Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? (21276 Views)

Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations? / Do Africans & African Americans Hate Each Other / What Do Africans Wear In The 1800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by 1Sharon(f): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2022
ednut1:
Europeans do not even have one culture. So what is she talking about.

That person behind that account is black.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Segzy19: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2022
Mental slavery...

Colonization of the minds...
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by 1Sharon(f): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2022
quentin06:

Gbam, she hit the nail on the head, I have told my daughters only traditional wedding for you. If your prospective husbands dont like it they should shift. After all am the chief financier. cool

Why do you want to override your daughters husbands??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Stankovic22: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2022
atheistandproud:

She's going to resent you sha. It will get worse over time as she sees her friends do lavish marriages. Just keep your game tight and do not slip, because on that day, you go hear things. Wishing you all the my brother.

I understand.

At least I will give her the privilege to wear wedding gown and me a suit and we snap together. We will have little get together in the house. Just me, my family, her family and just few closed friends.

If she isn't satisfied with that then she should go look for a richer man.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2022
siofra:
That's church wedding not white wedding.

siofra can u quickly send me yor naaaaked picture again for weddding......i need to check somin quick ...and please hurrry coz i aint gots all day. thanks .!!(no oofeinse) smiley
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by InvertedHammer: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2022
Goldbw122:

In theime in memorial ths black want to be like the white people yeah, in style, way of life, manners, every black want to travel overseas to experience green pastures even when the cost is high..

Blacks want to drive the latest care not caring if is the last naira on their pocket

They just like anything that the white are doing they just want to be like the white, speak like the white... So many things they are willing to forsake their own religion, faith and say of life to be in the atmosphere of the white culture.

I hope we don't forget our heritage and rich culture.

/
Don't forget bleaching cream and fake accents (from those who have never crossed Murtala Mohammed international airport).

Nigerians still see white people as gods. That's why an average white has more rights in Nigeria than Nigerians.

/

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Kingstanding: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2022
Ohislee:
1- White wedding came with Christianity. As a Christian, one feels fulfilled been joined in the church.

2- Ladies always insist even when men are not interested thereby increasing the wedding budget.
. White wedding came with Christianity? Any biblical proof? The wedding that Jesus Christ attended in Canna, did it took place in church? Marriage is between both parents of couples, church has nothing to do with marriage. Can you tell me where it is written in the Bible where they did wedding in the church? Black man black sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by 1Sharon(f): 9:54am On Nov 15, 2022
atheistandproud:

Where is the lie?

Last relationship ended because she asked for my ideal wedding and I was like what wedding? Traditional na out of respect for your parents and it's a small closed gathering, after that na registry.

I don go house go sleep. If you wan do reception, odabo oh. Layo laji. She got really offended and cold. Safe to say it took me a few months but I got over it. Still single by the way. Almost all 9ja babes na the same when it comes to wedding.

Eat it all on that day and abandon the man when money no dey after all na man e be.

we know. When market value don drop.

As in ehn...

You dated a child lol.

They just want a lavish wedding to show off to ppl they don't even know and get their wedding featured on bella naija.

Bella naija and Co is their target.

Have you noticed that the ppl that had big lavish weddings end up splitting up in less than 5 years. Because they had their focus on the wedding day instead of the marriage that comes after it.

Black ppl love to show off, they always love to give the impression of something rather than being that actual thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Ifakiland(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2022
Ohislee:
1- White wedding came with Christianity. As a Christian, one feels fulfilled been joined in the church.

2- Ladies always insist even when men are not interested thereby increasing the wedding budget.
Oponu say white wedding came with Christianity ode
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Dreadlock69(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2022
As my mama and papa no do white wedding and them still dey young living together

Me know dey do am but my traditional wedding goon be lite

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by toxtimmy: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2022
The question is why African women wear fake wigs on their head to look like white women?

It's just like a white man wearing false dread locks to look like a black man.

To answer your question... We are conditioned to be inferior people and don't even know where we come from or who we are.

Mild5:
That's very unnecessary, but I don't understand why we do that
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by dallyemmy: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2022
White people's hair?
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2022
Mild5:
That's very unnecessary, but I don't understand why we do that

I noticed many people don’t do that nowadays. Probably because of the effect of Buhari regime, not that they don’t want to.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by dododawa1: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2022
Follow follow Na BLACK
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by meobizy(f): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2022
Start from why we worship white and Arab gods before exploring further.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by atheistandproud(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:

You dated a child lol.

They just want a lavish wedding to show off to ppl they don't even know and get their wedding featured on bella naija.

Bella naija and Co is their target.

Have you noticed that the ppl that had big lavish weddings end up splitting up in less than 5 years. Because they had their focus on the wedding day instead of the marriage that comes after it.

Black ppl love to show off, they always love to give the impression of something rather than being that actual thing.

You don hammer the nail on the head. You smashed it. If na Quora, I for upvote this answer anyhow but I'll settle for liking and sharing it.

Thank you so much abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by ufuosman(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2022
Marriage na ow ur power reach... No be everyone dey do big... Only fools borrow to impress
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by 504dayo: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2022
Eleyi o serious o.Eleyi o serious o....
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by mecuries(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
the slavery mentality still exists in our mind
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
cheesy grin grin

phemmyfour:
Not African Pastors. Most of them encourages it cos it gives them an opportunity to have additional church programme
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by kingthreat(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Be like say you be Tinubu supporter, and you're always fond of talking off-point. What kind of drug are you using, separate from others? undecided

Later, you will talk about people not letting social media deceive them, because I can bet my thumbs that the only kind of feminists you've ever met are women online.

Better to keep quiet than using words you don't know their meanings indiscriminately.

So far, my comment has 40something likes. Actually means people reckon to it and see the wisdom in it. As for you who finds relevance on the internet, you are as valueless as an inanimate object.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2022
kingthreat:
So far, my comment has 40something likes. Actually means people reckon to it and see the wisdom in it. As for you who finds relevance on the internet, you are as valueless as an inanimate object.

Wow. This ediot think there aren't people who think like him, somebody epp. cry cry

'Likes' is your comeback? The fact that people agree with you means you made sense? grin

So that means Obi is very sensible too then; look at the number of people supporting him.

Go to YouTube and see atheists making videos cussing God and the number of likes it gets. There are so many pastors preaching nonsense too, and they have supporters.

You didn't say anything groundbreaking, lmao. Stupeed people will always like stupeed things and posts.

Oh wow. What a greatly destabilising clapback. Damn. E touch me. I am as valueless as an inanimate object. That's so crushing I have no choice but to deactivate my account, but I must first say that that is rich coming from someone chasing clout with "feminism." You don't look for relevance on the Internet, but 40 likes dey make your brain spark cheesy.

This one is a ********** (sha).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by JoshuaSG: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
It is bemoaning, for Nigerian pastors who will tell you that our traditional wedding is not approved by God until you come before them for hand laying.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by kingthreat(m): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Wow. This ediot think there aren't people who think like him, somebody epp. cry cry

'Likes' is your comeback? The fact that people agree with you means you made sense? grin

So that means Obi is very sensible too then; look at the number of people supporting him.

Go to YouTube and see atheists making videos cussing God and the number of likes it gets. There are so many pastors preaching nonsense too, and they have supporters.

You didn't say anything groundbreaking, lmao. Stupeed people will always like stupeed things and posts.

Oh wow. What a greatly destabilising clapback. Damn. E touch me. I am as valueless as an inanimate object. That's so crushing I have no choice but to deactivate my account, but I must first say that that is rich coming from someone chasing clout with "feminism." You don't look for relevance on the Internet, but 40 likes dey make your brain spark cheesy.

This one is a ********** (sha).

Are you finished? Keep on the jobless ranting
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
kingthreat:
Are you finished? Keep on the jobless ranting

And you're paying me attention? grin

That makes two of us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by VULCAN(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
The person condemning it has a point but put up a picture of Arabs doing white wedding as an example of White wedding.

So is it that she cannot identify a Caucasian and mistook the Arabs for Causasians or she is lumping the Arabs together as an example of Africans

Someone help. lol
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by kingthreat(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2022
Magnoliaa:

And you're paying me attention? grin

That makes two of us.

Please keep ranting. This is my last response to a nonentity.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by GoAndVerify: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

That's all
This goes to include all imported RELIGIONS too
Simply because of compound foolishness

Even the white Wedding goes hand in hand with imported religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Ijb11: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Blame illiteracy
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Zoobaby(f): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2022
Very good question. I was wondering myself….
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
Because of low self esteem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Tribes Igbo Have Defeated In History / Governor Yahaya Bello Deposes Four Kogi Traditional Rulers / Itsekiri's Olu Tussle: Oyowoli Emiko Takes Omo-Oba Tsola Emiko To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.