Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? (23118 Views)

Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / ‘I Mistakenly Cheated On My Wife With Her Kid Sister’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by doneback04: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

I write this with a cloud of confusion over my head.

I have a kid sister, our last born who stays with my parents, she is well taken care of in every possible way, but appear to be the black sheep of the house, as she is extremely sturbbon and rebellious, need i say she is the last born of the family, which places her in the state of not wanting or lacking anything at all.

Anyways I will try my best in making this as brief as I can, my sister is notorious for being too trusty, emotional, a social media maniac ......I mean on several occasions she had been saved from ill fate of being kidnapped by ritualists, these episodes cants be shared here cos they are numerous, we as her family realizing these trend about her, placed a restriction on her movement, which implies she is not allowed seeing anyone we do not know or her making friends or visiting them without our knowing who they are.

Just on Saturday which is two days ago, she told us her girl friend ,(someone about 7 years older than she is, a single mother) is siçk, she seek visiting her, we okayed that, only to find out she had played us in other to visit someone she had met on Facebook far far away, she did came back same Saturday very late though.

Before then my mom had confronted the supposed sick lady only to find out all was a ....

Upon her return she was scolded......only for her to pick few of her stuffs and run away on Sunday, then we discovered , that somehow her girl friend to give us the phone number of the boy she had visited, she tipped us into believing she must have encouraged her to run away or maybe away of the stranger my sister might have ran to.

WE INTEND PICKING THE GIRL THIS MORNING WITH POLICE FOR QUESTIONING, BUT SOME OF MY SIBLINGS ARE INSISTING WE ALLOW MY SISTER BE AS SHE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR FREEDOM FOR LONG, INSISTING SHE WILL RUN AWAY SOMEDAY.

AM CONFUSED PLEASE, COS THIS IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING A DENT ON MY FAMILY

Everything that is happening is from you guys, I guess you people allow her to be expose on social media on a very early age, now from what you said she is 24years and you think u can hold her captive because only thing she see on social media and the kind of conservation she do with her friends is enough reason for her to run away, she feels u guys don't want her to enjoy her life or get exposed to things outside the world.
I pray she realized her senses before it to late, because the men outside is waiting to eat fresh meat once they see any loose one outside.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by faithfull18(f): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Isn't she working or something I hope she doesn't learn the hard way. She should get married before eloping.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Germi9: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
One of the reasons some men say they don't want female children......When a female child wanna disgrace her family they go the extra mile.

Just seeing the headline alone I know her problem must be gbola related.
I share that sentiment of not wanting a female child cos wetin i see for my younger sister hand, from one problem to another ,it was like a curse on her
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by lomprico(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

She ain't a kid anymore na.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by sonofElElyon: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2022
TUANKU:
Involve the Police ASAP don't listen to those people asking to let her be. We all do stupid things when we are young. Go get your sister bro.

She's 24. Police can't do anything. They can only try to talk sense into her and pray for her
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Menclothing: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2022
Age 24 she is mature for hoeing
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Streetmovement(m): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

I thank God for our last born, he has learnt a bit from experience and now one of the wisest in our family.

The only sure way of correcting this would have been to marry her out but I doubt if that can still be possible now she has eloped.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Hmmm marrying her out, it would have been better for someone who's willing and ready cuz that girl wey you see so no dey ready for that kind settlement now because she's still trying to figure out a lot of things socially, emotionally, mentally and physically, let's just say she's still testing the waters. So marrying her out is a no no from where I stand.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Ofemmanu1: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Ashawo dey her eyes.
If she continue like this, it's either she end up in Libya or yahoo boys..
Whichever way, it's a Loss.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nelbless(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2022
Germi9:

I share that sentiment of not wanting a female child cos wetin i see for my younger sister hand, from one problem to another ,it was like a curse on her

NOT EASY FRIEND.

I HAVE TWO OTHER SISTERS, THEY ARE HAPPILY MARRIED....FUNNY ENOUGH THEY ARE NOT AS TENSED AS I AM AS THEY SAID THEY KNOW SHE WILL RUN AWAY SOMEDAY AS THEY SENSE SHE JUST SEEK TO BE DIFFERENT FROM EVERY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY, THEREBY TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF THE FAMILY VIS HER ACTIONS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
aisha1314:

If she's 24 then she has every right to run away if she wants to. At her age it's not even called running away it's called "flying the nest" or leaving home to become independent. There's no need to involve the police. She's an adult she can go wherever she wants whenever she wants. She's not running away because only teenagers run away, not adults, she's simply exercising her right to freedom of movement. I can't imagine a 24 year old has to lying in order to be allowed to go out and then being scolded upon coming back. Just let her go. She's more than old enough to move out and live her own life anyway.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

I have a kid sister, our last born who stays with my parents, she is well taken care of in every possible way, but appear to be the black sheep of the house, as she is extremely sturbbon and rebellious, need i say she is the last born of the family, which places her in the state of not wanting or lacking anything at all.

Anyways I will try my best in making this as brief as I can, my sister is notorious for being too trusty, emotional, a social media maniac ......I mean on several occasions she had been saved from ill fate of being kidnapped by ritualists, these episodes cants be shared here cos they are numerous, we as her family realizing these trend about her, placed a restriction on her movement, which implies she is not allowed seeing anyone we do not know or her making friends or visiting them without our knowing who they are.

Just on Saturday which is two days ago, she told us her girl friend ,(someone about 7 years older than she is, a single mother) is siçk, she seek visiting her, we okayed that, only to find out she had played us in other to visit someone she had met on Facebook far far away, she did came back same Saturday very late though.

Before then my mom had confronted the supposed sick lady only to find out all was a ....

Upon her return she was scolded......only for her to pick few of her stuffs and run away on Sunday, then we discovered , that somehow her girl friend to give us the phone number of the boy she had visited, she tipped us into believing she must have encouraged her to run away or maybe away of the stranger my sister might have ran to.

WE INTEND PICKING THE GIRL THIS MORNING WITH POLICE FOR QUESTIONING, BUT SOME OF MY SIBLINGS ARE INSISTING WE ALLOW MY SISTER BE AS SHE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR FREEDOM FOR LONG, INSISTING SHE WILL RUN AWAY SOMEDAY.

Make una leave am make she go enjoy preeq small, when she taya she go come back. Cuz if she know say una dey look after am, she go dey mumu anyhow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
Streetmovement:

And this your sister is older than our last born but our last born no fit behave like this, infact that one is a core introvert with zero tolerance for being seen in public anyhow grin

Your sister is at that age where her clitoris is scratching her, from her behavior I know say that one na core extrovert and she see all of una as stombling block to her extrovert doings hence her frustration and actions, well since she has decided to go left, it's either the street gon keep her safe or hurt her but it's up to you to decide the roll you're gonna play in it cuz the thing be say pikin wey wan spoil go still spoil even if she's being locked inside a cage.

Follow your heart and treat the case with caution and understanding to bring a safe landing for both ends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by wirinet(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:

UPDATE :

I had taken my time to read divers comments here and must say a very big thank you to everyone here that had contributed 'CONSTRUCTIVELY' may none of you experience this episode, sure some may turn judgemental of this, but I pray no one experience this, cos we may be accused of spoiling her, neglecting her, over protecting her, not knowing the personality or full pictures....etc

SURE IT MAY APPEAR WEIRED PLACING A RESTRICTION ON A 24 YEAR OLD, BUT WHAT IS FAMILY FOR? SHE HAD BEEN RAPED, SHE HAD FALLEN INTO THE DEN OF KIDNAPPERS ON FOUR OCCASIONS ONLY FOR GOD TO INTERVANE...ON EACH OCCASSION AS THOUGH SHE IS MARKED FOR ....

ANYWAYS I HAD INVITED THE GIRL TO OUR FAMILY HOME, SHE CAME (COS MY LITTLE SISTER HAD BLACK LISTED THE NUMBERS OF EVERY MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY), AND SO RIGHT BEFORE US, HER FRIEND CALLED HER, ONLY FOR HER TO TELL HER THAT SHE HAD RAN LAST NIGHT, ITS A VERY LONG TALE, AND A VERY DIRTY ONE TO GO INTO...BUT I DO HAVE ONE ADVICE TO GIVE EVERYONE HERE, PARENTS OR SIBLINGS ....COS THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM HERE IS HER ADDICTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA, WHERE SHE MEETS FOLKS WHO SWEETS TALKS HER INTO LOVING THEM, THEN DEMAND FOR HER NUDE, WHICH SHE OBLIGES TO.

AND THEN FOR SOME REASONS THE PARTY CRASHES, AND SHE GOES EXTREMELY DEPRESSED AND EVEN MAKES SUICIDAL REMARKS, AND THE CIRCLE CONTINUES...

ANYONE CAN BLAME THE FAMILY, BUT MAY YOU NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CHILD AND HAVE A FAIR EXPERIENCE OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH.

INDEED ITS NO EASY TASK RAISING 'MOST GIRL CHILD'.

The fault is from your parents. They raised her wrong. They spoilt her silly so much so she has to much idle time on her hands. As they say the idle mind is the devils workshop. At 24 what is she doing? She should be rounding up school, learning a skill/trade or hustling to make a life for herself, but instead she is sleeping in her father's house, wasting away on social media 24/7 looking for love, adventure and excitement. I just hope she is not on drugs also.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Enumerator(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2022
cheesy
Zonefree:
There's nothing you or your family members can do again, your beloved sister has been dickmatized.

How do you guys even expect to cage a 24-year-old Nigerian girl
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Khallicopyro: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2022
Involving the police won't quarantee that she won't run away again. Seems she had been caged. She wants her freedom. Let her be... Just try to know if she is safe. When she has enjoyed freedom and get tired, she will come back and hopefully not in a family way
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by MarketDispatch: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
Benz03:
Pls do not allow her learn from experience
experience might be her worst teacher

A 24 year old woman is already an adult not a kid.
The family spared the rod and spoilt the child in her formative years.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by mightyleks(m): 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
aisha1314:

If she's 24 then she has every right to run away if she wants to. At her age it's not even called running away it's called "flying the nest" or leaving home to become independent. There's no need to involve the police. She's an adult she can go wherever she wants whenever she wants. She's not running away because only teenagers run away, not adults, she's simply exercising her right to freedom of movement. I can't imagine a 24 year old has to lying in order to be allowed to go out and then being scolded upon coming back. Just let her go. She's more than old enough to move out and live her own life anyway.

I smell promiscuity
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Mummiesboy: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sorry for that, my family had same experience with our last born though they were twins a boy and a girl. She was soo sturborn and on deferent occasion when beaten refuses coming home for days.
It became her normal ways we have to let her be. Unfortunately for some weeks we couldn't get to her, reported the issue to the police, after some months she called one of our sister that she has traveled to France. 4years now non of us knows were she is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by olabrinks(f): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
24 is the age I gave birth to my son. She is an adult please, let her be. She’s not a kid.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by jessylaurel(f): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

She's 24 and also an adult. I got married at the same age. When she realized her mistake she will come back home. Moreover being overprotective won't solve the problem. I guess the pampering was too much at early age.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
Zonefree:
There's nothing you or your family members can do again, your beloved sister has been dickmatized.

How do you guys even expect to cage a 24-year-old Nigerian girl
Hahahahhahah is Dick very important to them than money?
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
One of the reasons some men say they don't want female children......When a female child wanna disgrace her family they go the extra mile.

Haha
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Alhajiemeritus: 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
A 24 year old isn't a kid. The more you restrict her, the more she wants to break free...
I have an advice, if you guys think she is too rebellious, marry her off to a responsible young man.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Nonywendy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
Good morning house,

At 24 she can make her own decisions, but don't worry she will someday come back like prodigal son. U knw dat song dat play..."woke up one Sunday morning"... Dat song go happen in her life
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by jessylaurel(f): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:

Meaning?? Is she not with a boy as you claim. If the boy is well trained he will not advise her to run away from home.
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Streetpriest1: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
24 years old woman na you dey call kid. Nah!
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2022
Divay2:
Just imagine Girls of nowadays

She must be somewhere enjoying Dick cry

Nigerian ladies and Dick are like 5 and 6 embarassed
So they love Dick more than money?
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by meobizy(f): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
A 24 year old woman is why OP is disturbing us with an epistle? I thought she was 10 years younger.

That is a woman ready to learn from life. Leave her. How old are you, sef? E no go shock me if you dey 25 or 26.

2 Likes

Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by BABANGBALI: 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
Prick is the only thing that can make a woman to run away from home and the prick must have been very very sweet
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by BATified2023: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nelbless:
u must b a joke

So a 24 year old woman is who u are handling like a toddler

All things being equal that girl should b married by now but maybe na your way hold am
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by BABANGBALI: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
Divay2:
Just imagine Girls of nowadays

She must be somewhere enjoying Dick cry

Nigerian ladies and Dick are like 5 and 6 embarassed
enjoying dick with a DICKin
Re: My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
Streetmovement:

Hmmm marrying her out, it would have been better for someone who's willing and ready cuz that girl wey you see so no dey ready for that kind settlement now because she's still trying to figure out a lot of things socially, emotionally, mentally and physically, let's just say she's still testing the waters. So marrying her out is a no no from where I stand.

I know what I am saying o.

My younger sister been wan tow that line o but thanks to God almighty who gave my parents the wisdom to handle her case well.

Babe dey travel with her female friends and stay for days. Babe wan go into acting, also as a result of friends.
There are nights we embark on search party for her, including midnights and so on.
Coupled with the fact that she was dating one weyrey nigga that was misleading her then.
She is a very social person, I think this is also an entry point of such behavior.

Another thing I noticed is that, it is always pretty i.e beautiful and well endowed ladies that do act that way.

All these behavior stopped when my parents took the decision of taking her along with them using my younger brother as a bait to trick her into traveling with them on their Christmas travel to the villa, because she been no wan go o.

Today, that decision is one of the best thing that has happened to her and by extension my family.

So, you never can tell.

Marriage has a way of changing people's orientation o.

PS: She was in that age range as OP's sister when all these were happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.