEETS TALKS HER INTO LOVING THEM, THEN DEMAND FOR HER NUDE, WHICH SHE OBLIGES TO.

AND THEN FOR SOME REASONS THE PARTY CRASHES, AND SHE GOES EXTREMELY DEPRESSED AND EVEN MAKES SUICIDAL REMARKS, AND THE CIRCLE CONTINUES...

ANYONE CAN BLAME THE FAMILY, BUT MAY YOU NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CHILD AND HAVE A FAIR EXPERIENCE OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH.

INDEED ITS NO EASY TASK RAISING 'MOST GIRL CHILD'.

4 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
Zonefree:
There's nothing you or your family members can do again, your beloved sister has been dickmatized.

How do you guys even expect to cage a 24-year-old Nigerian girl
I wonder oooo
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Joevics(m): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Lol. Let her be. At 24, most people are living on their own. She will come back when she's seen plenty. Trying to get her back will only make her more distant. Your mum should just call her occasionally to know how she is.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by oluwaseyi0: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

24? shocked shocked shocked

and you are writing as if she is 15

you people are the problem, she is a fucking adult and you must be ready to admit that

stop been over intrusive

what the f*ck, you people chased her out

if you try any nonsense she will sue your Bleep!ng ass

bring police and you will be the one to sleep in cell

I'm sure in the next 1 or 2 years you people will start disturbing her about husband yet you people don't want to see her with anyone

You deserve all you are getting

Archaic set of family

5 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by FuckTheMod: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Lol
24 years old Nigerian girl that's SEXUALLY ACTIVE...

ORGAH, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME.

DOG WEY GO LOST NOR DEY HEAR HUNTER WHISTLE...

SOME LESSONS ARE BETTER LEARNT THE HARD WAY. LET HER LEARN HER LESSONS THE HARD WAY

JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE RECORDS FOR THINGS FOR FUTURE REFERENCES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
appishani1:

I think you should pity your parents.
I am well off my dear.
I have a well paying job in Abuja.
My parents are living in a best flat you can imagine.
The fact that you see me here doesn't mean I am as miserable and poor as you.
If you live in Abuja come to federal ministry of transport headquarters and see the grace of God. Just tell the security at the gate you want to see appi.

Poor man's mentality

This I am better than you mentality

U don't know if the person you are banting is bigger than you, everybody na big man for internet.. u dey live for FMOTH ,no be person get estate or is in charge of banana island

1 Like

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by azpekuliar: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

She is old enough to do what she wants and live with the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by oluwaseyi0: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
cocolacec:

The family should bring her back mandate her to bring in a suitor for marriage.

mandate to bring a suitor? just like that? grin grin grin

Where will she get the suitor, under the kitchen cabinet where she is usually caged or on top on the dining table

you never allow someone to date or mingle yet you want suitor, suitor ko suitor ni

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Sammy101111(m): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
If she is above 18 please it will be difficult because how you train a child matters ( you na done spoil her too much when she they small )
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by ezugegere(m): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

What is her level of education? At 24, she should be done with her first degree or about to.
Many 24 year olds are in their husband's houses.
Let her learn from the street... You can't cage her any longer

3 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Chosimba: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
One of the reasons some men say they don't want female children......When a female child wanna disgrace her family they go the extra mile.

Just seeing the headline alone I know her problem must be gbola related.

What kind of immature and Misogynistic comment is this?! Not to mention dumb beyond all reason.

All the ritual killers, armed robbers, kidnappers et al you see on TV, HOW MANY ARE FEMALE?!

You just look for any opportunity to use your ignorance to spew gender based hate.

3 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Discountsempai: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Abba114:
u are always a fan of promiscuous lifestyle pls fear god for once in your life

A 24 year old is an adult. If she does not know right from wrong there is nothing one can do.

Her mates are already working self....

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by triplechoice(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
How is a 24 year old "a kid sister"?

Inspite of age, you and your parents still think she is a child that needs protection?

Just get closer to her and treat like a friend and an adult . Once you do that, she would confide in you ,and then you would be in a better position to advise her.

She needs to be talked to and not caged or beaten.

5 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by shantti(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
When you called her kid sister, I thought u meant a 13 yr old girl, imagine my shock when I learnt she is a 24 yr old woman. At this stage, there is nothing you can do especially if she finds a way to start catering for her self

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Discountsempai: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

Oga, leave that woman alone. When she has finished dancing in the market place, she will remember her papa's house.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Gbeng30(m): 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
I'm sure she Don see something and she want to feel it, experience it... A young lady at that age love practical and freedom to mingle....you people just need to listen to her, advice her and befriend her or else you won't hear from her..
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by dododawa1: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2022
ADULT started from 18,and 24 years old girl should be in 300level by now.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

And this your sister is older than our last born but our last born no fit behave like this, infact that one is a core introvert with zero tolerance for being seen in public anyhow grin

Your sister is at that age where her clitoris is scratching her, from her behavior I know say that one na core extrovert and she see all of una as stombling block to her extrovert doings hence her frustration and actions, well since she has decided to go left, it's either the street gon keep her safe or hurt her but it's up to you to decide the roll you're gonna play in it cuz the thing be say pikin wey wan spoil go still spoil even if she's being locked inside a cage.

Follow your heart and treat the case with caution and understanding to bring a safe landing for both ends

I thank God for our last born, he has learnt a bit from experience and now one of the wisest in our family.

The only sure way of correcting this would have been to marry her out but I doubt if that can still be possible now she has eloped.

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by yeyebrity: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
Chosimba:

What kind of immature and Misogynistic comment is this?! Not to mention dumb beyond all reason.

All the ritual killers, armed robbers, kidnappers et al you see on TV, HOW MANY ARE FEMALE?!

You just look for any opportunity to use your ignorance to spew gender based hate.

Well said! Some people just like to spew trash.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by chris51(f): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
A 24 year old still living with parents is a child. Please go after your sister with the police.

If the police sees the person she is with, your job is done. It means if anything happens to your sister, he will be held responsible.

It's dangerous out there, protect her. With time she will realise her bad behaviour
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by chris51(f): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
chris51:
A 24 year old still living with parents is a child. Please go after your sister with the police.

If the police sees the person she is with, your job is done. It means if anything happens to your sister, he will be held responsible.

It's dangerous out there, protect her. With time she will realise her bad behaviour
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by dododawa1: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
One of the reasons some men say they don't want female children......When a female child wanna disgrace her family they go the extra mile.

Just seeing the headline alone I know her problem must be gbola related.
Female children are d BEST, if you train them well and wish God grace.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by godofuck231: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
as far as she communicates and isn't missing in the sense of not communicating let her be , she of age , her mates are married or living alone by now , you guys are overstepping your boundaries and this has made her become the rebel in the tribe , give her some slack , report to the divisional police station and relax kn the restraints

1 Like

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Juoflife1(f): 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
She is 24. She is an adult. Tell her to introduce the man to the family. Your family should give their blessings if they want to be together. There is nothing you can do about it than guide her to make the right choice. You should be worried if your sis doesn't have a bf at this age. How can you scold a 24yr old woman because she has a bf? Nawaoo.

1 Like

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Spiff20(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
At 24 she's behaving like a teen who just got into the world of social media. Some people are going to be babes forever. JUST pray for her safety. By the time that guy knack the life out of her puani, gives her two kids and abandons her, she'll learn. But if you can find her, take her to a monastery. Or trick her into believing her mum is dying when she returns, send am to Covent make them chain her two legs.

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by alizma: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

If you know where she is, contact the guy to know that you are aware she is with him, there after talk to your sister, like asking how she is and when is she coming back. Also advise her to take good care of her self.
All these may sound foolish but from what you say, someone need to play along with her to know what she truly want for herself. Unfortunately you didn't tell us her age which is key to necessary advise but in all, someone need to know what is going on in her head and you can't know that by standing outrightly against her.
Lest I forget, the person who said if you pick her with police now, she will run again is 101% correct.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Spiff20(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
dododawa1:
ADULT started from 18,and 24 years old girl should be in 300level by now.
300 level abi serving her father's land under NYSC.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nelbless(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
Juoflife1:
She is 24. She is an adult. Tell her to introduce the man to the family. Your family should give their blessings if they want to be together. There is nothing you can do about it than guide her to make the right choice. You should be worried if your sis doesn't have a bf at this age. How can you scold a 24yr old woman because she has a bf? Nawaoo.

I thank you so dearly

True picture of the situation can't be shared here, I made my post as brief as I can, moreover in the comment section I had made an update on the present situation.

Which can be seen below as well, my sister just pray not to have a rebellious child, just pray......we ain't an illiterate bunch here with no knowledge on human development etc as everyone here is crying....

UPDATE :

I had taken my time to read divers comments here and must say a very big thank you to everyone here that had contributed 'CONSTRUCTIVELY' may none of you experience this episode, sure some may turn judgemental of this, but I pray no one experience this, cos we may be accused of spoiling her, neglecting her, over protecting her, not knowing the personality or full pictures....etc

UPDATE

ANYWAYS I HAD INVITED THE GIRL TO OUR FAMILY HOME, SHE CAME (COS MY LITTLE SISTER HAD BLACK LISTED THE NUMBERS OF EVERY MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY), AND SO RIGHT BEFORE US, HER FRIEND CALLED HER, ONLY FOR HER TO TELL HER THAT SHE HAD RAN LAST NIGHT, ITS A VERY LONG TALE, AND A VERY DIRTY ONE TO GO INTO...BUT I DO HAVE ONE ADVICE TO GIVE EVERYONE HERE, PARENTS OR SIBLINGS ....COS THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM HERE IS HER ADDICTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA, WHERE SHE MEETS FOLKS WHO SWEETS TALKS HER INTO LOVING THEM, THEN DEMAND FOR HER NUDE, WHICH SHE OBLIGES TO.

AND THEN FOR SOME REASONS THE PARTY CRASHES, AND SHE GOES EXTREMELY DEPRESSED AND EVEN MAKES SUICIDAL REMARKS, AND THE CIRCLE CONTINUES...

ANYONE CAN BLAME THE FAMILY, BUT MAY YOU NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CHILD AND HAVE A FAIR EXPERIENCE OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH.

INDEED ITS NO EASY TASK RAISING 'MOST GIRL
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Germi9: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
She probably found an elder brother in another guy undecided

1 Like

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Invest4growth: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pray for her and counsel her. Let her know that outside world is both deadly and juicy. She can choose which path she prefers. All she does is by her choice. Just note the date. We pray all ends well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us / Lady Calls Out Sister's Husband Who Married Another Lady After Visiting Ghana / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.