Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,983 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:52 AM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (79186 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Aareona: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

661 Likes 60 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by faithfull18(f): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Let's trade places grin. You will be fine.

In this life, knowing what you want, why you want it, is very essential. One has to live above the noise and know why you are doing what you are doing.

But OP, some people are enjoying this abroad you are complaining about, such is life. What works for one may not work for the other.

What am I saying sef, long story short, know what you want, why you want it and why you are doing what you are doing, avoid the crowd mentality or the 'everybody is doing it' thingy.

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by eastgates1: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
For your sanity please rant, it is very important.

391 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Yes, it might be lonely but however, you seem not to know what you want.

If you're in Nigeria, there are only few businesses you can do that will generate steady and good revenue for you but what about the quality of life and other basic things?

And as you're in Canada, there are things you definitely will benefit that those living in Banana Island can never benefit with their billions.

Everything in life has sacrifice and focus. Know what you want! This loneliness bla bla bla is stale. It's no more news. Stop the comparison and focus on positive things.

256 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
The "come back to Nigeria na" will soon get here in 1,2,3... � Here we go

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
Yes, it might be lonely but however, you seem not to know what you want.

If you're in Nigeria, there are only few businesses you can do that will generate steady and good revenue for you but what about the quality of life and other basic things?

And as you're in Canada, there are things you definitely will benefit that those living in Banana Island can never benefit with their billions.

Everything in life has sacrifice and focus. Know what you want! This loneliness bla bla bla is stale. It's no more news. Stop the comparison and focus on positive things.

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue

291 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue

Ordinary emergency line is useless even if you live in Banana. Probability of you dying before your family get you to the clinic is high!

460 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Ordinary emergency line is useless even if you live in Banana. Probability of you dying before your family get you to the clinic is high!

Okay thank. Again, I attribute this to ignorance. Maybe if you get to know some of us have been to these countries y'all glorify, it'll make a little difference

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

Okay thank. Again, I attribute this to ignorance. Maybe if you get to know some of us have been to these countries y'all glorify, it'll make a little difference

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.

335 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Let's trade places grin. You will be fine.

In this life, knowing what you want, why you want it, is very essential. One has to live above the noise and know why you are doing what you are doing.

But OP, some people are enjoying this abroad you are complaining about, such is life. What works for one may not work for the other.

What am I saying sef, long story short, know what you want, why you want it and why you are doing what you are doing, avoid the crowd mentality or the 'everybody is doing it' thingy.

As I've said also, he lacks focus. He's the type that wants it all, which is not possible. He clearly don't know what he want. 3 years and you saved less than $20k. Nobody knows his job or living habit and he can't use his own life to judge things. Some save more than that while some don't. This life, you sleep on what you lay.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by advanceDNA: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Let me reach there first and experience the lonliness ur are talking about...

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.

I work with an international organization in Nigeria. Left Canada few years back. And I will tell you now that while healthcare isn't really strong in Nigeria, you can have access to doctors, nurses and health centre easily more than you can in Canada. It's also cheap. Some people prefer to fly home for surgery because of the expense.

I'm also currently in Canada for a conference. Need I tell you I can't even wait to leave already by next week.

263 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sisisioge: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hmmmm....one of the mistakes I have observed in Nigerians living abroad is living alone. Life is too sedentary in Canada for that. Better find yourself a partner and start sharing your world before you start seeing things. No be ordinary reason make most people doing the Canada runs do it with a partner. The winter is enough to make singles depressed fa....it is well.

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....one of the mistakes I have observed in Nigerians living abroad is living alone. Life is too sedentary in Canada for that. Better find yourself a partner and start sharing your world before you start seeing things. No be ordinary reason make most people doing the Canada runs do it with a partner. The winter is enough to make singles depressed fa....it is well.

LoL. Left Canada permanently two years ago. I'm currently there for a conference slated to end next week and can't even wait to leave already. I do wonder why people kill themselves to be here, but I can understand

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Human wants/needs are indeed insatiable.

Una go complain about Naija, complain about U.S., complain about U.K...so so complain.

Carry dem go heaven dem go still complain say the place too white or the angels clothes as dem depict am to us too bright...haba..

God, nature, and the universe abhors ingratitude and complains to no end.
Why would your savings not perpetually be hovering below the 20k mark when all you see and do is negatives?

Una no understand life and her workings.

You attract what you exhude...logic, but not a simple one to wrap an immature and inexperienced mind around.

Whiners....

Make una get to work and mould your ideal country. We dey wait.

Integration, acclimatization, and adjustment are always foreign to you whiners and negativists.

NB
Are Nigerians the only people emigrating to the West?

Go to the US, Canada, and the UK to understand that Nigerians are learners in migration.

These other immigrants particularly the Indians and Latinos migrate in droves, set up businesses, and taking up much of the business spaces while helping each other grow and expand.

But our own na "I want be the only one to succeed so that every one go dey worship me and if I fail in that regards, I'd start canceling and discouraging emigration over unfounded half-truths".

The US for example was made by immigrants and slaves and is today a melting pot of every culture in the world because it is what it is.

There are enough jobs that they do not have citizens willing to do them and the immigrants of today whose home countries are nothing to write about are picking up these jobs with all pleasure and raking in fantastic earnings.

Sickening...

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sisisioge: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

LoL. Left Canada permanently two years ago. I'm currently there for a conference slated to end next week and can't even wait to leave already. I do wonder why people kill themselves to be here, but I can understand

Sebi na because naija no good ni. Security, healthcare, infrastructure.....all failed! What can man do?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

I work with an international organization in Nigeria. Left Canada few years back. And I will tell you now that while healthcare isn't really strong in Nigeria, you can have access to doctors, nurses and health centre easily more than you can in Canada. It's also cheap. Some people prefer to fly home for surgery because of the expense.

I'm also currently in Canada for a conference. Need I tell you I can't even wait to leave already by next week.

You work in an international organization and I'm so sure that they don't use public hospitals for the employees, or well, maybe they only use the private clinics for the high ranking employees, which you might probably be among. In fact, a company that could sponsor you outside the country for a conference definitely see and believe in your potentials and will offer you the best of packages!

Now tell me, how many Nigerians have the opportunity to work in such organization? In fact, many Professors still struggle in Nigeria! And health is not cheap in Nigeria but it's affordable, and only if you have money will you enjoy it!

Even the elites don't use Nigerian health facilities except it's unavoidable. Wether you can't wait to leave Canada or not, it's your business.

196 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
sisisioge:

Sebi na because naija no good ni. Security, healthcare, infrastructure.....all failed! What can man do?

Nigeria is one of the best locations to live in the world but sadly, many things to make it a functional society are not available. So, if you don't have the means to make it more functional for yourself and/or family, then it's wise to emigrate. And migration happens all over the world, it's not a bad thing, even if you live in the most safest of all countries, you might wanna migrate due to varieties of reasons.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You work in an international organization and I'm so sure that they don't use public hospitals for the employees, or well, maybe they only use the private clinics for the high ranking employees, which you might probably be among. In fact, a company that could sponsor you outside the country for a conference definitely see and believe in your potentials and will offer you the best of packages!

Now tell me, how many Nigerians have the opportunity to work in such organization? In fact, many Professors still struggle in Nigeria! And health is not cheap in Nigeria but it's affordable, and only if you have money will you enjoy it!

Even the elites don't use Nigerian health facilities except it's unavoidable. Wether you can't wait to leave Canada or not, it's your business.

Ok

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nko1: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
When you are out of poverty you turned it to loneliness . If almost all Nigerians are given opportunities to move to canada and chose loneliness They will . Their is a glare difference between poverty which almost 90percent Nigerians are facing and loneliness

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nko1:
When you are out of poverty you turned it to lonely. If almost all Nigerians are given opportunities to move to canada and chose loneliness They will . Their is a difference between poverty which almost 90percent Nigerians are facing and loneliness

Everyone knows y'all are poor. Go to Reddit and Quora and see how they yab your country. So, next

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
gaby:
Human wants/needs are indeed insatiable.

Una go complain about Naija, complain about U.S., complain about U.K...so so complain.

Carry dem go heaven dem go still complain say the place too white or the angels clothes as dem depict am to us too bright...haba..

God, nature, and the universe abhors ingratitude and complains to no end.
Why would your savings not perpetually be hovering below the 20k mark when all you see and do is negatives?

Una no understand life and her workings.

You attract what you exhude...logic, but not a simple one to wrap an immature and inexperirnced mind around.

Whiners....

Make una get to work and mould your ideal country. We dey wait.

Integration, acclimatization, and adjustment are always foreign to you whiners and negativists.

Hmmm. Cold don knack this one head for the abroad. The way cold affect brain and your ear will wanna cut

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ok

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by thorpido(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
Like someone said above,you need to know what you want and why you want it.
What are your goals and aspirations?Are you moving in that direction? Financially,are you making advancement?

If you understand the above,then the environment (loneliness,weather etc ) is just a temporary discomfort.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

Hmmm. Cold don knack this one head for the abroad. The way cold affect brain and your ear will wanna cut

If you weren't a deadbeat two-faced hypocrite, why would you want to discourage people from aspiring to the height you had reached and decided to transition on your terms? Kindly tell me why.

Why must everyone see life in Canada and wherever else from your prism?

I'm sure it makes you feel good about yourself being seen and lorded over like a big fish in a small pond here in Nigeria since no one gives an eff about you and what you have in Canada.

Why not allow people decide for themselves if your meaning of cold and loneliness is the same as theirs?

Ungrateful lots.

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Ignore that unintelligent and ungrateful numbskull.

Ask him why he had to wait until the 2 years ago before relocating finally to Nigeria or why he didn't refuse to go to the lonesome Canada for the said conference.

Nonsense mentality.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Mindlog: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
There are many in Nigeria struggling with both poverty and loneliness.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

Everyone knows y'all are poor. Go to Reddit and Quora and see how they yab your country. So, next

You are just a blabbing dickhead...

Who are you and what have you got?

An empty barrel you are...just seal it....

Dingbat

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Kelechi009: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

Abroad is not for everybody, if you read the Bible you will see where God told Abraham to move & Lot (his brother) to move somewhere else.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
gaby:

Ignore that unintelligent and ungrateful numbskull.

Ask him why he had to wait until the 2 years ago before relocating finally to Nigeria or why he didn't refuse to go to the lonesome Canada for the said conference.

Nonsense mentality.

It's really sad when people come online to make it sound like others are not enlightened.

Last week, the CEO of GTCO was discouraging Nigerians from migrating for greener pastures. He claimed to have been working professionally for 35 years. Nigeria of 35 years ago is definitely better than it is now. Did he study here in Nigeria or any of his kids live here?

These elites and rich folks always find a way to paint overseas bad so as for the poor and the masses not to dream of going.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

I never expected better from you. This same country you are talking down on is the one you claimed you can't wait to return to. Inferiority complex and double standards. You're a disgusting creature.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

It's really sad when people come online to make it sound like others are not enlightened.

Last week, the CEO of GTCO was discouraging Nigerians from migrating for greener pastures. He claimed to have been working professionally for 35 years. Nigeria of 35 years ago is definitely better than it is now. Did he study here in Nigeria or any of his kids live here?

These elites and rich folks always find a way to paint overseas bad so as for the poor and the masses not to dream of going.

Whoever listens to them and acts accordingly should have him/herself to blame.

Go out there, explore, and make the best out of wherever it is you find yourself in a legal way.

46 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.