Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (79762 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
ednut1:
so what the fuss all about Get your citizenship in 3 years move elsewhere if you feel it’s boring. There Miami and New York to move to. The hong kong you are , any path to citizenship there for u Abeg make una rest
Anyways, best wishes to everyone.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by emmaodet: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
If after 3 years you can save up 20k Canadian dollars from average jobs then bro, I think you are not doing bad.

People hardly save in nigeria even among average salary earners. It’s either they are stuck with one project or the other or buy few properties like land but people hardly have savings in nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by bonnyhope: 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

You mean you have almost $20k within 3 yrs?

Convert that to naira and you know how rich you are

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by kacheezy: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
One of my guys in Canada he claims he hates Nigeria so much, but he watches Channels TV everyday to know what’s going on in Nigeria. I have come to understand that it’s the only way to deal with his loneliness.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by bepositive11: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
faithfull18:

I follow people who are there and they honestly look like they aren't doing bad as they have found communities(church, school, country, career-related) for themselves especially countries where there are a lot of Black people.

They also engage in extra curricular activities like school/community politics/leadership, outdoor learning activities/sports etc. That way, they get to mingle with people.

Well, for persons who are islands and who naturally enjoy their own company, are not comfortable with people around or intruding their privacy, they can stay indoors for years and not feel like they miss anything, those kind s of persons may not necessarily feel the loneliness. These things are relative. I really don't want to give personal examples.

Thank you! All these people complaining about loneliness are their own enemies. They're not putting any effort to join communities and socialize.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
ednut1:
I dey Lagos currently battling traffic and bad roads, heat , keke marwa, fuel scarcity etc. cant wait to return to Canada. All this una loneliness I cannot relate

Wetin you dey find for Lagos. Please leave our Eko for us oh and return to your Canada. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
kacheezy:
One of my guys in Canada he claims he hates Nigeria so much, but he watches Channels TV everyday to know what’s going on in Nigeria. I have come to understand that it’s the only way to deal with his loneliness.

They're very current. They know the news more than you. They always like to know what's happening and not even aware of their local news. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

Sorry for your loneliness. But you have to take steps to change your situation. Engage in community activities, sports events, shows and other engagements. Please take care of your health.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Ordinary emergency line is useless even if you live in Banana. Probability of you dying before your family get you to the clinic is high!

no mind that guy
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Exceed15: 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Well I don't know when you left for Canada. If you come to naija at the moment where hardship, inflation, suicide, kidnapping, etc is the order of d day u go remain for Canada.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by AfonjaPriest: 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

The situation in Canada appears to not be fitting for you. There are people that can cope with the kind of ordeal you are going through. Not every place is for everyone. If the place persists to get on your nerves, make haste to make much and leave before it becomes hopeless to do so. Don't worry; with what you've been put through and experiences had, you'll surely fit in, in another situation much more better, and who knows, it could be what you've really been waiting for to give you the impetus and drive to jumpstart an aspiration you thought was dead. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by thecommunist(m): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Some of us who came back after our studies will remain grateful forever. I remember in 2004 when I arrived in Newyork, JFK. It was like an earthly paradise. I left JFK for Jamaica vis Sutfin Builevard by train where I went to catch Grey Hounds to my school, upstate. The day I was coming back, those naijas there using peplles sola-sola to work thought they had reached their fair haven. Today...looking back, all I can say is thank God. I've been to US several times some I came back. I remember a day i told one of them who chose to stay out , how.much I spent building my house...the vest in the whole of the estate. He was like, where did you get that kind of money from? I work for my money and I own a legit business.

Go there, tap opportunities and come back home and utilise it. Nigeria is hot cake for investments. Indians and chineae would come here with a luggage and a pair if shies but return home millionaires in dollars. Common!
no 2 cases are alike, there are some people who came home like you and are not succesful like you. there are also some who stayed back and are doing better than they would ever have done back home.
again, its a case by case situation and no 2 cases are alike!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by CountVersailles(f): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kelechi009:

Please can you write an educative thread on this, thank you.
also areas people can upskill.
I will shortly
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

I work with an international organization in Nigeria. Left Canada few years back. And I will tell you now that while healthcare isn't really strong in Nigeria, you can have access to doctors, nurses and health centre easily more than you can in Canada. It's also cheap. Some people prefer to fly home for surgery because of the expense.

I'm also currently in Canada for a conference. Need I tell you I can't even wait to leave already by next week.
yinmu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by tshtsh: 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
Yes, it might be lonely but however, you seem not to know what you want.

If you're in Nigeria, there are only few businesses you can do that will generate steady and good revenue for you but what about the quality of life and other basic things?

And as you're in Canada, there are things you definitely will benefit that those living in Banana Island can never benefit with their billions.

Everything in life has sacrifice and focus. Know what you want! This loneliness bla bla bla is stale. It's no more news. Stop the comparison and focus on positive things.

Regarding money I always maintain that anyone that wants to be rich and wealthy will have a better chance in Nigeria than Canada. But for a comfortable, stress-free life Canada wins. I will not leave Toronto to Lagos to go work as an officer again. When I lived in Edinburgh I was so anxious to move to Nigeria that people thought I was rich or had a rich family. I moved back as a youth corper in 2015 and I began to see that a lot of things we took for granted in Scotland were actually big in Nigeria. After NYSC I worked at a bank (so called top 5) as a mobile application developer but the bosses were very reluctant to give me a laptop to work with. They kept saying I just finished NYSC and want to be given a macbook. I used a macbook as a student in Scotland and I didnt see anything special about it. I was supporting the Ghana operations of the bank on a project and when the Ghana team needed me physically present I was told some people had spent 10 years working in the bank and hadn't been opportune to travel outside Nigeria on official duty and hence wont be fair for a young employee like me to go on such trip. As students in Scotland we use to take weekend trips to netherlands, france, spain, iceland, portugal , Gran Canary and as far as miami on one occasion. I couldn't relate. We were not expected to express ourselves at meetings. Everyone was working in fear trying not to offend the GM or ED. I saw the reality of life in the Nigerian workplace. Everyone engaged in one eyeservice or the other to get things that I didn't see as anything. I left Nigeria after a short stint and I was made to understand that workplace hostility and bullying was common practice in many organizations in Nigeria. The fact that I owned a car and lived 10 mins from the office in VI also made my bosses complain about me from time to time LoL.
I was meant to hide my car or pretend to be poor/in need. I believe I prefer my life in Toronto. When I garner the necessary experience and get my business plan/funding right I'll move back to Nigeria for business but not to take up an officer position at a Nigerian company.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by kacheezy: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
Studymore123:

They're very current. They know the news more than you. They always like to know what's happening and not even aware of their local news. grin
It’s loneliness bro, the place is like a different world. God will punish all these politicians for making us leave our home.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You work in an international organization and I'm so sure that they don't use public hospitals for the employees, or well, maybe they only use the private clinics for the high ranking employees, which you might probably be among. In fact, a company that could sponsor you outside the country for a conference definitely see and believe in your potentials and will offer you the best of packages!

Now tell me, how many Nigerians have the opportunity to work in such organization? In fact, many Professors still struggle in Nigeria! And health is not cheap in Nigeria but it's affordable, and only if you have money will you enjoy it!

Even the elites don't use Nigerian health facilities except it's unavoidable. Wether you can't wait to leave Canada or not, it's your business.
please tell him o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
gaby:
Human wants/needs are indeed insatiable.

Una go complain about Naija, complain about U.S., complain about U.K...so so complain.

Carry dem go heaven dem go still complain say the place too white or the angels clothes as dem depict am to us too bright...haba..

God, nature, and the universe abhors ingratitude and complains to no end.
Why would your savings not perpetually be hovering below the 20k mark when all you see and do is negatives?

Una no understand life and her workings.

You attract what you exhude...logic, but not a simple one to wrap an immature and inexperirnced mind around.

Whiners....

Make una get to work and mould your ideal country. We dey wait.

Integration, acclimatization, and adjustment are always foreign to you whiners and negativists.

NB
Are Nigerians the only people emigrating to the West?

Go to the US, Canada, and the UK to understand that Nigerians are learners in migration.

These other immigrants particularly the Indians and Latinos migrate in droves, set up businesses, and taking up much of the business spaces while helping each other grow and expand.

Buy our own na "I want be the only one to succeed so that every one go dey worship me and if I fail in that regards, I'd start canceling and discouraging emigration over unfounded half-truths".

The US for example was made by immigrants and slaves and is today a melting pot of every culture in the world because it is what it is.

There are enough jobs that they do not have citizens willing to do them and the immigrants of today whose home countries are nothing to write about are picking up these jobs with all pleasure and raking in fantastic earnings.

Sickening...
my brother, me I dey here for heaven already o, Nigerians wey dey here too dey complain of the cold weather, dem dey complain sey beer no dey, olosho no dey, the Yorubas wey dey here dey complain sey the food no get pepper and palm oil and na everyday Angels dey make dem do praise and worship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Omoodutodaiwa1: 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
Brotherly get small and come back don't be Mr get all,bro interm of loneliness who friendship help you need to be focus abi you want go sleep for Canada.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by tshtsh: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Richy4:
OP, what about Nigerian association? If u are lonely, find out the day Nigerians are meeting, and join the meeting... They usually have October first party... That is if you are interested..

In your work place, don't some of your colleagues invite you for a night out? Or are you not interested?

If you are a Christian, please join one of the church program... They usually have youth activities outside church program.. like watching the whale, boat riding etc...
Not the same. Most of us made our friends before age 22. Its not easy to make friends as adults especially when you don't share a lot in common. Women who move abroad single are even bigger victims of loneliness

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

get a guy to dig you badly over there merry with u cuddly you
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
tshtsh:

Regarding money I always maintain that anyone that wants to be rich and wealthy will have a better chance in Nigeria than Canada. But for a comfortable, stress-free life Canada wins. I will not leave Toronto to Lagos to go work as an officer again. When I lived in Edinburgh I was so anxious to move to Nigeria that people thought I was rich or had a rich family. I moved back as a youth corper in 2015 and I began to see that a lot of things we took for granted in Scotland were actually big in Nigeria. After NYSC I worked at a bank (so called top 5) as a mobile application developer but the bosses were very reluctant to give me a laptop to work with. They kept saying I just finished NYSC and want to be given a macbook. I used a macbook as a student in Scotland and I didnt see anything special about it. I was supporting the Ghana operations of the bank on a project and when the Ghana team needed me physically present I was told some people had spent 10 years working in the bank and hadn't been opportune to travel outside Nigeria on official duty and hence wont be fair for a young employee like me to go on such trip. As students in Scotland we use to take weekend trips to netherlands, france, spain, iceland, portugal , Gran Canary and as far as miami on one occasion. I couldn't relate. We were not expected to express ourselves at meetings. Everyone was working in fear trying not to offend the GM or ED. I saw the reality of life in the Nigerian workplace. Everyone engaged in one eyeservice or the other to get things that I didn't see as anything. I left Nigeria after a short stint and I was made to understand that workplace hostility and bullying was common practice in many organizations in Nigeria. The fact that I owned a car and lived 10 mins from the office in VI also made my bosses complain about me from time to time LoL.
I was meant to hide my car or pretend to be poor/in need. I believe I prefer my life in Toronto. When I garner the necessary experience and get my business plan/funding right I'll move back to Nigeria for business but not to take up an officer position at a Nigerian company.

I can relate to what you wrote. I lost my job while trying to protect others. In fact I was blackmailed grin. My MD then knew I was of a different stock and he related everything to me. The Nigerian workplace has a lot of challenges which I don't fit into because I MUST express myself if I want and I dislike oppression. However I hope things would be better someday.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Exceed15:
Well I don't know when you left for Canada. If you come to naija at the moment where hardship, inflation, suicide, kidnapping, etc is the order of d day u go remain for Canada.
louder please
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by bepositive11: 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
kacheezy:

Believe me, 90% of Nigerians here are secretly unhappy and lonely but they won’t tell you. I have a relative who convinced me that Canada is heaven, he and his family are so lonely that whenever I visit, the kids beg me to stay longer. They are so sad, lonely and cold.

Maybe Canada is indeed heaven to your relative. The kids may be begging you to stay longer because they like you.

The problem is that most Nigerians are not open and honest so we can never know how they truly feel. You may be right or wrong about 90% of Nigerians secretly feeling unhappy and lonely in Canada, but we'll never know.

I do know that immigrants who are happy in Canada have gone out of their way to join communities and socialize.

6 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by jamesversion: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
ednut1:
I dey Lagos currently battling traffic and bad roads, heat , keke marwa, fuel scarcity etc. cant wait to return to Canada. All this una loneliness I cannot relate

Did you just mention heat?? Like the Nigeria weather is due to bad governance or you want to sound funny?

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
bonnyhope:

You mean you have almost $20k within 3 yrs?

Convert that to naira and you know how rich you are
the money no reach 500k
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by advanceDNA: 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
kacheezy:

Be careful what you wish for.

Oga ..U no know my wish jare
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by BABANGBALI: 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
kaymart:

Lies...
You know how I know,?
There's difference between "I am currently here" and "I am currently there".

Your problem = inferiority complex....
no mind that guy jare

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
thecommunist:
no 2 cases are alike, there are some people who came home like you and are not succesful like you. there are also some who stayed back and are doing better than they would ever have done back home.
again, its a case by case situation and no 2 cases are alike!

It's a fact that no 2 situations are the same. However it doesn't make sense to place your life in precarious situation. Some years ago I went for a conference and some Nigerians were begging us for money. Not that I was surprised, but people fail to make good plans and waste valuable part of their lives, living in fear and panic just because you want to live abroad.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by ednut1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
jamesversion:

Did you just mention heat?? Like the Nigeria weather is due to bad governance or you want to sound funny?

if i have to struggle to buy petrol, or buy diesel at 800 to put on fan or AC. Is that not government

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by luluman: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:

What goes for A ofcourse may not go for B: though there are many here that will do Thanksgiving to have the $20k in there account after the 3 years stay in canada.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by fijiano202(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.
lol... This post is funny.. Buhari may Not die from the heart attack or surgery but the hospital bills can actually kill...

I know someone that is 30yrs but have bills to pay till she's 54

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.