Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Best Things About Working For Daddy: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Things About Working For Daddy: (3422 Views)

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? / 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting / Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
Bad Belle NL's can kiss my beep
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by Bawss1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Who is your daddy? Is he rich like me?
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by horny4u(f): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
Working with Daddy is fantastic and having a 1st class shows hardwork and dedication.

But something is missing

You ability to prove yourself to you

In your shoes, I will work for a multinational for a few years even Dangote's daughter worked outside her dad's company for a few years and i hear she was sound.

You need a place where you can express yourself without the cushions and once you have learnt to take informed risk and listen to your intuition as well as manage and persuade people then you will be back with da company and you will be respected by your dad and all becos you are bringing with you , the skills and mindset of a hustler,

p.s what is suffering , will they ask you to knell down and raise up your hands and close your eyes at work, abegi
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by DonJoey(m): 1:03am On Aug 25, 2011
A thing I'll never do,
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by damola1: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2011
e get as he be oh,
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by stkris(m): 1:17am On Aug 25, 2011
If ever having your father's true respect means anything to you, then i would recommend going off and being a man of his own means.

"working for daddy" might appear convenient at this time, but trust me, if you go down that road, you'll be "daddy's boy" even at 50, and thats not remotely a compliment.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 2:22am On Aug 25, 2011
st-kris:

If ever having your father's true respect means anything to you, then i would recommend going off and being a man of his own means.

"working for daddy" might appear convenient at this time, but trust me, if you go down that road, you'll be "daddy's boy" even at 50, and thats not remotely a compliment.

I'm a girl, Does that make it more acceptable?

I'm looking for jobs in nigeria its so hard, Suffering as per ppl trying to demand nonsense from you in exchange for a job/promotion e.g sexual favours, Not cool! Even the job market is not really transparent, Vacancies and all. Considering masters in jand b4 looking to secure a better job, Not sure what u can get with a bsc as there are so many unemployed grads!
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by damola1: 2:28am On Aug 25, 2011
uju_1:

I'm a girl, Does that make it more acceptable?

I'm looking for jobs in nigeria its so hard, Suffering as per ppl trying to demand nonsense from you in exchange for a job/promotion e.g intimate favours, Not cool! Even the job market is not really transparent, Vacancies and all. Considering masters in jand b4 looking to secure a better job, Not sure what u can get with a bsc as there are so many unemployed grads!

Do you just want to work for working sake?,, do you not have a dream?,
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by WhyAWhy(m): 2:30am On Aug 25, 2011
Considering the fact that you actually want to prove yourself

The first thing is not to work for daddy, at least you've got something to fall back on if others seem to fail

First hussle, apply for jobs like every other person, do what your mates are doing, People are getting jobs without long leg and I guess if you know your onions well, you should.

When you prove yourself outside his company, returning to his company would earn you greater respect

on the alternative, start somewhere down the ladder in his company and merit your way up
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by HighChief4(m): 2:49am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^You took this out from my mouth. Gbam
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 3:06am On Aug 25, 2011
damola1:

Do you just want to work for working sake?,, do you not have a dream?,

Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by Sammy107d(m): 4:37am On Aug 25, 2011
What did you study, and where?
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by Cmiller(m): 5:23am On Aug 25, 2011
Working for ma Daddy naaaaaaaaah,i would rather stay at home joooor,
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by itiswell1(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2011
Well, maybe na because my papa no too get money. But sincerely, i dont think its the right thing
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by ologun01(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2011
Working For Daddy,

The +ve

1)u get a good pay, as in Daddy wld pay u well bt nt in all cases, as some Daddy's dnt pay their kids well(cos dey say gt u all u needed)
2)big office with big post(wich u might nt really deserve now)
3)all employees in d coy respect cos of u father nt dat u really deserve it
4)u get everthng u need either u deserve it or nt
and so on

The -ve
1) u dnt have a feel of wats like growing in d corporate world
2) daddy is always dere to say dis and dat nd sometimes, u idea or suggestion dnt count
3)evrybody in d coy looks at with the eye of omo daddy
and so on

Looking for job

well, u said u gt a 1st class, so i admit u must be good and therefore, shld be able to perform well in ny aptitude test or interview, nd who says u cnt get a job with a Bsc dat wld pay a montly salary of 500k(must be NLNG,Mobil etc) for a fresher to get dat oooo, cos i dnt knw ny oda industry dat pays dat high for entry, even with a Msc(u r nt guaranteed dat kind of pay in any industry xcept d big players in oil for entry)

My Advice

if u want Msc, u can go for it and as u r rounding off, start applying to coys, dats if u want to wrk outside daddy coys to look wat it feels like been given wrk to do nd commanded,

bt i tink its better if u wrk outside daddy coy 4 a while or better still, tell daddy to take u as an entry staff, start from d lowest rank in his coy and earn ur promotion, grow gradually in his coy, dis wld make u a better manager wen u finally take ova with ur bro

All d best
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by yuzedo: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2011
Bia, young lady, I need a job! angry
. . Ok but seriously, I went to the "best schools" in Nigeria, grin but for the life of me can't seem to land that job since finishing service. And I'm smart and I'm a great guy too! And, and, and this is sounding desperate, embarassed
. . But hey, if u expect to be helped, u shud help too. . So, will u give a nice, hamsum, shy, caring, romantick, smart, level-headed, thoughtful, intelligent boy a link up?? cry cry
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by marcus1234: 8:23am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by mogbomoya: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2011
@Uju,
Why do I think I know you. i work for a one man business, and ur description fits in perfectly.
All my Oga's Kids work for him. And yea he has only one girl and the rest boys.
I really don't like how my Oga treats his kids. He cuts down their salary at will and talks to them anyhow. I feel the daddy/kids relationship is almost lost. Grudges here and there.
I had the option of working for my father, but I rejected it , am an only girl also.
Instead I went back for Masters, got a couple of yrs of work experience from NYSC in Nigeria and Abroad also.
I would consider working for my father in 5 years time, with that, his employees would respect me more and know that I deserve the position.

Uju, make sure you do your NYSC oh!
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2011
yuzedo:

Bia, young lady, I need a job! angry
. . Ok but seriously, I went to the "best schools" in Nigeria, but for the life of me, can't seem to get a job since finishing service. And I'm smart and I'm a great guy too! And this is sounding desperate, embarassed
. . But hey, if u expect to be helped, u shud help too. . So, will u give a nice, hamsum, caring, smart, level-headed, thoughtful, intelligent stranger/boy a job or link him up?? cry cry
correct man. Uju, biko link me too. My email, available upon request. Depends on d type of man ur dad is, if he objects then go 4 msc(uk is ok) and come work 4 him, but if he gat no prob. Then still go 4 msc and work outside 4 few yrs then come back to daddy.d is, if he objects then go 4 msc(uk is ok) and come work 4 him, but if he gat no prob. Then still go 4 msc and work outside 4 few yrs then come back to daddy.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
Did NYSC last year, but it was distance nysc, wink i have the certificate sha.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by omoekoni(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
best part is nailing daddy's secretary wink
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by vacancy2(f): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
I think you really need to consider that on the long run, the business may be ceded over to your brothers, so you will be doing yourself a world of good to get to experience a bit of the real world out there. The idea of getting a postgraduate degree is good but you could also talk your dad into letting you start from the lower rungs of the company, without favours. That way, you will learn the ropes even better than your brothers, earn the respect of the employees and in the eventuality of you having to do something else other than this you will be properly equipped to cope in any other area of business. Get to work in all the departments.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by yuzedo: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ok Uju, this is TMI! U'd be surprised what supposed strangers can do with all the info u have divulged thus far. . I hope ur sha not lonely (I detect some measure of loneliness in ur tone). . Sha easy and remain as anonymous as possible on the www, Anyone who has a clue as to who u r can piece d supplied info and run a "program" on u. .  undecided
Cheers!
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by tpcom1(m): 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
UJU, In my opinion I consider work to be work.
What you will get outside Daddy's company may not be different in terms of experience, exposure, social and business skills.

In every form of work we have to deal with clients to be profitable. However, if you work for someone else, you put in your 100% and get paid a salary. Work for your self / family you get dividends in return.

I'd suggest stick to what you know, people / staff will see your quality if you are that focused and get the job done.

whats the point of rummaging the whole of Lagos / Nigeria looking for a job when you can build YOUR family busniess with your intellect, passion and enthusiasm. Afterall, its your dad's business and not your brothers, If your dad so chooses, he can delegate each person to look after a certain part of the company and not necessarily be to your disadvantage when he retires.

Besides, when you have your own family, being a BOSS means u have loads of free time to be with Hubby and Kids!, all the best.

Ps. loads of people who are currently working for an employer wish to quit their job anyway to do something they have a stake in, why quit yours.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
yuzedo:

Ok Uju, this is TMI! U'd be surprised what supposed strangers can do with all the info u have divulged thus far. . I hope your sha not lonely (I detect some measure of loneliness in your tone). . Sha easy and remain as anonymous as possible on the www,  Anyone who has a clue as to who u r can piece d supplied info and run a "program" on u. .  undecided
Cheers!

Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by zander87: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
I agree with tp. In addition, I would advise that you engage properly in your role and don't slack off. Learn as much as you can about the different aspects of the company's operations and gain solid achievement in the company. Your achievements will always be yours and people will respect you for them. You can always work on solving a problem, researching alternatives to key decisions or leading projects and judge yourself to the highest standards. After 2-4 years of experience, apply to a top 10 MBA program and finish that strongly and engage with your school. You can then work in a top consulting outfit like Mckinsey for as long as you like (1-3 years) and then return to the company with excellent business insights which would make you invaluable to the company.

My 2 cents.

All the best.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by oknee: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
U wil be more confident when u establish ur self out there, instead of being with daddy. U will be ur own man, no daddy to be following u everywhere with his shadows. Besides , ur family wil have more respect for u.
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by kpolli(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now we have ur real age

First things first, if u got a first class from a naija private uni. . . u probably dont deserve that position

Plus about ur other post about ur bf being confident to acknowledge u. . . . Reread wat u posted here and ur other post, n u wud see y. . . .
Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by uju2: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
kpolli:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now we have your real age

First things first, if u got a first class from a naija private uni. . . u probably dont deserve that position

Plus about your other post about your bf being confident to acknowledge u. . . . Reread wat u posted here and your other post, n u wud see y. . . .

Re: The Best Things About Working For Daddy: by kpolli(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Funny enuff, I wanted u to actually stick to him. . . . Sometimes all a man needs is a lil push. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

But Why Are Men Like This? / Matured married folks, pls come to my aid. / What A Man Told His Wife On Their First Night Of Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.