Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims (26417 Views)

WAEC Timetable Is Anti-muslim - MURIC Cries Out / Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by ogododo: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2022
24th November, 2022

PRESS RELEASE:

MURIC TO NIGERIAN MUSLIMS : AVOID CHRISTIAN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES

An Islamic human rights organisation, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has advised Nigerian Muslim students and their parents to avoid applying for admission into private universities owned by Christians pending the time the National Universities Commission (NUC) would sanitise them.

The group alleged that Christian proprietors of private universities are yet to purge themselves of tramadolised religiousity and deep-seated hatred for Muslims and their faith. This is manifested in forceful conversion of Muslim students, compelling Muslim students to attend church service and disallowing female Muslim students from using hijab.

A statement issued on Thursday, 24th November, 2022 by the group’s director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, accused Christian owners of private universities of gymnastic religiousity, religious intolerance and identity theft.

The statement reads:

“We have a litany of reports coming from Muslim students in private universities owned by Christians concerning anti-Muslim practices and religious apartheid. Muslim students are not allowed to practice their faith in those private universities. They cannot form Muslim students associations.

Worse still, they are not given any space where they can pray. Hijab is an anathema in such institutions. Muslim students are forced to attend Christian service in the chapel where attendance registers are marked and absentees are sanctioned. These institutions have the poorest human rights records today. To Muslim parents and students, these institutions are comparable to torture chambers at least for the duration of their studentship.

“These actions amount to gymnastic religiousity, religious intolerance and identity theft on the part of Christian owners of private universities. It is religious intolerance when Christian school authorities fail to provide a place for Muslim students to pray. It is acrobatic spirituality when Muslim students are forced to attend church. It is identity theft when Christian school owners disallow female Muslim students from wearing hijab thereby making them look like Christians.

“This treatment is obnoxious, unlawful, illegal, illegitimate and unconstitutional. It is an existential threat to the religion of Islam. It also constitutes indubitable proof of complete desertification of religious tolerance in the vocabulary of owners of Christian private universities.

“One way out of this quagmire is for Muslim students and their parents to make proper investigations before applying for admission into any private university. Those found to be owned by Christians should be avoided at all cost because they are nothing but spiritual traps set for Muslims to lose their identities.

“Christian proprietors do not possess that magnanimity, liberality and broadmindedness to share what they have without attaching strings. They continue to assure us with their body language that Christian evangelism in Nigeria knows no decency, to them all is fair, particularly that which is foul.

“To them, Muslim students are not among those who should enjoy or exercise their Allah-given fundamental human rights. Human rights should be enjoyed by Christian students alone.

“We urge Muslim students and their parents to avoid Christian private universities pending the time that the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) will sanitise them or pending the time Christian owners of private universities would have eschewed religious bigotry or learned to live and let live.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2022/11/muric-to-nigerian-muslims-avoid.html?m=1

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by waterpouroverfl: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2022
Nawao

I feel for my Yoruba brothers

It's a pity

Where ever, Islam breed high . Terrorism blooms

315 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by PureMe01: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2022
This is thiefnubuu footsoldiers talking. You can imagine the nuisance they will constitute when he finds himself in power.

Same muric that told Muslims to only vote Muslims

210 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Larryton(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2022
ogododo:
He also accused Christian university proprietors of religious intolerance and identity theft.

An Islamic rights advocacy group, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has told Nigerian Muslims to boycott all the private universities owned and controlled by Christians for not allowing the use of hijab and for some other reasons the group tagged as anti-Islamic.

Prof. Ishaq Akintola, Director of MURIC, who made this call in a statement made available to SaharaReporters on Thursday, stated that they had received multiple allegations from Muslim students studying at various Christian colleges about how they were pushed to attend churches and engage in specific religious actions prohibited in Islam.

He also accused Christian university proprietors of religious intolerance and identity theft.

The statement reads: "We have a litany of reports coming from Muslim students in private universities owned by Christians concerning anti-Muslim practices and religious apartheid. Muslim students are not allowed to practice their faith in those private universities. They cannot form Muslim students associations.

"Worse still, they are not given any space where they can pray. Hijab is an anathema in such institutions. Muslim students are forced to attend Christian service in the chapel where attendance registers are marked and absentees are sanctioned. These institutions have the poorest human rights records today. To Muslim parents and students, these institutions are comparable to torture chambers at least for the duration of their studentship.

"These actions amount to gymnastic religiosity, religious intolerance and identity theft on the part of Christian owners of private universities. It is religious intolerance when Christian school authorities fail to provide a place for Muslim students to pray. It is acrobatic spirituality when Muslim students are forced to attend church. It is identity theft when Christian school owners disallow female Muslim students from wearing hijab thereby making them look like Christians.

"This treatment is obnoxious, unlawful, illegal, illegitimate and unconstitutional. It is an existential threat to the religion of Islam. It also constitutes indubitable proof of complete desertification of religious tolerance in the vocabulary of owners of Christian private universities.

"One way out of this quagmire is for Muslim students and their parents to make proper investigations before applying for admission into any private university. Those found to be owned by Christians should be avoided at all costs because they are nothing but spiritual traps set for Muslims to lose their identities.

"Christian proprietors do not possess that magnanimity, liberality and broadmindedness to share what they have without attaching strings. They continue to assure us with their body language that Christian evangelism in Nigeria knows no decency, to them all is fair, particularly that which is foul.

"To them, Muslim students are not among those who should enjoy or exercise their Allah-given fundamental human rights. Human rights should be enjoyed by Christian students alone.

"We urge Muslim students and their parents to avoid Christian private universities pending the time that the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) will sanitise them or pending the time Christian owners of private universities would have eschewed religious bigotry or learned to live and let live."

https://saharareporters.com/2022/11/24/islamic-group-muric-tells-muslims-boycott-christian-universities-disallowing-use-hijab

Is this supposed to be a news, what are Muslims looking for in a Christian schools?

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Truthisunique2: 10:04am On Nov 24, 2022
I don't know who swear for muslims

Dem no dey use eye see anything Christian build to jump their inferior selves into

This one no be missionary schools which the Christian whites did again o claimed by government

Christians would be building, Muslims would be killing waiting for everything free with tears of inclusion

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Llight101(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2022
Hahaha...
What of Chad or should I mention Algeria?
This Man self, just go and build Muslim Universities.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2022
Tinubu presidency will embolden, yaruba terrorists.

Vote PDP

Atiku is coming

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by CanineOfJackal: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2022
The muslim folks will then go back to evolution age

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by PlayerMeji: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2022
It is called CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY for Christ's sake!

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by pinkPUSSY(f): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2022
I thought Yoruba is Yoruba?

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by JAMO84: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2022
I blame their parents for sending them to such Schools. Anywhere my dauthers cannot wear their hijab and practice Islam freely, I will make them avoid it like a plague.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Ojiofor: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2022
Na wetin Taofik and Tijani dey find for Christian schools?

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by madapcmod: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2022
Good riddance to rubbish.

I hope they pull out today. No procastinations.

I wonder if they have chapels in Crescent university and if without wearing Hijab, a Christian can step foot into such Muslim university.

Hypocrites that see everything through the prism of their useless islamic religion

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Truthisunique2: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2022
JAMO84:
I blame their parents for sending them to such Schools. Anywhere my dauthers cannot wear their hijab and practice Islam freely, I will make them avoid it like a plague.
Dem cut una hands from ever building anything?

It's always to carry plate like biambiallah Muslims Sabi

You want quality schools you run to Christian private institutions cos una no Sabi create

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Nightwolf1: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2022
Welcome development. Every head slammer, locate another university with immediate effect. Nobody can tolerate Islamic madness in a Christian university. This is not Nigeria's currency you good for nothing Islamic neanderthals have desecrated with Arabic madness.

56 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Truthisunique2: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
madapcmod:
Good riddance to rubbish.

I hope they pull out today. No procastinations.

I wonder if they have chapels in Crescent university and if without wearing Hijab, a Christian can step foot into such Muslim university.

Hypocrites that see everything through the prism of their useless religion
lol, Muslim University how does that one sound to you

Even una no don't attend such plague where they teach sharia

8 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by madapcmod: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
Christians will task their members to build schools that will inculcate Christian virtues, you Muslims will rather be sponsoring terrorism and building of mosque every where. Later you will want to direct Christians on how they use their facilities. Are you people mad or insane?

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by madapcmod: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol, Muslim University how does that one sound to you

Even una no don't attend such plague where they teach sharia

Before you quote me, understand what I wrote first

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by slivertongue: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2022
Good advice

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by MrColdsweat: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Religion of terrorism and paedophilia.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by ogododo: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
JAMO84:
God forbid sey APC win dem go force RCCG, Covenant and co to build mosques for dem schools like governor dey do for Kwara.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by madapcmod: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2022
This is why they are supporting APC. To the extent they rejected a competent Yoruba Christian for this Mu-Mu APC presents.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Racoon(m): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2022
Thank you MURIC. What are the Muslims doing in Christian universities in the first place? It is to go instigate the hijab or sharia controversy again?

Is it not Islam that encourages the use of the doctrine of taqqiya more than any other faith? You can only deceived your fanatic adherents.

68 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Racoon(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2022
JAMO84:
Provided they don't detonate those bombs they often hide inside those hijabs. That is why France banned the nonsense. Good radiance to bad rubbish.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by ogododo: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2022
Nlfpmod.
Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by techWriter1: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nawao I impression for my Nigerians s brothersIt's a pity Where ever, Islam breed high
Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by olusam4: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Who is bringing this man's matter to front page? Because I couldn't find a single in him

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by royalamour(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
But isn't it high time the DSS invited this delusional man for questioning?
Isn't this type of statement capable of causing civil war in Nigeria?

At a time when we are all trying to improve our unity, this man is coming up with this kind of divisional statement.

Why are the Obas and Alaafins letting this man continue with his radicalization project?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by Candidlady: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
sad
Re: Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims by MelesZanawi: 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
It's been long we heard from this foolish dog

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. / Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled / Federal University Wukari Taraba State Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.