Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK (2906 Views)

Daily Loud Reports Tinubu's US Drug Case / Kennedy Wandera, Voice Of America Journalist Reports About Tinubu's US Drug Case / Uber Facts Posts Bola Tinubu's US Drug Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
Whilst I have not put a call through to the US Consulate, it is imperative that I draw the attention of Nairalanders and Nigerians to some fine details they may have missed, and why I have strong reasons to believe that the so called embassy letter addressed to Tafa Balogun regarding Tinubu is NOT GENUINE! Not like it will change anything as na naija we dey, but just for the sake of knowledge.

I have shared some points to note, starting with the most obvious. That document has typos that are hard to ignore. The red flags are listed below!

1. It reads the United States and it's territories

It should be ITS not IT'S

2. The typing alignment is not justified format, even the 1993 document was properly aligned in justified typing format. How could a 2003 not be? Compare the two below.
3. Inec supposedly received a document in 2010 when Tinubu wasn't vying for any post in 2010.
4. A portion reads, Please contact me 'direct' instead of 'directly'
5. A portion reads, in 'these' and other matters instead of 'this'.
For these reasons, unless there is a convincing explanation for these concerns, the document being circulated is likely forged and did not originate from the US embassy as touted.

FP please!
Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique nlfpmod mukina
Ps: other errors spotted by Nairalanders have been included.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
Racoon, you would think a supposedly excellent accountant would spot basic errors. If I paid good money to someone to forge shit, at least I should do something called proof-reading. First class accountant my ass!

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by ladiguy(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:
Whilst I have not put a call through to the US Consulate, it is imperative that I draw the attention of Nairalanders and Nigerians to some fine details they may have missed, and why I have strong reasons to believe that so called embassy letter addressed to Tafa Balogun regarding Tinubu is NOT GENUINE! Not like it will change anything as na naija we dey, but just for the sake of knowledge.

I have shared some points to note, starting with the most obvious. That document has a typo that is hard to ignore. The red flags are listed below!

2. The typing alignment is not justified format, even the 1993 document was properly aligned in justified typing format. How could a 2003 not be? Compare the two below.
3. Inec supposedly received a document in 2010 when Tinubu wasn't vying for any post in 2010.

For these reasons, unless there is a convincing explanation for these concerns, the document being circulated is likely forged and did not originate for the US embassy as touted.

FP please!

You just no wan do learn. Forget about this. Try dig into in more, check the American government (Chicago) website for more info about the case. Use your intelligence wisely, don’t be like it others. I like your inquisitiveness , but be smart with it.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Racoon(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2022
Humn! So shameless. Can believe one is in an era where politicians don't even have regard for the electorate or citizens anymore.The highest public office in Nigeria goes with some level of decorum & trust. With all these many controversies around Tinubu, he simply does not deserve the votes of Sane & Sensible Nigerians.

Tinubu’s Age, Health Status, Education, Parents, Genealogy, Place of Origin, Source of Wealth, Chicago Drug Business, Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Evading Debates are all Questionable & shrouded in Controversy.

The fact that Tinubu was even associated with a scandal of this proportion is enough reason for his to even stay away from the presidential contest, but here is Nigeria where people rarely value morality or integrity.

This is simply because their sense of judgement is beclouded by the inordinate quest for political power
Don't worry they US courts have already given it verdict. Meanwhile, may this issue not turn out another embarrassment for the citizens of this nation. .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
ladiguy:

You just no wan do learn. Forget about this. Try dig into in more, check the American government (Chicago) website for more info about the case. Use your intelligence wisely, don’t be like it others. I like your inquisitiveness , but be smart with it.
pls do that and revert. I'll be waiting.

Also, let us stay on point. The essence of this thread is NOT the Tinubu heroin involvement case, but to let people be aware that this embassy document being circulated is very likely forged, unless proven otherwise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by crestedaguiyi: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
how did TAfa Balogun end his career in the police sef grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oluwole man helping his oluwole tribes man no be new thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by ladiguy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:
pls do that and revert. I'll be waiting.

Won’t do that for you. You should, so you know the value of investigative journalism. Do that comrade. You are building yourself for future purpose. Don’t be like others
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
how did TAfa Balogun end his career in the police sef grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oluwole man helping his oluwole tribes man no be new thing
yes, this is precisely what I believe played out here. Oluwole we-we things. Shoddy oluwole job anyway.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
ladiguy:

Won’t do that for you. You should, so you know the value of investigative journalism. Do that comrade. You are building yourself for future purpose. Don’t be like others
much appreciated brother. But I have said it twice already, that i'm not interested in diving into the Tinubu drug involvement case. I am only beaming a light on this very likely forged document being circulated. I am not a journalist o. I'm just someone who pays attention to detail a lot. I spotted those discrepancies the first time that pic was circulated, but only decided to project it now cos of the 'noise'.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Jyde81 your mentor no sabi o. One of the traits of a good accountant is an 'eagle eye'. No wonder politics is his only known successful business, before during and after governance. Follow who know road o. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
How I wish this can get to front-page. Too many falsities and image laundering being propagated here, no questions asked. Sad

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by ganisucks(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:
Whilst I have not put a call through to the US Consulate, it is imperative that I draw the attention of Nairalanders and Nigerians to some fine details they may have missed, and why I have strong reasons to believe that so called embassy letter addressed to Tafa Balogun regarding Tinubu is NOT GENUINE! Not like it will change anything as na naija we dey, but just for the sake of knowledge.

I have shared some points to note, starting with the most obvious. That document has a typo that is hard to ignore. The red flags are listed below!

For these reasons, unless there is a convincing explanation for these concerns, the document being circulated is likely forged and did not originate for the US embassy as touted.

FP please!

You people should ignore these allegations and focus on your campaign. The drug news would have blown over after two or three days of trending. But thanks to the antics and bad legal advice from Keyamo it is now a every day hot potato.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by PrinceOfLagos: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tinubu and his supporters are thieves walahi

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Cosbyrich: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
All I can see on nairaland today are cry,cry babies using nairaland as their crying vessel.

Deep down they know Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria in 2023.
I heard this scenario played out even when these towncriers were in govt.All their evil wishes boomeranged on them.
Tinubu has the midas touch.He is one of those politicians who grow and develop living and non living things.
No evil towncrier can stop the work of God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Buccalcavity2: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
The document was procured by the then ruling party, PDP, Tafa Balogun. Why will they forge to favor their enemy. In any case, opposition has written to CSU to confirm his school, has written to get a CTC of court papers, it won take anything to write the US Government to confirm the letter instead of SM accusation.
If there's substance in the drug case BAT would have been in court since Jan. Trust politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by BATified2023: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:
Racoon, you would think a supposedly excellent accountant would spot basic errors. If I paid good money to someone to forge shit, at least I should do something called proof-reading. First class accountant my ass!
u igbos go cry tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
Buccalcavity2:
The document was procured by the then ruling party, PDP, Tafa Balogun. Why will they forge to favor their enemy. In any case, opposition has written to CSU to confirm his school, has written to get a CTC of court papers, it won take anything to write the US Government to confirm the letter instead of SM accusation.
If there's substance in the drug case BAT would have been in court since Jan. Trust politicians.
your position is understood, but I fear you are missing the point. I raised some issues with that letter, but to your question (the bolded), Tafa Balogun is dead, so it is quite convenient that this shows up NOW when dead men can tell no tales. Maybe some people in power can use this 'document' to get Tinubu now, only time will tell.

Also, I had not seen this document before recently when it started circulating online. Anyone with concrete PROOF that this document was available long before now, pls kindly share.

Update: someone has shared proof this was available before now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by kayusely70(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Cosbyrich:
All I can see on nairaland today are cry,cry babies using nairaland as their crying vessel.

Deep down they know Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria in 2023.
I heard this scenario played out even when these towncriers were in govt.All their evil wishes boomeranged on them.
Tinubu has the midas touch.He is one of those politicians who grow and develop living and non living things.
No evil towncrier can stop the work of God.
You've spoken very well and reasonably too! Don't mind those miscreants!Most of them will commit Harakiri when the time comes!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos go cry tire
Omo Yoruba ni mi, Ondo-west LG, Oke-odunwo to be precise ni Ile Baba Baba mi wa. Born bred and buttered in Lagos. Lives in Ibadan. Lol

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:

For these reasons, unless there is a convincing explanation for these concerns, the document being circulated is likely forged and did not originate from the US embassy as touted.

FP please!
Let me help you further
A formal letter in response to a previous request should carry a subject with "RE:" preceding it.
Not only that, in the last paragraph, the letter reads " in these and other matters" it should be in this (singular)......
Lastly, the general language of the letter sounds like something written by someone looking to impress his readers with long, meaningless grammar. It doesn't look like an official draft at all.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:

FP please!

Document signed by Tafa Balogun? Are you joking? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Let me help you further
A formal letter in response to a previous request should carry a subject with "RE:" preceding it.
Not only that, in the last paragraph, the letter reads " in these and other matters" it should be in this (singular)......
Lastly, the general language of the letter sounds like something written by someone looking to impress his readers with long, meaningless grammar. It doesn't look like an official draft at all.
more exposition. Thank you very much.
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
Reinaldo:

Document signed by Tafa Balogun? Are you joking? grin grin grin grin
I didn't see Tafa Balogun's siggy. Couldn't even recognize it if I did tbh. But are you saying Tafa signed for the supposed administrative secretary of Inec? That signature is right by the supposed stamp of the supposed admin secretary of inec
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Highways: 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
At this point I have to conclude that Tinubu just went to Chicago to sell drug...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by crestedaguiyi: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2022
nbm
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by PHIPEX(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
The fact that it was addressed to our ONE AND ONLY Tafa Balogun already gave it out. Tafa was jailed for fraud so this is a case of a fraud trying to protect a colleague.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Advocate500: 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tinubu is a package fraud.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Treadway: 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
Pay close attention to the attached documents and notice he was born in 1952 according to the us document that cleared him of any charge or conviction.

That makes the drug lord 87 years this year.

Tmac was very correct when he said tinubu was 86 years last year
not quite right bro. Not commenting on his age or what not, but 1952 to 2022 is 70.
2022 - 1952 = 70
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Doyou2019: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
PHIPEX:
The fact that it was addressed to our ONE AND ONLY Tafa Balogun already gave it out. Tafa was jailed for fraud so this is a case of a fraud trying to protect a colleague.

If it stinks like a rat, then it is a rat.
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by crestedaguiyi: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:
not quite right bro. Not commenting on his age or what not, but 1952 to 2022 is 70.
2022 - 1952 = 70

you are correct
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Newkingy: 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Treadway:

FP please!

US embassy doesn't have authority to absorb anyone of crime committed in the US. Make una no dey fall una hand
Re: Tinubu: US Embassy Document Absolving Him FACT CHECK by Newkingy: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Can Nigerian embassy absorb a Congolese of a crime such a person committed in Nigeria.

Nigerians are too dumb

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Babatunde Gbadamosi's Response To Yorubas Playing Ethnic Card In Lagos Gov E / See List Of All The Tribes In Nigeria. Is Your Tribe There? / Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.