Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari (678 Views)

Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap / Enugu Govt Awards Multiple Contracts For Infrastructural Development / Hameed Ali: "Lazy People Are Crying Of Hunger Under Buhari’s Government" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Napata77: 1:34am On Nov 18, 2022
Construction Completed on Nigeria’s $1.5 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port

Tom Page, CNN

Updated 4:33 AM EST, Thu November 17, 2022

Lekki Deep Sea Port

Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial center, has a storage problem. At the West African trade hub’s shipping terminals, projected demand for container space far outstrips capacity. To narrow the gap, the state has embarked on one of the region’s most ambitious infrastructure projects, Lekki Deep Sea Port.

Construction of the $1.5 billion port, located east of Lagos city, was recently completed, designed to handle the equivalent of 2.7 million 20-foot-long container units a year.

With a 1.2 kilometer quay, the 90-hectare site becomes the largest port in Nigeria, significantly expanding the country’s ability to process imports and exports.

The port arrives at an important time for Nigeria’s economic outlook. According to the African Development Bank Group, the country’s economy is projected to grow at a decelerated rate of 3.2% in 2022-2024, while the oil sector has contracted amid low production and inflation is close to 17%.

Lekki Port is expected to create nearly 170,000 jobs, according to its developers, and generate $360 billion over the next 45 years, per the Ministry of Transportation.

It is located close to the Dangote Petroleum Refinery, which is currently under construction, and when completed will be capable of processing 650,000 barrels of oil per day.

Both the port and refinery sit inside Lekki Free Zone, a 16,500-hectare free trade area, the masterplan for which also contains a proposed airport, a start-up community, and commercial and residential areas.

The port, the refinery and the trade zone are among the biggest infrastructure projects in the continent.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/17/africa/lekki-deep-sea-port-construction-completion-spc-intl/index.html

CNN

1 Like

Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 2:13am On Nov 18, 2022
Looking back at how horrible our infrastructures were prior to 1999 and now, sincerely, we have made significant progress so much that I get pleasantly shocked when I look back and compare to now when some places had developed massively and transformed phenomenally. A case in point is that same Lekki axis which as at 1999 had just a narrow road from VI all the way to Epe! The huge transformation of that axis is the vision of Asiwaju and today being celebrated globally.

I am grateful to God and all our democracy heroes like NADECO, Asiwaju Tinubu, Late Chief MKO Abiola, GCFR, for fighting for the return of democracy.

That is why Asiwaju Tinubu will be the best one to take over after a civil war veteran retired General like PMB. Asiwaju used his progressive and brilliant politics to win the war against anti-democratic forces and mediocrity in governance.

Asiwaju Lokan. He is the most brilliant, most experienced, most patriotic and the most competent among all the Presidential candiadates.
Asiwaju lokan!
God bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
God bless Nigeria for ever!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Napata77: 2:56am On Nov 18, 2022
lol

You people turn everything to political campaign.

Na wa for una. wink
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Buccalcavity2: 3:00am On Nov 18, 2022
Politics aside, democracy is really a blessing to Nigeria. I was privileged to visit many states before I left Nigeria and can say while we are not there yet, infrastructure is growing in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Biafranodogwu55: 4:13am On Nov 18, 2022
We will do more with peter obi
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by temitope27(m): 4:38am On Nov 18, 2022
Biafranodogwu55:
in afterlife abi? grin

6 Likes

Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by pasuma(m): 4:50am On Nov 18, 2022
Mr governor please do obaino type of roads, obi roads don wash ...

Biafranodogwu55:
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Napata77: 6:19am On Nov 18, 2022
Buccalcavity2:
Politics aside, democracy is really a blessing to Nigeria. I was privileged to visit many states before I left Nigeria and can say while we are not there yet, infrastructure is growing in Nigeria.

You're 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Ezewuzie01: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2022
It is a shame on Peter Obi the demented thief from Anambra state that he doesn't have a legacy worth showing on CNN except his black and black ogboni outfit.
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:47am On Nov 18, 2022
grin grin grin grin CNN self don dey chop from our national cake, wetin concern them Na business grin grin grin

For them to praise one deep seaport in an already over congested state

Is the president wise or foolish

I don't understand, what is there to praise

Well CNN, I no blame una, na business una dey do cheesy chop their money!
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2022
Buccalcavity2:
Politics aside, democracy is really a blessing to Nigeria. I was privileged to visit many states before I left Nigeria [/b]and can say while we are not there yet, infrastructure is growing in Nigeria.
[b]Why you no stay enjoy the infrastructure undecided

grin grin funny people
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by EKONGKING: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2022
The next president should spread development all over the country.
Failure to do so will only suffocate Lagos.
Re: CNN Hails Nigerian Infrastructural Development Under Buhari by aylive02(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2022
Tinubu is obedient

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Am Convinced That PO Will Win Kano State / Bola Tinubu Meets Niger Delta Stakeholders In Delta State / Obidients In Ondo State Take Peter Obi's Evangelism To Next Level (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.