Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. (1849 Views)

Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, / Please Guys Which Bank Have Good Insurance Policy With High Interest Rates / Which Bank Have You Being That You Believe Is Worse In Terms Of Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
Am I the only one experiencing Kuda bank stamp duty charges, both credit and debit?

If they have started all this charges like our generic banks, then the purpose of using it for me has been defeated.

So someone cannot just put money in his account and withdraw same amount the next day in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by jaeyking(m): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
Use Opay and get peace of mind
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Foreigner12(m): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tombrown3:
Am I the only one experiencing Kuda bank stamp duty charges, both credit and debit?

If they have started all this charges like our generic banks, then the purpose of using it for me has been defeated.

So someone cannot just put money in his account and withdraw same amount the next day in this country?
I use Kuda, they charge #50 on transactions of #10K and above. It started in August or so and they made it clear it was imposed on them by the federal government and no amount in the #50 to be charged goes into their pockets. Everything goes into the the federal purse.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
jaeyking:
Use Opay and get peace of mind

Yeah, same way I was asked to use Kuda and have peace of mind too.
Seems like peace of mind just ended.

I really liked the bank, I wouldn't mind if it was a monthly charge. But 50 naira on all credit and debit of 5k and above is a total turn off.

I chose them cause of how active my account is on a daily, running from those transaction charges from other banks which piles up to 5k a month on my account statement wasn't a joke.

Well, it was good while it lasted.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Foreigner12(m): 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tombrown3:

I really liked the bank, I wouldn't mind if it was a monthly charge. But 50 naira on all credit and debit of 5k and above is a total turn off.

I chose them cause of how active my account is on a daily, running from those transaction charges from other banks which piles up to 5k a month on my account statement wasn't a joke.

No be untop 5k and above, that's false.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2022
Foreigner12:

I use Kuda, they charge #50 on transactions of #10K and above. It started in August or so and they made it clear it was imposed on them by the federal government and no amount in the #50 to be charged goes into their pockets. Everything goes into the the federal purse.

Hmmm.. For both debit and credit? On every transaction? Not even a once in a month charges.

That's too much abeg. Charges for withdrawal is ok, but charges when someone also credit you is really appalling.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by jaeyking(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tombrown3:

I'm using opay for like 2years plus no charges and I have both the virtual and physical card though it's verve .

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
jaeyking:

I'm using opay for like 2years plus no charges and I have both the virtual and physical card though it's verve .

Will try it out soon.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Chuknovski(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
The thing is I have both kuda, provides and opay accounts but am too lazy to use those platforms I like ussd too much for small transactions, besides I have trust issues for these off the desk banks, forget NDIC, just braze up and pay off the bank charges
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Nazgul: 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tombrown3:

I use kuda bank, They charge N50 for deposits above 10k. That's fair if you ask me compared to other Banks.

So the logic here is to deposit like 50-100k from your commercial bank and, use it to settle all your monthly bills (prepaid meter, gotv/dstv, data, recharge cards...etc) for free cos you've already been charged N50 for the deposit and wouldn't be charged any more money. You'd agree with me that if you perform all these transactions on your bills from your commercial bank, they'll keep charging you per transaction.

Kuda just charges once, if you're sending money to another account, you have 25 free transfers every month. So unless you have staffs who you pay salaries from your bank, I don't see how you're going to exhaust 25 free transfers within a month.

As for their virtual card, I don't know anything about it cos I use kuda for bills and transfers of little funds. So I don't need their card.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 12:38am On Nov 16, 2022
Nazgul:

I use kuda bank, They charge N50 for deposits above 10k. That's fair if you ask me compared to other Banks.

So the logic here is to deposit like 50-100k from your commercial bank and, use it to settle all your monthly bills (prepaid meter, gotv/dstv, data, recharge cards...etc) for free cos you've already been charged N50 for the deposit and wouldn't be charged any more money. You'd agree with me that if you perform all these transactions on your bills from your commercial bank, they'll keep charging you per transaction.

Kuda just charges once, if you're sending money to another account, you have 25 free transfers every month. So unless you have staffs who you pay salaries from your bank, I don't see how you're going to exhaust 25 free transfers within a month.

As for their virtual card, I don't know anything about it cos I use kuda for bills and transfers of little funds. So I don't need their card.

Just like you mentioned on your last paragraph.

Me too I use it on daily transactions, what that means is, I can get 10k 5 times in a day from different people (I can't tell them each to combine it together and send at once) , and make like 20k 5 times a day trans as well. I can't help it, this is how my transactions run on daily.

From this you can compile all the #50 naira from all this and see how much just my account alone is generating for them.

Though I don't blame them and probably better compared to others, it's a rip off to me.

Once a month charge would have been better

I'm switching to Opay, like many here have recommended. (made lot of enquiries about them)

Until I run out of options, I'll continue to go where I'll be able to save more from these transactions.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Tombrown3(m): 12:59am On Nov 16, 2022
Chuknovski:
The thing is I have both kuda, provides and opay accounts but am too lazy to use those platforms I like ussd too much for small transactions, besides I have trust issues for these off the desk banks, forget NDIC, just braze up and pay off the bank charges

Lol... Brace up and be over tax by this wicked government we have?

Guy, try use first bank savings account and run daily transactions. Your account will bleed with different charges! I counted at least 3-4 different charges on each transaction. It's a rip off, I no a lot of people will say is it not small money? Imagine 50 naira being deducted from over 100million customs on a daily. And only few people will pocket all these.

Before you attack me on how I expect these banks to make their own money, remember, it wasn't like this 20 years ago, and banking industry were still running fine.

We are just being ripped off in this country by any cooperate firm and people are quite because the money involved can be overlooked.

Enjoy your USSD codes if 6 naira per transaction is the price you have to pay for having trust issue.. Lol.
Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Nazgul: 5:23am On Nov 16, 2022
Tombrown3:

Just like you mentioned on your last paragraph.

Me too I use it on daily transactions, what that means is, I can get 10k 5 times in a day from different people (I can't tell them each to combine it together and send at once) , and make like 20k 5 times a day trans as well. I can't help it, this is how my transactions run on daily.

From this you can compile all the #50 naira from all this and see how much just my account alone is generating for them.

Though I don't blame them and probably better compared to others, it's a rip off to me.

Once a month charge would have been better

I'm switching to Opay, like many here have recommended. (made lot of enquiries about them)

Until I run out of options, I'll continue to go where I'll be able to save more from these transactions.

Thanks anyway.
Oh! Now I understand you much better.

I don't use my Kuda to receive random funds cos their 500k maximum deposit scares me, I use my commercial bank for receiving funds then transfer a particular figure to kuda for settling bills cos of their free transfers. This way I'm charged N50 stamp duty just once. Thereby escaping the multiple charges.

5 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Have Started Charges. by Chuknovski(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Tombrown3:

Lol... Brace up and be over tax by this wicked government we have?

Guy, try use first bank savings account and run daily transactions. Your account will bleed with different charges! I counted at least 3-4 different charges on each transaction. It's a rip off, I no a lot of people will say is it not small money? Imagine 50 naira being deducted from over 100million customs on a daily. And only few people will pocket all these.

Before you attack me on how I expect these banks to make their own money, remember, it wasn't like this 20 years ago, and banking industry were still running fine.

We are just being ripped off in this country by any cooperate firm and people are quite because the money involved can be overlooked.

Enjoy your USSD codes if 6 naira per transaction is the price you have to pay for having trust issue.. Lol.

Well It doesn't boil down to the trust issues, I actually like quick easy banking, I also agree to the fact that this present administration has made banking services tighter for no pertinent reasons.
it's all about choice of banking kuda or ussd, I know people in 2022 who has refused to get any kind of ATM cards, grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Addiction To Ungodly Pleasures / How Do You Know When A Woman Truly Love You / Hw Will U Feel When Ur Best Friend Dates Ur Ex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.