Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (79778 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

I'm there as I speak. And I'll leave. You're the one that should pray to get there. That's the peak of success for most of you

Keep living in your little fantasy world, danfo driver. Don't forget to buy your old wrinkled mother her diabetes drug when going back to your grandfather's hut that she lives with your poor siblings. grin

You this perverted product of incest! grin

4 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bksense: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Keep living in your little fantasy world, danfo driver. Don't forget to buy your old wrinkled mother her diabetes drug when going back to your grandfather's hut that she lives with your poor siblings. grin

You this perverted product of incest! grin

Hmm you know a lot about me. Have we met before?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Kelechi009: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
CountVersailles:

There are many like you. The problem with them and you is that you don't have the will to upskill in a very competitive society. You are doing survival job and getting too comfortable with it. Why wouldn't you feel like this? Take out your time to upskill and earn yourself a good skill that will reward you better financially. Money is easy to make in Canada because they don't discriminate in giving jobs to people.

Please can you write an educative thread on this, thank you.
also areas people can upskill.

5 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Mancala: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

I feel for you sir. It is not easy even for citizens who relocate to other cities within the country to break into social circles. A lot of friendships and relationships in these countries are formed from elementary, high school and college days and they tend to stick to people they've known from way back. However, there are ways for you to make friends, but you will need to invest time and money which is unfamiliar territory for immigrants. First, get involved in the favorite pastimes in your locale. In North America, you would need to develop an interest in things like sports.... football, Hockey/skating (Canada), soccer, hunting, fishing, boating ,camping, volunteering, Church activities etc. Go to the games, join clubs, even the office pools. You just have to put yourself out there and make a conscious effort to make friends not isolate yourself at home and merely try to make your co-workers friends. Yes, you will spend money, but you will have fun, make friends and enjoy your life. I do not subscribe to only trying to make people from your home country your friends. Broaden your horizon, live you life. Don't fall into the trap of waiting/trying to save up and go back to Nigeria before living your life. What about the time you spend saving? Is that not part of your life? Live now sir! Why spend $4k to visit Nigeria? There are a lot of interesting places in North America and Europe you can visit for much less and have a great time. One more thing, I sure hope that $20k you saved is not in cash sitting in a bank account. Invest that money in stocks, bonds, real estate, something. Learn how the average Canadian becomes successful in Canada and forget the way its done in Nigeria. Make that money work for you.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Octopusssy(f): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
If not for how bad things are in this country, why would anyone want to migrate?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
Your business. Still won't stop me from coming over. Canada is my dream country. Go take a piss.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by IFSHR: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
A half plot of land with a uncompleted 3 bedroom flat on the land is available for sale at elejina town, in adamo ikorodu for 6m asking price : Direct from owner : daniellesecrets19@gmail.com
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sonature1: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Let's trade places grin. You will be fine.

In this life, knowing what you want, why you want it, is very essential. One has to live above the noise and know why you are doing what you are doing.

But OP, some people are enjoying this abroad you are complaining about, such is life. What works for one may not work for the other.

What am I saying sef, long story short, know what you want, why you want it and why you are doing what you are doing, avoid the crowd mentality or the 'everybody is doing it' thingy.

That dude is not your village amadioha that made the Canadian authorities deny you visa. You don't need to trade places.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by meobizy(f): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
That place cold. You’re surely a Yoruba boy. Create a harem of five obese females and you’re good to go. Don’t come and worry us when you make in five months more than some people here make in two years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by ednut1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lol this guy is not in Canada. I’m currently in Nigeria on holiday. I have not spent up to 2k dols yet. Flight was 1,400. The person opening all these thread is muna something. Can’t remember his full moniker. He is just frustrated and bitter

13 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gracedson: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
I can relate, I came last year December too, I can’t count how many times I have cried and fell into depression

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by ngBuild: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
Yes, it might be lonely but however, you seem not to know what you want.

If you're in Nigeria, there are only few businesses you can do that will generate steady and good revenue for you but what about the quality of life and other basic things?

And as you're in Canada, there are things you definitely will benefit that those living in Banana Island can never benefit with their billions.

Everything in life has sacrifice and focus. Know what you want! This loneliness bla bla bla is stale. It's no more news. Stop the comparison and focus on positive things.
He knows what he wants and that is to make enough money, bad as e be 20k
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Authoreety: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

Kpele, I feel ur pains... I really do
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by IamPlato(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

invest don't save

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Idaytesj29(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

Bring some of your siblings that are not doing well in Nigeria to Canada, they will be your talk to persons.
Get married to someone that loves you and you love too. Go on a road trip with your family, continue you video calls, create a video channel about what you know how to do well over there.

After some time, you and your wife should visit Nigeria.

Just an opinion

Wish you the best

10 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Bigheart042(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Let's trade places grin. You will be fine.

In this life, knowing what you want, why you want it, is very essential. One has to live above the noise and know why you are doing what you are doing.

But OP, some people are enjoying this abroad you are complaining about, such is life. What works for one may not work for the other.

What am I saying sef, long story short, know what you want, why you want it and why you are doing what you are doing, avoid the crowd mentality or the 'everybody is doing it' thingy.
U end up saying nothing..
Meaningless

5 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by okechuks22: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
That lonely place is better than the whole places in the zoo called Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by paradigmshift(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

baba go Australia.. no come Nigeria o

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by bigtt76(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
Did you leave Canada with a Canadian passport or you did not? I just want to check something undecided

Bksense:

I work with an international organization in Nigeria. Left Canada few years back. And I will tell you now that while healthcare isn't really strong in Nigeria, you can have access to doctors, nurses and health centre easily more than you can in Canada. It's also cheap. Some people prefer to fly home for surgery because of the expense.

I'm also currently in Canada for a conference. Need I tell you I can't even wait to leave already by next week.

4 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
ngBuild:

He knows what he wants and that is to make enough money, bad as e be 20k

No, he doesn't.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by paradigmshift(m): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue
nobody hold u, come Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Franking: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
All that is noted. How are the roads there? Electricity nko? Are there refuse dumps everywhere over there? How about police, army and even civil defence? Do u have herdsmen there who terrorise travelers? Almost every federal highway is plagued by herdsmen.

Anywhere with some level of order is better than Nigeria. Those who make loads of cash in Nigeria can stay in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.
... What are you saying ? Should I count the number of Nigerians that died in hospital abroad ?

9 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by paradigmshift(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

LoL. Left Canada permanently two years ago. I'm currently there for a conference slated to end next week and can't even wait to leave already. I do wonder why people kill themselves to be here, but I can understand
where are you now?
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Melagros(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:
The "come back to Nigeria na" will soon get here in 1,2,3... � Here we go
Abi >: grin
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by dododawa1: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Human being and GREED,never satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by faithfull18(f): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bigheart042:

U end up saying nothing..
Meaningless
You aren't the audience, now run along.

4 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Oga op na konji de worry u like this seriously.. I kw ur penis must have suffered from severe matubation. So u no fit get one steady cheap considerate họẹ to de pork on steady

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
FromTopToBottom:
... What are you saying ? Should I count the number of Nigerians that died in hospital abroad ?

And should I bring out the number of Nigerians that die in hospitals here? Or the ones that died in trado-medical homes? Or the undocumented ones in mushroom health facilities? Or the ones that died before getting to the clinic due to bad roads, no fuel? Or the ones that died at the clinic hours or minutes after they got there because they were unattended to?

Rico Swavey was unattended to until they got to know he was a celebrity!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Regex: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

Check if you can visit America and catch fun and come back. It will be cheaper. A lot of things that isn't problem is what you guys exaggerate.

I stay in Essex, outer London, I was bored but not depressed because I have things occupying my mind like my job, but I decided to go to North London today where my fellow African men are (Nigeria), had my fun and I am on my way back as I am typing. Yes Canada is lonely but common! Think!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:
The "come back to Nigeria na" will soon get here in 1,2,3... � Here we go
..and if you get there, what can you do ? Do you have a skill ? Please don't tell me you have a degree...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) / Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.