Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,096 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:51 AM

I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election (42547 Views)

Turmoil in PDP over Obaseki / DSS Arrests Adams Oshiomhole Over APC Primaries / Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by politicoNG: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
Governor [b]Nyesom Wike of River State on Wednesday apologised to former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, saying he regretted working for the re-election of Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State in September 2020.

Wike tendered the apology to Oshiomhole at the inauguration of the Rumuepirikom Flyover in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the state which the ex-APC chairman commissioned.

According to Wike, he has learnt and the past should remain in the past.

“I use this opportunity to apologise to you. I came to Edo State to make sure your candidate didn’t win election. I said you won’t win and you didn’t win. That assignment has been done and we now know who is who,” Wike told a smiling Oshiomhole.

“We are now friends, let bygones be bygones,” Wike, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) strongman told the ex-APC National Chairman.

“I want to sincerely apologise to you. Each time you learn. People will praise you when you do for them. When you say, they are wrong, they begin to say all sorts of things.

“I’m sure those of them in my party before cannot do anything without Wike but because I said let the right thing be done, let agreement be agreement, I have now become an enemy. These are people who are praising me morning and night,” he maintained, noting that he stands on equity, fairness and justice.

In his speech, Oshiomhole lauded Wike for the many “beautiful projects” in Rivers, saying results don’t lie.

According to him, executive exchanges have a way of communicating to the people that political divide is not war.

“I listened to you (Wike) attentively and you said Peter Obi is coming tomorrow. I want to congratulate you for that because I also invited Peter Obi when I was governor and those executive exchanges have a way of communicating to our people that political divide is not war,” Oshiomhole stated.

“I also invited governors from other states to Edo the last one week before my tenure as you said, for them to see what I was able to do.

“I promise that when I get back to Abuja, I go take my mouth talk am wetin my mouth see (sic). The flyover I saw is not a culvert. There are people who commissioned culverts and said they were flyovers but what I am seeing here is a beautiful flyover which you will see anywhere in the world,” he added.

Edo politics
Oshiomhole, who was Edo governor between 2008 and 2016, handed over to Obaseki who was then a member of the APC.

The two men, however, fell apart due to intra-party squabbles and Obaseki couldn’t secure APC ticket to return to office in 2020 gotten by Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Obaseki moved to PDP and joined forces with Wike as seen by his many visits to the Rivers strongman’s residence during the crisis preceding the Edo State Governorship Election in 2020.

The Edo governor subsequently got the PDP’s governorship ticket and defeated Ize-Iyamu who was backed by Oshiomhole and other APC stalwarts including former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu and President Muhammadu Buhari.

Of late, Obaseki and Wike have been at loggerheads amid a crisis rocking the PDP as the former backed PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar whilst Wike continued to demand the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu as a precondition to support Atiku’s presidential ambition for 2023.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/wike-apologises-to-oshiomhole-regrets-working-for-obasekis-re-election/

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by slivertongue: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
“I listened to you (Wike) attentively and you said Peter Obi is coming tomorrow. I want to congratulate you for that because I also invited Peter Obi when I was governor and those executive exchanges have a way of communicating to our people that political divide is not war,”

221 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by muykem: 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2022
I knew from the beginning that Obaseki is not a human being.

241 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Peterobiisathie(f): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
Go and sin more

71 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by FrancescoFarino(f): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lols nawa ooo

now,who's who oooo

they won't say who is who...lols

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by ecolime(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
Wike knows how to pepper dem sha.

Wednesday... Oshiomole
Thursday... Peter Obi
Friday.. Buhari
Monday.. Kwakwanso.

All these just to hurt Atiku cheesy

But truly, Obaseki na ungrateful MF. The guy na proper definition of snake.

240 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by MrCGPA(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
W
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Majesty2(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
God bless Tinubu

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Mikelarteta(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
Oga go join them if you want jare. Your gra gra don too much. Or Better still decamp go firm your own party and be the presidential candidate it’s a free world.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by alimiadedayo1: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
muykem:
do you know him personally?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Chinjo2: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
Obaseki is not like Ortom or any of the so called G5 Governors. Because you supported him you now wanted to turn him to your errand boy. In Edo, we hate tyrany go and ask Oshiomhole. And in case you have forgotten, Edo no be Benue.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by DennisEche(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
Mr Project, Come to River State in the Next 20 years you will see the mark of Wike Projects but some people are making us to believe OBI turned Anambra to Dubai but it is not visible. God bless Soludo

107 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Odogwua: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
"Peter Obi is coming"

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Daviestunech(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
the way those useless politicians betray their people is the same way they betray themselves....spits

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Austindark(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
I don't know what Wike asked from Obaseki that resulted in their fallout, but I think Obaseki should have been loyal to Wike.
Wike risked all to get him back in the corridor of power.
Never bite the Finger that feeds you.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by fasmukol: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
grin
But this Wike self?
Where exactly does he belong to.
Infact, Wike is the perfect definition of 'I belong to nobody but I belong to everybody'

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by rajiedreez: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
smiley na the season dey cause all these
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Anatakuebira: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
slivertongue:
“I listened to you (Wike) attentively and you said Peter Obi is coming tomorrow. I want to congratulate you for that because I also invited Peter Obi when I was governor and those executive exchanges have a way of communicating to our people that political divide is not war,”
world best word. If there is anything like that in English cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Pathfinder2090: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Obi is coming and nobody or nothing can stop him from taking over Aso Rock not even PDAPC

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by iLegendd(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Politicians! Politics!

Game of lies, deceit, betrayal, and finally, looting.

4 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by GoldenJAT(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
See them!!
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by JoeNL22(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
For God so loved the world that he gave us Omoluabi Ahmed Obi, and that whoever votes for him shall not fail but have a successful life.

20 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Echoban: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
politicoNG:
[b]

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/wike-apologises-to-oshiomhole-regrets-working-for-obasekis-re-election/

Meanwhile pride will not let Edolites follow Oshiomole advice in the name of fighting godfather. Now they ended up with a cluless Gov. grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Roboto11: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Edo no be Lagos.

Don't you really want it to be like Lagos?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by iampeterben(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
The Jagaban of PDP! Wicked! Abi Wike!
Capital respect for the Ikwerre man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by southsouthking(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Yes will know, but 2 things played out during the Edo governorship election.

Number one, Was Oshiomole aligning with pastor Ize Iyamu, the same person he once told us was a thief and a known cultist, who destroyed his friend manhood during their university days in Uniben.
It was like he was playing with Edo people intelligence, he knows the average Nigerian man is very intelligent.

No 2 was Tinubu having the guts to tell Edo people who to vote for, it's not done anywhere.
That been said, we now know who Obaseki truly is.
He's a snake in green grass.
Edo people have made their voices known, come February 2023, we'll vote for ObiDatti.
Edo is LP, LP is Edo.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by BigYash: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
muykem:
With that his urgly face. You dey mind am,he couldn't do half of what osho did. Osho mistake was picking ize as candidates, if not this mumu for no come on board. Candidates when u think say them go work, na them dey fuckup pass,e.g Buhari, Obaseki, now soludo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by donforeign: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Obaseki is a fool ..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Ekpeitut: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
muykem:

Shebi he is an alien from mars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesters Attack Oyo Governor's Office / Kingsley Moghalu Loses At His Own Polling Centre. / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today: Uncommon Facts About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.