Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa (4644 Views)

ASR Africa Donates 25 Operational Vehicles To NDLEA / ASR Africa Donates 3million USD For Development Initiative In Niger Republic / Pictures Of Dangote Rice Mills In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by aminulive: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
Leading African Industrialist, philanthropist and Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu, through his ASR Africa Initiative, has donated 200million Naira to the Jigawa State Flood Disaster Committee to provide emergency relief efforts for those affected by the recent flooding across the state. This donation by ASR Africa will be channelled towards support for internally displaced persons, provision of food items, medicine, and rebuilding communities destroyed by the recent floods.

Speaking on the donation, Abdul Samad Rabiu, said that the adverse impact of climate change remains a clear and present danger to human security and development in the global south. “Nigeria, and Africa, contribute less than 6% of global emissions yet bear the biggest brunt of the negative impact of climate change. [/b]The recent flooding in Jigawa and elsewhere across Nigeria, and Africa are a pointer to that. Whilst we must continue to advocate for a better deal at all levels for countries most affected by climate change, we have a responsibility towards our people to mitigate the impact of the recent floods on them and their livelihood.”

[b]Rabiu went further to state that the 200million Naira donation to Jigawa state will be channelled properly to intended recipients and monitored within the ASR Africa mutual accountability framework to ensure judicious use.

The Governor of Jigawa State, Muhammed Badaru, expressed appreciation for the donation, and urged the committee to be equitable and just in the distribution of the palliatives and cash.

Over the past three years, the Abdul Samad Rabiu Africa Initiative’s fund for Social Development and Renewal, and the BUA Foundation, have actively intervened in various humanitarian activities within Nigeria and Africa from COVID-19-related support to health, education, social development, and security interventions.

https://politicsnigeria.com/asr-africa-donates-n200-million-for-emergency-flood-relief-in-jigawa/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by kingamaa(m): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
Soup don land for some people

I hope and pray the money is used judiciously for the purpose it is meant

1 Like

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by dynicks(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
If only the donors would secretly follow up on how the money is gonna be dispensed...

They will be in for a SHOCKER!!

4 Likes

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Moh247: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
cool

Kano born Billionaires

There is something about, Kano State, Borno State, Ogun State, and Anambra State

These states have good number of selfmade billionaires and also Rich Families

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Tboy222: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
G
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by OmoAlphonso101: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
Alright
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Oasis93(f): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
H
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by incandescentena: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Kano born Billionaires

There is something about, Kano State, Borno State, Ogun State, and Anambra State

Home to realists

4 Likes

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by BigDawsNet: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
Wow

I believe the money will reach the right hands...
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Victoria938(f): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
This is a highly commendable gesture. Thank you ASR AFRICA
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by phorget(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
Unfortunately the money will still be looted.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Emu4life(m): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nice Gesture. Hopefully, doesn't get looted by Nigerian Polithiefians
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Houseofglam7(f): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by digitalmonster(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
That is my Silent Billionaire and Role model.

“If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor its your mistake.”
just know that you can't do anything about the circumstances you were born into. But where you go from there is up to you. You may not be able to choose to be a billionaire, but you do have an opportunity to improve your finances and your life at any time.

I always advice people that care to listen, make money for yourself, seek money making skills... The internet is there for you to explore.

Do you know that you can be a Millionaire right here in Nigeria helping international companies and businesses generate customers leads online?

Yes, that's what CPA Marketing is all about... (Read up my CPA Marketing Strategy threads)

And your financial life would change forever.

Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Pwettylinda(f): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
No one cares about a terrorist state undecided

Terrorists religion
Bandit people
Kidnappers
Killers

I no just know may God punish Lord Lugard may he die again the second time in grave

Because I no really know how these three people take relate oo angry
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by dele1727: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
grin grin

Let think like a particular set of people....

So this rabiu guy can only donate to jigawa state.. instead of distributing the money to all affected states...

This people are tribalistic and self centered ...imagine all the people in a particular state that are billionaires including a billionaire presidential candidate that donated billions and billions of bread to other state including their own state affected by flooding ...

Only billionaires like those from this state have the good interest of this country at heart..

They are the true Nigerians

Not tribalistic and religious extremists product of quota system like abdulrabiu
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by angelina08(f): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
I appreciate the generous donation by Abdul Samad Rabiu and his ASR Africa Initiative in providing relief to those affected by the recent flooding in Jigawa State.

This thoughtful gesture demonstrates a commitment to helping communities rebuild after devastating floods.

This funding will be used for much-needed items such as food, medicine, and other essential resources to help those affected by this natural disaster.

I think it is essential for the committee responsible for channeling and monitoring the funds to be held accountable to ensure they are being used judiciously.

This will go a long way towards providing much-needed aid and restoring hope to those affected by the floods.

It is also important to remember that the causes of climate change across Africa must be addressed to prevent similar disasters.

This can be done by ensuring more sustainable development practices, investing in renewable energy sources, and reducing emissions.

Overall, I am encouraged by Abdul Samad Rabiu and his ASR Africa Initiative in mitigating the effects of climate change and providing relief to those affected by the floods.

This article demonstrates the positive impact that proactive humanitarian efforts can have on communities across Africa and serves as a reminder of the importance of taking action to create a better future for all.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Bobbiee: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Money that's going to be stolen almost immediately. Less than 20 million would actually be left for the purpose for which it was sent
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Kano born Billionaires

Well let me give my analysis to the above. Majority of those family up north made their wealth through government patronage and connections. Example is Indimi that got oil blocks from Babangida. Ogun state billionaires are majorly industrialists with strong Ogboni backings grin. Anambra billionaires are majorly drug barons and ritualists. cool
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Realists(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Kano born Billionaires

Aboki Amaka, the real billionaires don't make noise but act, unlike our audio billionaires from the forsaken sun.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by chatinent: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good gesture from my man.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by EdiskyHarry: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
Why not give this money to south South that is worst hit by the flood.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by money121(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ok
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Adenugay(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
beautiful
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by RestructureNig1: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
This should be coming to Bayelsa but the FG removed Bayelsa in top ten most flood states in Nigeria
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by ArewaNorth: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
dynicks:
If only the donors would secretly follow up on how the money is gonna be dispensed...

They will be in for a SHOCKER!!

I received credible report this morning that they're giving the victims 5k only in some LGs out of the N1b donated by Dangote, BUA, Dantata among others.
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by Grgt0n: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Kano born Billionaires

You are right
Re: ASR Africa Donates N200 Million For Emergency Flood Relief In Jigawa by dynicks(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

I received credible report this morning that they're giving the victims 5k only in some LGs out of the N1b donated by Dangote, BUA, Dantata among others.
my brother.....those at the helm of affairs in this country, needs total redemption..!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Richest Top Ten Youngest Nigerian Techies / What Are The Benefits Of Becoming A Firstmonie Agent / So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.