Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 (19472 Views)

World Cup: Babayaro Names 2 People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure To Qualify / Qatar Is Ready For "Qatar 2022" World Cup (Photos Of Stadiums) / Russia 2018: Gernot Rohr, Pinnick Set To Clash Over Invitation To Tammy Abraham (2) (3) (4)

Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by naptu2: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2022
Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022

November 16, 2022 10:24 am

Former Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr says the decision to sack him by the then Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Amaju Pinnick cost the team a place at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Rohr was sacked last December after guiding the Super Eagles to the playoff round.

The Super Eagles however failed to qualify for the global soccer fiesta after losing on aggregate to eternal rivals, Black Stars of Ghana.

“Pinnick said my dismissal will avert a disaster, but in the end he created the disaster that cost Nigeria the ticket to the World Cup,” Rohr told Eagle7FM Sports Radio in an interview anchored by Osasu Obayiuwana.

“I regret that I did not take my team to win the World Cup, I regret my players will not be at the World Cup even though they deserve to be there.

“It was not my decision, it was a decision by Pinnick and his board.

“He was punished for this as Nigeria lost the chance to win the AFCON and did not qualify for the World Cup.

“I hope he takes better decisions now as a member of the FIFA Council.”

Rohr will be in Qatar for media work.

https://www.completesports.com/rohr-pinnick-responsible-for-super-eagles-failure-to-qualify-for-qatar-2022/

21 Likes

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by naptu2: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2022
Note: This article was published a day before Nigeria lost to Portugal in a friendly match.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by WibusJaga: 7:37am On Nov 18, 2022

Let's leave the blame game.
Aside Osimhen, how many of our players are currently making impact in Top European leagues?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by handsomeyinka(m): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2022
True talk..

Pinnick should bring back rohr..

His better than this mumu....

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by salbis(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2022
I regret that I did not take my team to win the World Cup,... Dis man funny sha. grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Judolisco(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2022
Dat one Don go... Move on

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Nostring: 7:38am On Nov 18, 2022
Yeye.. instead make all of una accept na una fault even our yeye players sef undecided... Den dey shift goal post. undecided

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by money121(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Realguyman1(m): 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Na them sabi. When the calamity(Buhari) at the top is destroying all section of the country, tell me why his subordinate wouldn't do the same thing?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by phonny22: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
We are the architect of our problems

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by sukkot: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
angry lets dissect the nigga name. PIN means to be glued down and NICK means prison. so the nigga is bringing an energy of to be stagnant and locked in bondage and that is the state of super eagles. in order for the eagle to soar PIN NICK gotta take that bad energy somewhere

your name determines the energy you shower on things under your control

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Abokilongthing: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Nigeria still da play football I nor know oo
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by kushma(m): 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Move on already biko, imagine trashing we collect from Portugal yesterday.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Tboymessiah(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

Nothing is working in this country....even relationship no dey work again.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by ShoeWorld2(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Eriokanmi: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2022
We knew already. Nigerian teams will always experience this mess untill the day politics and greed are removed from NFF

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Antoeni(m): 7:41am On Nov 18, 2022
This Pinnick man is Never a Serious man , Always at Every Comedy shows, When Will he have time for NFF , such a useless man

18 Likes

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by justicechichex: 7:42am On Nov 18, 2022
So many people saying if Rohr had still been incharge of the super eagles, maybe they'd have qualified for the world cup.. Who knows? Amaju's administration was bad. This current one is gonna be even worse.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by djoe21(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2022
kushma:
Move on already biko, imagine trashing we collect from Portugal yesterday.

The boys are not motivated. They probably would have done better if they were actually going for the world cup.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Booty4ker(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2022
That pinnick is a basters I swear
Like what was the fault of rohr when he was sacked, the man that guide us to play off oo, pinnick is just a currupt basterd I walahi

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by 2blessed01(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2022
So y are you PAINED nw
That you're SACKED
OR
That SE did not make it to the WC cool
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Rainstormer: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by phemmyfour: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2022
salbis:
I regret that I did not take my team to win the World Cup,... Dis man funny sha. grin grin
I guess he was referring to Afcon grin

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by SK1SOLA: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2022
Truth be told, when some High level individual who see themselves as Demi GOD keep interfering the activities of a coach failure can't be averted.
Why picknick all the time?
This world cup pain me I swear.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by masseratti: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2022
Crap talk... Eagles lost more matches under him than any previous or succeeding coach.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by Adesina18111(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2022
This Pinnick is one of the most corrupt chairmen NFF would ever have...I wonder why He is still there...to me...Super Eagles were doing better under Rohr....and we too believe in foreign coaches...kilode?...The new coach Peseiro abi wetin be his name no get any reasonable achievement and yet they went ahead to employ him... judging from yesterday friendly against Portugal...The coach is clueless....

Vote wisely in February, 2023

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by sylve11: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2022
sukkot:
angry lets dissect the nigga name. PIN means to be glued down and NICK means prison. so the nigga is bringing an energy of to be stagnant and locked in bondage and that is the state of super eagles. in order for the eagle to soar PIN NICK gotta take that bad energy somewhere

your name determines the energy you shower on things under your control

Up till this moment i have not seen your mail.

Na so you dey do? undecided cool
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by lolu2019: 7:50am On Nov 18, 2022
The fact is,we don't av good players.i am going to watch the world cup with love from my heart.no regret.

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by sukkot: 7:50am On Nov 18, 2022
sylve11:

Up till this moment i have not seen your mail.

Na so you dey do? undecided cool
hehe brotherly no vex. na naija life. too busy
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by joxxy01(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2022
He is very correct, Pinnick costed Nigeria this world cup..He knows nothing about soccer, he is just a politician and how funny it is that he has succeeded in handing over to his lower version.. Nigeria football lack real leaders

Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by bigdammyj: 7:53am On Nov 18, 2022
Noted.
Re: Rohr: Pinnick Responsible For Super Eagles’ Failure To Qualify For Qatar 2022 by damble: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2022
CKC member. (ALAWADA(Comedian), ONI IRO (Liar)

How Rwanda's Victory Over South Africa Can Help Super Eagles Qualify / The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) / Belgium Top, France 2nd, Nigeria 34th In Latest September FIFA Rankings