Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup (13458 Views)

What Is Your Most Preferred Football Formation? / Chelsea: Todd Boehly Chosen As Preferred Bidder For Premier League Club. / The Hilarious Pidgin English Football Commentary On DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Expanse2020(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arab commentary funny die

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by elpochas: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic is very funny in commentry especially when their is goal or they are describing an incident in the match.But I love the Spanish way of shouting goal.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by condralbedez: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pidgin....waffi levo

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Olam09(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
scholes23:
Before the Qatar 2022 world cup, Super Sport introduced football commentary in local languages across African countries and this has given subscribers the opportunity to listen to commentary in their local language and as a matter of fact, most of them prefer listening to their mother tongue rather than English.
I hear and speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo but after taking time to listen to the three languages except pijin English, and without any bias, I prefer Igbo commentary cos it's interesting and he adds life and humour to the commentary and just like English broadcasters, he also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs. This makes football interesting to watch

So guys, what's your pick?

I prefer English commentary

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by omolayomi06: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
though I be Yoruba but I like that pigging girl. That girl Dey make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Richardakintaro(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by HomeTutorsPro: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
scholes23:
Before the Qatar 2022 world cup, Super Sport introduced football commentary in local languages across African countries and this has given subscribers the opportunity to listen to commentary in their local language and as a matter of fact, most of them prefer listening to their mother tongue rather than English.
I hear and speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo but after taking time to listen to the three languages except pijin English, and without any bias, I prefer Igbo commentary cos it's interesting and he adds life and humour to the commentary and just like English broadcasters, he also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs. This makes football interesting to watch

So guys, what's your pick?
I prefer to listen in blubla lubablu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by capricornlady: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kinda loved the pidgin cos it makes me feel like the match is live in naija cheesy sometimes i get irritated thinking i'm watching Warri wolves & Eyimba playing , then i switch immediately to have the feel of a real international match grin They are both good, very innovative idea cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by BABANGBALI: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Latin. The language of the heavenly Angels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
That pidgin guy is the funniest of them all

The guy is trying with his humour

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by meobizy(f): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
A South African company employed Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and pidgin speakers to run live commentaries. Wouldn’t God punish Nairalanders so? If the country’s companies packed up from our region, we’d be worse off. Don’t forget that High Definition videos were seen for the first time by Nigerians from using Multichoice. Till today Nigerian providers have zero provision for HD broadcasts. Unrepentant ignorance won’t kill us in this country.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Streetmovement(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Na that pidgin funny pass grin but I'll still stick to the English commentary cuz that's the official commentary language of football

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by akanbiaa(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Sablexxxtoons: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lol .. i came across pidgin English commentary today on Supersport.. its funny

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by clockwisereport: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
English

Dat pidgin English is boring

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by membranus: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
English. Pidgin is a put off.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by JOemmy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
VIKTO83:
That person wey introduce pigeon English no go make heaven.
Them be like people way dey sell local medicine for market.

I thought am the only one that don't like it the pigeon commentary is so disgusting to listen to they sound like commendians I don't know the people that advised DStv to go for that option.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by kosssy: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
Brainlight:
IF THE CAN SPEAK IN TONGUES.... I PREFER.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Jeffyblaq(m): 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

Whatz this Blu Bla bablublu I'm seeing of late everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by pat077: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
If he no be pigin, he no fit be like pigin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by membranus: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

Pls log on to the channel and enjoy yourself, it's free to the air.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by WilsonBright935: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Metro here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by masseratti: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
enemmo:
For Qatar 22

English, just because the commentators run actual commentaries, giving useful info

The pidgin guy is funny, buy he gets carried away with his comedy.
exactly what I was telling my friends yesterday...no info about players I told them am here to watch a football match not a comedy show,if I want comedy I know where to go and watch that.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by foleskay(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Iv not eaten something meaningful for the past few days. My boss died and we've not been paid for two months now. His family has frozen his acct. Pls 1K WILL GO A LONG WAY TO FEED TONIGHT. PLS ANY AMOUNT TO ASSIST ME PLSSS.

0..1..6..7..41..6_3_5_2. U NION BANK. THANKS
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by gabbasin: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
I have listened to the yoruba and pidgin commentaries but the commentators don't give details about the players, the commentaries are just hype nothing more,

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by KaluwisxPRO: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pidgin.

Except for that small chapel girl wey wan use slangs murder herself. As a Warri boy, no be everybody fit dey understand her type of slangs.

So make she bring her mind down focus on the games.

I can give the men %85 well done commentary

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Qardinalcaptain: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Oduduwa commentary in Sunday igboho voice
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Arespect10: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
and without any bias I prefer Igbo commentary cos it's interesting and he adds life and humour to the commentary and just like English broadcasters he also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs

You're proven your biased here. To the above third bolded
Go and listen to Hausa commentary if u understand the language, they also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs just like the way English commentators do
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Elizkid: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jeffyblaq:

Whatz this Blu Bla bablublu I'm seeing of late everywhere?

Na Tinubu incantation grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by goodheart01: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
emmabest2000:
Chinese.....
If you listen to a Chinese female commentators....
You no go enjoy listening to any English commentators again,
Though it is for those that understand Chinese language very well .... grin

They comment like they’re moaning

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by PHZADDY1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
Have you listened to Peter Drury??
The god of football commentary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Team Nigeria's Poor Olympics Performance: Causes? / I Won’t Celebrate If Man United Beat Chelsea, Says Mourinho / Liverpool Spoil AC Milan's Champions League Return In Five-Goal Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.