Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Upcoming Artistes: Why Money Shouldn't Stop You In 2023 - By Amechi Okoli - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Upcoming Artistes: Why Money Shouldn't Stop You In 2023 - By Amechi Okoli (143 Views)

How To Choose The Right Producer For Your Songs - Written By Amechi Okoli / Upcoming Artistes Get In Here / Amazing Offer For Upcoming Artistes . (2) (3) (4)

Upcoming Artistes: Why Money Shouldn't Stop You In 2023 - By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2022
Why Lack Of Money Shouldn't Stop You From Pushing Your Music In 2023 - By Amechi Okoli

According to Billboard, hip hop is the most popular music genre in the world. That aside, international music industry experts estimate that Afrobeats will become one of the 3 most popular music genres in the next 5 years.

So, why are these statistics relevant to upcoming artistes in Nigeria?

It's because there's a lot of money to be made from these genres, and more than 90% of our upcoming acts are doing either one of the two - Hip Hop or Afrobeats!

With that being said, 2023 has to be the year to push harder than ever (that's if you're not already doing so).

I know what you're thinking - The music industry is capital intensive and you don't have the funds for a major push. However, there are some good reasons why lack of money shouldn't stop you from pushing your music hard in 2023.

1. You Can Work With Cheap Producers

If you can't pay 500k for song production, then try and scratch out 10k. Trust me, there are talented producers out there that charge that low.

And even if the producer's mix is wack, just make sure your vocals are dope, and your talent will be recognized all the same!

It's better than doing nothing, isn't it?

2. You Have A Smartphone

This is 2022, and you don't need to pay a radio DJ or TV presenter to promote your art.

Use your smartphone to open as many social media pages as possible, and use the same phone to make videos of yourself rapping, singing, or just acting a fool (whatever rocks your boat), then upload and bombard your content all over the internet.

Do this relentlessly just like Vic-O, and watch your fanbase grow...Even if you're wack!

3. You've Got Friends

Let's face it, not all your friends give a hoot about your success (until you actually succeed). But there are those who genuinely care, and these are the ones that can help you raise some cash for the things you need to push your music hustle forward.

I'm not saying you should beg them for money, rather, offer them something valuable in exchange for cash (e.g your single, album, or EP).

When I released my book last year, I made more than N200,000 from selling to my friends alone.

By the way, e get some of my guys wey I still dey vex for wey no gri buy my book. LOL.

4. You Have Time

You might not have all the cash in the world to promote your music, but I'm sure you have time (You can't lack both na, haba!)

Dedicate your time to your craft more than anything else. Create content, spread it, create more content, and keep spreading it. Also use your time to follow and study those who are doing well in your field and apply as many of your findings to your own career.

DO NOT waste your time on things that aren't relevant to your music.

5. Make Yourself Visible To The Right People

If you've got a dope piece of content, tag, hashtag, and mention the handles of as many relevant people when posting it on social media (specifically Instagram). It'll cost you nothing!

Last year, legendary American super-producer Swizz Beatz and Verzuz TV posted my Verzuz article on their Instagram pages and stories.

This happened for 2 reasons - Firstly, My article about their platform was dope....And secondly, they CAME ACROSS IT because I hashtagged and mentioned their handles in the article.

Don Jazzy and Olamide have signed several artistes because they came across their content on social media. Just in case you didn't know!

I hope this helps. I wish you all the best.

Written By Amechi Okoli

Have You Watched This Freestyle? / Harman Kardon Onyx 6. / Get Your Music On Mtn Music Plus And Callertune And Earn For Downlolus