Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option (28438 Views)

NCDC Just Shot Themselves In The Leg / UPDATE OF THE WOMAN, LUKAYAT PRAYS AND SMILE AFTER THE SURGERY, VIDEO / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Finneseguy1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Why not tinubu, so sorry champ wishing you quickly recovery
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Ekpekus(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hip replacement surgery...
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by mariahAngel(f): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Finneseguy1:

Stop wishing people bad.
The energy you put out will return to you.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by dalongjnr: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2022
Please check this link out.
https://nohkano.gov.ng
This is one of the best and one of the oldest orthopedic hospital in Nigeria. Their services is also cheap.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Lukuluku69(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
captainamiedi1:

He said if his parents where educated or have some knowledge, they would have done things differently. The average Nigerian know that anything hospital is money. if you go down the street and ask many poor people they will tell you hospital is not free. it's just the phobia

I get your point. I am just saying. They paid the Nurse with the "bad" injection.

And I have met people who have never went to any School (Western and Ile-kewu at the Hospital.

I know that there is a phobia for hostipals because of bills even moreso now with the Economic crunch but it wasn't like this before.

With as little as #500 you can access a primary health care center in Lagos from 1988-2010. I know so.

Registration is free for kids from age 0-10

Consultation is free

You only get to buy drugs at the Pharmacy/dispensary. Max 1K.

And mind you, there were loads of awareness campaings to approach the Hospital if you have health issues. And if you can't pay, you can ask people for assistance. There is no shame in it. I have asked for assistance and I have given assistance too.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Najdorf: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, recover soon
Wetin be yo fish?

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by jubrilELsudan: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
HIM DON DEY USE FORMAT TAKE EMBEZZLE THE MONEY WEY DEM GIVE AM FOR HIM CHESS IN THE SLUMS FOUNDATION

TOMORROW NA SPINAL CORD REPLACEMENT HIM GO SAY HIM NEED TO DO

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Sablexxxtoons: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
I dread those pharmacy" and "nurse

E better make i google my symptoms research am... But there was no Google then i guess
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by OdefaGirl(f): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
DissTroy:
I have a problem with people who share the most intimate details of their lives on social media for 'likes' and sympathy, and as 'content' to get attention.

I don't do it, I warn my lady not to it and warn my closest loved ones never to do it.

He has the money now and can undergo surgery quietly. He can talk to mentors and loved ones privately if he needs comfort.. People on social media don't care. Take your most personal issues offline and away from the public and solve them, unless you can't. He has the money now and can easily get correctional surgery.

I have a strong dislike for such people and mute them. Pansies all over.

It's not that serious, at least I have known him now. Not bad.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by hapholaby: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
God is your strength. Quick recovery man!
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by membranus: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
The Almighty God will see you through. HE never fails in showing up when needed.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by mariahAngel(f): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
DissTroy:
I have a problem with people who share the most intimate details of their lives on social media for 'likes' and sympathy, and as 'content' to get attention.

I don't do it, I warn my lady not to it and warn my closest loved ones never to do it.

He has the money now and can undergo surgery quietly. He can talk to mentors and loved ones privately if he needs comfort.. People on social media don't care. Take your most personal issues offline and away from the public and solve them, unless you can't. He has the money now and can easily get correctional surgery.

You could've chosen to see that someone (at least) could be inspired by his story, but...

It wasn't so much about his struggle, did you not get it?

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by creolehunt: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
omonnakoda:
This your strong dislike is it your problem or the problem of the person you dislike?

What he has written is true and i share such dislike for people who always bring their personal lives to social media especially when they have an identity.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by omonnakoda: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
creolehunt:

What he has written is true and i share such dislike for people who always bring their personal lives to social media especially when they have an identity.
Whose problem is the dislike the disliked or the disliker?
Goats dislike their owners

Does not change their destiny

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by windvane(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:
Read through. Twice. I quite sympathize with you but if you grew up in Lagos, accessing Health Care is not as strenuous as you put up in the write up.

Up on till some 3-4 years ago, it is Free Service from Age 0-10years. You parent could have take advantage of that. I think LASG made it so from 1999 or so.

All in all, may the Good Lord send helpers your way and take care of your health needs
when it comes to measles,IT IS WRONG TO ADMINISTER INJECTIONS!!That is what the hospital doesn’t tell people…I know of a lady that had same at age 3,after injection ,she became dumb..she can hear you,she will try to talk but no sound comes out,very pretty lady..She later traveled to US at age 23

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by windvane(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Finneseguy1:
This is very wrong,you have parents and family memebers,you would be happy if someone wished them bad health…
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by windvane(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

I get your point. I am just saying. They paid the Nurse with the "bad" injection.

And I have met people who have never went to any School (Western and Ile-kewu at the Hospital.

I know that there is a phobia for hostipals because of bills even moreso now with the Economic crunch but it wasn't like this before.

With as little as #500 you can access a primary health care center in Lagos from 1988-2010. I know so.

Registration is free for kids from age 0-10

Consultation is free

You only get to buy drugs at the Pharmacy/dispensary. Max 1K.

And mind you, there were loads of awareness campaings to approach the Hospital if you have health issues. And if you can't pay, you can ask people for assistance. There is no shame in it. I have asked for assistance and I have given assistance too.
a bigger and louder awareness needs to be done about administering injections for measles ……80% of kids don’t come out normal after it
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Cosmatikka: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
He needs a total hip replacement on that left side.

It costs £14,000 in private hospts in the UK

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Lukuluku69(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
windvane:
a bigger and louder awareness needs to be done about administering injections for measles ……80% of kids don’t come out normal after it

Very true. But check, almost ALL Injections for Measles were/are done by private arrangements of Nurses and quacks?

Of you approach the proper place in this case which is the Hospital where experts will attend to you, you will see the difference.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Lukuluku69(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
windvane:
when it comes to measles,IT IS WRONG TO ADMINISTER INJECTIONS!!That is what the hospital doesn’t tell people…I know of a lady that had same at age 3,after injection ,she became dumb..she can hear you,she will try to talk but no sound comes out,very pretty lady..She later traveled to US at age 23

The situation is quite unfortunate. But mind you, the Profession of Medicine and it practiaces are based purely on what I will call " Educated Guesses"

Most diagnosis are purely guesses backed by Education.

That prescription after Consultation are guesses based on what you told the Doctor and what he/she observed. Simple.

Sometimes they missed, but most time they get it right.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Missionaire: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

You could've chosen to see that someone (at least) could be inspired by his story, but...

It wasn't so much about his struggle, did you not get it?

Thank you Mariah...
Was actually going to say something similar.
His story inspires people to give out their best and live their best lives the remaining days of their lives leaving behind a good legacy because they will not live forever.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by JudahTheDream: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
HIM DON DEY USE FORMAT TAKE EMBEZZLE THE MONEY WEY DEM GIVE AM FOR HIM CHESS IN THE SLUMS FOUNDATION

may God forgive u!
u no get conscience at all,u think everyone is like our politicians? To u now all he said are lies abi? Can u stand being accused wrongly in ur time of pain? God dey sha

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Juleedear(f): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
nlfpmod:
Founder of Chess in Slums, Tunde Onakoya shares story:

https://twitter.com/Tunde_OD/status/1595343156597456896

Total Hip replacement surgery is done in university of calabar teaching hospital with no complication by Prof Ikpeme (chief medical director). We have had several successful surgeries in the last 5 years. I know better because I have nurses them to recovery and discharge. The surgery is expensive but not Up to 5million naira.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by jubrilELsudan: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
JudahTheDream:

may God forgive u!
u no get conscience at all,u think everyone is like our politicians? To u now all he said are lies abi? Can u stand being accused wrongly in ur time of pain? God dey sha

THUNDER FIRE YOU

IF HIM CONSCIENCE DEY CLEAN....THEN WHY HIM MIND PEPPER AM TO GIVE US NEWS BROADCAST ON THE MATTER?

LIKE HOW E TAKE CONCERN US?

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by JudahTheDream: 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
jubrilELsudan:

THUNDER FIRE YOU

IF HIM CONSCIENCE DEY CLEAN....THEN WHY HIM MIND PEPPER AM TO GIVE US NEWS BROADCAST ON THE MATTER?

LIKE HOW E TAKE CONCERN US?
thunder fire u n ur entire generation! How many of ur useless leaders u don face say he chop money? Ewu
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by MMempire(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
I wrote down these words:- "I'm not sure what the future holds, but for the next 10 years, this frail body will house the greatest spirit humanity will ever know"

~ Tunde Onakoya ~
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Pootle: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, recover soon

yo meat, recover soon
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by patwilly(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
DissTroy:

You sir are my soulmate
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by Yemlizzy(f): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
Such a sad story, I follow this guy’s empowerment programs and how he has helped a lot of kids in several ways. Poverty really dealt with a lot of us, i’m glad he is in a better place now. His growing up and swallowing a lot of pain is not something I would wish for anyone.

I really pray and hope for a successful surgery for him. A lot of our politicians and very wealthy people in Nigeria haven’t impacted anyone the way this young man has. He has put endless smiles on the face of many. May God continually bless and replenish his purse. I too cannot wait to contribute my quota to the society and especially the downtrodden ones.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by ObalendeCMS: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
jubrilELsudan:

How the guy take get money? Do you have an idea about his net worth?

The way he’s talking I no even understand.
Re: Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option by 99thEnemy(m): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
maasoap:
Most men are guilty of neglecting or hiding their health challenge, they just find a way to live with it
cry

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Atrial Fibrillation.

Palpitations.

Arthritis.

High blood Sugar.

cry cry cry cry cry cry

All na one person carry am cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average / Quack Doctor Arrested In Lagos After 11 Years Practice (photo) / African Journalists Decry Racist Monkeypox Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.