Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US (6905 Views)

Hurricane Fayose!! / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Photos: Hurricane Irene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by poweredcom(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hahaha America and disaster wetin concern ,me shey i dey live for USA, Hissss and click page away
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^have some feeling nah.

hurricanes are dangerous things.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
surprised to see some nigerians say they will tanda dia try beat the weather,we,the same nigerians wey dey fear to go riot cos of death
abeg,u all should stop lying,you know you are already on your way out
na so my friend for galveston den dey yan dust say e go ride am but wghen time begin draw small small he tear comot for dia
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
poweredcom:

Hahaha America and disaster wetin concern ,me shey i dey live for USA, Hissss and click page away
would be rather insensitive if i start laughing at the famine in somalia abi na ethiopia
get a heart
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Roland17(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
Even if Odechukwu brings a Helicopter to evacuate Nigerians , na only am go dey the helicopter go back grin grin, we are fine, emergency personnels are already on ground and also fire fighters, people too close to the path have been evacuated.

Even when he offered to evacuate Nigerians in London during the riots, how many people agree? grin grin he should first of all evacuate people in Borno and Jos suffering from the cruelty of the BOKO BOYS angry angry angry,

I am putting on my favorite spike shoes, the tin sabi carry me far oooo grin grin
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

roland, where in Virginia are you?

Yes o where in VA are you? I'm in Northern VA

There has been so much fuss about Hurricane Irene with a possibility of Cat 3 from NC to ME; I hear the rain will be about 15inch of rain, nothing is happening, shoot. My lamp and torches should suffice with enough D3 batteries. I've done weekend shopping already; food, first aid supplies, lighting equipment, electronics on standby to shutdown in case of "no light", rain gear is checked, everything is complete. Like I said, no shaking, HEHE grin grin grin

I strongly believe it will reach Fairfax because you guys are bordered to the North just like Alexandria, Arlington, pretty much all Northern VA area will be affected, I mean so I heard this morning on the train, I stand to be corrected. Gov. McD declared a SoE for most Northern VA cities closer to the North of NY like I read in the papers this morning. The paper said it will hit all North of NY 250miles out with Cat 3, so you know that you're affected somehow.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by cold(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
Roland17:

I am putting on my favorite spike shoes, the tin sabi carry me far oooo grin grin
grin grin guy you better move into one of the shelters now while you can
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Roland17(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
@manny4life and Βουκέφαλος

My brothers am in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County.

How una dey?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by nadine07: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
i heard it will not reach fairfax county. really not sure
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by safariman(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
The weatherman said all cities within 1-95 will be affected
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2011
I see the rich whites are fleeing - and the poor blacks are here yapping on NL - cheesy

Hurricane Gaddafi Irene - Level that wicked country.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
I trust my Nigerian peeps.
Their solution is to hang on tight to a pole when the hurricane comes.
Keep safe ppl.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is not only in VA and Maryland. . . . the hurricane is expected to travel down to Miami then to the Bahamas. Just heed warning.

If you want God to protect you, dont jump in front of a moving truck.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2011
If i'm not mistaken, the last time there was a power cut in NY there was serious looting.

Yanks can expect the same again if it disrupts power supplies.

Mayhem awaits the east coast - I'm gonna buy some popcorn now and then sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

God punish America.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2011
even at the best of times you still have to be on your guard in new york, how much more during trouble.

anyway, lord have mercy, like i said before.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
People will be trying to escape for their lives, not to loot. But if they want, the hurricane can carry them away with their loots.

Sun god, are you praying for your own FREE share of amerikka's wealth? Just dont get caught with 5 packs of FREE chewing gum.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tefund(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
i  beg  to differ
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^explain.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

People will be trying to escape for their lives, not to loot. But if they want, the hurricane can carry them away with their loots.

Sun god, are you praying for your own FREE share of amerikka's wealth? Just dont get caught with 5 packs of FREE chewing gum.

I'm only interested in the demise of the 'west' - and so far this year has been quite enjoyable.

Europe is screwed - America is screwed.

America cant afford to pay its debts and certainly cannot afford to rebuild after natural disasters.

I dont think all these things are happening by coincidence.

May God continue to punish America and the rest of the 'western' world.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^^ Why? What about Nigerians here? undecided
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
@ sun of god

the west being screwed will not prevent your african brothers and sisters overcrowding the embassies and hopping on anything smoking that can get them out of there.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^  grin

Esp Nigeria where it looks like they have their own customized-made daily hurricanes/tornado put together.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ Why? What about  Nigerians here? undecided

Collateral damage - no big deal.

I'm sure Nigeria will survive.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
tpia@:

@ sun of god

the west being screwed will not prevent your african brothers and sisters overcrowding the embassies and hopping on anything smoking that can get them out of there.

I beg to differ - opinions are changing.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sun of god:

Collateral damage - no big deal.

I'm sure Nigeria will survive.

Survive? Nigeria is surviving on USA's oil money exchange. Weting she go survive?

I asked, how about Nigerians in Amerikka, dont you care about them?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sun of god:

you wish.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sun of god:

Hmm really? Because recent consensus shows that African immigration to the America is on the increase.

seems like Nigerians would rather suffer elsewhere than in NIgeria.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
Some of you need to go and prepare - start saying your last confessions and preparing your wills.

As for me, I'm watching some 'Katrina' videos before the main event.

God punish America.

Later -  cool

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IblL_rXpdu8&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^some of you people are just incurably unhappy.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
tpia@:

^^some of you people are just incurably unhappy.

seconded
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Roland17:

@manny4life and Βουκέφαλος

My brothers am in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County.

How una dey?

Brother, I am here o, waiting for this Hurricane, , I just came out of the rental business office to report damages to my apartment from the earthquake.

@nadine07, ah you are in Annandale, looks like few Nigerians live close to me, anyway, please prepare, don't be caught unawares of the situation.

@safariman, I'm right off 95, by King street, I've been hearing conflicting stories all day; however, the papers did confirm that it will hit northern VA badly, although Gov. McD declared a state of emergency for eastern VA residents and has issued authorities to cities for evacuation in the case it tracks our way. According to the Express this morning I read on my way to work, they confirmed that it will extend past 250miles and more, and since Northern VA (Fairfax County included) is bordered north, I'm assuming that it will affect us. Nevertheless, I'm gonna be home and PRAY nothing will happen.

Nothing to be scared about, you guys should chill and relax but make sure you stock up on all supplies (emergencies / first aid kit, backup batteries, rain gear, electrical components, etc), make calls to you insurance reps to make sure in the case of damages, that they are covered, lol, and most importantly an escape rout just in case, and hope for the best, Peace be unto everyone.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by nadine07: 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
@ manny4 life i live in annadale, intresting to see nja people leave around the area, i guess u leave in alexandria,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why EKO ATLANTIC CITY May Just Be The BIGGEST 'Plot Of Water' In Africa! / How Yahaya Bello Is Wasting Kogi Resources / Anambra: APC Fixes N22.5 Million For Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.