Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh (2142 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Peter Obi Left PDP To Avoid "Disgrace" At The PDP Primary Election – Reno Omokri / Victor Umeh Gifts Car To Offiah Twins, Francis And Cornelius Ordained Priests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 4:40am On Nov 16, 2022

Peter Obi lied on Anambra finances, Ex-ally Victor Umeh says

The former national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Victor Umeh, has said claims by the former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, that he left N75 billion in the state coffers for his successor are untrue.

Mr. Umeh, who spoke to journalists in Awka on Friday, said he was present when Mr. Obi handed over to Governor Willie Obiano and there was no mention of money left for the new governor.

Mr. Umeh’s claims came amidst a renewed war of words between Messrs .Obi and Obiano ahead of November’s gubernatorial election.

Mr. Obi, a two term APGA governor in the state, defected to the Peoples’ Democratic Party months after spearheading the emergence of Mr. Obiano as his successor.

Last week, Mr. Obi, who is now campaigning for Oseloka Obaze, the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the election, said Mr. Obiano had performed poorly despite the enormous resources at his disposal.

The former governor also denied claims that his successor’s refusal to reimburse him the N7 billion he purportedly spent during the 2013 election had led to their falling out.

“It is on record in this country and documented, I can prove it with every clear documented evidence that when I left office, I left over N25 billion in local investment for Anambra State,” Mr. Obi had said.

“I left over N25 billion in cash in the bank. I also left$156 million in the bank in Nigeria. Do you think anyone can leave such money and go to beg the person he is handing over to to give him N7 billion when I left over N75 billion?”

But at his press conference on Friday, Mr. Umeh stated that there was no mention of N75 billion in Mr. Obi’s handover notes to Mr. Obiano.

“The figures emanating from his (Mr. Obi’s) aides are a shock,” said Mr. Umeh, who campaigned alongside the former governor in 2013.

“He, Peter Obi was just busy flagging off projects, N185 billion debt was left for this administration. Two weeks before handing over, he signed over 6,000 workers and said money has been set aside, where?

“That’s why I am in this campaign to set the records straight. The day Obiano was sworn in, I followed him to the governor’s lodge and Obi in his hand over note never mentioned any N75 billion. The dollars invested abroad by his government as bonds cannot even be assessed by this government. Some will mature in 2030.

Willie Obiano
Former Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano
Obiano will hand over and the money will remain there for another government.”

Mr. Umeh urged the federal government to ensure a free and fair election in the forthcoming polls.

“We are also calling on the politicians to eschew from occurrences that can mar this election; the time for manipulating elections is far gone,” he said.

“We want to believe that President Buhari whose victory ushered in hope of democratic victory in Nigeria will work hard to continue the legacy. We hope he can ensure that his own party APC will not do anything to intimidate anybody in this process to ensure that democracy is preserved.

“Before he became president, we are aware that he witnessed bullying during electoral processes by the party he took over from in Nigeria. So, what we are looking towards under his watch is an electoral process that will be devoid of any manipulation and intimidations.

“I say this because we have read in the papers, not once, not twice but even this morning when the national chairman of APC, Chief John Oyegun said that APC must take Anambra State. That is not a democratic language. It is not a civilized political language that a party must take a political State, this must be left entirely to the electorate.”

The former APGA leader highlighted the achievements of Mr. Obiano since assumption of office in 2013.

“We have heard it said that Obiano has not done anything in Anambra State,” he said.

“Our work is there to show, in every local government in Anambra State, we have painstakingly gone to all the communities in Anambra State to chronicle what the governor has done apart from the normal services of the government and they are there for all to see.

“The prompt payment of workers salary and pensions are also there for all to see. If you approach any worker, they will agree with this story that on every 25th of every month, workers and pensioners in Anambra State are paid with or without the governor being around. It is not a small achievement, people can’t wish it away. If you compare it with what obtains in other states such as Imo State, you will agree with us.”

On infrastructural development in the state, he said Mr. Obiano’s performance is there for everyone to see.

“Beyond the flyovers in the state capital with beautiful flowers, operation light Anambra State is another landmine achievement.

“From Amansea to Onitsha in the night, whether EEDC provides energy or not, Anambra State is lit at night. This is replicated all over the state. I want to assert without any fear of contradiction that this government has strived in its mandate to make this state a great state.

“There is no symptom of bad governance that you can locate in this state. This would have started from nonpayment of salary in the state which could have made people resort to desperate means to survive hence creating crimes.”

Other areas he identified as thriving sectors under the present government in Anambra State is the educational sector where, according to him, the result of the West African Examinations Council from 2014 to present showed a great improvement.

“We have made progress in education; our WAEC results can prove this,” he said.

“We really would not take credit for 2014 because he came in 17th March and two months after, that exam was conducted. Students of Anambra State in that year that got five credits and above stood at 60.8%.

“In 2015, Anambra State students that sat for WAEC and got five credits including Math’s and English stood at 65%. In 2016, the figure rose to 71.8%.

“In 2017, the results have been released, Anambra State students in same way stood at 75%.”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/244653-peter-obi-lied-anambra-finances-ex-ally-victor-umeh-says.html

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Udopasa: 4:43am On Nov 16, 2022
Continue with your propaganda.

Senator Victor Umeh is Obi_dient and no attempt at trying to pitch him against Mr Peter Obi will work.

We're voting Labour Party from A-Z!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 4:45am On Nov 16, 2022
Udopasa:
Continue with your propaganda.

Senator Victor Umeh is Obi_dient and no attempt at trying to pitch him against Mr Peter Obi will work.

We're voting Labour Party from A-Z!

This is a literal quote from Victor Umeh that was published by the media. Let Victor Umeh come and deny it. Obi left N185 billion in debt after claiming to have invested N75 billion.

What a smooth criminal.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Mandate2023: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2022
We all know hoebi is a fraud.......but ipigs zombidients and mumudients will always defend the fraud even as it always make them look foolish

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by onomeabuja: 5:24am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

This is a literal quote from Victor Umeh that was published by the media. Let Victor Umeh come and deny it. Obi left N185 billion in debt after claiming to have invested N75 billion.

What a smooth criminal.
I like the word (smooth criminal )grin
Oh Obi & his miscreants are "smooth criminal "
Kia Kia Kia!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Zionmdde: 5:28am On Nov 16, 2022
Igbos are not really that tribslistic, they just know how to drag each other down, sometimes they prefer other people progressing than their own brothers. Look at the idiot that is here talking. It's time we igbos put all these enemies of progress in their right places. How can Obi who is widely accepted in the entire country by facing all these things from his own brothers

Anyway I love how politicians are fighting obi. Anybody whose vote will be influenced by any politician is a big idiot. Politicians who are enjoying their lives, sending their kids abroad, flying private jets shouldn't tell we ordinary Nigerians who are suffering the failures of this government who to vite

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by YourhealthNG2(m): 5:32am On Nov 16, 2022
Fake and old news

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:33am On Nov 16, 2022
Zionmdde:
Igbos are not really that tribslistic, they just know how to drag each other down, sometimes they prefer other people progressing than their own brothers. Look at the idiot that is here talking. It's time we igbos put all these enemies of progress in their right places. How can Obi who is widely accepted in the entire country by facing all these things from his own brothers

Anyway I love how politicians are fighting obi. Anybody whose vote will be influenced by any politician is a big idiot. Politicians who are enjoying their lives, sending their kids abroad, flying private jets shouldn't tell we ordinary Nigerians who are suffering the failures of this government who to vite

I love Nigeria so much not to allow a fraud like obi happen to us even though he is from my tribe. Igbos are republican in nature and will say the truth no matter who is involved. We don't follow like zombies like some other tribes do. That is the beauty of the Igbo nation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by sonature1: 5:37am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

What a smooth criminal.

You people should stop fooling yourselves.

Peter Obi has mentioned the names of banks and the actual figures he left in them.

If he was lying, the opposition would have debunked it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Elmojiid(m): 5:39am On Nov 16, 2022
Nobody holy pass and ñothing last forever, dick wey stand will surely come down
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Zionmdde: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

I love Nigeria so much not to allow a fraud like obi happen to us even though he is from my tribe. Igbos are republican in nature and will say the truth no matter who is involved. We don't follow like zombies like some other tribes do. That is the beauty of the Igbo nation.
Said someone who either supports a candidate with mental issues or a candidate who sold one of the biggest national companies, diverted up to 30% of the shares to himself, hired Lebanese who treat his own people like slaves

Are u not ashamed like this? Ur mind is as sound as Tinubu's mind anyway so I don't expect much
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2022
sonature1:

You people should stop fooling yourselves.

Peter Obi has mentioned the names of banks and the actual figures he left in them.

If he was lying, the opposition would have debunked it.

This post is not about his bogus investments.

This post is about him leaving a N185 billion debt while claiming to have left N75 billion in so called investments.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Peterobi90: 5:42am On Nov 16, 2022
None of the banks have ever come out to refute the over 75bn that was in their coffers..

So we should believe politicians over banks with CBN regulations?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:43am On Nov 16, 2022
Zionmdde:

Said someone who either supports a candidate with mental issues or a candidate who sold one of the biggest national companies, diverted up to 30% of the shares to himself, hired Lebanese who treat his own people like slaves

Are u not ashamed like this? Ur mind is as sound as Tinubu's mind anyway so I don't expect much

Beer parlour gists. If you have evidence Atiku did any of these, post it here. Infact do more than posting it here, send it to EFCC.

POST IT HERE OR SHAME IS YOURS FOREVER!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Majesty2(m): 5:44am On Nov 16, 2022
onomeabuja:
I like the word (smooth criminal )grin Oh Obi & his miscreants are "smooth criminal " Kia Kia Kia!!!
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:44am On Nov 16, 2022
Peterobi90:
None of the banks have ever come out to refute the over 75bn that was on their coffers..

So we should believe politicians of banks with CBN regulations?

This post is about the debt he left while claiming to have made bogus investments. Can't you read the title?

You left me with a debt of N185 while claiming you left me N75 while leaving office. No bi criminal be that?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Nayture147: 5:45am On Nov 16, 2022
Zionmdde:

Politicians who are enjoying their lives, sending their kids abroad, flying private jets shouldn't tell we ordinary Nigerians who are suffering the failures of this government who to vote.

Exactly. That’s exactly the level your PO is also on. Private jet, children schooling abroad, or na UNN hin children de ??

Yeye people. Pots calling kettle black.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by ibechris(m): 5:52am On Nov 16, 2022
I worked in the bank.

And during my stay in one of the banks...I verified this that Obi actually left huge amount of money to the state.

Anyone telling u this using propaganda would failed. If anyone here has a friend in banks,u can go and very this . It is simple to verify before u come to say Obi did this or that when it is very obvious that the account numbers are still on the internet for everyone to see.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:53am On Nov 16, 2022
ibechris:
I I worked in the.

And during my stay in one of the banks...I verified this that Obi actually left huge amount of money to the state.

Anyone telling u this using propaganda would failed. If anyone here has a friend in banks can go and very this . It is simple to verify before u come to say Obi did this or that when it is very obvious that account numbers are still on the internet for everyone to see.

Peter Obi left N185 billion in debt. That's the title of this post.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by ibechris(m): 5:55am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

Peter Obi left N185 billion in debt. That's the title of this post.

Go and very the amount he left before u come here to lament.

Obiono told Taraba state govt that the money he used to build the Airport was the Money Obi left for the state.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 5:58am On Nov 16, 2022
ibechris:

Go and very the amount he left before u come here to lament.

Obiono told Taraba state govt that the money he used to build the Airport was the Money Obi left for the state.

Okay. For what it's what, he left the N75 billion he claimed. While also leaving a debt of N185 billion.

It means factually he handed over N110 billion debt to Obiano. What a failure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Peterobi90: 5:59am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

This post is about the debt he left while claiming to have made bogus investments. Can't you read the title?

You left me with a debt of N185 while claiming you left me N75 while leaving office. No bi criminal be that?

Where was the debt, who was owed?
Did any contractor come out to claim they were owed?
Did any coy claim otherwise?

If you make a claim, attach evidence of who was owed rather than a politician that performed below par.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 6:00am On Nov 16, 2022
Peterobi90:

Where was the debt, who was owed?
Did any contractor come out to claim they were owed?
Did any coy claim otherwise?

If you make a claim, attach evidence of who was owed rather than a politician that performed below par.

I'm not making any claim. The state government is. Do you know more about Anambra than the state government?
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by ibechris(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

Okay. For what it's what, he left the N75 billion he claimed. While also leaving a debt of N185 billion.

It means factually he handed over N110 billion debt to Obiano. What a failure.

Which one did Tinubu leave now?

If u can answer it,then I will argue with u but take this as the reply I will give u.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Zionmdde: 6:01am On Nov 16, 2022
Nayture147:

Politicians who are enjoying their lives, sending their kids abroad, flying private jets shouldn't tell we ordinary Nigerians who are suffering the failures of this government who to vote.

Exactly. That’s exactly the level your PO is also on. Private jet, children schooling abroad, or na UNN hin children de ??

Yeye people. Pots calling kettle black.
You lack common comprehension
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 6:02am On Nov 16, 2022
ibechris:

Which one did Tinubu leave now?

If u can answer it,then I will argue with u but take this as the reply I will give u.

I'm not here to discuss Tinubu oga. Don't be slow. This post is about Peter obi and what he left in Anambra. You can open your own post on Tinubu. It's actually free.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Nayture147: 6:03am On Nov 16, 2022
Zionmdde:

You lack common comprehension

Chinedu shiftttt go one side. You and who.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Zionmdde: 6:05am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

Beer parlour gists. If you have evidence Atiku did any of these, post it here. Infact do more than posting it here, send it to EFCC.

POST IT HERE OR SHAME IS YOURS FOREVER!
Come to pH let me walk you through eleme petrochemical plant. Find out how much was allocated in reviving that plant, find out exactly when that plant was sold, find out the timelines for the both events. Then find out the current ownership of the company.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Zionmdde: 6:06am On Nov 16, 2022
Nayture147:

Chinedu shiftttt go one side. You and who.
Your brains are as sound as Tinubu's brains, so I don't expect anything better
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by naijapips04: 6:07am On Nov 16, 2022
Zionmdde:

Come to pH let me walk you through eleme petrochemical plant. Find out how much was allocated in reviving that plant, find out exactly when that plant was sold, find out the timelines for the both events. Then find out the current ownership of the company.

Post the evidence no dey yarn rubbish.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by Peterobi90: 6:08am On Nov 16, 2022
naijapips04:

I'm not making any claim. The state government is. Do you know more about Anambra than the state government?

It's obvious this talk is not leading anywhere... a former Gov makes a claim with evidence, the one that took over says otherwise without evidence despite the former having more integrity, yet you say Anambra state govt like both were not Governors..

Well.. do have a great day.
Re: Peter Obi Left N185 Billion Debt - Victor Umeh by ajani2311: 6:09am On Nov 16, 2022
So because you worked in a bank ,you can access account of all Nigerian?grow up to you are not talking to fools
ibechris:
I worked in the bank.

Anyone telling u this using propaganda would failed. If anyone here has a friend in banks,u can go and very this . It is simple to verify before u come to say Obi did this or that when it is very obvious that the account numbers are still on the internet for everyone to see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Completely Disarmed And Destroyed APC Lies / The Odds Favors Tinubu To Win The 2023 Presidential Election / UK Crime Agency Begins Investigation Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.