Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC (17437 Views)

Wike: Politicians Distracting Voters With Same Faith Ticket’s Argument / 2023: Northern Group Lists Osinbajo's 'Sins', Warns Nigerians Against Voting Him / Massive Campaign Against Voting In Aba Today, By IPOB Youths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by ibrahimabba7: 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kgTkPjpLo

The Bishop of Kaduna Catholic Archdiocese, Most Reverend Mathew Ndagoso has urged Christians not to vote for any political party that fields same-faith ticket for the 2023 elections .

Rev Ndagoso said that such tickets do not promote equity, fairness and unity especially in a diverse country like Nigeria.

Speaking at an event in Kaduna on Monday, Bishop Ndagoso insisted that religion is an important factor to be considered for in the nation’s socio-political charter, which any political party or presidential candidate must take into consideration when making their choices for elections.

The bishop was of the opinion that the nation’s religious, social and cultural diversities are a blessing that can and should be harnessed by those in leadership positions.

“Nigeria is a very diverse country, we come from different cultural backgrounds, religious backgrounds, and social backgrounds and our diversities are not a curse; they are blessings from God.

“All we need are leaders who will be able to manage and harness these diversities as to enrich our country. Therefore, the kind of leader Nigeria needs is somebody who has the ability to manage our differences and bring everybody together and give everyone a sense of belonging.”

He further admonished Christians not to waste their votes and to avoid voting any political party that fields same faith ticket into power, adding that any party that is insensitive to the feelings of Christians must be ready to live with the consequences of their action.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/11/21/same-faith-ticket-catholic-bishop-warns-christians-against-voting-for-apc/

116 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by shemauaminuharu: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2022
Any Nigerians promoting the candidacy of All progressive congress APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu to retrace their steps in the interest of Nigeria

255 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by sundayabuo47: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
APC Government Are Religious Ethnicity And Any
Government That Doesn't Have Ethnic, Religious And Women Inclusion In Their Leadership Are Promoting Division, Tribalism And Religious Ethnicity In Our Country.
The Only Competent And Unified Candidate Dr Peter Obi Who Has The Interest Of All Nigerians In His Heart And Has The Capacity To Delivered Good Governance That Would Benefit Every Single Nigerians��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEsgzEKXG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUklT2jSD8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBgMMjEohs

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by muhdaliyuh: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
In a country where the predominate religions are "Islam and Christianity".
This time more than ever, in our nations history, we need a leader that will unify our country.
2023, we need a leader that will involve all the 6 geo-political zones, in the system of governance actively.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by MandelaLives: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
Good. But, it's not only same faith ticket that should be condemned but also one tribe succeeding another tribe. If religion is an important factor in the Nigerian socio-political order, so are region, and tribe.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by abdullahiyuuf6: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
Omo jungle don dey mature. APC has a lot of red flags copied with bad governance, criminals and questionable characters of their candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4EecHMp38

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by keymatt(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
The people supporting Muslim-Muslim ticket are the very people that will unleash violence against Christian-Christian ticket. Such hypocrites.

I stand for the truth!

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Urheadmaster(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
shemauaminuharu:
Any Nigerians promoting the candidacy of All progressive congress APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu to retrace their steps in the interest of Nigeria

I get your points tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Urheadmaster(m): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2022
angry

Selfishness is the only reason people are still supporting Tinubu and APC.

Aside from selfish interests, you have no reason to throw away your vote by voting for Tinubu tongue embarassed

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by smileyoo: 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
I appreciate the courage of this bishop, for coming out to say the truth , without any pretensions, like most of his colleagues .
most of these christian leaders are irritatingly pretensions, instead of speaking boldly against injustices done to them and their members , they will be forming political niceties, until when it's too late, to fight against the injustice.
in this 2023 elections, Oga tinubu is bent on setting a bad example of same faith ticket, and most of these docile christian leaders are keeping quiet, as if there's nothing wrong about it, until when they start experiencing the consequences of their criminal docility.
politics is everybody 's business, therefore needless of all these pretensions and political niceties, because what is bad is just bad.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by PrinceOfLagos: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nlfpmod sir, I think this thread is front page worthy

12 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Acidosis(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
keymatt:
The people supporting Muslim-Muslim ticket are the very people that will unleash violence against Christian-Christian ticket. Such hypocrites.

I stand for the truth!

Same here. Whatever you won't eat, do not sell it to others.

Since Tinubu came up with that idea, MURIC suddenly went mute, waiting for that ticket to sail before unveiling a side we've never seen.

The real heroes are the Muslims who refused to be fooled with that same-faith ticket.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Racoon(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
Gbam! Catholic Bishops always saying it as it is.Remember the good old days of Sunday Mbang and Cardinal Oyenekan as CAN chairs. The Muslim-Muslim ticket is never based on any shitty competency based issue.

Those promoting this devilish thing are just up for two things; to ensure the old order of maintain old sick and corrupt geriatric brigade of politicians in govt or up to attempt complete the religious subjugation trend.God forbid it and we must also forbid it.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Thebigheart: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Is Nigerians turn

6 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by ShoeWorld2(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Forget about competence, same faith tickets speaks opposite of equity and fairness.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Sharatan(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
muhdaliyuh:
In a country where the predominate religions are "Islam and Christianity".
This time more than ever, in our nations history, we need a leader that will unify our country.
2023, we need a leader that will involve all the 6 geo-political zones, in the system of governance actively.
Well spoken

7 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Throwback: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
I go with the advice of Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Matthew Hassan Kukah.

I am a Catholic and will vote based on competency and past accomplishments, not promises from a desperate ticket hunter who is known to be a liar and unable to keep to his word.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by dyera(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Tinubu places too much importance on reward for loyalty and less importance on competence when choosing people that will work with him. This is why Tinubu will be worse than Buhari if he succeeds in becoming the president of Nigeria.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Lovenorth: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
I don't think there is a Christian that would vote for APC at the presidential level grin, I also don't think that there is a sensible northerner of either religion that can vote APC grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by aspabay(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
APC will definitely win this election

1 Like

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by marlow1962(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Don’t know why Nigerians love suffering.
We are the problems to ourselves, because of peanut that won’t last 1week you called black kettle white .(not good my bro).

1 Like

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by victorsola: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
ibrahimabba7:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/11/21/same-faith-ticket-catholic-bishop-warns-christians-against-voting-for-apc/
we have been having Christian Muslim ticket all the while where has that gotten us . Stupid people will not focus on what is on ground will be chasing shadows . So far the person has a good track record and has a sincere mind to rule . That’s all that matters . Presently we have a pastor and a mregular Muslim. Yet boko haram increased under their watch so , to me the cry is not about the religion it’s about who is up there if the person really has the people at heart .

2 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by FactBoyz: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by isaaczik: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Tinubu why are so bat that people avoid you?
Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Parachoko: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
A Catholic Bishop can't tell me who to vote for in the 2023 Presidential Election

victorsola:
we have been having Christian Muslim ticket all the while where has that gotten us . Stupid people will not focus on what is on ground will be chasing shadows . So far the person has a good track record and has a sincere mind to rule . That’s all that matters
Gbam!!! You have said it all

The only thing that matters to me is competent, not religion.

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

31 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Teenaira: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
ibrahimabba7:

I am a Christian and I can never vote for that perpetual liar bearing a Christian name called Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by 9jaBloke: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
smiley

You are not a christian

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by Tingotoe: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
I'm not Catholic and so don't take orders from the Roman church. He can tell that to his congregants but as for me, I'll vote whoever I please and it won't be Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC by chris4gold(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nice 1

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Grid Collapses Again / Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case / El-Rufai Sworn In The Second Time As Governor Of Kaduna + Full Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.