Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,914 members, 7,799,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Sow In Tears; Reap In Joy! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sow In Tears; Reap In Joy! (150 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500k Seed - Daddy Freeze Reacts (Video) / Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sow In Tears; Reap In Joy! by topshore(f): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
Scripture Text: Psalm 126

"Lo, children are the heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is a reward from Him"- Psalm 127:6.

Parenting is all about sowing with tears and reaping with joy. Every parent look forward to see and enjoy the dividends of their labour and investments in the lives of their children. Parents are sowers!

Like a tree, the life of a child is a seed planted, nurtured to grow to become a young plant, and later to a full grown and strongly established tree that grows branches and bring forth fruits. The stages you went through nurturing your child from the womb, to labour and travails, the sweat, sacrifices (both physical and spiritual) are the tears you're sowing. If such child's destiny is not derailed, diverted, manipulated or fragmented, you'll surely reap and enjoy according to God's divine purpose.

However, how do you nurture your children?
It's a very terrible thing to labour in vain. I pray that we shall not labour in vain in Jesus mighty name (amen). So, to avoid wasted labour, it's very important to bring our children up in the way of the Lord so that they don't depart from it when they grow up.

The four daughters of Philip (the great evangelist and Christ's disciple) are good pointers and worthy to mention. Philip's daughters were undefiled and prophetess of God. They were God's mouthpieces (Acts 21:8-9). Can you say these about your children?

As godly parents, we need to honestly answer these questions:
- Do you concentrate on yourself and leave your children to themselves without teaching them the way of life as a child of God and how to relate well with others?
- Are you busy with your career and personal achievements at the detriment of your children?
- Do you leave your children care totally with helps, carers, nannies, neighbours and son without you paying attention or having time to check on their physical, emotional and spiritual welfare?
If you are guilty of these, you need to stop!
If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do? These loopholes are the likely sources of evil seeds into the lives of children uncared for by their parents. When these evil seed grows, parents shall also reap the repercussions of the carelessness and inability to watch over God's own heritage entrusted to them. Have you ever thought about why God didn't give your nanny that very child He entrusted to you? So, why entrust the child to the nanny? Are you telling God you can't run His divine errand? God cannot be mocked. What you sow, you'll surely reap. Please, repent!

Our children are our future glory, it's advisable that we build them up having divine purpose in mind. Not only our children but our children's children. Lois and Eunice, the grandmother and mother of Timothy, respectively sowed good seed seeds into his life, such that he became a committed disciples of Paul and reputable man of God.
Don't bring your children up like Eli's who reaped premature death and lost his priesthood.

The divine mandate God Has given to us parents is to: "Be fruitful, and multiply, subdue and replenish the world"(Gen 1:28). Let's nuture our children to prosper in the things of the Kingdom of God. Even after we've all gone back to be with the Lord in future, our generations shall continue to prosper in the Lord. God Himself testified to Abraham's godly parenting, what can He say about you?

God bless you.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:
" Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus mighty name I pray, amen "

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Culled from Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol 7, 2022.

-

(1) (Reply)

Sounds And Voices @ Church Dedication Of New Igbo Executives Aberdeen, UK / Divine Love III / You Are Unstoppable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.