Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment (9299 Views)

Oyebanji Mourns Ekiti Speaker, Afuye / Ekiti Speaker, Funminiyi Afuye Is Dead / Why We Resisted Fayose’s Ambush On Ekiti Assembly – Ekiti Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by AngelGabbyShara(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2022
Why I didnt interfere with Assembly matter – Oyebanji

… As APC leaders present Adelugba to Governor

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has reiterated his commitment to the rule of law and separation of powers affirming that he did not interfere in the affairs of the State Assembly nor had a preferred candidate for any leadership position of the House.

The Governor, who stated this on Tuesday when the new Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly was officially presented to him by the APC leadership in the state led by the party chairman, Barr. Paul Omotoso at the Governor’s office, noted that it was inappropriate for jim to meddle with the activities of the Legislators, adding that as the Chief Security Officer of the state, he was saddled with the responsibility of ensuring protection of lives and property.

Mr Oyebanji expressed his appreciation to the leadership of the APC in the state for resolving the family disagreement saying it was not a crisis because democracy comes with strains and stresses as well as internal mechanism for resolving them which , according to him, the party has used effectively.

He commended members of the House for demonstrating that the confidence their constituents and the leadership of the party reposed in them was not misplaced, assuring them of government support at all times.

The Governor used the opportunity to remind the new Speaker of the budget that was still with the House of Assembly appealing for speedy passage of the bill.

“My comment begins with an appreciation to the party leadership for resolving this family disagreement, its not a crisis, democracy comes with strains and stresses, their contestations, their disagreements but the beauty of democracy is that there are in-built mechanism to resolve it.

"And that is what has played out. APC is one, I’m a loyal member of this party, APC gave me the platform to stand on, without APC, I will not be here today.

“I refused from day one to be drawn into it simply because I swore to an oath to defend the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The constitution is clear of the powers and functions of all the arms of government. I am leading the executive arm of government, they don’t interfere in what I do and it will be wrong and a violation of the constitution for me to interfere in what is going on in the House of Assembly.

" What I have done as your governor is to ensure that I protect lives and property and that is within my power as the governor of this state. I have not interfered but I’m happy with the outcome. As progressives, we have a culture and the culture is respect for the leadership.

“And Madam Speaker, our budget is before the House of Assembly and we are working so hard to ensure that we deliver on our promises to Ekiti people but we cannot violate extant rules and regulation. I am appealing for a speedy passage of the budget.

" There are lots of things we ought to have brought before the honourable House but we are waiting for the passage of the budget”.

“While congratulating the new speaker, I will just plead with the party chair to bring in everybody and for the first time, I will have to quickly respond to all the insinuations on the social media on what has happened in the House of Assembly, it’s a family affair and as a family we would resolve it. He said.

Earlier, the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Bunmi Adelugba noted that there was no rancour within the state House of Assembly and expressed her appreciation to the party chairman for the role he played in ensuring that the party decisions were adhered to.

Rt. Hon. Adelugba said further, “All along, everyone refer to Ekiti State House of Assembly as the most peaceful, dutiful with particular mention of the number of bills that we have passed as we don’t joke with our legislative activities.
While appreciating the Governor for not interfering in the internal affairs of the Legislators, the new Speaker pledged the unflinching support and allegiance of the entire members of the House to the party as well as continue to support the Governor and the government of the state to move the state forward to achieve the laudable promises made to the people.

She promised to ensure speedy passage of 2023 appropriation bill.

Formally presenting the new Speaker to the Governor, the Chairman of the party, Barr. Paul Omotoso revealed that the Governor blatantly refused to meddle with the affairs of the House because of the fact that he had no choice candidate among the members saying it was strictly party affairs.

Barr. Omotoso commended the Legislators for demonstrating maturity in choosing the person they believed could lead them effectively adding that the party was ready to pally with the new Speaker, members of the House as well as the government to achieve desired results.

The meeting also had in attendance the Deputy Governor, Chief (Mrs) Monisade Afuye, Deputy Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Hakeem Jamiu; Secretary to the State Government, Dr (Mrs) Habibat Adubiaro; Chairman of APC in the state, Barr. Paul Omotoso and his state exco; members of the State Executive Council; 18 members of the State House of Assembly and APC Chairmen of the 16 local government areas.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02FoE5YvnBemwGLJUA9tjWGbm1YUvprqNLvBNPaYwhM9PubgFfpFd3mz1kizhDEaAgl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

1 Share

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Jestin: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2022
I want to use this my FTC space to appeal to Nigerians to vote wisely in 2023. We are tired of all this old and senile politicians who is holding this country by the balls and don’t want Nigerians to breath fresh air

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by temitope27(m): 7:30am On Nov 23, 2022
Y should you
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by iconicceo: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2022
You didn’t interfere openly but low key, you’re enjoying the drama��

7 Likes

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Lionstep: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Ok..... you're very much aware before it happen, so it's not like you are not informed.
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by yomalex(m): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2022
No p
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Formularcr7: 7:32am On Nov 23, 2022
You for Put mouth for wettin no concern you
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by spartachico(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Afi suru

i will be jamming Lagbaja -surulere track now ,because if we no wan get sense for this country atleast that track should give insight to do right by voting wisely come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by dalass(f): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2022
grin

He knew, probably instigated it but didn't say anything openly till it was carried out. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Kaa4(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Won se anko ni? Why are they in the same color and laughing?
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by bennybuhari: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Mumu man
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by BogitechNG(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Formularcr7:
You for Put mouth for wettin no concern you
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by premierlead: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2022
But it's you people's work...you and some party leaders are the one drumming underneath

Ekiti of mess with so many professors
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by fasho01(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2022
You're still new to the seat that's why. Very soon you'll start scheming for your successor
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by temitope27(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2022
Jestin:
I want to use this my FTC space to appeal to Nigerians to vote wisely in 2023.
yes we are voting wisely, JAGABAN IS COMING

2 Likes

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by money121(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Alexiiydon: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2022
Jestin:
I want to use this my FTC space to appeal to Nigerians to vote wisely in 2023. We are tired of all this old and senile politicians who is holding this country by the balls and don’t want Nigerians to breath fresh air
obi the youth you and sense Dey fight
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by pode(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2022
Apc with their madness
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Guyman01: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2022
7 members out of 25 impeached a speaker with Police mounting guard and you didn't interfere, who is the Chief Security Officer of Ekiti State?

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by 175(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2022
Bloody liars

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Mcbayo(m): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2022
Very intelligent governor. I didn't vote for you because of the party you emerged from (APC) . I knew you are a good person . I wish you all the best
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by ObalendeCMS: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2022
It’s a pity in ekiti...
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2022
Lies
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by bestman09(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2022
shocked
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by 2blessed01(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2022
Ok...now you're sounding like you didn't know wots going on grin grin grin...
Wehdone sir...

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by Brushless: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2022
iconicceo:
You didn’t interfere openly but low key, you’re enjoying the drama��
Abi o!
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by ufuosman(m): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2022
See person wen give approval for back grin grin
Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by damocool(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2022
Mcbayo:
Very intelligent governor. I didn't vote for you because of the party you emerged from (APC) . I knew you are a good person . I wish you all the best
What's intelligent about him? Wasn't he consulted before the emergence of the illegally impeached speaker? Fayemi is ruling in proxy, meddling with the affairs of the state, while his puppet is folding his arms for the scare of being impeached.. He's a spineless man. Fayemi is an enemy to the state, and if he continues to meddle with the affairs of Ekiti, then Banji will be be as good as a deputy governor to fayemi.

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Why I Didnt Interfere In Ekiti Speaker's Impeachment by techWriter1: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2022
You knewn’t interfere openly but low main, you’re enjoying the drama��

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai: Desperate Opposition Politicians Out To Run Down Buhari's Achievements / 1.6 Million Poor Households Paid N10,000 Stipend Bimonthly – FG / 9th NASS, One Of The Most Productive In Nigeria’s History — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.