Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,456 members, 7,801,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? (391 Views)

Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It / Parents, This Info Will Change Your Childrens Educational Lives. Please Read / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by YoungLionken(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
The screenshot below motivated me to open a thread on this..

We have heard/seen people(especially men) spent lavishly on women(who are not even their wives), yet, their own parents is a pity at home. Your parents don't look okay, compared to what you could have/can do for them, but you are not so disturbed, since they're not in the category of people you have to impress so hard..

It's even disheartening that some of these men, sacrificed one of their parents (mother especially), for ritual purpose, only to impress worthless (when compared to the worth amd value of his parents) people; spending heavily at clubs, hotels, ceremonies, etc..

Few others make money without blood sacrifice, but forget the basic needs of their parents..

Again, if what you spent on sex, smokes, drugs and drinks (fairly this year alone), are much more than the peanut you've sent your parents in all their years as your parents, then you've done nothing but evil against them..

It's ridiculous and shameful to say that, some men find it very easy to spend on women but, extremely hard to provide what would make their parents enjoy the rest of their few years on earth. Let alone their siblings..

Don't forget that, we shall become parents soonest (some of us are already)..

Mr chairman sir, 2022 just have a month and few days left, what have you done for your parents without finding excuse??.

Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2022
A lot..we thank God and pray for more
Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by oldienavie: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2022
One of the reasons why Africa is backward.

Rather than Parents working to give their children a better life and leave them with inheritance as its done in developed countries.

African parents abandon their chikdren, refuse to invest and save fke their future and old age but rather spend money on thier own dieing aged parents with the expectation that thier own children will cater for them in their old age.

As a result each passing generation is better off than the incoming one, effectively condemning a whole race to a life of poverty and servitude.

How can you bring children to the world with the expectation that they will be the ones to take care of you ? What kind of warped thinking is this ?

Parents have a responsibility to take care of their children and not put the burden of raising one child on the other.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by Lamanii22(f): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2022
Little things for now I pray God blesses me with a better job so I can do bigger things for my parents
Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by chinae(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2022
Atleast they know I will not bring home trouble of any form wherever I am.
Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by regsysbba: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2022
. Among its numerous features, it incorporates financial aspects, advertising, and deals. https://www.regenesys.net/bachelor-of-business-administration-in-retail/ Additionally, understudies chasing after a BBA in this field will be exceptional to deal with the difficulties of the retail business in any industry.
Re: What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? by HarlequinLekex: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2022
Not making their efforts go in vain, you are supposed to understand

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Travel To America | I Left My Husband / Steps To Relocate With Your Family To Canada Without Taking The IELTS Test / The Ambulance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.